14-01-2015, 08:05 PM
I don't give a **** tbh.

I see what you did there :)

Big_Franck
14-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Seen that, delighted. Awful penalty.

Bronson
14-01-2015, 08:41 PM
There are certain people you just want to see struggle, he is one of them.

SMAXXA
14-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Watching the half time in Ipswich game I see. I thought exactly the same and wondered how long it would take for this thread :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Watching the half time in Ipswich game I see. I thought exactly the same and wondered how long it would take for this thread :greengrin

It was on here last night - took no time at all. :greengrin

Anyway - I'm delighted for the ****.

SMAXXA
14-01-2015, 08:57 PM
It was on here last night - took no time at all. :greengrin

Anyway - I'm delighted for the ****.

Exactly **** him

Paisley Hibby
14-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Good to see him miss the critical penalty for wolves last night. GiRFUY

Aye, always good to see that fud making an arse of himself.

Zazu62
14-01-2015, 09:10 PM
What did he do again ?

Hermit Crab
14-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Why is there even a thread in this ?

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Why is there even a thread in this ?

Cos someone started one. Usual drill.

GreenArmyyy!
14-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Good.

hibs4thecup1988
14-01-2015, 09:31 PM
What did he do again ?

IIRC he posted on twitter something along the lines of he didn't care less about the 5-1 game and that he couldn't wait to get back to Wolves.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-01-2015, 09:57 PM
How the **** is that **** playing for Wolves. Do these twats not understand football?

Andy74
14-01-2015, 10:07 PM
How the **** is that **** playing for Wolves. Do these twats not understand football?

Perhaps they are more bothered about his football ability than what he said as a young man on Twitter or whatever?

Leigh Griffiths was saying at some point he couldn't wait to get back to Wolves by the way.

andrew70
14-01-2015, 10:10 PM

He was actually a decent player, a complete welt for what he said but truthfully he's a solid right back.

Bronson
14-01-2015, 10:13 PM
Perhaps they are more bothered about his football ability than what he said as a young man on Twitter or whatever?

Leigh Griffiths was saying at some point he couldn't wait to get back to Wolves by the way.

That wasn't too great either. In fact, that's sugar-coating it, awful footballer, awful guy.

Andy74
14-01-2015, 10:14 PM
That wasn't too great either. In fact, that's sugar-coating it, footballer, guy.

That's not true though is it?

Michael
14-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Only reason this thread is here is because of his comments. Maybe he's a dick, but then maybe he was just a 20 year old lad that said something a bit stupid after being humiliated in a Scottish cup final.

Gus
14-01-2015, 10:30 PM
He got dogs abuse after the final and he bit back, young lad.

So he missed a pen, playing at a higher level so can't imagine he is fussed that someone has started a thread on .net

givescotlandfreedom
14-01-2015, 10:33 PM
I was hoping this thread would be about how he was without a club. Horrible individual.

Thecat23
14-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Tim hat on here but I'd have said the very same thing myself! He was playing with a team with a split dressing room! Things at Hibs were bad and many players wanted out not just Matt! Pumped in a final and hurting he said something that offended Hibs fans. None story if you ask me. Off the park the guy was actually alright!

matty_f
14-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Cos someone started one. Usual drill.

:hilarious

My_Wife_Camille
14-01-2015, 10:56 PM
The guy said on twitter after that final that he didn't give a **** about the game and didn't give a **** about Hibs.

I hope this penalty miss turns out to be the highlight of his career. Prick

Thecat23
14-01-2015, 11:31 PM
The guy said on twitter after that final that he didn't give a **** about the game and didn't give a **** about Hibs.

I hope this penalty miss turns out to be the highlight of his career. Prick

He has never said he "didn't give a **** about Hibs"

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-01-2015, 12:15 AM

The footballing ability he possesses when he can be ersed to show it? Gonny take this patter down to the Brummy chatboards and warm them up when he decides he's moving on.

Footballing ability is not the issue here. Respect, application and a sense of decency is the issue.

snooky
15-01-2015, 12:29 AM
Tim hat on here but I'd have said the very same thing myself! He was playing with a team with a split dressing room! Things at Hibs were bad and many players wanted out not just Matt! Pumped in a final and hurting he said something that offended Hibs fans. None story if you ask me. Off the park the guy was actually alright!

A Freudian slip there, TC ? :greengrin

Centre Hawf
15-01-2015, 02:47 AM
I'll never forgive him for that tweet, and that performance more so.

spike220
15-01-2015, 06:16 AM
Worst player to pull on a Hibs shirt in ten years.

I must get down to Wolves when I have the time, then I can make some discouraging and negative remarks from the stands.

Pete
15-01-2015, 06:33 AM
The footballing ability he possesses when he can be ersed to show it? Gonny take this patter down to the Brummy chatboards and warm them up when he decides he's moving on.

Footballing ability is not the issue here. Respect, application and a sense of decency is the issue.

He's a few years older now so he probably won't be so hasty.

I'd like to know how much respect, application and a sense of decency all the guys who are getting torn into him had when they were that young.

Of course there are added responsibilities when it comes to being a footballer but he's only human.

PeterboroHibee
15-01-2015, 06:54 AM

I must get down to Wolves when I have the time, then I can make some discouraging and negative remarks from the stands.

I dont even think he comes close to that. As much as I dislike him for what he said, I thought he was actually a decent footballer. Hes first choice RB now for Wolves I think, so he cant be that bad!

spike220
15-01-2015, 07:48 AM
I dont even think he comes close to that. As much as I dislike him for what he said, I thought he was actually a decent footballer. Hes first choice RB now for Wolves I think, so he cant be that bad!

Did you watch the SC cup final? Either Doherty could not be bothered to put in a shift, or he was a badly found out. Either way I dont think he was fit for the jersey. If you disagree watch the replay and see for yourself.

Thecat23
15-01-2015, 07:52 AM

Matt Done was far worse so was Alan O'Brian and Matt Thornhill. Sure there's a few others in there.

PeterboroHibee
15-01-2015, 07:54 AM
Did you watch the SC cup final? Either Doherty could not be bothered to put in a shift, or he was a badly found out. Either way I dont think he was fit for the jersey. If you disagree watch the replay and see for yourself.

So your basis on him being the worst player in ten years is on one game (albeit, I accept, a fairly big game!)? If thats the sort of criteria, what about our daft LB who got himself needlessly sent off 30 seconds after HT?

I understand the general feeling towards him (as I said, Im no fan of him myself), but I still think there were enough games where he played well. Im pretty sure most people were happy with him until the final.

lapsedhibee
15-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Matt Done was far worse so was Alan O'Brian and Matt Thornhill. Sure there's a few others in there.

We shouldn't sign anyone else called Matt.

Thecat23
15-01-2015, 07:57 AM

I swear after I wrote that I was going to add what you just said [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spike220
15-01-2015, 08:25 AM
So your basis on him being the worst player in ten years is on one game (albeit, I accept, a fairly big game!)? If thats the sort of criteria, what about our daft LB who got himself needlessly sent off 30 seconds after HT?

I understand the general feeling towards him (as I said, Im no fan of him myself), but I still think there were enough games where he played well. Im pretty sure most people were happy with him until the final.

Nail, head, hit.

I dont think he understood what it meant and didn't give a stuff about it. That is enough for me. Do a poll and I think he would be no 1.

aljo7-0
15-01-2015, 08:26 AM

Agreed - they will never shine

FastEddieFelson
15-01-2015, 08:46 AM
he was great in the scottish cup game at home to killie that season. mind you, so was kujabi.

My_Wife_Camille
15-01-2015, 11:23 AM
He has never said he "didn't give a **** about Hibs"
He did mate, put it on twitter after the final in reply to a Hibs fan. Was along the lines of "I don't give a **** about your cup or your club".

Beefster
15-01-2015, 11:45 AM
I think some folk are projecting their hurt about the cup final onto Doherty tbh.

JIm
15-01-2015, 11:52 AM
I think some folk are projecting their hurt about the cup final onto Doherty tbh.

I agree, get over it and move on. Much more important things to worry about.

Bronson
15-01-2015, 12:28 PM
That's not true though is it?

It is though, taken for a ride in that cup final by a half fit, finished Andy Driver. Kujabi gets all the stick but Doherty wasn't much better that day in all honesty.

McKenzie
15-01-2015, 12:49 PM
Francombe was a far better footballer than Doherty. In fairness I couldn't give a flying one what he's doing now

ekhibee
15-01-2015, 12:57 PM
I don't use twitter so couldn't pass comment on what he said there, but he was interviewed after the game, I think it was by that young irish guy that was having one of his first shots at interviewing. The young guy interviewed different players, but Doherty came across really badly, and the comments he made didn't help. That's why I can't really be bothered with him. That doesn't mean I would wish any harm to come to him.

Wilson
15-01-2015, 12:58 PM

Aye, but **** him.

Stranraer
15-01-2015, 01:42 PM
his family were very nice. Met them on the train to that horrible cup final but the guy is a prat. GIRFUY

emerald green
15-01-2015, 05:39 PM
I will never forgive him for his abysmal performance and attitude both during and after that cup final.

Doherty wasn't the only one it must be said.

Stuarty27
15-01-2015, 05:52 PM
What de he actually write on twitter?

Smartie
15-01-2015, 06:04 PM
It just shows you the pressure that is on players to be on their game at all times, on and off the park.

Doherty was overall a good player for us. He joined a shambles of a club, on a short contract in order to get first team football. He was a drastic improvement on what we had before and played a major role in getting us to a cup final and in staying up.

He was absolutely dreadful in "that" game. Truly awful, although I'd also say that he was hung out to dry by our tactics that day that often left him with a winger and a full back piling in on him.

He badly let himself down with his comments after the game. I'd suggest that he was hurting and that he DID care about our cup AND our club and that it was the easiest thing for him to say in the face of what was undoubtedly some pretty heavy abuse. He was 90 minutes from being a legend and ended up being forever associated with one of the worst results on our history. Instead of being the hoodoo-busting hero who never needs to buy a pint on one side of Edinburgh again he's that ****** Doherty who gets a thread on hibs.net filled with hatred every time he so much as farts for the rest of his career.

He's a hard guy to like though so even after saying all that I have to say I hold no real fondness for him.

Pretty Boy
15-01-2015, 06:22 PM
What de he actually write on twitter?

He got a bit abuse on Twitter after that game. He replied with 'I don't give a **** tbh'.

Whether that meant about the game in general or was regarding what people were saying to him is open to interpretation and only he knows. It wasn't a smart move either way. He also laughed and said 'no chance' when asked if he would be back at ER the following season in his post match interview.

He had a 'mare in that final but he's nowhere near the worst player we have had in recent years. Piss poor attitude but a half decent player.

Lago
15-01-2015, 06:34 PM
When you see these and various names mentioned you realise just how poor Hibs recruitment was over the last few years.

Thecat23
15-01-2015, 06:38 PM
When you see these and various names mentioned you realise just how poor Hibs recruitment was over the last few years.

Very true mate. Sad state of affairs we got ourselves into!! Thankfully we are defo on the up under Stubbs.

Big_Franck
15-01-2015, 06:38 PM
He got a bit abuse on Twitter after that game. He replied with 'I don't give a **** tbh'.

Whether that meant about the game in general or was regarding what people were saying to him is open to interpretation and only he knows. It wasn't a smart move either way. He also laughed and said 'no chance' when asked if he would be back at ER the following season in his post match interview.

He had a 'mare in that final but he's nowhere near the worst player we have had in recent years. Piss poor attitude but a half decent player.

Totally agree about his attitude but disagree about his ability as a player. Anyone that gets torn a new one by Andy Driver can't be up to much.

Lago
15-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Very true mate. Sad state of affairs we got ourselves into!! Thankfully we are defo on the up under Stubbs.

:top marks

JIm
16-01-2015, 11:53 AM
It just shows you the pressure that is on players to be on their game at all times, on and off the park.

Doherty was overall a good player for us. He joined a shambles of a club, on a short contract in order to get first team football. He was a drastic improvement on what we had before and played a major role in getting us to a cup final and in staying up.

He was absolutely dreadful in "that" game. Truly awful, although I'd also say that he was hung out to dry by our tactics that day that often left him with a winger and a full back piling in on him.

He badly let himself down with his comments after the game. I'd suggest that he was hurting and that he DID care about our cup AND our club and that it was the easiest thing for him to say in the face of what was undoubtedly some pretty heavy abuse. He was 90 minutes from being a legend and ended up being forever associated with one of the worst results on our history. Instead of being the hoodoo-busting hero who never needs to buy a pint on one side of Edinburgh again he's that ****** Doherty who gets a thread on hibs.net filled with hatred every time he so much as farts for the rest of his career.

He's a hard guy to like though so even after saying all that I have to say I hold no real fondness for him.

I don't think i could have summed it up any better myself.

Diclonius
16-01-2015, 11:57 AM

The minute after the cup final ended, Doherty was interviewed after the game and asked whether he wanted to stay at Hibs. He laughed and said "no chance."

I think that says a lot more about his attitude toward the club and the final than some comments on Twitter.

Hibby D
16-01-2015, 12:07 PM
The minute after the cup final ended, Doherty was interviewed after the game and asked whether he wanted to stay at Hibs. He laughed and said "no chance."

I think that says a lot more about his attitude toward the club and the final than some comments on Twitter.

To be fair, if someone asked me my thoughts on Hibs just after the final whistle of that game, I'd have been hard pushed to have anything remotely nice to say :greengrin