PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Fitba'- Tam McManus interview

Fenriz
13-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Hi all, last night's interview with Tam McManus is now available online. The show this week is available in two parts if you'd like to listen to the interview alone. In my opinion, this was a fantastically honest and insightful interview, Tam spoke very well and at great length about his time at Hibs.

http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/e/mnf-tam-mcmanus/
https://m.mixcloud.com/RSaltire/mnf-tam-mcmanus-120115/
And iTunes.
Youtube to follow soon.

Enjoy! And let us know what you think.:flag:

Jonnyboy
13-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Hi all, last night's interview with Tam McManus is now available online. The show this week is available in two parts if you'd like to listen to the interview alone. In my opinion, this was a fantastically honest and insightful interview, Tam spoke very well and at great length about his time at Hibs.

http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/e/mnf-tam-mcmanus/
https://m.mixcloud.com/RSaltire/mnf-tam-mcmanus-120115/
And iTunes.
Youtube to follow soon.

Enjoy! And let us know what you think.:flag:

Excellent and it was great listening to Tam. He's a great lad and answered well and honestly. I wish him well in the future :aok:

patlowe
15-01-2015, 11:53 AM
From that interview, it seems that Tam is genuinely regretful about leaving Hibs and maintains a real affinity with the club. It's a shame (although it does sound like he made some pretty bad choices in his last year at the club) but its great to hear someone speak in such glowing terms about what Hibs means to them, especially someone who grew up a Celtic fan outside of Edinburgh.

superfurryhibby
15-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Yet to listen to the interview. I always liked McManus and will always remember his first start against Hearts at Tynie. He was outstanding, despite being on the receiving end of some brutality from them. Maybe not the most gifted technically but he had enough to have been great Hibee, if he hadnae been such a fud in terms of lifestyle off the field.

SlickShoes
15-01-2015, 01:29 PM
He sounds absoloutley gutted that he left hibs when he did and it was all down to money. Said he would have traded it all in to have just stayed at hibs and taken a paycut instead of moving on when he did.

Really enjoyed the interview, sounds like he's finally got his head screwed on!

Holmesdale Hibs
15-01-2015, 02:28 PM
He scored some unbelievable goals in his time at Hibs. He could be a bit hot or miss, but when he was a hit it could be spectacular. A couple of great goals vs both sides of the unwashed iirc. Good luck to him.

Cheers for posting, looking forward to listening.

TheFamous1875
15-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Says that he would've traded his whole career to stay at Hibs for the whole of it. That's some statement. I wonder how he would've gotten on? Ever present squad player/cult hero?

jacomo
15-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Says that he would've traded his whole career to stay at Hibs for the whole of it. That's some statement. I wonder how he would've gotten on? Ever present squad player/cult hero?

From memory, his departure gave Riordan his chance to establish himself in the team. Although Tam was a decent striker when he left us and can never have enough of those.

Iggy Pope
15-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Yet to listen to the interview. I always liked McManus and will always remember his first start against Hearts at Tynie. He was outstanding, despite being on the receiving end of some brutality from them. Maybe not the most gifted technically but he had enough to have been great Hibee, if he hadnae been such a fud in terms of lifestyle off the field.

Agree largely, but his volley in the 2-5 reverse at Ibrox is probably the most technically proficient I've seen in the flesh. Love Tam to bits and his pole dance had me laughing my tits off for days. That was technically not shabby either.

Green Reaper
15-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Spectacular volley;

http://youtu.be/egKPu90S2SU

givescotlandfreedom
15-01-2015, 10:25 PM
I'm sure Tam scored at Parkhead too and had one harshly chopped off.

bigstu
15-01-2015, 10:36 PM
What does he do now?

bigstu
15-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Listening to the first bit now. Reminds me how good a team we had last time around in the 1st Division & again fills me with sadness how it ended with Sauzee & that he has never been back since.

portycabbage
15-01-2015, 10:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYn_Kr149rE

Some goals Tam scored for Ayr, Dunfermline and Colorado - couple of crackers, and some Spanish commentary.:tee hee:

Sir David Gray
15-01-2015, 11:27 PM
What does he do now?

Plays for Limerick over in Ireland.

bigstu
15-01-2015, 11:29 PM
It was a great listen, some good memories! A good Hibs man!

superfurryhibby
16-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Agree largely, but his volley in the 2-5 reverse at Ibrox is probably the most technically proficient I've seen in the flesh. Love Tam to bits and his pole dance had me laughing my tits off for days. That was technically not shabby either.

Even I managed on rare occasions to score the odd spectacular goal that was technically proficient and I spent my football career on public parks. I mean that he wasn't as gifted as some, but had enough assets to have been a good servant to Hibs. Maybe like a Gareth Evans, but less headless chicken?

Fenriz
16-01-2015, 07:50 AM
What I was most struck by was his complimentary attitude towards Tony Mowbray. I wasn't exactly expecting him to be bitter, but thought he might have felt he was treated unfairly around the time of his leaving. Not a bit of it- he admits fully that the reason he parted ways with Hibs was due to bad advice and bad choices on his part. It sounds like by the time he came back from his loan at Boston, the train had moved on without him. It seems a shame that he ended up leaving right around the time that he could have really lived up to his potential, and been an integral part of that great team circa '04-'07.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2015, 04:03 PM
When did we lose 6-2 to Hearts? :confused:

Iggy Pope
16-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Even I managed on rare occasions to score the odd spectacular goal that was technically proficient and I spent my football career on public parks. I mean that he wasn't as gifted as some, but had enough assets to have been a good servant to Hibs. Maybe like a Gareth Evans, but less headless chicken?

I did agree largely. Just don't think technique was a big problem for him.

Andy74
16-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Plays for Limerick over in Ireland.

Don't think he does now.

portycabbage
16-01-2015, 05:06 PM
When did we lose 6-2 to Hearts? :confused:

Never, I think he means the 5-1 game under blobby where De Virus scored 4 playing against our midget back 4!

KeithTheHibby
17-01-2015, 07:47 AM
Really nice guy is TM.

I was over in Florida in summer 2012 and Orlando City were playing Tams club at the time Rochester Rhinos.
I got in touch with him to find out how to get tickets and he managed to arrange half a dozen comps for me. Needless to say Rhinos lost 5-0 and Tam was hooked in the first half.:greengrin

Top bloke.:thumbsup:

Fenriz
23-02-2015, 05:08 PM
Thought I'd give this a wee bump after just reading that Tam has decided to call it a day on his footballing career. Cheers for the memories, Tam!

superfurryhibby
23-02-2015, 06:02 PM
I did agree largely. Just don't think technique was a big problem for him.

Ahem, sorry. Was on a roll and not for stopping. Good lad, good Hibee.

He spoke highly of Hibs and told a good story of him and a training ground pager with Zitelli too. Retired after a decent career. Good luck to him, always liked Tam.

Bostonhibby
23-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Good wee player - mind shouting to him when he was warming up as a sub when he was on loan at Boston Utd when they were in the English 2nd Division - think he was a bit surprised to hear from a Hibby - He was in a decent side then - Julian Joachim, Jason Lee, Noel Whelan, even had Andy Kirk at the same time.

Jonnyboy
23-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the memories Tam :thumbsup:

WillowbraeHibby
23-02-2015, 07:07 PM
I really enjoyed listening to the interview with Tam McManus, another player who really fitted in at ER, and was well liked by the support... It was really good to hear of his fondness for Hibs, and his wish that he had stayed...

All the very best Tam... And thanks for the memories you gave.. :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
23-02-2015, 07:33 PM
He was on Sportsound earlier - only caught 5 mins of it when I was in the car so will download the podcast later.