PDA

View Full Version : Sol Bamba

H18Y GW
13-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Anyone any ideas bar the obviiois that he is really ***** , as to why he is missing from the IVC Africa cup squad.

For me only Colin Murdock come close to him in touch and positioning ,one lucky guy !!!

Bad Habits
13-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Was awful at the world cup, Looked slow and lazy IMO and well out of his league

ionahibby
13-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Anyone any ideas bar the obviiois that he is really ***** , as to why he is missing from the IVC Africa cup squad.

For me only Colin Murdoch come close to him in touch and positioning ,one lucky guy !!!

He had his moments but to say he was **** is bit far fetched. He was a key player for us at one stage.

H18Y GW
13-01-2015, 09:27 PM
He had his moments but to say he was **** is bit far fetched. He was a key player for us at one stage.

At what stage was this , total bombscare .

SaulGoodman
13-01-2015, 09:27 PM
This is a strange thread

S4uzee
13-01-2015, 09:28 PM
He was very good in midfield

Bronson
13-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Is this thread a joke? I loved Bamba, cracking player.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2015, 09:29 PM
I'd say he's the best centre half we have had that i can remember.

keep the faith
13-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Really? I liked Sol Bamba!!

micka_weer
13-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Always thought he was very good

keep the faith

He was. I wish we persisted with him there.

Jack
Injured.

Stevie Reid
I think I put him at CH in my best Hibs team of the last ten years thread on here, when it was started last year.

leggeto
13-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Played better against us in the semi with the pars

Northernhibee
13-01-2015, 09:31 PM
The best CB we've had in many, many years.

Pretty Boy
13-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Bamba was a good player for us.

Looked out his depth at the World Cup admittedly but that's a hell of a step up from the SPL.

portycabbage
13-01-2015, 09:35 PM

Not so good at right-back!:greengrin

H18Y GW
13-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Wow , I'm amazed

7 clubs in 6 years and on loan now , he must be doing really well ,I'd accept he was better in midfield but only because he couldn't be worse, he couldn't even pass a ball ..

Thanks for the injured answer ,couldn't find it on Google

H18Y GW
13-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Would he play now in this team ??
Would Stubbs pick someone with such poor around ability ?

No x 2

3pm
13-01-2015, 09:38 PM

No x 2

Ha Ha!

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2015, 09:39 PM

No x 2

He'd walk into this team if he was the player we had a few years ago.

H18Y GW
13-01-2015, 09:42 PM
He'd walk into this team if he was the player we had a few years ago.

Id be truly surprised

tamig
13-01-2015, 09:42 PM

For me only Colin Murdock come close to him in touch and positioning ,one lucky guy !!!

Really? You can't have been to many Hibs games over the years then.

H18Y GW
13-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Yeah , that will be it lol.

Dreary me , that's a post

portycabbage
13-01-2015, 09:45 PM
I think I put him at CH in my best Hibs team of the last ten years thread on here, when it was started last year.

The best CB we've had in many, many years.

I don't think we've been spoiled for great central defenders in recent years, but would probably agree - minus the bit near the end of his time here, when his heart didn't seem to be in it particularly.

JimBHibees
13-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Bamba was a decent player for Hibs and also has had a pretty decent career in the game for someone apparently so bad. :greengrin

tamig
13-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Yeah , that will be it lol.

Dreary me , that's a post

You reckon only Colin Murdock comes close to him in terms of badness? You really are having a laugh - right?

SunshineOnLeith
13-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Bring him home, Stubbs :pray:

zlatan
13-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Wow , I'm amazed

7 clubs in 6 years and on loan now , he must be doing really well ,I'd accept he was better in midfield but only because he couldn't be worse, he couldn't even pass a ball ..

Leicester
Trabzonspor
Palermo

No loans, just 4 clubs in 6 years, including Hibs. The current team are 10th in Serie A, albeit injuries have restricted him to only a couple of appearances.

Best central defender I've seen at Hibs bar Sauzee.

Stevie Reid
13-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Wow , I'm amazed

Apart from you being way off the mark regarding his ability, he's played for six clubs in his whole professional career, which has spanned 11 years.

Pretty Boy
13-01-2015, 09:54 PM
I don't think we've been spoiled for great central defenders in recent years, but would probably agree - minus the bit near the end of his time here, when his heart didn't seem to be in it particularly.

I think his trip to the Cup of Nations where he was rubbing shoulders with the likes of Drogba, Toure etc and hearing of their huge salaries turned his head a bit. I'd agree he was never the same after that and his departure was somewhat inevitable.

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2015, 09:54 PM

Opinions eh!

SunshineOnLeith
13-01-2015, 09:55 PM
I think his trip to the Cup of Nations where he was rubbing shoulders with the likes of Drogba, Toure etc and hearing of their huge salaries turned his head a bit. I'd agree he was never the same after that and his departure was somewhat inevitable.

That Ivorian team was hilarious, full of absolute giants....and Solomon Kalou.

SMAXXA
13-01-2015, 09:56 PM
This thread is a bit Welty, in keeping with some rank rotten posts on this board the last few days.

JimBHibees
13-01-2015, 09:58 PM
This thread is a bit Welty, in keeping with some rank rotten posts on this board the last few days.

Yep up there with the Craig thread for nonsense.

Michael
13-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Bamba was a great player on his day, but I still felt he was always capable of a catastrophic mistake at any moment. For this reason, I personally preferred when he played just ahead of the back 4.

Anyway, the Bamba that played for Hibs would be a superstar in the championship.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-01-2015, 10:19 PM
I still have a man crush on the big swaggering sexual tyrannosaurus.

GreenOnions
13-01-2015, 10:32 PM

:faf: I don't know what else to say

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2015, 10:36 PM
This thread is surely a joke? Bamba wasn't perfect but a bombscore, good lord.

poolman
13-01-2015, 10:45 PM

WTF

I think we're really awash with Yam trolls at the minute

Thats a lot of vowels in the wrong place in the word obvious

Did you go to Tynecastle High by any chance

Hibs90
13-01-2015, 10:52 PM
I still have a man crush on the big swaggering sexual tyrannosaurus.

Great player. Made a good career in the game so far.

J-C
13-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Deary me the slavers are out early this week, what a naff OP, Bamba was a top CH for us and one we desperately need right now.

snooky
13-01-2015, 11:02 PM
He wasn't as bad as some are making out but certainly no superstar as some others would have you believe.
I'd pitch him slightly above average.

sambajustice
13-01-2015, 11:11 PM
He wasn't as bad as some are making out but certainly no superstar as some others would have you believe.

This.

This thread seems to be either end of the spectrum and not many saying he was alright.

Not the worst.
And never the next best after Sauzee!!!

zlatan
13-01-2015, 11:15 PM
No matter what we can all agree the guy is an absolute babe

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-01-2015, 11:33 PM
What a strange thread. Big Bamba was great for us. Absolutely strolled it most weeks. Would love to see him in our current squad

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Easily one of my favourite players from the last few years. Would walk into any team in scotland right now.

portycabbage
13-01-2015, 11:45 PM
No matter what we can all agree the guy is an absolute babe

That depends on whether you are attracted to 6'3" athletic black guys.

Not me - I prefer 'em 5'9".:wink:

hfc rd
13-01-2015, 11:46 PM
Everyone has got an opinion but I loved big Sol Bamba at Hibs.

My_Wife_Camille
14-01-2015, 12:09 AM
A true leader of men

LaMotta
14-01-2015, 12:24 AM

One of the daftest posts I've read on here, pipped for daftness only by your subsequent posts on this thread.

dmc1875
14-01-2015, 12:51 AM
I can only presume the OP has got Bamba muddled up with Shelton Martis otherwise he's lost his marbles?

Bamba was a cracking player either in midfield or ar the back and would crawl into the current team Nevermind walk.

HoboHarry
14-01-2015, 01:01 AM
Aye, played in two World Cups as well as the African Nations Cup. Played in Serie A and a Turkish Club payed 750,000 for him. Bet there's a few more players who wished they were "slightly above average"......

Thecat23
14-01-2015, 01:14 AM

That bad he got a very good move down south and done very well for himself. Not being cheeky but did you go to many games when he played for us? He was MOTM many times at ER.

Aldo
14-01-2015, 01:29 AM
Thought he was an excellent player and could do with his type of player at the moment

Baader
14-01-2015, 01:33 AM
Certainly nearer the top end of Hibs centre backs than the bottom from what Ive seen...

Did I miss the signings of Cannavaro, Pique and Kompany?

The_Exile
14-01-2015, 01:48 AM
Are the schools off this week or summin??

Jones28
14-01-2015, 03:15 AM
Not a legend for us by any stretch, but a solid player who would've gotten us 3 points on Saturday 👍

Forza Fred
14-01-2015, 04:07 AM
I'd say he's the best centre half we have had that i can remember.

I never thought you were that young BH:greengrin

All opinions I guess, but even in your time I personally would have put Rob Jones ahead of him?

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 05:30 AM
WTF

I think we're really awash with Yam trolls at the minute

Thats a lot of vowels in the wrong place in the word obvious

Did you go to Tynecastle High by any chance

There are big spaces between your sentences lol and I've probably been to more away games than you have been to ER , I went to Portobello just to allow your nonsense not to manifest itself, I'm fairly happy that the majority of .Netters agree with me as its only a few who don't judging by posts ,and that those who have him in there best ever ,and one puts him up beside Sauzee are younger and easily pleased .

There must be some Stato who can give us the figures of him playing in the back 4 .

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 05:32 AM

All opinions I guess, but even in your time I personally would have put Rob Jones ahead of him?

By a mile , I'd even have Shelton Martis ahead of him..

MWHIBBIES
14-01-2015, 05:34 AM
There are big spaces between your sentences lol and I've probably been to more away games than you have been to ER , I went to Portobello just to allow your nonsense not to manifest itself, I'm fairly happy that the majority of .Netters agree with me as its only a few who don't judging by posts ,and that those who have him in there best ever ,and one puts him up beside Sauzee are younger and easily pleased .

There must be some Stato who can give us the figures of him playing in the back 4 .What posts are these? most people in this thread agree Bamba was quality and you are talking rubbish.

Cameron1875
14-01-2015, 06:12 AM
Had the odd daft moment but a good player for us imo.

Forza Fred
14-01-2015, 07:23 AM
By a mile , I'd even have Shelton Martis ahead of him..

Never in a million light years

I don't consider him the best Hibs centre half I.,'ve seen by any means, but he was still a quality player.

Actually I preferred him in midfield.

He'd walk into our current team.

He WAS capable of making you wonder though, whether he would make the end of the game, and I happened to be back for his debut.......when he got red carded,

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 07:32 AM
Never in a million light years

I don't consider him the best Hibs centre half I.,'ve seen by any means, but he was still a quality player.

Actually I preferred him in midfield.

He'd walk into our current team.

He WAS capable of making you wonder though, whether he would make the end of the game, and I happened to be back for his debut.......when he got red carded,

Hint of sarcasm in the Martis post , and I don't think Stubbs would let him anywhere near this team .

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2015, 07:53 AM

:greengrin Jones is a legend for that goal, but for me i couldn't name a better centre half in my time watching Hibs.

Sauzee does not count, he was not a centre half. I will concede he was a better midfielder than Sol. :wink:

PeterboroHibee
14-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Bamba has played in the Championship, the Turkish SuperLig and now in Serie A. Hes also been at 2 World Cups and 2 African Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast. Id say thats a pretty good career that seems to have had him progressing in terms of the level hes playing at - something I cant imagine would happen if he was as bad as is being suggested in this thread.

I personally enjoyed watching Bamba when he was at Hibs. I thought he was at the top of his game in CM for us, but he had all the physical attributes to be a really good CB. I imagine this thread is just trying to be controversial for the sake of it...

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Bamba has played in the Championship, the Turkish SuperLig and now in Serie A. Hes also been at 2 World Cups and 2 African Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast. Id say thats a pretty good career that seems to have had him progressing in terms of the level hes playing at - something I cant imagine would happen if he was as bad as is being suggested in this thread.

I personally enjoyed watching Bamba when he was at Hibs. I thought he was at the top of his game in CM for us, but he had all the physical attributes to be a really good CB. I imagine this thread is just trying to be controversial for the sake of it...

He doesn't play for Us , so no need to court controversy, I genuinely looked at him as a nightmare waiting to happen , hence Mixu moving him into midfield where I accept he done better . I stated on the OP he was one lucky guy and as your post shows , he certainly was .

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 08:19 AM
:greengrin Jones is a legend for that goal, but for me i couldn't name a better centre half in my time watching Hibs.

Sauzee does not count, he was not a centre half. I will concede he was a better midfielder than Sol. :wink:

I'd harbour a guess you were a better midfielder also 😜

BSEJVT
14-01-2015, 08:52 AM
It interesting to watch someone make a nonsensical post and then dig a deeper hole trying to justify it:greengrin

Bamba would on ability stroll into this Hibs team and most of the ones I have watched in my 45 years of watching Hibs.

If he had had an attitude / mentality to match he would have strolled into them all.

He had a healthy conceit of himself as a player and was prone to a lack of concentration and errors of judgement but wouldn't have been at Hibs if he hadn't.

You would be extremely hard pushed to name another player who came through Hibs when his career was still in the ascendancy who has achieved as much as Bamba.

erin go bragh
14-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Think the op is at it . On a wee fishing trip me thinks .
Bamba was a very good player for us .

Ggtth

Aldo
14-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Think the op is at it . On a wee fishing trip me thinks . Bamba was a very good player for us . Ggtth

One of Mixu's better signings as well. Think the fee was about 70,000 plus a percentage of sell on fee!!

jacomo
14-01-2015, 10:05 AM

There must be some Stato who can give us the figures of him playing in the back 4 .

I definitely don't agree with you.

SlickShoes
14-01-2015, 10:07 AM

:aok: right then Mr Statistics.

Bamba is a pretty good footballer, currently playing at much higher level than the Scottish Championship, he is not the best we have ever had but he was streets ahead of what we have been burdened with for the last few years.

PeterboroHibee
14-01-2015, 10:11 AM
He doesn't play for Us , so no need to court controversy, I genuinely looked at him as a nightmare waiting to happen , hence Mixu moving him into midfield where I accept he done better . I stated on the OP he was one lucky guy and as your post shows , he certainly was .

In what sense?

Id agree with you if he was say called up to for the WC, was a complete disaster and was never picked again, but hes been in 3 tournament squads (and has played) since then. Hes also been progressing in terms of the levels he is playing at club level - all of those managers cant be wrong?

GreenPJ
14-01-2015, 10:42 AM
I liked Bamba and when he was focussed he was very good but the issue was that he was maybe 100% focussed every 5 games.

As for the best defender we have had in the last 30 years then personally I can't see it, I think of Laursen, Doumbe, Jones and going further back Welsh, Dennis, Hunter, Mitchell, McIntyre, Rae as being more consistent than Bamba.

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 10:44 AM
It interesting to watch someone make a nonsensical post and then dig a deeper hole trying to justify it:greengrin

Bamba would on ability stroll into this Hibs team and most of the ones I have watched in my 45 years of watching Hibs.

If he had had an attitude / mentality to match he would have strolled into them all.

He had a healthy conceit of himself as a player and was prone to a lack of concentration and errors of judgement but wouldn't have been at Hibs if he hadn't.

You would be extremely hard pushed to name another player who came through Hibs when his career was still in the ascendancy who has achieved as much as Bamba.

I'm digging no hole , your post states exactly the thoughts ive portrayed.

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 10:46 AM
I liked Bamba and when he was focussed he was very good but the issue was that he was maybe 100% focussed every 5 games.

As for the best defender we have had in the last 30 years then personally I can't see it, I think of Laursen, Doumbe, Jones and going further back Welsh, Dennis, Hunter, Mitchell, McIntyre, Rae as being more consistent than Bamba.

And that's before you head for the 70s and Black and Blackley .

Forza Fred
14-01-2015, 11:33 AM
And that's before you head for the 70s and Black and Blackley .

MacNamee, Madsen, Easton?

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 11:38 AM

Paterson and McNamara .

I'm not sure he is getting in the top 11 CBs never mind best 11.

--------
14-01-2015, 11:44 AM

Your judgement of a footballer is about as good as your spelling.

Sol left us to go to Leicester in the English Championship, then on to Trabzonspor in the Turkish top League then moved to Palermo in Serie A.

That isn't the CV of a "really *****" player. He wasn't the most consistent centre-back we've ever had, but he wasn't anything like as bad as you and your Jambo mates are making out.

Go away - you're giving the forum a disgusting smell of Yam.

easty
14-01-2015, 11:53 AM

Me? I'm pretty good.

alan1875
14-01-2015, 12:50 PM
I really liked big Uli Laursen! was gutted when he went to Celtic. Matt Doumbe was good too, lightening quick and obviously Jones. Sauzee is on a whole other level!

Bamba was decent if a bit absent minded now and again when he wanted to go on a mazy etc. but he was a good player for us and I certainly enjoyed him being here.

The stint at the world cup turned his head and it was pretty downhill from there. Before that though, his was a name that you definitely wanted to see on the team sheet!

snooky
14-01-2015, 12:59 PM
I really liked big Uli Laursen! was gutted when he went to Celtic. Matt Doumbe was good too, lightening quick and obviously Jones. Sauzee is on a whole other level!

Bamba was decent if a bit absent minded now and again when he wanted to go on a mazy etc. but he was a good player for us and I certainly enjoyed him being here.

The stint at the world cup turned his head and it was pretty downhill from there. Before that though, his was a name that you definitely wanted to see on the team sheet!

I'll go along with all that :agree:

GlesgaeHibby
14-01-2015, 01:05 PM
OP is completely at it.

Bamba was better than Hogg, Martis, McPake, McGivern to name but a few that have played at CH in recent years.

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Your judgement of a footballer is about as good as your spelling.

Sol left us to go to Leicester in the English Championship, then on to Trabzonspor in the Turkish top League then moved to Palermo in Serie A.

That isn't the CV of a "really *****" player. He wasn't the most consistent centre-back we've ever had, but he wasn't anything like as bad as you and your Jambo mates are making out.

Go away - you're giving the forum a disgusting smell of Yam.

And you thought my post was cringey :faf::faf:

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 02:32 PM
OP is completely at it.

Bamba was better than Hogg, Martis, McPake, McGivern to name but a few that have played at CH in recent years.

Give you that,but none appeared at WCs ,they werent so lucky.
Mcpake and Bamba are much of a muchness i think.

West hamBERNIAN
14-01-2015, 03:03 PM

I thought he was terrific in midfield, good pace and power with good technique. He obviously wanted to move to defence as he would never get in ivory coasts midfield. Personally I thought he was dodgy at the back also.

H18Y GW
14-01-2015, 03:17 PM
I thought he was terrific in midfield, good pace and power with good technique. He obviously wanted to move to defence as he would never get in ivory coasts midfield. Personally I thought he was dodgy at the back also.

You'll be a **** or Yam for that statement ...:aok:

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Best CH we've had since Jones, great player.

West hamBERNIAN
14-01-2015, 05:19 PM
You'll be a **** or Yam for that statement ...:aok:

What's a ****? Have a word eh. Doubt many hearts fans would have called him terrific. There's not a chance he was as good in defence, he bossed games in midfield. try not to get your knickers in a twist if you disagree though 😃👍

Dalkeith Hibee
14-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Loads of folk on here calling him pish. I wonder how many of them rated the likes of Nelson and McGivern......the 2 worst centre backs Ive seen at Hibs.

Bamba was far from pish

superfurryhibby
14-01-2015, 06:21 PM

MacIntyre, Welsh and Dennis were, to varying degrees gash.

Some amusing posts from the OP. Either bored, attention seeking or just a natural born fandango.

DAVE1875
14-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Would stroll into our defence and quite frankly I'd welcome him back with open arms. Yes he was a bombscare from time to time but he certainly was not a pish defender.

Seemed to have a weird thing about nearly breaking his neck going over opposition players' shoulders to head the ball though

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-01-2015, 07:10 PM
MacIntyre, Welsh and Dennis were, to varying degrees.

Some amusing posts from the OP. Either bored, attention seeking or just a natural born fandango.Probably all 3 but I'll go with that one.

squire
14-01-2015, 07:25 PM
All aboard the Sol train! Loved the big man, more so in midfield I have to say

cabbageandribs1875
15-01-2015, 12:47 AM
wouldn't mind seeing the bamba man back at ER :agree:

heretoday
15-01-2015, 07:57 AM
Sauzee was the best at the back and he could go forward too. Bamba was not in the same league but he was ok and would be an asset now.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Sauzee was the best at the back and he could go forward too. Bamba was not in the same league but he was ok and would be an asset now.

I wouldn't say Sauzee actually played centre back, he played behind Smith and Fenwick in a more sweeper role.

allezsauzee
15-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Big Sol physically excellent but mentally dismal. He had strength and pace, was excellent in the air and was a quality tackler. Unfortunately his concentration level was poor to say the least.

J-C
15-01-2015, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't say Sauzee actually played centre back, he played behind Smith and Fenwick in a more sweeper role.

Sauzee when he came to us was a deep lying playmaker in the same role as Boozy played, when his legs started to slow down he was good enough to drop back into the sweeper role, his passing at times was sublime.

hibsbollah
15-01-2015, 09:16 AM

:agree:

Can't believe some of the baws I read on here sometimes.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Sauzee when he came to us was a deep lying playmaker in the same role as Boozy played, when his legs started to slow down he was good enough to drop back into the sweeper role, his passing at times was sublime.

:agree: Now he was a player, one of the best. :thumbsup:

basehibby
15-01-2015, 12:18 PM

!! You are having a laugh - have just read through this thread and the vast majority think you are either a Yam Fud at the wind up or have missed your medication!

Bamba's immense physique added to the fact he was no at all bad at football (I agree he was not in the same league as Sauzee for what it's worth) made him a standout in the SPL. He was a massive miss when he left us and I'm fairly sure that the stats will bear that out.

basehibby
15-01-2015, 02:42 PM

You are stretching the point to ludicrous proportions here mate - Laursen , Jones, Hunter, Rae & McIntyre were all good servants at Center Half - possibly Doumbe as well at a stretch. However, Mitchell hardly ever played there (usually at Left back),Welsh was hardly a1st team regular & Dennis was only really distinguished by the tears of joy shed by many Hibs supporters on his departure!

ekhibee
15-01-2015, 02:51 PM

Paul Fenwick was a better CH than Bamba.

Hibby Bairn
15-01-2015, 04:16 PM
What about Roy Barry, John Hughes, Ally Brazil, Willie Jamieson, Gary Smith and briefly Boozy.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Paul Fenwick was a better CH than Bamba in my opinion.

I finished what you failed to type.

Stevie Reid
15-01-2015, 05:50 PM

After Latapy left, Sauzee at sweeper was our best defender and our most creative player.

Aldo
15-01-2015, 05:54 PM
:agree: After Latapy left, Sauzee at sweeper was our best defender and our most creative player.

He was and formed a very good partnership with Fenwick and Gary Smith.

Hibby Bairn
15-01-2015, 05:55 PM

After Latapy left, Sauzee at sweeper was our best defender and our most creative player.

Remember clearly a 60m pinged pass from deep inside his own half at Easter Road out to the wide left to I think John O'Neill. Landed at his feet like a perfectly played wedge into a par 3 green. Majestic.

H18Y GW
16-01-2015, 06:44 PM
I finished what you failed to type and i agree he was.

Ditto :na na:

KdyHby
21-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Rumoured to have signed for Leeds

GreenArmy1875
21-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Think he was a good player but never showed his full ability at hibs and seemed to do better when he left. I personally thought he was good at hibs but was a bit of a bombscare at times.

AngusHibby
21-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Always rated him, prone to the odd error, but otherwise decent.

Anyone remember who we were playing when he scored an own goal in front of the famous five and started laughing? made me laugh at the time, some fans weren't too happy though...

LancashireHibby
23-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Rumoured to have signed for Leeds

Confirmed on loan
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30932028

Smartie
23-01-2015, 07:10 PM
I always thought the error-proneness was a bit of a myth. I was promised wacky comic capers aplenty from my Dunfermline-supporting mates when he joined but I don't really remember him being that way with us. He was obviously young and raw at the Pars and will have made mistakes there.

Can anyone really remember any high-profile gaffes he made that led to any goals? McGivern, Zibi etc were error-prone.

I just remember him being a very good player, everywhere we played him other than RB where he was gash.

Bishop Hibee
23-01-2015, 07:54 PM
We've had better but we've had a hell of a lot worse. Thing is, my abiding memory of him will always be bundling Dean Shiels over in the box in the semi replay v the Pars and getting away with it.

DAVE1875
21-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Doing the business for Leeds and is the current vice captain. God I miss the big beautiful ******* :love ya!:

hibby6270
21-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Doing the business for Leeds and is the current vice captain. God I miss the big beautiful ******* :love ya!:

Watching the Leeds game just now v Middlesbrough and he is captain today. Commentator making out he was made captain when he a arrived in transfer window. Hasn't had a bad game so far today......!!

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2015, 01:45 PM
68 minutes gone in this game between Middlesbrough and Leeds, and its a certainty that big Sol will be picking up the MOM.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-02-2015, 01:55 PM
The man is a god.

silverhibee
21-02-2015, 01:56 PM
68 minutes gone in this game between Middlesbrough and Leeds, and its a certainty that big Sol will be picking up the MOM.

Been outstanding so far today.

blackpoolhibs
21-02-2015, 02:17 PM

Been outstanding so far today.

Keeper got it??????:confused:

silverhibee
21-02-2015, 02:33 PM
Keeper got it??????:confused:

Bamba was blocking everything before it got to the goalie, strange decision. :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-02-2015, 08:35 PM
Watching the big man stroll through 100 minutes against the championship leaders today with a cigar hanging out his mouth makes some of the comments on this thread, in particular the original post, look even more ridiculous than they did this morning.

Hibeesmad
22-02-2015, 12:39 AM
Always loved big Sol, hope he does well there. I remember him leaving us and scoring 2 goals on his debut for leicester against Man City

truehibernian
22-02-2015, 12:43 AM
Just needs to get a more reliable watch at times and get up earlier :cb:greengrin

Great man, great player, good Hibee :aok:

WellingtonHibby
04-03-2015, 07:41 PM
I reckon the Guardian Match commentary sum him up perfectly...

Sol Bamba endured a ghastly performance against Watford at the weekend but, so far as I’ve seen, rescuing him from unemployment has really paid off for Leeds so far: you don’t want him trying to stride out of defence with the ball, but otherwise he’s really generally brought real steel and authority to Leeds’ backline. So it’s good to see he’s kept his place for the visit of Ipswich, whose strikers will have to be subdued if Leeds’ relatively decent recent run is to continue.

Hibby Bairn
04-03-2015, 09:54 PM
Good win tonight for Leeds.

heretoday
04-03-2015, 11:00 PM
He wasn't great for us. But like others his star has risen after leaving ER.

Sean1875
05-03-2015, 09:21 AM

tend to disagree with that, was a class act with us before he disappeared to the African cup of nations and let his ego get the better of him, shame really

GreenArmyyy!
05-03-2015, 09:55 AM
tend to disagree with that, was a class act with us before he disappeared to the African cup of nations and let his ego get the better of him, shame really

Completely agree, sure he scored an own goal about 7 minutes in to his comeback.

jdships
05-03-2015, 10:56 AM

Absolutely correct on all points :thumbsup:
Even when he was with "The Pars" his class was there for all to see :rolleyes:

silverhibee
05-03-2015, 12:33 PM

Going to disagree with you on that bit, thought the big chap done well for us, did he not arrive back late from ANC and then a few fall outs with Yogi and i think the big guy decided he wanted to move on from Hibs, has went on from Hibs and had some pretty decent moves since leaving us.

Good luck to him at Leeds.