PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings 'Hat-Trick'

HibernianJK
13-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Didn't see a thread about this anywhere else so thought I'd mention it. Heard on the radio this morning that Cummings has been stripped of his hat trick because Will Collum mark one of the goals down as an OG, don't know which one it was, but it seems very harsh as I can't see an obvious OG anywhere:confused:

green day
13-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Didn't see a thread about this anywhere else so thought I'd mention it. Heard on the radio this morning that Cummings has been stripped of his hat trick because Will Collum mark one of the goals down as an OG, don't know which one it was, but it seems very harsh as I can't see an obvious OG anywhere:confused:

Sounds dubious.

Reported everywhere that these were his goals, he has mentioned nothing on twitter, SPFL website shows 3 goals for him.

So in summary, its keech

cabbageandribs1875
13-01-2015, 06:23 PM
it was the 2nd goal the radio(forth2) first said it was Fontaine, then changed their mind and gave it to the wee man, only saw a quick look at the highlights myself

Radium
13-01-2015, 06:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8eWqfWfIUg

Hibs TV from behind the goal, seems clear cut that he deflects it away from defender and goalie

Jonnyboy
13-01-2015, 07:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8eWqfWfIUg

Hibs TV from behind the goal, seems clear cut that he deflects it away from defender and goalie

Clear as day :agree: Collum should visit his sponsor pronto :greengrin

Twiglet
13-01-2015, 07:46 PM

Defo Cummings goal. Who they trying to say touched it? Sure I read somewhere Hibs might appeal it to get his (desrved) hat-trck recognised.

Seen on twitter Collum dropped for the next 2 weeks.

Jay
13-01-2015, 07:52 PM
On the new STV Edinburgh channel last night there was a football prog and our captain was on it as a guest and he said Jason didn't even touch the ball! He said no way was it his goal. Somebody needs to show him the goal on hibs TV

cabbageandribs1875
13-01-2015, 07:58 PM
after a swatch at the evidence, deffo the wee mans goal, i hope he gets the match ball now

brog
13-01-2015, 08:01 PM

Certainly looks like JC's goal here but I was surprised at his lack of reaction/celebration following the goal. It's certainly a strange one as was Craig/Hanlon's og.

leither17
13-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Clear as day

Stuarty27
13-01-2015, 08:08 PM
100% it's his, no question about it

Billy Whizz
13-01-2015, 08:10 PM
100% it's his, no question about it

He'll just need to score another hat-trick on Saturday

jane_says
13-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Sit in S43 and have to say I thought it was an OG at the time. However the replay behind the goal makes it look like his. Maybe Collum's position.

hibees59
13-01-2015, 09:03 PM
BBC now showing the 2nd as an OG http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30663878

HibernianJK
13-01-2015, 09:13 PM
I thought it was Cummings as well Fontaine knocked it down and Cummings flicked it in

Sir David Gray
13-01-2015, 09:13 PM
BBC now showing the 2nd as an OG http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30663878

And yet the first paragraph of their match report still refers to a Jason Cummings hat-trick!

You couldn't make it up! :faf:

seanshow
13-01-2015, 10:20 PM
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?297061-Jason-Cummings&p=4272332 :greengrin

Green&White
14-01-2015, 08:28 AM
i think its nothing short disgraceful that they seem to be going out their way to strip him of his hat-trick.
'here this is what we will do, lets embarrass a defender and try our damnedest to take away a young up and coming scottish talents first hat-trick and possibly shoot down any confidence he is building, that will help the scottish players progress!'

jesus just bloody give him it and leave it at that. twits!

erin go bragh
14-01-2015, 08:39 AM
On the new STV Edinburgh channel last night there was a football prog and our captain was on it as a guest and he said Jason didn't even touch the ball! He said no way was it his goal. Somebody needs to show him the goal on hibs TV

Sure i heard Hibs were in the proccess of showing the above footage to get the goal awarded back to Jason . If true its a strange statement from our captain .

Ggtth

JimBHibees
14-01-2015, 09:04 AM
Certainly looks like JC's goal here but I was surprised at his lack of reaction/celebration following the goal. It's certainly a strange one as was Craig/Hanlon's og.

That was my thought which made me think he didnt hit it. I have watched the Hibs tv however a defender could have caught the ball before Jason. Certainly not like him not to celebrate and actually thought at the time he pointed to Fontaine to say it was his goal.

cabbageandribs1875
14-01-2015, 01:41 PM
we really do look like the keystone cops in defence :(

scoopyboy
14-01-2015, 02:03 PM
we really do look like the keystone cops in defence :(

It was them that was defending.

scoopyboy
15-01-2015, 10:57 PM
Did Hibs appeal to get the goal awarded to Jason?

Ronniekirk
15-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Did Hibs appeal to get the goal awarded to Jason?

He should just go out on Saturday and score a Hat Trick that leaves no doubt it's his .

Aldo
16-01-2015, 12:44 AM
He should just go out on Saturday and score a Hat Trick that leaves no doubt it's his .

I would be more than happy with this!!

scoopyboy
16-01-2015, 06:57 AM

Agreed Ronnie but that's not what I was asking was it?:greengrin

Ronniekirk
16-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Agreed Ronnie but that's not what I was asking was it?:greengrin

And if I knew the answer to your question Scoops I would have told you ,but haven't seen any publicity or statement from club saying they have

scoopyboy
16-01-2015, 07:48 AM
And if I knew the answer to your question Scoops I would have told you ,but haven't seen any publicity or statement from club saying they have

Kind of surprised me the club haven't said anything.

Thing is a lot of people do stats and I don't know if they will count it as a hat trick or not, Purple and Green for example.

Other point is punters may have backed Jason to be top scorer in the division, I haven't but I would be furious if the "goal" cost me my bet.

Ronniekirk
16-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Kind of surprised me the club haven't said anything.

Thing is a lot of people do stats and I don't know if they will count it as a hat trick or not, Purple and Green for example.

Other point is punters may have backed Jason to be top scorer in the division, I haven't but I would be furious if the "goal" cost me my bet.
Not great at betting usually loose .But know what you mean .Maybe they have looked at video footage and feel evidence isn't strong enough to make case ,but not sure how this process works .

since90plustwo
16-01-2015, 09:14 AM
The falkirk player in front of him touched it. If it was cummings goal he wouldve celebrated and claimed it instead of running towards fontaine IMO

Monts
16-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Based on both the reaction of cummings and the defender that sticks out a leg at the same time it looks like the defender flicked it on, you just cant see it from this angle as JC is in the way.

Cummings also points to Fontaine, as well as the hibs players running to him.

No hattrick IMO

Craig_HFC
16-01-2015, 02:49 PM
He also tweeted that he'd 'been given the hattie' after the match on Saturday; so I'm not 100% sure that he's even sure of it.

If there wasn't any doubt; I think he'd use different language than that.

snedzuk
16-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Fwiw in hospitality after the game he said 'I thought id scored a hat trick' when congratulated on his motm and 'brace'.

green day
17-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Not been around much this week, but just heard Steve Cowan state on Forth 2 that 'Cummings did not score a hat trick, it was looked at by a comittee of the SPFL midweek and one was deemed to be an OG'

This is odd for a number of reasons -

I have never heard this

I follow Cummings on twitter and he has said he got 3 (and tweeted that to James McDonagh)

SPFL stats / game overview state that Cummings got all three

Am I missing something?

Aldo
17-01-2015, 02:48 PM
I thought that as long as it was a shot on target regardless of it taking a deflection then the Striker would get credited with it??

emerald green
17-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Is it not based on the referee's report? I think I saw somewhere that Gollum reported it as an OG. No surprise there.