PDA

View Full Version : FIFA ballon d'Or

Billy Whizz
12-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Live now on Eurosport if anyone wants to watch

jacomo
12-01-2015, 04:44 PM
I'd like to see Neuer win it, if only because defensive players always get ignored for these prizes.

But really, what does it matter? I despise FIFA and this kind of event just makes me love football a little less.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Surely Alan Preston must be in the running for any balloon awards ;)

Aldo
12-01-2015, 04:49 PM

I thought he was vying with these for biggest/best roaster!!

jacomo
12-01-2015, 04:50 PM

Sepp Blatter promised he wouldn't run again, but he changed his mind.

But Preston definitely in the running for bellend of the year.

HibbyAndy
12-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Scott Allan has to be in with a shout.

Pete
12-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Messi, Michael Nelson or Zefuik.

Tough choice.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Messi, Michael Nelson or Zefuik.

Tough choice.

What Zeefuik?

erin go bragh
12-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Ronaldo is a shoe in no ?

Ggtth

ekhibee
12-01-2015, 05:55 PM
I'd like to see Neuer win it, if only because defensive players always get ignored for these prizes.

But really, what does it matter? I despise FIFA and this kind of event just makes me love football a little less.
Yep, Neuer for me too, but as usual it'll be a striker that wins it. Never mind the fact that Ronaldo was **** in the World Cup.

Aldo
12-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Ronnie it is

Haymaker
12-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Ronnie it is

:agree: Been incredible these last few years. Absolute goal machine!

SteveHFC
12-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Muller should have won it this year.

Aldo
12-01-2015, 06:11 PM
:agree: Been incredible these last few years. Absolute goal machine!

He is. Threw the rattle out the pram at the weekend when Bale stepped up and scored that incredible free kick!!

Matt92
12-01-2015, 06:22 PM
Ronaldo has undoubtedly been better than Messi in recent years. Messi is still living off his 2012 form but hasn't been near that (unbelievable) standard since.

Messi is the best player in the world in terms of natural ability...however Ronaldo through sheer dedication to bettering himself has beaten him.

carnoustiehibee
12-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Phillip Lahm for me.

Roy Hodgson voted for Javier Mascherano.A player he tried to replace with Cristian Poulsen

Haymaker
12-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Phillip Lahm for me.

Roy Hodgson voted for Javier Mascherano.A player he tried to replace with Cristian Poulsen

Almost as good as Alan Pardew preferring Hayden Mullins over JM at West Ham! :faf:

CB_NO3
12-01-2015, 07:34 PM
No Atletico Madrid players in the final eleven? Pretty poor IMO considering they were Spanish champions and Champions League finalists.

Just_Jimmy
12-01-2015, 08:15 PM
No Atletico Madrid players in the final eleven? Pretty poor IMO considering they were Spanish champions and Champions League finalists.

Agree, Godin should certainly be in ahead of Luiz IMO

brianmc
12-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Ronaldo deserved the award for his goal scoring performances over the last year. But for me he's still way more interested in ronaldo (pretty sure he refers to himself in the third person) than he is in the team. Witness his sheer petulance last weekend when Bale had the audacity to score a great free kick, then had a shot late in the game instead of passing to CR ..... Total toys out the pram tantrum.
Messi though is a class act. A supremely talented, humble team player.

cabbageandribs1875
12-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Ronaldo deserved the award for his goal scoring performances over the last year. But for me he's still way more interested in ronaldo (pretty sure he refers to himself in the third person) than he is in the team. Witness his sheer petulance last weekend when Bale had the audacity to score a great free kick, then had a shot late in the game instead of passing to CR ..... Total toys out the pram tantrum.
Messi though is a class act. A supremely talented, humble team player.

just saw the headlines on the news that he had won and my first thought was wondering how many times he looked at himself if any big tv screens were on :hilarious they should make a new song title for that song 'can't take my eyes off of you' to 'can't take my eyes off of..me'

JohnM1875
12-01-2015, 08:32 PM
I honestly don't get this "Ronaldo isn't a team player" myth. He has the same amount of assists as Messi last season. I watch every La liga game on sky sports and these days Messi is just as petulant as Ronaldo was a few years ago. Ronaldo has actually calmed down these past few years and is without a doubt a team player. Fully deserves the award the past two years.

ekhibee
12-01-2015, 08:41 PM
I honestly don't get this "Ronaldo isn't a team player" myth. He has the same amount of assists as Messi last season. I watch every La liga game on sky sports and these days Messi is just as petulant as Ronaldo was a few years ago. Ronaldo has actually calmed down these past few years and is without a doubt a team player. Fully deserves the award the past two years.
Well that certainly wasn't the impression I got during the World Cup, but you obviously watch Real Madrid more than me. He's an exceptional player, no doubt at all, I just don't see why FIFA couldn't have broken the trend and given it to a goalie for a change. Just my opinion though.

easty
12-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Well that certainly wasn't the impression I got during the World Cup, but you obviously watch Real Madrid more than me. He's an exceptional player, no doubt at all, I just don't see why FIFA couldn't have broken the trend and given it to a goalie for a change. Just my opinion though.

It should go to who has been the best player, not to a 'goalie for a change'.

It could only be Ronaldo or Messi, I think they picked the right one this year.

ekhibee
12-01-2015, 08:51 PM
It should go to who has been the best player, not to a 'goalie for a change'.

It could only be Ronaldo or Messi, I think they picked the right one this year.
So you think Neuer shouldn't have been in the short list then?

weonlywon6-2
12-01-2015, 08:51 PM
😃😃😃😃

easty
12-01-2015, 08:53 PM
So you think Neuer shouldn't have been in the short list then?

The shortlist should have been Ronaldo and Messi. Anybody else was always going to be an also-ran.

Bronson
12-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Muller should have won it this year.

That's surely not a serious claim:faf:

Richly deserved by Ronaldo, another incredible year. I feel privileged to have watched him and Messi develop into the two greatest players ever to kick a ball.

ScottB
12-01-2015, 09:12 PM

Given that their success was built on how good a team they were as opposed to having stand out superstars, that's not too surprising really for me

Hibrandenburg
12-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Neuer should have won it. There was a whole new position invented for him. He played sweeper/goalkeeper in the early stages of the world cup, I kept waiting for it to go horribly wrong but he owned it. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

Sir David Gray
12-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Correct decision.

Ronaldo's form over the last 12 months has been mind blowing.

56 goals in 54 matches during the course of 2014 for Real Madrid and Portugal.

Stunning.

ekhibee
12-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Ronaldo scored a lot of goals. I would be interested in knowing how the award is determined TBH. I would have voted for Neuer, because over the entire season he was outstanding IMO, including the World Cup. Neither Messi or Ronaldo performed well in the World Cup, particularly the latter. Maybe the award is just determined by club performances up to, but not including the World Cup, I don't know. Maybe it varies depending on whether it's a World Cup or European Championship year. Some people think the Champions League is more important than the World Cup, IMO it isn't, but that's just my opinion.

greenlex
13-01-2015, 02:20 AM
Neuer should have won it. There was a whole new position invented for him. He played sweeper/goalkeeper in the early stages of the world cup, I kept waiting for it to go horribly wrong but he owned it. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

No danger. Mark Qxley has scored more than him.

Nameless
13-01-2015, 06:17 AM
I can't believe Luiz got into the fifpro 11 - proof that ALL awards are absolute nonsense.

The_Exile
13-01-2015, 08:08 AM
Ronaldo scored a lot of goals. I would be interested in knowing how the award is determined TBH. I would have voted for Neuer, because over the entire season he was outstanding IMO, including the World Cup. Neither Messi or Ronaldo performed well in the World Cup, particularly the latter. Maybe the award is just determined by club performances up to, but not including the World Cup, I don't know. Maybe it varies depending on whether it's a World Cup or European Championship year. Some people think the Champions League is more important than the World Cup, IMO it isn't, but that's just my opinion.

All the best players in the world play in the champion league, the same cannot be said about the world cup. IMO, the champions league is a far more prestigious competition to win.

ekhibee
13-01-2015, 09:26 AM
All the best players in the world play in the champion league, the same cannot be said about the world cup. IMO, the champions league is a far more prestigious competition to win.
True, but Neuer is one of the best players in the world and he played well in both. The same can't be said of Ronaldo.

Keith_M
13-01-2015, 10:09 AM
I have to admit, it was a bit of a surprise that 'Raul' won it again. I suppose I don't watch much Spanish Football so maybe it was merited.

"Hello Laydeeeeez (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REyMFqd7SZY)"

Swedish hibee
13-01-2015, 08:00 PM
David Luiz in the worlds best team :faf:

Haymaker
14-01-2015, 10:24 AM
David Luiz in the worlds best team :faf:

I reckon it is for comedy value after his performance v Germany in the world cup.