PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: UNDER 20'S - HIBS 3 DUNFERMLINE 2 FT

RSS Bot
12-01-2015, 10:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5101)

Ronniekirk
12-01-2015, 05:39 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5101)

Any of the guys who normally go to these games and post updates going tonight ?

anyone know if any Trialists lined up to play

Billy Whizz
12-01-2015, 05:45 PM

Not me tonight Ronnie, had knee surgery last week

Mikey
12-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Assuming Billy's Tweeting updates they'll appear on the Twitter feed thingumybob on the PM board.

Ronniekirk
12-01-2015, 05:56 PM

Sorry to hear that billy hope it's all gone to plan and your on road to a speedy recovery

Aldo
12-01-2015, 05:58 PM

Speedy recovery Billy.

Billy Whizz
12-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Sorry to hear that billy hope it's all gone to plan and your on road to a speedy recovery

It's a double whammy, was due to go to Malaga today with some of my friends for 5 days. Had to call off as I wasn't fit to travel😞

oconnors_strip

Will try my best but fingers are freezing

Billy Whizz
Speedy recovery Billy.

Thanks

bingo70

No trialists playing tonight.

Ronniekirk
12-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Speedy recovery Billy.

You can lend him some of your Tramadol Aldo :wink:

Aldo
12-01-2015, 06:02 PM
You can lend him some of your Tramadol Aldo :wink:

Indeed I could Ronnie!! No much left tbh!! ;-)

Billy Whizz
12-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Indeed I could Ronnie!! No much left tbh!! ;-)

What are you on that for?

Aldo
12-01-2015, 06:04 PM
What are you on that for?

Had shoulder surgery (2ops) last Thursday at the Queen Margaret in Dunfy.

Ronniekirk
12-01-2015, 06:05 PM
It's a double whammy, was due to go to Malaga today with some of my friends for 5 days. Had to call off as I wasn't fit to travel
Geeze Double Whammy indeed .i remember missing a Euopean game in Belgiam after routine op in sensitive place took a dramatic turn for the worse Took me ages to get money back .

son of haggart
12-01-2015, 06:06 PM
I've got a stack of pills free from a full knee replacement in october -unfortunately they wouldn't restock the liquid morphine

Billy Whizz
12-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Had shoulder surgery (2ops) last Thursday at the Queen Margaret in Dunfy.

Must be hard sleeping

Billy Whizz
12-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Geeze Double Whammy indeed .i remember missing a Euopean game in Belgiam after routine op in sensitive place took a dramatic turn for the worse Took me ages to get money back .

And the lads in Malaga are walking about in shorts and t shirts

Aldo
12-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Must be hard sleeping

Not so much getting to sleep but staying asleep. Up at all hours of the morning. Thankfully NBA is on at mo!

Billy Whizz
12-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Perntreou, Dunsmore, Crane, Martyniuk, McGregor, Sinclair, Martin, Duthie, L. Allan, Hendry, Stanton

Subs
Brennan, Stirling, Mulhall, McCaffrey and Todd

oconnors_strip
12-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Sinclair injured in warmup mulhall starting

oconnors_strip
12-01-2015, 06:21 PM
1-0 Stanton

Billy Whizz
12-01-2015, 06:27 PM
1-0 Stanton

Well done Sam

J-C
12-01-2015, 06:29 PM
TBH fed up seeing Sam doing this regularly in the under 20's, he should be a regular starter in the 1st team by now.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Are the young hibs looking good for their lead?

PatHead
12-01-2015, 06:37 PM

You looked okay at Tynie, sorry to hear that.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2015, 06:39 PM
2-0

oconnors_strip
12-01-2015, 06:39 PM
2-0 hendry

TheFamous1875
12-01-2015, 06:41 PM
TBH fed up seeing Sam doing this regularly in the under 20's, he should be a regular starter in the 1st team by now.

Ideally, but look at Aaron Ramsey. Folk wanted him punted, but given the chance, he's proven that he's one of their best players. Sam Stanton will come good in a good team when he's ready. So far he's not been, and iirc, he's not even been played in his right position this season, which for me is as a box-to-box midfielder.

oconnors_strip
12-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Half time 2-0

Hermit Crab
12-01-2015, 07:32 PM
3-0

oconnors_strip
12-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Nikki 21:33 12-01-15
3-0 martyniuk

Stirling on dunsmore off

oconnors_strip
12-01-2015, 07:53 PM
3-2 8 min to go

Wheat Hound
12-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Hibs clearly dont get straightforward wins at any level ;)

oconnors_strip
12-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Full time

brog
12-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Full time

Phew! Thanks for updates!

ALF TUPPER
12-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Well done guys. U20s ! GGTTH

Thanks for the updates 👍

SMAXXA
12-01-2015, 09:46 PM

In place of who exactly? There's a big difference in an u20 game to the first team and iirc he was poor when he played for the first team since the tail end of last season so he is where he needs to be and deserves or be at the moment. Don't want another Harris so I am happy with the situation as it is.

J-C
13-01-2015, 07:54 AM
In place of who exactly? There's a big difference in an u20 game to the first team and iirc he was poor when he played for the first team since the tail end of last season so he is where he needs to be and deserves or be at the moment. Don't want another Harris so I am happy with the situation as it is.

No, my point was that Sammy should be pushing for a regular starting spot and not just sitting on his erse on the bench, he still seems to do it regularly for the U20's but has shown very little when given the chance in the senior team, it's all disappointing.

Brightside
13-01-2015, 08:24 AM
No, my point was that Sammy should be pushing for a regular starting spot and not just sitting on his erse on the bench, he still seems to do it regularly for the U20's but has shown very little when given the chance in the senior team, it's all disappointing.

He needs time to develop. He will be a top class footballer in time. Thats the whole point of the Development League. (Its not an U20s league)

truehibernian
13-01-2015, 08:31 AM
He needs time to develop. He will be a top class footballer in time. Thats the whole point of the Development League. (Its not an U20s league)

True - but for me SS has to develop more of an arrogant streak and this may be related to confidence, another player who like Harris may beat himself up too much when things are not going as well as he would like.

Both are superb technicians of the game, they both need coached positively and be allowed to express themselves. To be honest I am not sure where on the pitch SS is better and that again could be a poser/problem. For me I see him as a No10......I don't see him out wide as he is not that effective, and I think Scott Allan has stolen a march on him as the creative drive/influence in the midfield area.

Great wee player though (Stanton).

number9dream
13-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Don't know what position he played last night but Stanton strikes me as tailor made for the current role in behind the front two.
But I guess we need to trust the judgement of Stubbs & co, who work with these guys every day.
Hope he doesn't get too frustrated and downhearted as a regular sub and shows the right attitude. Needs to work harder than ever and take any chance he gets.
He can be a real asset, I'm sure.

Billy Whizz
13-01-2015, 12:53 PM
Full time

Nikki, noticed Aaron Dunnsmore came off early last night. Did he pick up an injury or was he being saved for Saturday against Cowdenbeath?

andrew70
13-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Nikki, noticed Aaron Dunnsmore came off early last night. Did he pick up an injury or was he being saved for Saturday against Cowdenbeath?

Hope you don't mind me answering for N here but I mentioned to my mate that it was surprising to see Aaron taking off and that he may well have been taken off with a view to him playing on Saturday. Ben Stirling a young midfield player replaced him at RB. He came off and walked freely (appearing injury free) towards the changing room, showered and came back to the bench for last ten mins of game.

I also hope that Jordan Sinclair has a quick recovery.

Billy Whizz
13-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Hope you don't mind me answering for N here but I mentioned to my mate that it was surprising to see Aaron taking off and that he may well have been taken off with a view to him playing on Saturday. Ben Stirling a young midfield player replaced him at RB. He came off and walked freely (appearing injury free) towards the changing room, showered and came back to the bench for last ten mins of game.

Andrew, not at all, thanks for your info. I wasn't there last night, but when I heard that he went off early, I thought maybe in with a shout on Saturday. Seen him play numerous times for the 20's, and would have no fears of he was picked against Cowdenbeath

J-C
13-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Don't know what position he played last night but Stanton strikes me as tailor made for the current role in behind the front two.
But I guess we need to trust the judgement of Stubbs & co, who work with these guys every day.
Hope he doesn't get too frustrated and downhearted as a regular sub and shows the right attitude. Needs to work harder than ever and take any chance he gets.
He can be a real asset, I'm sure.

I too see him in the whole behind the strikers, I'd drop Craig and have Allan/McGeough as the 2 ahead of Robertson but Stubbs seems to think Handling a better option. Thing is Sammy will be 21 in April, he should be pushing for a regular spot by now.

oconnors_strip
13-01-2015, 01:28 PM

Thanks for answering, saves me :greengrin:

Jordan was being assessed today, his brother said it was his ankle, could be ligament damage :(

oconnors_strip
13-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Good news about Sinclair, he says he should be fit for the derby next Tuesday at Ainslie park

andrew70
13-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Andrew, not at all, thanks for your info. I wasn't there last night, but when I heard that he went off early, I thought maybe in with a shout on Saturday. Seen him play numerous times for the 20's, and would have no fears of he was picked against Cowdenbeath

Nor would I, I always feel with defenders, as long as you don't talk about them then they've been doing well. What I mean by that and in this specific note about Dunsmore is I've never went away from a match raving about him (might be doing him a slight discredit here) but I've never went away bemoaning his performance either. A steady Eddie so to speak and would no doubt be the same in the first team.