PDA

View Full Version : Game of two Halves

rcarter1
11-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Im sure this is no surprise to anyone, but just felt the need to compare our first half and second half performances.

Of the 20 league matches

……………..Full time………...1st Half………………..2nd Half
Win……………9………………………12………………………….4
Draw…………6………………………6………………………….8
Lose………….5………………………2………………………….8

1st half form we might even still be challenging Hearts??

2nd half… :sick:

Islington Hibs
11-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Im sure this is no surprise to anyone, but just felt the need to compare our first half and second half performances.

Of the 20 league matches

……………..Full time………...1st Half………………..2nd Half
Win……………9………………………12………………………….4
Draw…………6………………………6………………………….8
Lose………….5………………………2………………………….8

1st half form we might even still be challenging Hearts??

2nd half… :sick:

It is almost the opposite of Hearts who have scored umpteen goals in the last 10 minutes. Not sure why we do so poorly in H2? Concentration?

rcarter1
11-01-2015, 07:03 PM
It is almost the opposite of Hearts who have scored umpteen goals in the last 10 minutes. Not sure why we do so poorly in H2? Concentration?

Not sure. Don't think we ever really believed or set up to win the league. Took a while for the players to settle too. Basically no idea, but it reeks.

J-C
11-01-2015, 08:05 PM
I'd love to know what Ftubbs says at halftime, because whatever it is it's not working at all, we've been very poor in the 2nd half all season.

California-Hibs
11-01-2015, 09:53 PM
I'd love to know what Ftubbs says at halftime, because whatever it is it's not working at all, we've been very poor in the 2nd half all season.

.....we we're pretty dam impressive in the 2nd half a few weeks ago against Rangers!

kaimendhibs
11-01-2015, 11:31 PM
What I saw yesterday. Lewis had all the space in the world first half, 2nd he was doubled up on and never got a look in. Opposition bosses change things at half time, we don't and why would we when its going well? Then, last 15 mins we started really going again, Stubbs must have reacted to their changes. Hibs are going right wY in my opinion

kaimendhibs
11-01-2015, 11:32 PM

See my earlier post, don't think its Stubbs who says owt, it's the oppo

J-C
11-01-2015, 11:35 PM
.....we we're pretty dam impressive in the 2nd half a few weeks ago against Rangers!

Well ok if you want to be pedantic not every game but having been to all the home games and from what I gather from here at away ones, our 2nd half performances are pretty poor, I'd still like to kow why we come out in the 2nd half and play at a lesser level.

matty_f
12-01-2015, 12:25 AM
To be fair to Stubbs we should have scored twice before Falkirk scored their second so the second half should have been very comfortable.

PeterboroHibee
12-01-2015, 10:16 AM

That was one game, where we were playing particularly well. The stats dont lie and I think its been evident all season, we tend to struggle more in the second half (particularly right after HT).

jacomo
12-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Been said before, but I think we lack the kind of players to see games out. A midfielder like Claros or latter career Boozy to cool things down in the middle of the park. Our centre backs have done ok this season but a more experienced leader in there would help us keep control in games where we are defending a winning position.

J-C
12-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Been said before, but I think we lack the kind of players to see games out. A midfielder like Claros or latter career Boozy to cool things down in the middle of the park. Our centre backs have done ok this season but a more experienced leader in there would help us keep control in games where we are defending a winning position.

Robertson and Craig are not defensive midfielders, one is a box2box and the other an attacking mid and both don't seem to ba able to just put their foot on the ball and control the game. I still believe KT or even Claros would be perfect in the squad right now, a composed head to just control the midfield when needed.