PDA

View Full Version : Rome Derby

Billy Whizz
11-01-2015, 02:34 PM
On now on BT Sport, Lazio have just gone 2-0 up. Noticed that they have a 5th and 6th official behind both goals. Thought this was just a UEFA competition thing. Is this normal practice in Serie A

legends of 73
11-01-2015, 04:22 PM
My mates are at the game. Their saying the Atmosphere is tremendous

Canongatehibs
11-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Roma every time for me. We all know what the Lazio stand for.

Since90+2
11-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Roma every time for me. We all know what the Lazio stand for.

Roma fans are not exactly Angels themselves.

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2015, 06:16 PM
just turned over to watch totti getting scoring his 2nd to make it 2-2, runs over the hoardings to the fans(not sure if he got booked for it), runs to one of the coaches and gets a mobile phone, then types a text along with a 'selfie' to someone, imagine someone doing that in scottish football :greengrin the compliance officer would be kept busy

Billy Whizz
11-01-2015, 06:26 PM
just turned over to watch totti getting scoring his 2nd to make it 2-2, runs over the hoardings to the fans(not sure if he got booked for it), runs to one of the coaches and gets a mobile phone, then types a text along with a 'selfie' to someone, imagine someone doing that in scottish football :greengrin the compliance officer would be kept busy

http://youtu.be/RYrFZlHYQSs

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2015, 06:50 PM
http://youtu.be/RYrFZlHYQSs

oor jason would have been offered a 5 match ban for that

heretoday
11-01-2015, 10:53 PM

Oh those Latins!

hibseleven
12-01-2015, 11:41 AM
was over for a Rome derby a few years ago. They HATE each other!! it was wild. Place was jumping. Far wilder than the Milan Derby.

jacomo
12-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Roma fans are not exactly Angels themselves.

True, but the lesser of two evils. Also, Roma have Totti, the ageless God of Football.

The_Exile
12-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Totti, the ageless God of Football.

Lot of folk will disagree, but IMO, Totti is one of the greatest football players who has ever lived and played the game.

KingFranck
12-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Lot of folk will disagree, but IMO, Totti is one of the greatest football players who has ever lived and played the game.

I won't disagree mate - legend
Forza Roma ! Was over last year to see Roam beat Udinese 3-1 and the great man scored to make my night amazing atmosphere

The_Exile
12-01-2015, 01:13 PM
I won't disagree mate - legend
Forza Roma ! Was over last year to see Roam beat Udinese 3-1 and the great man scored to make my night amazing atmosphere

I'm a Fiorentina fan having lived in Florence for a wee while around 10 years ago, last game I went to was against Roma (that particular season they really were struggling too), they beat us 2-1 and everything went through Totti, he didn't score but he made both their goals, his touch, movement, vision and range of passing (the stats showed he had something like a 94% accuracy that day) was just sublime, he went off to a standing ovation from the entire stadium. I've never seen a player link a midfield to the attack as well as he does and remain a constant goal threat himself, ever. People may say Steven Gerrard but IMO he doesn't come close to Totti.

renato
12-01-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm a Fiorentina fan having lived in Florence for a wee while around 10 years ago, last game I went to was against Roma (that particular season they really were struggling too), they beat us 2-1 and everything went through Totti, he didn't score but he made both their goals, his touch, movement, vision and range of passing (the stats showed he had something like a 94% accuracy that day) was just sublime, he went off to a standing ovation from the entire stadium. I've never seen a player link a midfield to the attack as well as he does and remain a constant goal threat himself, ever. People may say Steven Gerrard but IMO he doesn't come close to Totti.

It's the fact he's still pulling the strings brilliantly, into his late 30's, that amazes me. The only comparable I can think of in an attacking position at that age, with that much influence at the top level is probably Ryan Giggs.

No pace but all technique, ability and vision, a throwback to the old "number 10" days and strictly speaking has no right to be so damn good at his age, in the modern game. A joy to watch.

renato
12-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Plus he scored one of my favourite ever goals, screamer!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EkvIAMVpjeA

IrnBru22
12-01-2015, 03:56 PM

So cringey

The_Exile
12-01-2015, 04:05 PM
So cringey

Some of his celebrations are legendary, he comandeered a pitch side camera once and filmed the Roma fans going mental after one of his goals (might've been in a derby against Lazio?). Another one he "gave birth" to a football when his missus was pregnant. :greengrin My favourite one was when he scored his first goal of the season a while back, he grabbed the corner flag, pretended to be bouncing around in zero g, fired the flag into the pitch and lifted his shirt to reveal the message "Totti has landed".

jacomo
12-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Some of his celebrations are legendary, he comandeered a pitch side camera once and filmed the Roma fans going mental after one of his goals (might've been in a derby against Lazio?). Another one he "gave birth" to a football when his missus was pregnant. :greengrin My favourite one was when he scored his first goal of the season a while back, he grabbed the corner flag, pretended to be bouncing around in zero g, fired the flag into the pitch and lifted his shirt to reveal the message "Totti has landed".

Love it!

IWasThere2016
12-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Had the privilege of seeing Totti at the Etihad earlier this season - fabulous player!