PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings

gaz1875
11-01-2015, 10:06 AM
Thought he had his best game yesterday, controlled the ball well, linked up well with Boyle and JJ. Shame the announcer gave Fontaine the 2nd goal yesterday and he never received the acclaim he deserved for a fantastic hat-rick at the ground.

Well done Jason :top marks

JJP
11-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Top scorer in the league now as well is he not? Fantastic first full season!

macca70
11-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Would have been suspended for yesterday aswell had we not successfully appealed his ban.

Stil can believe we chucked that game away.

If only Boyle scores the open goal that would have put us 4-1 up.

Well done Jason. Going to be a fair bit of competition for the forward positions by end of January.

ronaldo7
11-01-2015, 11:09 AM

:aok:

LaMotta
11-01-2015, 11:11 AM
Dare i say it, a John Robertson esque performance, with a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

emerald green
11-01-2015, 11:21 AM
A classic striker's performance from JC. Well done on your hat trick.

1875_1875
11-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Didn't think the lad had a good game at all, hat trick yes but look at the goals, first keeper should do better it wasn't a good finish, second good fortune more then anything and third I think one of our defenders that are scared to header the ball could have finished that one!

The lad wasted pass after pass, shocking first touch and I was surprised he wasn't hooked!

Think hes he's done well for us this year but think he'll struggle for a game once strikers r back

lord bunberry
11-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Is it too early to say I told you so? 😛

marinello59
11-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Didn't think the lad had a good game at all, hat trick yes but look at the goals, first keeper should do better it wasn't a good finish, second good fortune more then anything and third I think one of our defenders that are scared to header the ball could have finished that one!

The lad wasted pass after pass, shocking first touch and I was surprised he wasn't hooked!

Think hes he's done well for us this year but think he'll struggle for a game once strikers r back

FFS. The laddy scored a hat trick, we don't see that many do we? Ridiculous post.

lord bunberry
11-01-2015, 12:56 PM

I right then

SaulGoodman
11-01-2015, 12:57 PM

Least he's no fat

scoopyboy
11-01-2015, 12:58 PM

If he scores a hat trick every week I couldn't care if he spent the rest of the game picking his nose.

Agree he got a bit lucky with his first, the second I would say was opportunist and for the third he eluded more than one defender to head the ball in.

You are being a bit harsh IMO.

SMAXXA
11-01-2015, 01:02 PM
To be fair I can see what he's saying band I agree with some of it. My main criticism of him is he doesn't get his head up quick enough and gets fought on the ball or makes the wrong decisions, look at the derby when he's had a shot from 25 yards rather than slip malonga as one example. He's just young though and I'm sure he will get better and improve, and he deserves a lot if credit for his nak of getting goals. Keep improving so and well done so far.

gaz1875
11-01-2015, 01:13 PM
To be fair I can see what he's saying band I agree with some of it. My main criticism of him is he doesn't get his head up quick enough and gets fought on the ball or makes the wrong decisions, look at the derby when he's had a shot from 25 yards rather than slip malonga as one example. He's just young though and I'm sure he will get better and improve, and he deserves a lot if credit for his nak of getting goals. Keep improving so and well done so far.

Thought that at the time but looking back at the highlights I think Malonga was in an offside position, I could be wrong though.

Hibi
11-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Also clapped his hands when the east stand was singing "If you hate the f***ing jambos clap your hands". A decent all round performance and he grows on me more every week.

smurf
11-01-2015, 02:02 PM

Surely this is a wind up?

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2015, 02:03 PM

:hilarious

The league's top scorer isn't he?

portycabbage
11-01-2015, 02:22 PM

Can't agree with any of that, his use of the ball was good as was his touch, good all round performance which I thought showed he's maturing. Not sure what you were seeing!

portycabbage
11-01-2015, 02:24 PM

He slipped Boyle in yesterday for the open goal chance IIRC, when he would have had a shot himself previously.

Jones28
11-01-2015, 02:24 PM

Only on Hibs.net would a striker who scored a hat trick get a slating

BSEJVT
11-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Can't agree with any of that, his use of the ball was good as was his touch, good all round performance which I thought showed he's maturing. Not sure what you were seeing!

I suspect he was seeing the gunts.

Pitiful attempt at a wind up

Jones28
11-01-2015, 02:27 PM

He can be forgiven for his "poor" use of the ball as a young striker imo. Especially one who's scored 3 goals.

Capt Mainwaring
11-01-2015, 02:30 PM

The definitive Glass Half Empty Hibs fan. Well done

Back on topic - well done Jason, fine performance and a well deserved MoTM

Hibbyradge
11-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Wonderful post. Thanks you. :thumbsup:

You've taken such a lot of pressure of those of us who are hoping to avoid the Private Members Biggset Slaver award for 2015.

Pedantic_Hibee
11-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Wonderful post. Thanks you. :thumbsup:

You've taken such a lot of pressure of those of us who are hoping to avoid the Private Members Biggset Slaver award for 2015.

I need to up my game.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Will be a lot of teams keeping tabs on him. Swansea were keen last year when he hadn't even scored a first team goal. Hope we can keep hold of him

brog
11-01-2015, 04:21 PM
I suspect he was seeing the gunts.

Pitiful attempt at a wind up

I agree, I posted earlier he was a Yam but for some reason my posts have disappeared.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2015, 04:26 PM
I agree, I posted earlier he was a Yam but for some reason my posts have disappeared.

Have you put yourself on ignore? :wink:

brog
11-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Have you put yourself on ignore? :wink:

:greengrin Probably by popular request!

sleeping giant
11-01-2015, 04:35 PM
:greengrin
What a crazy place the internet is.

We have a 19 year old who has just bagged a hat trick and I'm sure he is the leagues top scorer too.

But he had a scheite game :faf:

:faf: deary me

Viva_Palmeiras
11-01-2015, 05:38 PM

Well I suppose there's bound to be a dose of sour grapes amongst the yam fraternity.
If your for real have a word.

alexhibs
11-01-2015, 06:49 PM

What? Incredible, tell you what Jason just make some decent passes and we'll be fine, forget banging in the goals, let somebody else do it like eh mmmm?

ancient hibee
11-01-2015, 06:51 PM

Somebody is worried we've got our own Robertson methinks.

JimBHibees
11-01-2015, 09:01 PM

Jeezo your team is top of the league and you come out with guff like that. Away and stiff some charities and countless small businesses.

Jonnyboy
11-01-2015, 09:03 PM

Ill informed and ignorant of how the game should be played. That's you, not Jason

Stuarty27
11-01-2015, 09:11 PM
He did play well yesterday, he is starting to take the right options.

I thot him and Boyle linked up great at times some nice one two's in around the box. Looked like a good partnership together, looking forward to see how it develops over the next few games with Malonga away.

weonlywon6-2
11-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Brilliant for hibs that he is scoring goals,long may it continue

poolman
11-01-2015, 09:31 PM

Go away and read yer Beano

mca
11-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Do Administrators Delete Threads... if so - This one should be Binned..

Thecat23
11-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Another telling sign is he's not even came back on. Boys a ****ing yam coming out with that *****.

Sir David Gray
11-01-2015, 10:34 PM

Incredible.

Gmack7
11-01-2015, 10:38 PM
Dare i say it, a John Robertson esque performance, with a knack for being in the right place at the right time.
it's a comparison i've made myself,just hope he has a similar or better goals record in derbies

Stevie Reid
11-01-2015, 11:17 PM
19 years old and 14 goals in 29 starts - six in his last four games. Scores poachers goals and has the striking ability to notch a goal out of nothing.

Exciting prospect.

JimBHibees
12-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Definitely an exciting prospect and will continue to score loads of goals IMO.

Nutmegged
12-01-2015, 03:55 PM

Ridiculous mate, utterly ridiculous, here's the thing, it doesn't matter how bad your all round game is in a certain game, if you score a hat-trick then all, and I mean all is forgiven, his link up play will improve, there is no doubt about that but his knack of being in the right place at the right time is natural, its something you can very rarely teach, thats why players like that are so few and far between, you could criticise many things on Saturday but to Jason after scoring 3 goals comea across as extremely petty

brog
12-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Another telling sign is he's not even came back on. Boys a ****ing yam coming out with that *****.

The obvious sign is his user name with the dash between the last & first numbers of 1875! Pathetic!

Thecat23
12-01-2015, 04:36 PM
The obvious sign is his user name with the dash between the last & first numbers of 1875! Pathetic!

Well spotted, what a roaster [emoji23][emoji23]

Is he banned by the way admins??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey
12-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Well spotted, what a roaster [emoji23][emoji23]

Is he banned by the way admins??

No he isn't and hasn't even been checked out.

I can't speak for the rest of the admin team but I only looked at this thread for the first time just now. Have you lot forgotten about the report post function? :wink:

Thecat23
12-01-2015, 05:15 PM
No he isn't and hasn't even been checked out.

I can't speak for the rest of the admin team but I only looked at this thread for the first time just now. Have you lot forgotten about the report post function? :wink:

Oh yeah [emoji16]

REPORT.....REPORT....REPORT!!!!

Aldo
12-01-2015, 05:17 PM
No he isn't and hasn't even been checked out. I can't speak for the rest of the admin team but I only looked at this thread for the first time just now. Have you lot forgotten about the report post function? :wink:

Someone from the admin team has been checking it out. A few of the earlier posts have been deleted in response to the OP!!

Mikey
12-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Someone from the admin team has been checking it out. A few of the earlier posts have been deleted in response to the OP!!

Well maybe he's ok then. I've seen worse posted :wink:

Aldo
12-01-2015, 05:23 PM

Think we've all posted worse!! :-)

Viva_Palmeiras
12-01-2015, 05:39 PM

Senga will be really hacked off when folks haven't even got her gender right ;)

Viva_Palmeiras
12-01-2015, 05:42 PM
19 years old and 14 goals in 29 starts - six in his last four games. Scores poachers goals and has the striking ability to notch a goal out of nothing.

Exciting prospect.

Some folks would find fault in our players even if their record was immaculate. I prefer to leave the yams to that side of things... Oh.... ;)

erin go bragh
12-01-2015, 05:48 PM
I was screaming on JC to pass it to Malonga but after watching the highlights , Malonga was offside . He had 3 chances on Sat and scored 3 goals . Ill take that every time .

Ggtth

brog
12-01-2015, 06:50 PM

Yep, 2 of my posts where I pointed out his user name disappeared. I thought it was infiltrators who would be removed, not those questioning them. For admins, I didn't know the report function, I'll use in future, apologies.

Ronniekirk
12-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Definitely an exciting prospect and will continue to score loads of goals IMO.
Yep he is still an exciting prospect not a seasoned professional Some people seem to forget that he is still learning and developing given what happened to him after Hearts released him .Think he can only get better and with that will come more consistency and ability to make right choices re when to play others in when in better position .But like all great Strikers he has that selfish streak of wanting to do it himself and maybe being too greedy at times but as I said that partly comes with the Territory and also from having self belief .Would like to see him do another Zinger .

Aldo
12-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Yep, 2 of my posts where I pointed out his user name disappeared. I thought it was infiltrators who would be removed, not those questioning them. For admins, I didn't know the report function, I'll use in future, apologies.

I thought so.

marleyhib
12-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Scores goals, scored a hat-trick on Saturday what's not to like - a raw talent.

I liked what Nevin was saying about him after the derby, how his movement and reading of the game is much better than at the start of the season.

More the come from him I hope.

Nelly070
12-01-2015, 10:55 PM
According to the daily record the referees match report has our 2nd goal as an og, therefore denying Cummings his 1st senior hatrick!!! Gollum is a tosser!!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/hibernians-jason-cummings-denied-first-4968143

portyhibernian
12-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Was saying to my mate after the game, I don't think he's the best striker we have in terms of technical ability with a ball at his feet - but he seems to have the thing all good strikers have of being in the right place at the right time to stick it away, case in point being the second goal against Falkirk, the header he should have scored against Hearts, I'm sure there's more examples. Top scorer in the league and in good form, long may it continue.

seanshow
13-01-2015, 03:25 PM
I hope Jason gets his hatrick reinstated, it'll be up to Hibs to pursue it now though.