PDA

View Full Version : Boyle

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-01-2015, 04:21 AM
Opinions on how he playd yesterday?

Definitely has pace :agree: was nearly a great debut - got a good assist, and should have scored, but missed a sitter.

Early signs look good though. :aok:

California-Hibs
11-01-2015, 04:49 AM
I was very impressed. Still can't believe THAT sitter he missed to make it 4-1 though. I started celebrating the moment he went round McDonald, couldn't believe he hit it wide.

Has great pace and movement though. As said, easily signs are very good!

3pm
11-01-2015, 08:01 AM
Looks like Sproule to me.

There will be some excellent stuff (run and cross for the goal) and some bad stuff (the miss).

Good addition to the squad but won't be a first XI player when everyone is available IMO.

lucky
11-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Great pace and a good touch. But very much an impact player. Did more in 1 game than Harris has done all season

Heedersnvolleys
11-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Great pace and a good touch. But very much an impact player. Did more in 1 game than Harris has done all season

I am sure Dundee fans are saying the same about Harris!

NorthNorfolkHFC
11-01-2015, 09:23 AM
I thought Boyle was superb today.

He's rapid and was a constant threat. His cross for Cummings third was spot on.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

PeterboroHibee
11-01-2015, 09:36 AM
He brings valuable pace to the team, which was key in the third goal and getting round the keeper for his miss. He also works hard for the team and is willing to get stuck in. He evidently needs to work on his finishing, but I like him.

B.H.F.C
11-01-2015, 09:39 AM
Looks like Sproule to me.

There will be some excellent stuff (run and cross for the goal) and some bad stuff (the miss).

Good addition to the squad but won't be a first XI player when everyone is available IMO.

That's how I saw it. He can definitely have an impact for us. But with everyone available I can see it being from the bench.

LaMotta
11-01-2015, 10:39 AM
An important player to have for his pace based on Yesterdays performance. Happy if thats coming off the bench second half to scare tired opposition defenders.

Some players can be useful as an impact sub others not so - Handling coming off the bench when chasing a goal just doesnt work.

Winston Ingram
11-01-2015, 11:32 AM
He looked decent and certainly gives us something different. His miss however was Rosenthalesque🙈

LaMotta
11-01-2015, 11:53 AM
He looked decent and certainly gives us something different. His miss however was Rosenthalesque

Bit Harsh there - Boyle was outside the box was he not ( or at least close to thee edge) when he hit it and from a slight angle!

More like Didier Agathe's v Hearts in the Year 2000 maybe??

Stuarty27
11-01-2015, 12:00 PM
He reminded me of Ivan.

Same sort of running style, maybe not as quick tho.

I thot he has a very impressive home debut, worked hard and his cross for Cummings was perfect!

Will be a good signing

Winston Ingram
11-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Bit Harsh there - Boyle was outside the box was he not ( or at least close to thee edge) when he hit it and from a slight angle!

More like Didier Agathe's v Hearts in the Year 2000 maybe??

He was fully balanced, under no pressure, on his good foot with the simple task of of rolling the ball into the net from a very slight angle. Agathe was off balance and tried to use his right foot when he should have used his left. More Rosenthal for me

Smartie
11-01-2015, 12:04 PM
I also thought he was superb, the main positive from yesterday. It was good to have some genuine pace and his movement caused their back 4 problems the whole time he was on the park.

His miss was a howler, even worse was the one where Scott Allan seemed to catch up with him and tackle him when he was through on the keeper.

Obviously he's a bit raw. Very much from the Ivan Sproule/ Eoin Doyle mould. I'd back our current management team to bring him on as a player though.

Expecting Rain
11-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Thought he had a good game yesterday apart from his sitter, looks like a guy who doesn't hide and es rd to affect the game.

Canongatehibs
11-01-2015, 04:54 PM

apparently Harris had a blinder for Dundee!

The_Horde
11-01-2015, 09:26 PM
He was fully balanced, under no pressure, on his good foot with the simple task of of rolling the ball into the net from a very slight angle. Agathe was off balance and tried to use his right foot when he should have used his left. More Rosenthal for me

I think Boyle had more time than he thought. He tried to do it all in 3 touches when he could've taken an extra one to compose himself. Looks like a handy player and he's still young.

I think if we'd won yesterday more folk would be praising his performance. Thought he was exciting to watch in full flow.