PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment

kaimendhibs
10-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Although we are disappointed about the final result today, surely we must give credit to a lot of our play. At halftime I was chuffed at loads of our skill, passing, pace, desire, effort and commitment. Know what, we made mistakes in defence but I am loving my football at Easter road again. Well done Alan Stubbs and co

edinburghhibs
10-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Surely if we have any hope of getting Hibs back to at least being a mid table Premiership team, today's performance and result against Falkirk was not acceptable?

easty
10-01-2015, 09:27 PM
I'll take an ugly 3 points over an entertaining 1 any day.

jdships
10-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Interesting to note an attendance of close on 10000 on a miserable January afternoon :flag:

Nando™
10-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Entertainment for me is Hibs winning matches.

Blobby had the theory spot on.

heretoday
10-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Although we are disappointed about the final result today, surely we must give credit to a lot of our play. At halftime I was chuffed at loads of our skill, passing, pace, desire, effort and commitment. Know what, we made mistakes in defence but I am loving my football at Easter road again. Well done Alan Stubbs and co
Good for you. Positive.

Steve-O
10-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Except Blobby didn't win matches either.

We're not the finished article but we just need to suck it up. We didn't lose and are still unbeaten in a number of games with only one loss during a long stretch.

Still some areas of the team need strengthened though. I remain unconvinced about Hanlon (still the common denominator in a defence that has lost a lot of goals over a number of years), Booth, Craig, Handling and Robertson.

Nando™
10-01-2015, 10:23 PM
Except Blobby didn't win matches either.

Never said he did.

lyonhibs
10-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Entertainment = Hibs winning. Not much more to it than that.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2015, 10:37 PM
I see where you're coming from but nah, I'm absolutely spewing still.

GreenOnions
10-01-2015, 10:55 PM

I absolutely agree. We are a work in progress and a fair bit away from where we need to be but the progress has been very good so far. That may seem odd given that we've drawn at home to Falkirk but anyone at the game would have been impressed by lots of things from Hibs today. The entertainment level was high when we were going forward and I really enjoyed watching it. Defensive / goalkeeping errors cost us and that needs to be fixed but we are miles ahead of where we've been over the last few seasons.

FFS - I even had a smile on my face for much of the game and that hasn't happened often watching Hibs in recent years.

snooky
10-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Generally I go to a game for entertainment and while I like to see a win, a good performance is all I really ask for. Last season even the few wins we had were dire to watch. I realise others may think differently and that's okay.

jacomo
10-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Surely if we have any hope of getting Hibs back to at least being a mid table Premiership team, today's performance and result against Falkirk was not acceptable?

Nah, this is Hibs. Even if we were leading the title race in the top division we'd be liable to get a result like this. It's part of what makes this club what it is.

Let's hope it was an off day, and onto the next game.

ehf
10-01-2015, 11:56 PM

I am with you on this.

We have heard plenty about how teams come to ER and park the bus and we struggle to break them down but that was not the case today; credit to Falkirk, who are a decent side.

We were a bit lucky to be 3-1 up at half time, but could have been 5-1 up after an hour. It was massively disappointing to chuck it away after that, but much more entertaining than watching Nelson hoofing it, or McGivern turning back on the half-way line and shanking it backwards.

Steve20
11-01-2015, 07:32 AM
When you're in this league, winning is all that matters to get out of it.

Results haven't been good enough this season. Not even close.

Islington Hibs
11-01-2015, 07:32 AM

You know what I agree with this. Sure we let it slip but there are a lot of positives. We have a team that can pass, shows some real skill and is starting to score quite a few goals. Bad day at the back - but we have usually defended pretty well this season (the Ox included). As another poster pointed out almost 10k with dreadful weather- won't take much and the support will follow.

Ronniekirk
11-01-2015, 09:16 AM
You know what I agree with this. Sure we let it slip but there are a lot of positives. We have a team that can pass, shows some real skill and is starting to score quite a few goals. Bad day at the back - but we have usually defended pretty well this season (the Ox included). As another poster pointed out almost 10k with dreadful weather- won't take much and the support will follow.
Everyone accepts that Stubbs is doing a great job given what he inherited ,and given how late he was appointed . Our expectations have been raised and the quality of football has massively improved.
If we had an on form Gray yesterday consensus seems to be we may have gone on to win the game but we didn't and we drew yet another home game ,but this time from being three one up ,that's where the Dissapointment and frustration stem from.
Have said on another thread Malonga and Gray both being out at same time iis bad luck ,and that our next two signings could be crucial with a defender needed as priority now . however integrating several new players into team can also take time and our problem is we need to be winning games at this stage of the season just to stay in the top four
We will have Foster Gray Malonga and possibly Farid all back in Febuary at different points (foster probably before then ) So we have a lot to look forward to .We should have enough about us to see off Cowdenbeath next week and get us back on track and give new signings more game time and we have a Scottish Cup game which also gives us a bit of breathing space from league .

Missed yesterday's game as didn't fancy the drive through in those conditions and had an inkling it would be a difficult game ,but will be there for Cowdenbeath game ,as still haven't got over that last trip there ,Soaked ,Saturated and Sodden .

JimBHibees
11-01-2015, 09:19 AM

Nah it showed we need to strengthen specific areas however some of our play was excellent and proved we are more than capable of doing well when we go back up.

erin go bragh
12-01-2015, 05:50 PM

Id say we proved against Utd in the cup that we can at least be a mid table team in the Premier league . We should be aspiring to be challenging at the top end imo . Our performance going forward was good on Sat . Its a pity our defence let us down big time . Performance wise its night and day compared to last season . The few narrow wins we had last season were horrific on the eyes ( even tho we won ) were improving and playing an exiting brand of football . Keep the faith .

Ggtth

Keith_M
12-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Entertainment = Hibs winning. Not much more to it than that.

People whinged after we beat Alloa 3-0 at home, becuase it wasn't 'entertaining' enough.

brog
12-01-2015, 05:57 PM
The game on Saturday reminded me of the golden generation game against Dundee when we were 4-1 up, Deek then scored a screamer which was dubiously ruled out for offside. Dundee then pulled it back to 4-4 & we were praying for full time. These things happen, we're a work in progress but we're improving all the time.

ancient hibee
12-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Typical Hibs that in regard to the other teams fighting for the play off places only our record against Rangers is acceptable.

Michael
12-01-2015, 06:05 PM
It is all about entertainment i.e. attack minded, quick, passes, possession etc...

If the performance is good, the results will come. Things didn't go to plan on Sat, but that's football.

Smartie
12-01-2015, 06:08 PM
The game on Saturday reminded me of the golden generation game against Dundee when we were 4-1 up, Deek then scored a screamer which was dubiously ruled out for offside. Dundee then pulled it back to 4-4 & we were praying for full time. These things happen, we're a work in progress but we're improving all the time.

"If we keep playing like that we'll win more than we lose" I believe TM - correctly - said after that match.

I agree with the OP. To be honest I don't demand much of Hibs other than that they make it enjoyable to watch them. The fun factor had been missing for years but it's back again.

It wasn't the finished article but it's going in the right direction. As enjoyable as it was, it was another wake-up call that we can take nothing for granted in this league.

lyonhibs
12-01-2015, 06:48 PM
People whinged after we beat Alloa 3-0 at home, becuase it wasn't 'entertaining' enough.

Then those people were idiots. In this league, especially at home, it's 3 points above everything else.

snooky
12-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Then those people were idiots. In this league, especially at home, it's 3 points above everything else.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3q1zmx

:greengrin :flag:

keep the faith
12-01-2015, 10:57 PM
It is all about entertainment i.e. attack minded, quick, passes, possession etc...

If the performance is good, the results will come. Things didn't go to plan on Sat, but that's football.

This is exactly how I feel too.

spike220
13-01-2015, 06:15 AM
I'll take an ugly 3 points over an entertaining 1 any day.

IS that you Terry?

Brightside
13-01-2015, 06:24 AM

This - 100%. Plenty of blips along the way - but we are 100% better than last season.

lyonhibs
13-01-2015, 10:35 AM
IS that you Terry?

The problem with Butcher's rank incompetence that all he delivered were predominantely ugly, turgid 1 points and bugger all points most of the time.

If the football had been far from pretty but we had been winning regularly, we wouldn't be in this sticky mess of relegation etc.

But we didn't win regularly, the football was just far from pretty.

Ta Butcher, you immeasurable ****.

snooky
13-01-2015, 10:51 AM
The problem with Butcher's rank incompetence that all he delivered were predominantely ugly, turgid 1 points and bugger all points most of the time.

If the football had been far from pretty but we had been winning regularly, we wouldn't be in this sticky mess of relegation etc.

But we didn't win regularly, the football was just far from pretty.

Ta Butcher, you immeasurable ****.

I think we would all agree with the point highlighted, LH.
Alas, I had come to the conclusion a long time ago that the quality of football being served up at ER was no longer entertaining and my enthusiasm to attend matches drastically waned as a consequence.
Winning isn't everything - in my book, anyway.

The Gorf
13-01-2015, 12:41 PM
My son and I enjoyed the football on offer in the first half but I wasn't looking forward to the 15 mins freezing during half time break. But the kids we watched from the East stand were really talented. Especially a wee lass with a purple hoodie on under her strip. She had some brilliant moves and goals. Well done to all the girls.