PDA

View Full Version : player ratings

West hamBERNIAN
10-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Interested in how Franck looked when he came on in particular if you were there?

StarMan10
10-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Interested in how Franck looked when he came on in particular if you were there?

Hard to judge but he looked okay. Looked dangerous when running at players and is not afraid to take a man on. Squaffed a good chance to score though, a free header 8 yards out which he misjudged

MSK
10-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Hard to judge but he looked okay. Looked dangerous when running at players and is not afraid to take a man on. Squaffed a good chance to score though, a free header 8 yards out which he misjudgedI could be wrong but I thought it nicked a Falkirk players head just as Franck was ready to connect ..hence the reason he misjudjed it ...

Or I was too far gone with frost bite by then ...:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Hard to judge but he looked okay. Looked dangerous when running at players and is not afraid to take a man on. Squaffed a good chance to score though, a free header 8 yards out which he misjudged

:agree: his head seemed to disappear into his neck

Jonnyboy
10-01-2015, 07:15 PM
I could be wrong but I thought it nicked a Falkirk players head just as Franck was ready to connect ..hence the reason he misjudjed it ...

Or I was too far gone with frost bite by then ...:greengrin

Exactly what happened K. Changed the trajectory of the ball :agree:

J-C
10-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Oxley 4 horrendous game

Booth 5 did ok but still suspect at back
hanlon 6 nothing to add
Fontaine 6 again average
stevenson 7 very good first half

Robertson 6 worked hard that's all
Allan 5 poor game by his standards
craig 6 average, back to the pointing shouting captain again
McGeouch 6.5 looked decent, very forward thinking

Boyle 6 would've got a 7 if he hadn't missed that sitter, some very good runs though
cummings 7.5 took his goals well, still raw but learning fast.

Djedje 6 looked decent, very early days though
handling 4 did nothing when he came on

Willie Collum 4 terrible ref, no wonder he's been demoted

B.H.F.C
10-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Oxley 4 horrendous game

Booth 5 did ok but still suspect at back
hanlon 6 nothing to add
Fontaine 6 again average
stevenson 7 very good first half

Robertson 6 worked hard that's all
Allan 5 poor game by his standards
craig 6 average, back to the pointing shouting captain again
McGeouch 6.5 looked decent, very forward thinking

Boyle 6 would've got a 7 if he hadn't missed that sitter, some very good runs though
cummings 7.5 took his goals well, still raw but learning fast.

Djedje 6 looked decent, very early days though
handling 4 did nothing when he came on

Willie Collum 4 terrible ref, no wonder he's been demoted

I think you're being very generous to our defence. They were a shambles.

Wouldn't disagree with much else. McGeough was decent, just lacking sharpness. The 90 minutes will do him good which is about the only positive from today.

rcarter1
10-01-2015, 07:40 PM

Wouldn't disagree with much else. McGeough was decent, just lacking sharpness. The 90 minutes will do him good which is about the only positive from today.

Thought McGeough looked rusty, agree its a positive that he is back involved.

The Harp Awakes
10-01-2015, 08:23 PM
I think you're being very generous to our defence.They were a shambles.

Yep, the defence was indeed a shambles today. 2 crosses into the box from Falkirk in the 1st half and 2 goals; thankfully one called off for offside. Thought our midfield looked tired today - why? After a couple of really good performances I thought Robertson looked really sluggish.

Overall we've imprioved considerably since the start of the season, but a poor performance and result against a very average Falkirk side. Not good enough from Hibs that we haven't beaten them this season.

Iain G
10-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Thought McGeough looked rusty, agree its a positive that he is back involved.

I thought he was head and shoulders above the rest of our midfield, ran at people, passed it well, was always available, when he lost the ball he made sure he got it back, and great professional foul late in the game to stop Falkirk on a dangerous attack.

Thought Franck looked lively, whipped in a few good dangerous crosses from wide right, good run where he burst through the Falkirk defence. Some good signs :)

J-C
10-01-2015, 08:30 PM

Yes they were but only really the 2nd half, it was a strange game, a mixture of decent and pretty poor performances

Brightside
10-01-2015, 08:34 PM

I think our defence looked really shaky due to constant covering of other players, and the CHs having no confidence in the goalie... 3 times Hanlon screamed at him to come for the ball and each time he ended up having to dive at the feet of an attacker coz he took so long to come out.

In the 2nd half our midfield were hiding massively and that was really poor to see.

AlbertK86
10-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Think the majority were 7 first half bar Cummings who got 8.5

Second half majority 5 other than mcgeogh with an 8 and Hanlon Fontaine Craig and Booth 4s

B.H.F.C
10-01-2015, 08:45 PM
I think our defence looked really shaky due to constant covering of other players, and the CHs having no confidence in the goalie... 3 times Hanlon screamed at him to come for the ball and each time he ended up having to dive at the feet of an attacker coz he took so long to come out.

In the 2nd half our midfield were hiding massively and that was really poor to see.

I didn't think it was anything to do with covering other players. If we were getting cut open and they were being pulled about then fair enough. But we lost 3 goals from 3 balls in to the box. Players weren't picked up. The centre halves didn't command anything all day. What I will agree with is that the goalie was a big contributing factor. And there was just no balance with having 4 left footers.

Think hiding is a bit strong. Well in the case of Allan and McGeough it is. They weren't good but they always look for the ball. Handling had no impact when he came on.

SmashinGlass
10-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Exactly what happened K. Changed the trajectory of the ball :agree:

Definitely nicked away from him. I was right in line with the trajectory of the ball

Stax
10-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Im struggling to think of any situation when a striker scores a hatrick gets rated 7.5 ?

davidw
10-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Think the majority were 7 first half bar Cummings who got 8.5

Second half majority 5 other than mcgeogh with an 8 and Hanlon Fontaine Craig and Booth 4s

That's about right. That was, for various reasons, my first live home game since the Hamilton debacle in May. So although it was ludicrous (we should have won about 8-1), the improvement in every aspect of the club and team is massive. The play-offs were always the aim - we just need to defend before we get there. And if we can, we will be ok. Falkirk, as an example of a "better" 1st division team were pretty *****, to be honest. Had it not been for comically gifted goals and missed chances, it would have been a ridiculously comfortable afternoon. If also cold...

LaMotta
10-01-2015, 11:19 PM
What is this with the point five ratings??

When there is a 1-10 rating scale , there is simply no need :grr: :greengrin

GreenOnions
10-01-2015, 11:19 PM
I thought we were excellent going forward for much of the game and really enjoyed watching our play which was often slick - at least until Falkirk scored their third. There were some poor attempts at goal from us but mostly it was just a case of through balls being a fraction away from reaching their man, last minute blocks or defenders just getting the slightest nick on something to deflect it (like what happened with Djedje's header). At half-time I really thought there was a chance we could score six or seven against that Falkirk side. We just lost stupid goals and the psychology of the game changed.

Oxley - 2 - Extremely poor thoughout and at fault for second and third goals.
Booth - 4 - Looks composed in possession but did not link well with Hanlon
Hanlon - 4 - Communication errors with Oxley and Booth helped unsettle defence
Fontaine - 3 - Poor communication again a problem thoughout
Stevenson - 6 - Solid defensively and a threat going forward in first half. Faded in second

Robertson - 5 - Played at base of diamond. Did okay but must take responsibility in that position when we lose three goals
McGeough - 7 - Exciting player to watch. Seems to enjoy playing with Allan. Drove forward with the ball and good work rate/attitude
Craig - 5 - Liam played okay on left side and had a good effort on goal just wide
Allan - 7 - Really enjoyable watching his passing and movement. He helped create a lot today

Boyle - 7 - Quite impressed. Very pacey and good work rate - on another day could have scored a couple. Should have made it 4-1 though.
Cummings - 8 - Well done Jason. Great striker's display.

Djedje - 6 - Not quite enough time and seemed to prefer drifting wide before coming inside. Unlucky with header from deflected cross
Handling - 4 - Strange substitution taking off our most creative player when we need a goal. Unfortunately Danny contributed little

Lots to be positive about but calamitous goalkeeping and poor communication with/between defenders made a game that could have been 6 or 7-0 into a 3-3 draw :grr:

LaMotta
10-01-2015, 11:22 PM
I thought we were excellent going forward for much of the game and really enjoyed watching our play which was often slick - at least until Falkirk scored their third. There were some poor attempts at goal from us but mostly it was just a case of through balls being a fraction away from reaching their man, last minute blocks or defenders just getting the slightest nick on something to deflect it (like what happened with Djedje's header). At half-time I really thought there was a chance we could score six or seven against that Falkirk side. We just lost stupid goals and the psychology of the game changed.

Stevenson - 6 - Solid defensively and a threat going forward in first half. Faded in second

Robertson - 5 - Played at base of diamond. Did okay but must take responsibility in that position when we lose three goals
McGeough - 7 - Exciting player to watch. Seems to enjoy playing with Allan. Drove forward with the ball and good work rate/attitude
Craig - 5 - Liam played okay on left side and had a good effort on goal just wide
Allan - 7 - Really enjoyable watching his passing and movement. He helped create a lot today

Boyle - 7 - Quite impressed. Very pacey and good work rate - on another day could have scored a couple. Should have made it 4-1 though.

Djedje - 6 - Not quite enough time and seemed to prefer drifting wide before coming inside. Unlucky with header from deflected cross
Handling - 4 - Strange substitution taking off our most creative player when we need a goal. Unfortunately Danny contributed little

Lots to be positive about but calamitous goalkeeping and poor communication with/between defenders made a game that could have been 6 or 7-0 into a 3-3 draw :grr:

Agree with 99 percent of that - although I think the points for Oxley are harsh as I have explained on the Match highlights thread.

More importantly not a half mark in sight!

NAE NOOKIE
11-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Oxley ...... 5 ...... indecisive at times, not his best game but he made a couple of good saves.

Stevenson ... 7 .... had a decent game
Hanlon .... 6 ... not at his best
Fontaine ... 5 ... his worst performance at home this season
Booth ... 5 ... missing at the 3rd goal and his crossing was poor

Craig ... 6 ... an ok game
Allan .... 6 ... not at his best today
Roberson ... 6 ... he was good for 65 minutes but seemed to run out of steam in the last quarter
McGeough ... 7 ... our best midfielder today, always driving forward

Boyle ... 6 ... made some good runs and did brilliantly to get between the defender & keeper only to miss a near open goal
Cummings ... 8 ... when you score a hat trick 2 dropped points have nothing to do with you

Subs:
Djedje .... 6 .... made an impact .. good with the ball at his feet
Handing ... 4 .... not an impact player

That was our worst defensive performance of the season, we should have been out of sight in this one and would have been if Boyle had scored at 3 - 1. We have been decent at the back lately so lets hope it was just a bad day for us.

SMAXXA
11-01-2015, 12:20 AM

Allan a 7 ffs come on man he was terrible today, worst I've seen him in a hibs jersey no where near a 7. Handling would also get a 1 from me, did nowt so why should he merrit a 4.

The_Exile
11-01-2015, 01:34 AM
I'd have given Allan a 4 or 5 and he can have no complaints at being subbed off, a lot of balls were played into trouble from him today and he's capable of much much better, the rest a mix of 6's and 7's although we were indecisive at the back at all the key moments. Djedje, you can tell he's operated at a level much higher than where we are at, few times he effortlessly drifted from his marker and between the zones which gave him plenty room when he got the ball to run at defenders, looks like he might be lacking a bit of sharpness but looks a cracking wee player!

07BigD
11-01-2015, 07:22 AM
Scott Allan had one of those days yesterday when it just didn't go right, he is still quality though

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2015, 07:28 AM
Allan a 7 ffs come on man he was terrible today, worst I've seen him in a hibs jersey no where near a 7. Handling would also get a 1 from me, did nowt so why should he merrit a 4.

:agree: one great turn in the first half that left the defender standing. That aside there was a lot more of the stuff I mentioned a few weeks ago.

Brooster
11-01-2015, 07:31 AM
Scott Allan had one of those days yesterday when it just didn't go right, he is still quality though

Why play him in the number ten role when he's been excellent on the right of midfield recently? Strange move by Stubbs.

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2015, 07:33 AM
Why play him in the number ten role when he's been excellent on the right of midfield recently? Strange move by Stubbs.

I'm not sure that made that much a difference. He didn't look interested/motivated yesterday.

07BigD
11-01-2015, 07:38 AM
To accommodate McGeough because neither Craig or Robertson are adaptable

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2015, 07:38 AM
To accommodate McGeough because neither Craig or Robertson are adaptable

Presumably McGeough isn't either?

By the looks of things neither is Allan?

07BigD
11-01-2015, 07:39 AM
Allan is the most forward thinking of the lot, it just didn't come off for him yesterday

TrinityHibs
11-01-2015, 08:12 AM
:agree: one great turn in the first half that left the defender standing. That aside there was a lot more of the stuff I mentioned a few weeks ago.

A bit harsh. It was a great corner for the second and his pass to Boyle for the third was class. On saying that I agree it was not his best game.

B.H.F.C
11-01-2015, 08:13 AM

I didn't think the positional change was to blame for him being poorer. He still saw plenty of the ball, it was just that he wasted it most of the time. He got in to a lot of good positions and things just didn't come off as they have been for him. He then compounded it by tackling his own player in the act of shooting and I still can't quite work out what was going through his mind at that point.

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2015, 08:15 AM
A bit harsh. It was a great corner for the second and his pass to Boyle for the third was class. On saying that I agree it was not his best game.

You're right - the ball for Boyle was good.

I think a lot of folk tend to exaggerate where he's concerned though - when he's good he's excellent, when he plays a good pass it's on a par with Iniesta etc.

Ronniekirk
11-01-2015, 08:48 AM

We have to remember he he hadn't been playing regularly till he came to us It took him time to get fit and to fit into team .He then hit top form ,but we. Can't expect that every week ,there will be games when he isn't at his best .

Stuarty27
11-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Allan is better picking up the ball from deep and running with the ball in either the right or left side of the diamond.

I actually think out of all of our players Handling is the most suited playing at the tip of the diamond.

Personally Id drop Criag and play Dylan left and Allan right with Robertson and Handling in the middle.

AlbertK86
11-01-2015, 10:58 AM
I'd try Craig at the tip with Allan and mcgeogh left and right

We had DM and SA in these roles earlier in season when Craig was dropped and they were excellent

As they are so adaptable there is no reason they can't chop and change throughout the game

Ever since Craig came to the club many on hear wanted him playing a central role behind the strikers so I'd give him a go there

However when everybody's fit and available I'd like to go back to 3 at the back Forster and Fontaine with Hanlon sweeping as we looked very secure like that before. Hanlon definitely much better when he doesn't have to mark.

Gray and Stevenson out wide with SR sitting behind SA and DM.

Upfront any 2 from Cummings, Farid, Djedje and Dom ... Dependant on current form.

Alongside McGeough, Scott Allan is the best player in our squad by a mile.

Even though he was not at his best yesterday he sttill created plenty and I felt was better than most bar Cummings and McGeough

Smartie
11-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Oxley ...... 5 ...... indecisive at times, not his best game but he made a couple of good saves.

Stevenson ... 7 .... had a decent game
Hanlon .... 6 ... not at his best
Fontaine ... 5 ... his worst performance at home this season
Booth ... 5 ... missing at the 3rd goal and his crossing was poor

Craig ... 6 ... an ok game
Allan .... 6 ... not at his best today
Roberson ... 6 ... he was good for 65 minutes but seemed to run out of steam in the last quarter
McGeough ... 7 ... our best midfielder today, always driving forward

Boyle ... 6 ... made some good runs and did brilliantly to get between the defender & keeper only to miss a near open goal
Cummings ... 8 ... when you score a hat trick 2 dropped points have nothing to do with you

Subs:
Djedje .... 6 .... made an impact .. good with the ball at his feet
Handing ... 4 .... not an impact player

That was our worst defensive performance of the season, we should have been out of sight in this one and would have been if Boyle had scored at 3 - 1. We have been decent at the back lately so lets hope it was just a bad day for us.

Word for word and score for score exactly how I saw it.

I'd have maybe given Boyle a slightly higher score. His movement was key to our attacking threat all day. If he'd scored his open goal and not been tackled by Allan when clean through then I might have given him an 8 or 9. But he did miss and ultimately it cost us dearly.

I actually thought Cummings had a fairly quiet game other than, er, scoring a hat-trick. But you really can't argue with that scoring return.

And Fontaine would have had a lower score for his defending alone but did well in an attacking sense at set pieces. He was all at sea, like he was a few weeks ago at Alloa.

erin go bragh
11-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Allan took a sore one [dead leg] early doors in the first half . think this had more to do with his poorer display than normal .
Cummings scored 3, so dont get this 7.5 malarky . its a 9 every day of the week imo.
Also think the conditions ie swirling wind ,contributed a lot more to the defensive errors and Oxleys indecisions at cross balls.
Fwiw i enjoyed the game yesterday . yes it as disappointing not to win but we were entertained in very cold conditions .

GGTTH

GreenOnions
11-01-2015, 11:46 AM

Allan - terrible? :bitchy: Scott had one of those games where a number of his really incisive passes just didn't quite come off. There were quite a few examples where defenders just managed to deflect his pass away from its intended recipient with the end of their toe or by it skimming off the top of their head etc. There's a matter of centimetres in many of these things that decides whether the pass sets up a goal or gets deflected away. A couple of centimetres the other way and it would have been a goal.

The key thing for me was that it wasn't as if Allan simply misplaced a lot of passes by misjudging them completely or mis-hitting the ball. I think his creativity and his high standards imply that he will often try the most difficult of passes - the one that splits the defence and creates a goal-scoring opportunity. I think the very nature of that and the requirement for incredible accuracy implies that he is not not going to get it absolutely right every week - even if his passes are just a couple of centimetres out because he's trying to make passes that others haven't got a hope in hell of making.

I think it was one of those days yesterday. However, to claim that he was "terrible" is just plain wrong. I still loved watching a number of things he did - such as a dummy and turn to leave a defender for dead, the pass to Boyle for the second goal and the general interplay between him and McGeogh. There were many other examples of superb passing from him but I it is the intelligence behind his play that is still so impressive - even when the most challenging of his passes is not quite working.

For me - even though Scott wasn't his usual 9 out of 10 - I still think we ought to be able to appreciate his intelligence, touch and awareness and the fact that he tries the most difficult of passes where others would not take the risk. A 7/10 as opposed to his normal score is fair IMO. He could play almost exactly the same on another day and two or three of those defence-splitting passes are maybe a centimetre to the left or right and he's set-up another two goals and is a hero.

J-C
11-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Allan took a sore one [dead leg] early doors in the first half . think this had more to do with his poorer display than normal .
Cummings scored 3, so dont get this 7.5 malarky . its a 9 every day of the week imo.
Also think the conditions ie swirling wind ,contributed a lot more to the defensive errors and Oxleys indecisions at cross balls.
Fwiw i enjoyed the game yesterday . yes it as disappointing not to win but we were entertained in very cold conditions .

GGTTH

I gave him 7.5 for the reason he was fairy quiet apart from the goals, if he'd been outstanding, scored 3 but could've been loads more I'd give him a 9, he was in the right place for each goal and took them well but he was fairly quiet the rest of the time, it's all about opinions.

SMAXXA
11-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Allan - terrible? :bitchy: Scott had one of those games where a number of his really incisive passes just didn't quite come off. There were quite a few examples where defenders just managed to deflect his pass away from its intended recipient with the end of their toe or by it skimming off the top of their head etc. There's a matter of centimetres in many of these things that decides whether the pass sets up a goal or gets deflected away. A couple of centimetres the other way and it would have been a goal.

The key thing for me was that it wasn't as if Allan simply misplaced a lot of passes by misjudging them completely or mis-hitting the ball. I think his creativity and his high standards imply that he will often try the most difficult of passes - the one that splits the defence and creates a goal-scoring opportunity. I think the very nature of that and the requirement for incredible accuracy implies that he is not not going to get it absolutely right every week - even if his passes are just a couple of centimetres out because he's trying to make passes that others haven't got a hope in hell of making.

I think it was one of those days yesterday. However, to claim that he was "terrible" is just plain wrong. I still loved watching a number of things he did - such as a dummy and turn to leave a defender for dead, the pass to Boyle for the second goal and the general interplay between him and McGeogh. There were many other examples of superb passing from him but I it is the intelligence behind his play that is still so impressive - even when the most challenging of his passes is not quite working.

For me - even though Scott wasn't his usual 9 out of 10 - I still think we ought to be able to appreciate his intelligence, touch and awareness and the fact that he tries the most difficult of passes where others would not take the risk. A 7/10 as opposed to his normal score is fair IMO. He could play almost exactly the same on another day and two or three of those defence-splitting passes are maybe a centimetre to the left or right and he's set-up another two goals and is a hero.

seemed the consensus around me in the east how poor he was and for me when he took the ball off Boyle when he looked set to score summed up his day. I still think he's class though just didn't play well. One of these days I recon.

marinello59
11-01-2015, 12:01 PM

Well said.
Allan tries things that other players won't even contemplate. It may not come off every time but I'd rather he tried. Some of the stuff he does actually has me smiling like an idiot at the beauty and audacity of it. It's a long time since a player in a Hibs strip drew that reaction from me on a regular basis.

NAE NOOKIE
11-01-2015, 12:32 PM
seemed the condenses around me in the east how poor he was and for me when he took the ball off Boyle when he looked set to score summed up his day. I still think he's class though just didn't play well. One of these days I recon.

:agree: ........ That was one of the more mental things I have seen this season, only Scott Allan will ever know what was going through his mind, I would imagine Boyle was a bit miffed to say the least.

Crammond Hibee
11-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Allan is better picking up the ball from deep and running with the ball in either the right or left side of the diamond.

I actually think out of all of our players Handling is the most suited playing at the tip of the diamond.

Personally Id drop Criag and play Dylan left and Allan right with Robertson and Handling in the middle.

I agree !

ancient hibee
11-01-2015, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure that made that much a difference. He didn't look interested/motivated yesterday.

Tosh.Of course he was only involved in two of the goals.

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Tosh.Of course he was only involved in two of the goals.

Someone's said he got a knock and that's why he was poor - I can't remember it. There's been a couple of other reasons/excuses for his performance.

If you're happy with his performance I think your standards are too low.

GreenOnions
11-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Someone's said he got a knock and that's why he was poor - I can't remember it. There's been a couple of other reasons/excuses for his performance.

If you're happy with his performance I think your standards are too low.

Absolutely pathetic. Allan is in the team to take risks - to try the unexpected and to create for us. Players in that role need to be brave because their job involves trying things that are much more challenging than many other acts on a football pitch. They are risking failure all the time rather than playing it safe.

Scott's vision and imagination, his interplay with McGeough as well as the many passes he did get right were still a joy to watch and the sort of entertainment we've been missing at ER for a few years. His performance was not at the exceptionally high level of some other games but to say he was "poor" or "terrible" is just laughable and quite depressing.

Reminds me of a clown who used to come on here every week when Beuzelin played for us calling Boozy "Le Myth" and slagging off his contribution every week.

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Absolutely pathetic. Allan is in the team to take risks - to try the unexpected and to create for us. Players in that role need to be brave because their job involves trying things that are much more challenging than many other acts on a football pitch. They are risking failure all the time rather than playing it safe.

Scott's vision and imagination, his interplay with McGeough as well as the many passes he did get right were still a joy to watch and the sort of entertainment we've been missing at ER for a few years. His performance was not at the exceptionally high level of some other games but to say he was "poor" or "terrible" is just laughable and quite depressing.

Reminds me of a clown who used to come on here every week when Beuzelin played for us calling Boozy "Le Myth" and slagging off his contribution every week.

I'm not the only one saying he had a poor game. If you think he was good enough I'm surprised but you're entitled to your opinion.

Stuarty27
11-01-2015, 09:28 PM
I'm not the only one saying he had a poor game. If you think he was good enough I'm surprised but you're entitled to your opinion.

Bet you were delighted when his number came up yesterday....

The Sundance Kid
11-01-2015, 09:38 PM
It's interesting that despite Allan having one of his seemingly poorer games in a Hibs strip yesterday he still got an assist for Cummings' first goal. He put in the corner that Fontaine met for the second goal and then put the ball through for Boyle for the third goal.

He may not have been at his best but most of the good attacking moves we had yesterday had Allan at the heart of it. I think that after his wonderful performances in the last month, a decent display is now seen as a poor game by him.

As long as he keeps setting up goal after goal for us I won't be complaining however

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Bet you were delighted when his number came up yesterday....

Not delighted - I wanted us to win and that means he plays well. My point over the last wee while is we're in danger of talking him up too quickly - he needs to pull us out the mire in these games we're struggling in.

I know there are a load of folk actively not supporting certain players, mainly Craig, but I'm not one of them.

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2015, 09:43 PM
It's interesting that despite Allan having one of his seemingly poorer games in a Hibs strip yesterday he still got an assist for Cummings' first goal. He put in the corner that Fontaine met for the second goal and then put the ball through for Boyle for the third goal.

He may not have been at his best but most of the good attacking moves we had yesterday had Allan at the heart of it. I think that after his wonderful performances in the last month, a decent display is now seen as a poor game by him.

As long as he keeps setting up goal after goal for us I won't be complaining however

You're right about his involvement but it's the use of words like wonderful that are ott.

GreenOnions
11-01-2015, 10:25 PM

I think you and I just see football differently DH and appreciate different things. We should just agree to differ I reckon. Anyways - here's to Allan Stubbs continuing the progress he's made with the team to the extent that he takes us up this year!

steviehibsleith
12-01-2015, 10:49 AM
Problem yet again lies with defence listening to Stubbs interview he says the same. 3 goals conceded at home against Falkirk in the Championship oh and Paul Hanlon you ball batches as normal let your mans go he scored thier first and you look at Booth and blame him ! He was 3 yards goalside of his man so not his fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenPJ
12-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Problem yet again lies with defence listening to Stubbs interview he says the same. 3 goals conceded at home against Falkirk in the Championship oh and Paul Hanlon you ball batches as normal let your mans go he scored thier first and you look at Booth and blame him ! He was 3 yards goalside of his man so not his fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst Hanlon had lost Baird, Booth was looking at both of them and should have noticed Baird had pulled away and got in tight. Defenders lose players lots of times in a game and rely on fellow defenders/players to help cover.

I like Booth but the sad truth is he is not very good defensively.

JimBHibees
12-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Whilst Hanlon had lost Baird, Booth was looking at both of them and should have noticed Baird had pulled away and got in tight. Defenders lose players lots of times in a game and rely on fellow defenders/players to help cover.

I like Booth but the sad truth is he is not very good defensively.

Agree he is the right back and was meant to be covering the back post and should have attacked the ball, to be running away from the ball was bizarre to be honest. Truly awful goal at any level to lose never mind a professional team and IMO set the tone for the poor defending after that.