PDA

View Full Version : Welcoming back old players.

Scouse Hibee
10-01-2015, 07:43 PM
While I agree with acknowledging returning players,the response at the Stadium of Light today was to my mind a step too far. First of all the tannoy announcer welcomed back separately Borini,Henderson and Mignolet, all were acknowledged seperately with a cheer and applause from the home support. Then during the game every time Henderson took a corner he received applause from a section of the home support, this happened more than once! Surely this was taking it too far?

Sir David Gray
10-01-2015, 07:47 PM
I haven't seen any footage of the match so I can't comment specifically on what happened during the game but I think once would suffice in terms of clapping a former player before a corner etc.

I don't have a problem with a player being given a cheer when their name's read out at the start of the match.

Scottie
10-01-2015, 07:54 PM
No time for it myself.

Once the whistle goes they are opponents that are there solely to defeat us.

Sorry the only people I want to cheer is my own players and that's all that matters to me.

Broken Gnome
10-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Being a football supporter has become an overwhelming campaign to prove to others that you're respectful.

To ever increasingly cringey and OTT lengths.

Matty_Jack04
10-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Henderson is a sunderland fan and was in amongst the supporters during there relegation fight last year, don't see much wrong with sunderland fans letting him know he's respected even tho he plays elsewhere these days.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2015, 08:34 PM
He's one of their own so not a huge surprise. Maybe a bit much for the other two

Future17
10-01-2015, 11:01 PM
While I agree with acknowledging returning players,the response at the Stadium of Light today was to my mind a step too far. First of all the tannoy announcer welcomed back separately Borini,Henderson and Mignolet, all were acknowledged seperately with a cheer and applause from the home support. Then during the game every time Henderson took a corner he received applause from a section of the home support, this happened more than once! Surely this was taking it too far?

If a player like Henderson got my club £18m, I'd follow him home and applaud his every jobbie...

sauzee6_2
10-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Seriously???

What about 2 weeks ago when a good number of Hibs fans applauded Dean Sheils when he came on??

Franck Sauzee could come on in a hearts strip playing the sash on a flute and I would kiss his feet!!