PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk No Goal

DaveF
10-01-2015, 05:38 PM
It was the right decision but I've never seen something over turned after such a long time. They scored, had their celebration and were almost back at the halfway line when Collum and the lineswoman sorted it out.

Unreal amount of time to take.

Gatecrasher
10-01-2015, 05:40 PM
The guy was offside apparently even the Falkirk manager agreed with this.

DaveF
10-01-2015, 05:49 PM
The guy was offside apparently even the Falkirk manager agreed with this.

No doubt that he was offside - I'm just amazed at the time it took to finally put the flag up. I can only assume she thought the last touch was from a Hibs player and not the guy who actually hit it.

iwasthere1972
10-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Couldn't help but notice how long Collum kept his arm in the air even after the ball was in play. Seemed like an eternity. Strange observation I know.

Gatecrasher
10-01-2015, 06:01 PM
No doubt that he was offside - I'm just amazed at the time it took to finally put the flag up. I can only assume she thought the last touch was from a Hibs player and not the guy who actually hit it.
It was her that got the decision right, she made the ref aware of his mistake according to what I heard on the radio.

StarMan10
10-01-2015, 06:08 PM
It was her that got the decision right, she made the ref aware of his mistake according to what I heard on the radio.

I'm sure she started running back up the pitch though as if the goal was to stand. Wasn't until about 30 seconds after she seemed to run back down and wave her flag.

lucky
10-01-2015, 06:09 PM
The linesman never gave the goal from the start. It was Collum who failed to turn round and notice. He awarded the goal. She stayed route to the spot. If the linesman gives the goal they run to the halfway line.

DaveF
10-01-2015, 06:12 PM
The linesman never gave the goal from the start. It was Collum who failed to turn round and notice. He awarded the goal. She stayed route to the spot. If the linesman gives the goal they run to the halfway line.

I don't think she did. If she was was certain it wasn't a goal then why didn't she raise her flag?

hibee_girl
10-01-2015, 06:14 PM
I don't think she did. If she was was certain it wasn't a goal then why didn't she raise her flag?

Exactly, it took her a good minute to decide what she was doing.

It looked like she only made the decision cos Oxley was going radge at her :greengrin

oconnors_strip
10-01-2015, 06:19 PM

She started to run towards the halfway line and took her notepad out of her pocket. Thought she was giving goal and getting oxley booked at first.

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Apparently the ref/lineslady explained to Houston that she said if the ball hit number 35 it was offside - it did and Houston was happy with that.

Heisenberg
10-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Looks like their equaliser for 3-3 was offside too

silverhibee
10-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Apparently the ref/lineslady explained to Houston that she said if the ball hit number 35 it was offside - it did and Houston was happy with that.

Source :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Source :greengrin

Peter Houston via radio Scotland :greengrin

DaveF
10-01-2015, 06:46 PM

Which is right, but it just took ages for the communication between Collum and her to sink in. Are they mic'd up in this league?

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Which is right, but it just took ages for the communication between Collum and her to sink in. Are they mic'd up in this league?

I doubt it. We don't even get an electronic board for injury time minutes.

macca70
10-01-2015, 08:59 PM
The female Lino Defo started walking back towards half way as if she was allowing the goal.

I don't think she realised the Falkirk player that chested it got a touch, either they were discussing over the mic or she saw who was celebrating as the goalscorer.

Common sense prevailed but have never seen a decision overturned after such a long time.

I thought she was flagging to get Ox booked for the abuse he was shouting at her for allowing the goal.

JimBHibees
10-01-2015, 09:30 PM

Why didn't she put the flag up then

J-C
10-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Just about to post this, it's what everyone was saying at the time, if she seen the initial flick on, then she must've been aware he was offside.

Gatecrasher
10-01-2015, 09:52 PM
She wasn't 100% sure the goalscorer actually touched the ball, so had to check with the ref.

SmashinGlass
10-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Regardless of not raising the flag, she made the correct decision. She had more balls than Collum for the big decisions. He was absolutely hopeless today. Clearly didn't want to make any big decisions following his performances recently.

FranckSuzy
10-01-2015, 09:56 PM
According to the qualified ref I was sitting beside today :greengrin the lineswoman half raised her flag when the goal went in, then must have radioed Collum who then went over to her line to discuss it. He then spoke to the goal scorer, I assume asking if he had touched the ball, and when he confirmed he had, Collum agreed with said lineswoman and ruled it out. Or something like that :aok:

bingo70
10-01-2015, 09:58 PM

She was probably on the phone to her ma or doing some online shopping.

(I actually thought she had a good game, although if that had gone against us I'd be going tonto)

silverhibee
10-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Peter Houston via radio Scotland :greengrin

:thumbsup:

silverhibee
10-01-2015, 10:17 PM
According to the qualified ref I was sitting beside today :greengrin the lineswoman half raised her flag when the goal went in, then must have radioed Collum who then went over to her line to discuss it. He then spoke to the goal scorer, I assume asking if he had touched the ball, and when he confirmed he had, Collum agreed with said lineswoman and ruled it out. Or something like that :aok:

Honesty from a football player, nae chance. :greengrin

FranckSuzy
10-01-2015, 10:18 PM

:agree: :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2015, 11:14 PM
I thought Collum was utterly hopeless today. Once again, we're talking about consistency. I don't particularly want to see players booked for celebrating goals but rules are rules and the scorer of their third should have been booked. What was his issue anyway?! I'm fine with taking that reaction if we've been winding a player up(such as Nade) but what was that little trolls problem?
Collum also shat himself from booking Baird who clearly kicked the ball into the south stand to waste time at 3-3. Instead, he had a nice wee word with him.
These things are either bookings or they're not!!

Hero76
10-01-2015, 11:18 PM
She didnt have a clue

matty_f
10-01-2015, 11:25 PM
She didnt have a clue

She got it right.

FranckSuzy
10-01-2015, 11:28 PM
She didnt have a clue

:hmmm:

greenginger
10-01-2015, 11:41 PM

The player probably thought he was getting confirmed as the goalscorer no getting the goal chalked off. :greengrin