PDA

View Full Version : What Was up with the support today?

hibs0666
10-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Outsung by Falkirk.

Took the pish out of our own goalie.

Cummings gets next to no acknowledgement as MoM despite scoring a hat trick.

Gave next to no backing during the game.

Not impressive.

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2015, 06:20 PM
i only heard the falkirk fans on the radio

iwasthere1972
10-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Outsung by Falkirk.

Not impressive.

Get away. Outsung by Falkirk fans? I was in the FF and it sounded like about a dozen school kids chanting the boring "Hibees are gay" nonsense.

marleyhib
10-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Cold

B.H.F.C
10-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Tell you what was even less impressive, our bloody defending.

In weather like that folk simply didn't really want to be there.

hibs0666
10-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Get away. Outsung by Falkirk fans? I was in the FF and it sounded like about a dozen school kids chanting the boring "Hibees are gay" nonsense.

Yup, outsung by a group of wee laddies.

Hiber-nation
10-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Tell you what was even less impressive, our bloody defending.

In weather like that folk simply didn't really want to be there.

Well the Falkirk fans managed to sing despite the weather.

And the sarcastic cheering of Oxley was pathetic.

hibs0666
10-01-2015, 06:28 PM

Maybe the cold brings out our sarcastic side?

Mikey

:agree:

iwasthere1972
Yup, outsung by a group of wee laddies.

Aye bairns by all accounts.

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2015, 06:34 PM

:agree: dreadful

DaveF
10-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Ah, nothing like a pop at the fans thread on a saturday evening. Must have been our fault it was ******g freezing and the players chucked away a win.

The mood in general was bleak all round but outsung by Falkirk? They sang a song or two when they scored, and that was it. They were every bit as freezing and quiet as us.

Hiber-nation
10-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Ah, nothing like a pop at the fans thread on a saturday evening. Must have been our fault it was ******g freezing and the players chucked away a win.

The mood in general was bleak all round but outsung by Falkirk? They sang a song or two when they scored, and that was it. They were every bit as freezing and quiet as us.

It wasn't the fans' fault we threw away a 2 goal lead but at the start of the 2nd half the silence was deafening. Despite the cold, a bit more encouragement wouldn't have gone amiss.

God Petrie
10-01-2015, 06:43 PM
"oh the hibees are gay" is like the mating call of dismal supports

DaveF
10-01-2015, 06:47 PM
It wasn't the fans' fault we threw away a 2 goal lead but at the start of the 2nd half the silence was deafening. Despite the cold, a bit more encouragement wouldn't have gone amiss.

Maybe we all knew what was coming?

Seriously, these fan kicking threads are a real bore. They appear like clockwork when we lose \ do bad but everybody is fullsome in praise when singing like hell at Tynecastle. Maybe we all need to be tanked up by 11am to get some plaudits.

Since90+2
10-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Away supports in general will outsing home supports.

Northernhibee
10-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Maybe we all knew what was coming?

Seriously, these fan kicking threads are a real bore. They appear like clockwork when we lose \ do bad but everybody is fullsome in praise when singing like hell at Tynecastle. Maybe we all need to be tanked up by 11am to get some plaudits.

They do tend to appear when our own goalie is getting taunted by his own "support". And the support tends to get praise when they are singing and supporting their team, you're quite right.

Your point is?

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2015, 06:54 PM
"oh the hibees are gay" is like the mating call of dismal supports

they only have two songs, both are rather outdated

kaimendhibs
10-01-2015, 06:55 PM
The support was very quiet today, the response to Cummings mom was muted, thought so too when JJ came on. Fair enough, people may have been cold but sarcastically cheering our own goalie, couldn't get my head round that one.

DaveF
10-01-2015, 06:56 PM
They do tend to appear when our own goalie is getting taunted by his own "support". And the support tends to get praise when they are singing and supporting their team, you're quite right.

Your point is?

Taunted my arse. He'll cope.

There were a few sarcastic cheers (3 in total I think) from some sections of the crowd that had just witnessed \ were witnessing goalkeeping indecision of the highest order. They'd also just watched the team chuck a winning situation away.

I know you live in some sort of perfect world where everyone should cheer at all times. You live for these threads and can't wait to put the boot into your fellow fans.

That's my point.

DaveF
10-01-2015, 06:59 PM

Your point is?

Only after having been in the pub since daft o'clock. And there were instances of racist comments \ songs from last week. I assume you were putting the boot into those same great fans then?

Northernhibee
10-01-2015, 06:59 PM

There were a few sarcastic cheers (3 in total I think) from some sections of the crowd that had just witnessed \ were witnessing goalkeeping indecision of the highest order. They'd also just watched the team chuck a winning situation away.

I know you live in some sort of perfect world where everyone should cheer at all times. You live for these threads and can't wait to put the boot into your fellow fans.

That's my point.

I don't actually get what your point is? Do you think that sarcastic cheering of our own goalie is acceptable? Furthermore, you seem to put the boot into the fans away at Tynecastle who, aside from a few ********s that don't deserve to be there, were excellent and supported the team throughout?

DaveF
10-01-2015, 07:03 PM
I don't actually get what your point is? Do you think that sarcastic cheering of our own goalie is acceptable? Furthermore, you seem to put the boot into the fans away at Tynecastle who, aside from a few ********s that don't deserve to be there, were excellent and supported the team throughout?

No, the sarcasm wasn't acceptable but I understand it in the context of his performance and role in the goals conceded.

The Tynecastle thing is hardly comparable. Large amounts of the support are well pished up (as per any away derby crowd) so of course they will be noisier \ louder. Even you can figure that out.

Northernhibee
10-01-2015, 07:04 PM
No, the sarcasm wasn't acceptable but I understand it in the context of his performance and role in the goals conceded.

The Tynecastle thing is hardly comparable. Large amounts of the support are well pished up (as per any away derby crowd) so of course they will be noisier \ louder. Even you can figure that out.

So why are you so keen to make excuses for pish support and so keen to poke holes in our good support? That's pretty dismal that.

And please don't use "Even you can figure that out". I can assure you that I am far more intelligent than you think.

DaveF
10-01-2015, 07:10 PM
So why are you so keen to make excuses for pish support and so keen to poke holes in our good support? That's pretty dismal that.

And please don't use "Even you can figure that out". I can assure you that I am far more intelligent than you think.

I'm not making excuses - I'm giving you a perfectly valid reason for the ironic cheers since you don't seem to grasp it. No 2 fans are the same therefore, after the mess we made of things today, this was bound to happen. It's no different to a striker getting abuse for missing chance after chance then being cheered to the rafters when the ball goes in off his erse. Fans are fickle and live in the moment - full stop.

And I'm not poking holes in our good support - whatever that is? Again, I'm giving you a perfectly logical reason for the 'excellent' support last week. Early morning bevvy had a big part to play.

I'll take your word on the intelligence front :aok:

Northernhibee
10-01-2015, 07:13 PM
I'm not making excuses - I'm giving you a perfectly valid reason for the ironic cheers since you don't seem to grasp it. No 2 fans are the same therefore, after the mess we made of things today, this was bound to happen. It's no different to a striker getting abuse for missing chance after chance then being cheered to the rafters when the ball goes in off his erse. Fans are fickle and live in the moment - full stop.

And I'm not poking holes in our good support - whatever that is? Again, I'm giving you a perfectly logical reason for the 'excellent' support last week. Early morning bevvy had a big part to play.

Please do - I've not been the one trying to find excuses for our keeper being heckled and poking holes in when our support is at our best. Or answering questions that I've not been asked.

I look forward to reading your further posts next time we drop points.

DaveF
10-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Please do - I've not been the one trying to find excuses for our keeper being heckled and poking holes in when our support is at our best. Or answering questions that I've not been asked.

I look forward to reading your further posts next time we drop points.

Don't bank on it. Your tiresome drivel on these threads will end up with me sticking you on my ignore list. I'll let you bore others to death on this subject.

Northernhibee
10-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Don't bank on it. Your tiresome drivel on these threads will end up with me sticking you on my ignore list. I'll let you bore others to death on this subject.

Please don't put me on your ignore list, how will I sleep at night? :rotflmao::panic:

Pete
10-01-2015, 07:20 PM

He'll still be able to read your posts though.

:cool2:

DaveF
10-01-2015, 07:25 PM
He'll still be able to read your posts though.

:cool2:

I can cope with that :greengrin

silverhibee
10-01-2015, 07:36 PM
:faf:

Iain G
10-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Outsung by Falkirk.

Not impressive.

Well I didnt cheer MOTM as thought McGeough shoulda got it ;-)

emerald green
10-01-2015, 08:14 PM

That's my point.

Well said Dave. Couldn't agree more.

I'm sick and tired of posters having a go at their fellow supporters. People who turn out on a terrible freezing cold day to support their team. So what if Oxley got a bit of stick? It wasn't that bad, and considering he was to blame for one and possibly two of the opposition's goals really shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. He's a big boy and I'm sure he will be as disappointed with his display as were the fans. To say Oxley was "taunted" is a complete exageration and nonsense.

I sure didn't feel like a sing song today, unlike the bunch of wee lads through from Falkirk with a few bevvies inside them like most away fans.

Swedish hibee
10-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Sad to hear this.
Well done Cummings on his hat-trick :aok: Destined to be a goal machine for us :not worth

FranckSuzy
10-01-2015, 11:22 PM
Did those, who are bemoaning the quiet support today, actually do anything themselves to help create an atmosphere? Whilst the singing/drum wasn't as loud as previous games, IMHO the crowd participation wasn't that bad today :confused:

Hermit Crab
10-01-2015, 11:33 PM

Because we have a long history of ***** goalies? Why do we never get on other teams players backs. Away teams and fans get it too easy at Easter rd and we should start by putting the away fans in the south upper out the way. Said that for years.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-01-2015, 11:55 PM
The quietest fans are always the fans that have not turned up.

FitbaFolkKen
11-01-2015, 12:33 AM
Aye bairns by all accounts.

I see what you did there even if no one else did :top marks

R11Loaded
11-01-2015, 01:00 AM
Away supports in general will outsing home supports.

Palace home support is very loud, class today, our support has been poor at home for a long time barring occasional games

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

07BigD
11-01-2015, 08:35 AM
The crowd were behind the team but unfortunately when you get defensive ineptitude like yesterday of course some folk are going to groan and get upset, that's the nature of the football fan, some keep quiet and seething others let it out, I thought the defence was a shambles yesterday bar Stevenson, Oxley didn't come off his line well but the defence was posted missing

Pretty Boy
11-01-2015, 09:16 AM
I often wonder when these threads pop up where and/or when some people got their grounding in football supporting.

I'v watched Hibs regularly home and away since the early 90s and I genuinely can't remember our support being any different. Quieter at home against the 'smaller' teams even when winning, generally louder and more boisterous against Hearts, Rangers and Celtic. The away support seems to have taken on a mythical status in recent years as well, it's generally a bit more supportive but rarely deafiningly loud. Both Tynecastle and Ibrox this season have seen excellent away supports but I'd balance that with very flat to non existent atmospheres at Alloa in the cup, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton..... The abuse some players took in the away defeat to Alloa early in the season was far, far worse than anything I've heard at ER in recent years.

Football fans tend to react to what they are seeing. I've watched a lot of football at various levels over the years and throwing away a 2 goal lead in a vital game rarely leads to anything other than a negative atmosphere. Is sarcastic cheering helpful? No, but it happens. What kind of reception did people expect the MOTM announcement to get given what was playing out in front of the fans. Had we been capable of getting the job finished I'm sure Cummings would have got a very good response. Some people really take this 'Hibs class' thing to far and seem to expect us to be better than every other support anywhere. We're not, we respond to what is happening on the park the same as every other support in the world and when things fall apart on the park that's usually a negative response.

marinello59
11-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Palace home support is very loud, class today, our support has been poor at home for a long time barring occasional games

Who the **** are palace and what do they have to do with anything? If that's where you were today then how do you know what it was like at our ground?
Nothing wrong with our support.

R11Loaded
11-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Who the **** are palace and what do they have to do with anything? If that's where you were today then how do you know what it was like at our ground?

I watched the crystal palace game on TV and their fans didn't stop singing all game and then they turned it round from 1-0 down to 2-1 up...

The topic is about our support being poor and I was using an example. If you've been at any game that wasn't dundee United or hearts this season the atmosphere has been poor.

MSK
11-01-2015, 09:45 AM
I watched the crystal palace game on TV and their fans didn't stop singing all game and then they turned it round from 1-0 down to 2-1 up...

The topic is about our support being poor and I was using an example. If you've been at any game that wasn't dundee United or hearts this season the atmosphere has been poor.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jerseyYip ..I was wearing my wooly hibs gloves yest to save my fingers from frost bite ..therefore my clapping was muted for the entire game ..next week. to avoid an atmospheric disaster ..my hands are going naked ...Im not singing though ...:tsk tsk:

marinello59
11-01-2015, 09:48 AM

I've been to one or two games and compared to other supports in Scotland ours is pretty good. The media are currently creaming themselves about the Aberdeen support who are turning out in numbers to watch a winning team. They forget that they virtually disappeared for several seasons. Yet our support has held up well and is in the main positive. As it was yesterday.

R11Loaded
11-01-2015, 09:49 AM
I've been to one or two games and compared to other supports in Scotland ours is pretty good. The media are currently creaming themselves about the Aberdeen support who are turning out in numbers to watch a winning team. They forget that they virtually disappeared for several seasons. Yet our support has held up well and is in the main positive. As it was yesterday.

Ok[emoji106] since the celtic cup final our support hasn't been the same, it's had the odd game but that is all.

marinello59
11-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Ok[emoji106] since the celtic cup final our support hasn't been the same, it's had the odd game but that is all.

How do you think the supports are at other Scottish teams then. If you don't like ours you must have a benchmark somewhere we could aspire to? I reckon you will find it hard to find a more loyal support anywhere else.

emerald green
11-01-2015, 10:25 AM
I often wonder when these threads pop up where and/or when some people got their grounding in football supporting.

I'v watched Hibs regularly home and away since the early 90s and I genuinely can't remember our support being any different. Quieter at home against the 'smaller' teams even when winning, generally louder and more boisterous against Hearts, Rangers and Celtic. The away support seems to have taken on a mythical status in recent years as well, it's generally a bit more supportive but rarely deafiningly loud. Both Tynecastle and Ibrox this season have seen excellent away supports but I'd balance that with very flat to non existent atmospheres at Alloa in the cup, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton..... The abuse some players took in the away defeat to Alloa early in the season was far, far worse than anything I've heard at ER in recent years.

Football fans tend to react to what they are seeing. I've watched a lot of football at various levels over the years and throwing away a 2 goal lead in a vital game rarely leads to anything other than a negative atmosphere. Is sarcastic cheering helpful? No, but it happens. What kind of reception did people expect the MOTM announcement to get given what was playing out in front of the fans. Had we been capable of getting the job finished I'm sure Cummings would have got a very good response. Some people really take this 'Hibs class' thing to far and seem to expect us to be better than every other support anywhere. We're not, we respond to what is happening on the park the same as every other support in the world and when things fall apart on the park that's usually a negative response.

:agree: Totally agree. I've often wondered exactly the same - the bit in bold. I've been trying to get what you have said in your post across on various threads in the past, but to no avail as far as some posters are concerned.

How do you think the supports are at other Scottish teams then. If you don't like ours you must have a benchmark somewhere we could aspire to? I reckon you will find it hard to find a more loyal support anywhere else.

:agree: All of your posts above. Well said.

Chuck Rhoades
11-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Outsung by Falkirk.

Not impressive.

Cannot stand threads like this. Instead of criticising the support, why don't people get off their arse and sing? Sounded OK first half to me in East considering swirling wind.

Have to say though I only heard the Falkirk support when the ball hit the net three times.

Chuck Rhoades
11-01-2015, 11:36 AM

Do something about it then.

emerald green
11-01-2015, 11:54 AM

That will include the Rangers game too I suppose? :rolleyes:

R11Loaded
11-01-2015, 12:08 PM
That will include the Rangers game too I suppose? :rolleyes:

I was working that day, and I recorded it and watched on TV and we were singing loud whereas they sang for 5 minutes after half time. But the atmosphere at easter road at times is so boring. Other teams must love it

ZSdoom
11-01-2015, 12:15 PM
I was working that day, and I recorded it and watched on TV and we were singing loud whereas they sang for 5 minutes after half time. But the atmosphere at easter road at times is so boring. Other teams must love it

If it's that boring then why aren't you trying to do something about it? Naw, you'll do nothing and just ****ing complain

marinello59
11-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Cannot stand threads like this. Instead of criticising the support, why don't people get off their arse and sing? Sounded OK first half to me in East considering swirling wind.

Have to say though I only heard the Falkirk support when the ball hit the net three times.

Since90+2
11-01-2015, 12:16 PM

Its partly down to the fact the stadium is now 50% empty (or full whichever way you want to look at it). I know its been done to the death but if we are being honest the stadium is simply too big for our needs in 90% of games.

Its also down to the fact some fans expect other people to create the atmosphere. Can I ask if you actively contribute to creating a better atmosphere or do you expect others to and then join in at times?

R11Loaded
11-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Its partly down to the fact the stadium is now 50% empty (or full whichever way you want to look at it). I know its been done to the death but if we are being honest the stadium is simply too big for our needs in 90% of games.

Its also down to the fact some fans expect other people to create the atmosphere. Can I ask if you actively contribute to creating a better atmosphere or do you expect others to and then join in at times?

Everytime people try to start a chant that isn't from the wee section at the front of the east I don't see it catching on, they're literally the only ones who seem to be able to generate an atmosphere

R11Loaded
11-01-2015, 12:19 PM
If it's that boring then why aren't you trying to do something about it? Naw, you'll do nothing and just ****ing complain

What do you expect me to do? I join in with the chants when I can make it I just don't see most people doing so.

emerald green
11-01-2015, 12:37 PM

So what if the Huns were belting out their awful stuff at ER for 5 minutes? That's nothing new, and you are talking about 3,500 of them, many boozed up to the eyeballs.

Hibs had the largest attendance in Scotland yesterday on a horrible freezing cold day.

Do you have any idea what the atmosphere was like at some of the other matches played in Scotland yesterday in front of dismally low crowds. I caught some of St Mirren v Aberdeen on TV and it was like a morgue. I bet it was a scintillating atmosphere at the likes of Kilmarnock v ICT too in front of 2,000 frozen folk.

What do you mean by "other teams must love it"? It's well known other teams like playing at ER as it's such a great place to come and play football.

Bishop Hibee
11-01-2015, 12:43 PM

Spot on. I'd also add the support is still fragile given the poor home form over the last few seasons. As better players are brought in and we win more home games so the support will feed off that.

scoopyboy
11-01-2015, 12:43 PM

At the moment our stadium is a bit big for the crowds we are getting in this league.

However if we can get to where we want to be then I don't think our stadium will be too big.

I would like nothing better in years to come than a thread saying our stadium is too small.

silverhibee
11-01-2015, 12:45 PM

It has got worse since the club decided to move the group away from the middle of sec 43.

silverhibee
11-01-2015, 12:49 PM

And once again, well said PB.

Borderhibbie76
11-01-2015, 12:59 PM
And once again, well said PB.

100% agree our support in no different to any other in the country and the fact we got near 10k yesterday on a horrific day the second weekend in Jan, given what we have gone thru as a support over the last few years is immense. Some booed at FT which i personally thought was a bit OTT but i can understand the frustration at having watched us throw away a 2 goal lead.
incidentally credit to Fontaine and Robbo, the only 2 players who bothered to applaud the fans at FT...where was our so called captain??

FranckSuzy
11-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Regarding the atmosphere/crowd....it's January, people are skint after Christmas, most folk don't get paid until the end of the month (and for some, like me, it's a 5 week month :rolleyes:), we've just had games v The Rangers and Hearts to pay for and folk may be low/depressed because of the weather/cold. It's hardly surprising there wasn't a carnival vibe out there, IMHO :greengrin

Keith_M
11-01-2015, 01:10 PM
I'm not going to claim there was a loud and raucous support at the game yesterday but....

...Isn't it funny that we almost always have a thread on here criticising the support after a poor result (or display).

Is it possible there's a link between the two?

:hmmm:

We also get people who long for the days when we had a fantastic atmosphere every week, either in the old East or on the terracing.

Breaking News: Those days never actually existed! --- We've always had lots of games where the atmosphere was flat interspersed with a match or two where it was amazing...almost always linked to a game where we won.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-01-2015, 02:48 PM
We cant always rely on the Sect 43 boys to create an atmosphere, more folk should join in and keep the singing going on throughout the game and not just parts. Personally would love it if we could keep up the same atmosphere as the Rangers and Hearts games at every home game.

All in all I think our support is brilliant but we as fans need to make it more intimidating for opposing teams when they come here (not just against Hearts and Rangers either).

Crystal Palace fans are a good example. If we could emulate the atmosphere they make opposing teams would brick it and our players would get a massive boost.

Let's start this next week vs Cowdenbeath?

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2015, 03:55 PM
We cant always rely on the Sect 43 boys to create an atmosphere, more folk should join in and keep the singing going on throughout the game and not just parts. Personally would love it if we could keep up the same atmosphere as the Rangers and Hearts games at every home game.

All in all I think our support is brilliant but we as fans need to make it more intimidating for opposing teams when they come here (not just against Hearts and Rangers either).

Crystal Palace fans are a good example. If we could emulate the atmosphere they make opposing teams would brick it and our players would get a massive boost.

Let's start this next week vs Cowdenbeath?

GGTTH

Brilliant idea, first we need to get the singing section into the famous 5. :timebomb:

11-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Regarding the atmosphere/crowd....it's January, people are skint after Christmas, most folk don't get paid until the end of the month (and for some, like me, it's a 5 week month :rolleyes:), we've just had games v The Rangers and Hearts to pay for and folk may be low/depressed because of the weather/cold. It's hardly surprising there wasn't a carnival vibe out there, IMHO :greengrin

Exactly. A very cold, dreak January game. Don't know about everyone else but my hands and feet were totally numb. We came out in miserable weather to support our team when it would have been very easy just to stay warm at home so just because the place wasn't absolutely bouncing doesn't mean the fans were any less behind the team.

Keith_M
11-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Brilliant idea, first we need to get the singing section into the famous 5. :timebomb:

Need to start by chucking out the kids, OAPs and students from the FF Front. They contribute very little to the atmosphere at games...

:duck:

Hermit Crab
11-01-2015, 05:18 PM

Agree. First we need to covert the F5 lower to safe standing.

Mikey
11-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Agree. First we need to covert the F5 lower to safe standing.

I'm all for safe standing, but not at the expense of a player that would help get us out of this league. And that's where the money would come from!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Not a big fan of Andy Gillies but he I am a fan of this...

Ok so I'm gonna put this out there, as controversial as it may be to some of you...

There are some fans who are so concerned about "them" that when we have a bad game we boo and jeer our players.... And I don't get it.

I admire Hearts fans! Hate them obviously, but do have to admire the support they give they're team! If things go right they fill the stadium and cheer the team.... If things go wrong??... They fill the stadium and cheer the team!!

Now YES! we have endured sooooo much as hibs fans it's not funny. But it's obvious to fans in other countries who can't make games live that big changes are happening... So why can't those that attend games see it?

Now please don't say "I pay my money to watch them I can boo them" cause that old chestnut doesn't wash with me tbh!

We have gone on a great run, yet the instant something doesn't go right..... We boo!?? Seriously?

I am very good friends with a hearts player who will remain nameless and he said to me last year something that just stuck with me.... "our fans know we are doomed to relegation and yet they still turn up and lift the players right till the end, it's an amazing feeling"!

I know some of you have veins popping now and only read to the point I said I have some admiration for hearts fans but seriously if you've read this far just let what he said sink in for a min.....

We are a team in transition (there's that word again, but this time we can see it to be true)

For God's sake let's get behind them, cheer them and support them.... People make mistakes, players make mistakes and fans make mistakes.... Let's put it behind us, move on and support our boys in green and white right up to promotion!!

If you think a player is not good enough, so be it, but cheer him anyway while he wears the jersey!! In Stubbsy we should trust and HE is the man that will criticise and tell players they are not good enough.... I have faith in that!

GGTTH... THEN... NOW.... FOREVER!!
Comment

iwasthere1972
11-01-2015, 06:01 PM

Ok so I'm gonna put this out there, as controversial as it may be to some of you...

There are some fans who are so concerned about "them" that when we have a bad game we boo and jeer our players.... And I don't get it.

I admire Hearts fans! Hate them obviously, but do have to admire the support they give they're team! If things go right they fill the stadium and cheer the team.... If things go wrong??... They fill the stadium and cheer the team!!

Now YES! we have endured sooooo much as hibs fans it's not funny. But it's obvious to fans in other countries who can't make games live that big changes are happening... So why can't those that attend games see it?

Now please don't say "I pay my money to watch them I can boo them" cause that old chestnut doesn't wash with me tbh!

We have gone on a great run, yet the instant something doesn't go right..... We boo!?? Seriously?

I am very good friends with a hearts player who will remain nameless and he said to me last year something that just stuck with me.... "our fans know we are doomed to relegation and yet they still turn up and lift the players right till the end, it's an amazing feeling"!

I know some of you have veins popping now and only read to the point I said I have some admiration for hearts fans but seriously if you've read this far just let what he said sink in for a min.....

We are a team in transition (there's that word again, but this time we can see it to be true)

For God's sake let's get behind them, cheer them and support them.... People make mistakes, players make mistakes and fans make mistakes.... Let's put it behind us, move on and support our boys in green and white right up to promotion!!

If you think a player is not good enough, so be it, but cheer him anyway while he wears the jersey!! In Stubbsy we should trust and HE is the man that will criticise and tell players they are not good enough.... I have faith in that!

Comment

This Tynecastle home fans atmosphere stuff is a load of nonsense and a total myth. You would think by the way that the Jambos and media speak that it's all out singing and getting behind the cheats for the entire 90 minutes. In recent times when we've played them at that dump the only time they sang was either at the start of the match or if they scored.

Tell that to your Jambo mate.

P.S. FWIW I've never booed a Hibs player or the team as I'm sure it just has a negative effect.

SaulGoodman
11-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Hearts fans don't fill the stadium and cheer when they get beat? Anyone remember two seasons ago?

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Comment

What a complete pile of sheite, if we'd had 100s of millions of pounds pumped into us and had teams that were winning virtually every derby, plus winning cups and playing in Europe every season, we'd be filling our stadium too.

And if after spending everyone else's money bar our own, the club was to suddenly find itself facing bankruptcy, and a chance we would be no more, we'd also back the club with our money and out attendance every week.

Never give them poppy thieves any credit.

iwasthere1972
11-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Hearts fans don't fill the stadium and cheer when they get beat? Anyone remember two seasons ago?

They only sing when they're winning.

SaulGoodman
11-01-2015, 06:08 PM
They only sing when they're winning.

:agree: As do most sets of football fans.

emerald green
11-01-2015, 06:13 PM

Sorry, but that's not the case. If things go wrong they let them know about it, just like any other set of football supporters. I've been at games at Tynecastle and heard them do just that. Many times.

There have been times when their attendances slumped to as low as around 3/4,000. They were playing badly and they deserted in droves.

It's only in recent couple of seasons they have had to "step up to the plate" to basically save their club from going out of existence. By buying season tickets in never known before numbers, as well as paying DDs on top. It's a fairly recent thing which was forced upon them.

If Hibs were winning as many games as HOMFC, Easter Road would be full too. Do you really believe they would be getting attendances that they are getting if they were losing? If so that's unbelievably naive IMHO.

Hearts fans are nothing special. Nothing to admire. What I don't get is the frequent Hearts appreciation society on a Hibs fans forum.

emerald green
11-01-2015, 06:15 PM
What a complete pile of sheite, if we'd had 100s of millions of pounds pumped into us and had teams that were winning virtually every derby, plus winning cups and playing in Europe every season, we'd be filling our stadium too.

And if after spending everyone else's money bar our own, the club was to suddenly find itself facing bankruptcy, and a chance we would be no more, we'd also back the club with our money and out attendance every week.

:agree: See also my post above.

MSK
11-01-2015, 06:56 PM

CommentAndy is registered on here ..Im sure he could have posted that guff himself ..

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2015, 07:00 PM

they were quite impressive throughout

Pretty Boy
11-01-2015, 07:06 PM

Comment

The Hearts comparison is woeful.

He obviously wasn't at Tynecastle last week as barring 5 minutes after they scored there wasn't a peep from them, apart from a bit of moaning and groaning when passes went astray.

If you can be bothered have a look on Kickback after any Hearts game. There's almost always a thread moaning about their 'singing section' or bemoaning a lack of atmosphere.

Seems Andy is so 'concerned about them' he's making up stories to prove a non existent point.

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2015, 07:06 PM

Comment

oh aye they gave their team fantastic backing in the recent game against us, but only when they eventually scored a goal and even then only two songs or sommit :rolleyes: barely heard them the entire 2nd half....admire them ?? lmao naw

silverhibee
11-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Load of PISH Andy.

Only last season there fans were booing and giving the young team that they were playing at the time a hard time, the whole 5000 that were turning up.

More pish from Andy, just like his rumours. :aok:

F*** the h****s

Poppy thieving tramps.

DaveF
11-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Load of PISH Andy.

A load of attention seeking 'look at me' pish.

What a slaver. (him, not you :greengrin)

emerald green
11-01-2015, 07:17 PM

I've not been a member of Hibs.net for all that long compared to some others, but that was one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen to date, and there have been some crackers.

Since90+2
11-01-2015, 07:22 PM
The Hearts support at the Derby was shocking.

For a team romping the league they should be embarrassed at the backing they gave their team that day. If that is their support at a derby game I can only imagine how quiet it must be in a run of the mill game.

Pete
11-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Who is Andy Gillies when he is at home? Never heard of him.

He's free to admire whoever he likes but he's looking at things through maroon tinted specs.

Maybe he's that impressionable that he's actually started to believe all their crap. What will he tell us next? That they are huge and we are irrelevant?

SteveHFC
11-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Who is Andy Gillies when he is at home? Never heard of him.

He's free to admire whoever he likes but he's looking at things through maroon tinted specs.

Maybe he's that impressionable that he's actually started to believe all their crap. What will he tell us next? That they are huge and we are irrelevant?

He runs the Hibernian FC News and Transfer Rumours page on Facebook.

LaMotta
11-01-2015, 08:37 PM

Agreed - you need fans close together. I would prefer that we sold season tickets and tickets for the bottom tiers of the FF and the West first for games to cut out the gaps between fans. I appreciate it is v unlikely to happen as nobody who sits upstairs in a decent central seat would want to move.

The Hearts support at the Derby was shocking.

For a team romping the league they should be embarrassed at the backing they gave their team that day. If that is their support at a derby game I can only imagine how quiet it must be in a run of the mill game.

Hearts fan at my work who has a season ticket at Tynie said he thought the Hibs fans were brilliant last week, jumping up and down and making a racket.

HappyAsHellas
11-01-2015, 08:46 PM
The brilliant yam support sat on it's collective backside after about two minutes into the derby game. One song or two after their goal and that was about it. Now the Hibs fans on the other hand......that's what is known as supporting your team.

Waxy
11-01-2015, 10:42 PM
So cold yesterday it kinda puts everyone in a foul mood. Nobody likes to slowly freeze. I blame weather.

R11Loaded
11-01-2015, 11:11 PM
This Tynecastle home fans atmosphere stuff is a load of nonsense and a total myth. You would think by the way that the Jambos and media speak that it's all out singing and getting behind the cheats for the entire 90 minutes. In recent times when we've played them at that dump the only time they sang was either at the start of the match or if they scored.

Tell that to your Jambo mate.

P.S. FWIW I've never booed a Hibs player or the team as I'm sure it just has a negative effect.

Hearts stadium is a total library aswell, shockingly quiet, fans think that a few neds pretending to be hard or nazis is a great atmosphere.

silverhibee
11-01-2015, 11:36 PM

Aye, just as well :casper: :thumbsup:

Keith_M
12-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Agreed - you need fans close together. I would prefer that we sold season tickets and tickets for the bottom tiers of the FF and the West first for games to cut out the gaps between fans. I appreciate it is v unlikely to happen as nobody who sits upstairs in a decent central seat would want to move.

I agree with this completely.

I think it would make a big difference if we closed part or all of the West Upper and the FF Upper.

The issue is that this has been raised before and some people that have been in the FF Upper for years, understandably, didn't want to move.

Oscar T Grouch
12-01-2015, 01:18 PM
I never sung at all on Saturday, I did clap at appropriate times, but this made the sound of two blocks of ice smashing together and wasn't very loud. I did however jump about like a 5 yo when we scored. As people have said before, it was a freezing cold afternoon 2 weeks into a long January, after 2 major games and against, what looks like oor bogey team this year. I am surprised we got 9K+ tbh and I thought the ones who turned up did well.

I used to try and defend Andy Gillies as he came across as a decent enough Hibee, when I first came across him, I now officially take back any support I gave the idiot, I have no respect for their support, they aren't as loud as us, they aren't as classy as us, they're not as good looking as us, they wear a sh!!tty colour and they drink oot puddles. They are the antitheses of a Hibs support, I have had the "pleasure" of sitting with them watching them draw with Dunfermline and if you think our support gives our players pelters, you know nothing, wishing cancer on your own players, screaming at players as to what they'll do to their wives next time they see them, they really are a horrible and classless bunch of humans. I use the term humans very loosely here btw!

LaMotta
12-01-2015, 01:37 PM

I think it would make a big difference if we closed part or all of the West Upper and the FF Upper.

The issue is that this has been raised before and some people that have been in the FF Upper for years, understandably, didn't want to move.

Maybe it could be trialed in a cup game, although again a season ticket holder from an upper tier with a cup top up would tell me to bugger off.

Im not as keen on sitting in the upper tiers me-self, feel a bit detached from the action and also means the hate filled vitriol I shout at the players is less likely to be heard by them.

12-01-2015, 01:55 PM

Agreed. No admiration for a team that has stolen and conned millions from charities, small businesses etc etc to cheat their way to success and fuel their pathetic little delusion that they are "the big team" whilst the rest of us have played by the rules. Hearts fans have been spoilt because of their clubs utterly shameful behaviour. They managed to squirm themselves out the ***** and are back giving it the big un, giving a big two fingers up to everybody they stole from and cheated. They are a vile, grotty little club with absolutely no shame whatsoever. Budge going on about the club having dignity and morals? hahahahaha never heard a more ridiculous thing in my life, hearts wouldn't know dignity and morals if it came up and bit them on the arse! A club truly rotten to the core, from the boardroom to the fans.

Admire them? Do I ****.

kaimendhibs
12-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Agreed. No admiration for a team that has stolen and conned millions from charities, small businesses etc etc to cheat their way to success and fuel their pathetic little delusion that they are "the big team" whilst the rest of us have played by the rules. Hearts fans have been spoilt because of their clubs utterly shameful behaviour. They managed to squirm themselves out the ***** and are back giving it the big un, giving a big two fingers up to everybody they stole from and cheated. They are a vile, grotty little club with absolutely no shame whatsoever. Budge going on about the club having dignity and morals? hahahahaha never heard a more ridiculous thing in my life, hearts wouldn't know dignity and morals if it came up and bit them on the arse! A club truly rotten to the core, from the boardroom to the fans.

Admire them? Do I ****.

10/10. Pointed the same out recently to a yam who got all offended!!

Pete
12-01-2015, 03:38 PM

The lower deck isn't a nice place when there's freezing gales and snow or when it's raining.

We should be shutting the lower decks if anything.

Brightside
12-01-2015, 03:43 PM
The lower deck isn't a nice place when there's freezing gales and snow or when it's raining.

No thanks.

Pete
12-01-2015, 03:54 PM
No thanks.

I'm sure those being forced out of their shelter would say exactly the same.

We shouldn't be shutting any part of the ground. Maybe the Dunbar lower.

Keith_M
12-01-2015, 06:18 PM

Only if we wanted the atmosphere to be even worse.

LaMotta
13-01-2015, 12:34 AM

What's more important though - improving the atmosphere or keeping a bunch of pansies warm? :)

NAE NOOKIE
13-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Singing section FF lower is the only answer.

As for Saturday ... it was Baltic and I guess most folk were too cold to sing without the motivation of a hated rival to get them going. When you look at the rubbish crowds some teams are getting just now we are beyond reproach as far as I am concerned.

On that note ... just how long can a club like Killie stay full time on crowds under 3,000 ?

ColintonHibs
13-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Been contemplating posting this for a while as cba with people arguing with me but i was sitting in the FF end of the east for the Hibs v rangers 4-0 game and the atmosphere was terrible even at 4-0!! Why don't you guys bother singing? Seemed like it was only me and felt so daft so just stopped