PDA

View Full Version : David Gray

3pm
10-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Huge miss.

2 of the goals conceded in his area. Not a criticism of Booth I hasten to add.

Heisenberg
10-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Booth isn't good enough though. Need cover signed as soon as possible.

andrew70
10-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Boothy done little wrong but we have to sign a right back this week just to give us much needed balance. Also hope Jordon Forster comes back sooner rather than later

SMAXXA
10-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Booth was terrible appreciate he's left sided but he was very poor today, couldn't put a decent ball in with either foot. Should have switched him and Lewis.

God Petrie
10-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Booth was awful, to be frank. A great game against hertz but rank today.

Andy74
10-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Booth was brutal. Big miss. Right back needed asap

Tonez
10-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Hibs are in for a RB from a Spl team. Emergency loan as far as I know. All I can say I'm afraid

Brightside
10-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Boothy done little wrong but we have to sign a right back this week just to give us much needed balance. Also hope Jordon Forster comes back sooner rather than later

Have to disagree. He is constantly out of position...closer to the opposition goal line that our goal line! we basically played with 3 at the back for large parts of the game.

Iain G
10-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Have to disagree. He is constantly out of position...closer to the opposition goal line that our goal line! we basically played with 3 at the back for large parts of the game.

Repeatedly checked back onto his left when a natural right footed full back would have got a cross in or at least pushed past the opposing full back on the outside. This lost us natural width and disrupted our rhythm.

He seemed a yard slow in reacting too, I appreciate he hasn't started a lot of games and is left footed, but he is not the solution at back up right back. Did think swapping him and Lewis around may have been worth a try during the second half.

madhatter
10-01-2015, 06:04 PM
How far away is Forster from being back? Think he would be better cover right-back.

SMAXXA
10-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Repeatedly checked back onto his left when a natural right footed full back would have got a cross in or at least pushed past the opposing full back on the outside. This lost us natural width and disrupted our rhythm.

He seemed a yard slow in reacting too, I appreciate he hasn't started a lot of games and is left footed, but he is not the solution at back up right back. Did think swapping him and Lewis around may have been worth a try during the second half.

:agree: The 5 yard pass to Dylan all the time for him to whip it, he was brutal and I suspect he will leave this window.

BH Hibs
10-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Hibs are in for a RB from a Spl team. Emergency loan as far as I know. All I can say I'm afraid

Why would it be an emergency loan when we are within a transfer window?

marleyhib
10-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Think we would have won easy with Gray playing today, without him we still should have won.

TheFamous1875
10-01-2015, 06:20 PM

Darnell Fisher?

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2015, 06:21 PM

Why are you afraid?

The_Exile
10-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Kept running into trouble instead of taking the easy pass, bit of a liability defending but can see why he was played today, we need to be a bit more dynamic in the final third.

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Would have won that game with DG playing. Huge loss. Should have cruised it anyway. Our back 5 were all shambolic today

ancient hibee
10-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Boyle should have played wide right where he looks at home and Booth should have been left to defend-he's far too slow to get back.

Scottie
10-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Spill the beans mate.
Why emergency loan within a transfer window? Why you afraid ?

Luv these "In the know " people. :rolleyes:

JimBHibees
10-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Booth was brutal. Big miss. Right back needed asap

Agree totally.

andrew70
10-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Spill the beans mate.
Why emergency loan within a transfer window? Why you afraid ?

Luv these "In the know " people. :rolleyes:

To be fair Tonez is normally spot on with his info so I await the outcome of this.

I'd say that Hibs will look to sign a couple of defenders this week. Both right sided hopefully as the side was completely imbalanced today.

JimBHibees
10-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Why would it be an emergency loan when we are within a transfer window?

That would be my first thought.

andrew70
10-01-2015, 10:11 PM
That would be my first thought.

May just be a 60 or 93 day loan period that we go for in the knowledge that Gray will be back within that timeframe. Saves someone staying til the end of the season and not getting a game once Gray returns. Also permits us to sign other players on loan rather than using up our quota of loan signings for the matter of a few weeks.

JimBHibees
10-01-2015, 10:14 PM
May just be a 60 or 93 day loan period that we go for in the knowledge that Gray will be back within that timeframe. Saves someone staying til the end of the season and not getting a game once Gray returns. Also permits us to sign other players on loan rather than using up our quota of loan signings for the matter of a few weeks.

Ok fair enough.

California-Hibs
11-01-2015, 05:10 AM
So when does he go for his op or did he have it already through the week? How longs he out?

Brooster
11-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Forster is available for selection now, he was fit enough to play yesterday. David Gray gets his hernia operation tomorrow and is hoping to be back for Arbroath cup tie.

Big L
11-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Against herts the back4 in the second half were all left sided thats where Walker scored from , same back 4 sat all left sided, thats where all the trouble came from, Falkirk targeted that wing, we have needed cover at right back since the season started, and we need a keeper!

HibernianJK
11-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Against herts the back4 in the second half were all left sided thats where Walker scored from , same back 4 sat all left sided, thats where all the trouble came from, Falkirk targeted that wing, we have needed cover at right back since the season started, and we need a keeper!

Walked scored in the first half when Gray was playing.

Bishop Hibee
11-01-2015, 07:40 PM
Forster is available for selection now, he was fit enough to play yesterday. David Gray gets his hernia operation tomorrow and is hoping to be back for Arbroath cup tie.

Thanks for that. I'd play Forster at right back before Booth. Booth's positional sense defensively is awful.

Onceinawhile
11-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Thanks for that. I'd play Forster at right back before Booth. Booth's positional sense defensively is awful.

Forster also brings us a goal scoring threat from corners which we don't have when he's out.

Hope he's in from the start next week.

Col2
11-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Surprised it's taken a week to get his operation lined up given it must be private and he had openly talked about Derby being last game pre-op.

Arguably our best player this season. Fingers crossed he is back soon.

scoopyboy
11-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Surprised it's taken a week to get his operation lined up given it must be private and he had openly talked about Derby being last game pre-op.

Arguably our best player this season. Fingers crossed he is back soon.

His operation was lined up before the Tynecastle game.

After it Hibs tried to bring it forward but the surgeon wasn't available.

Col2
11-01-2015, 08:19 PM
His operation was lined up before the Tynecastle game.

After it Hibs tried to bring it forward but the surgeon wasn't available.

Makes sense cheers.

Stuarty27
11-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Fingers crossed he gets back soon,

Been a great signing, great attitude and has abit quality to go with it.

Gonna be a big miss especially at Palmerston.

erin go bragh
12-01-2015, 06:04 PM

Id like to see us playing 3 at the back . Forster on the Right ,Fontain in the middle , with Hanlon on the left . Unless we sign a RB before Sat .

Ggtth