PDA

View Full Version : Smoking?

rcarter1
10-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Hi fellow smokers!

I had understood that there were arrangements in place to allow smoking at half time. Does this still apply, and if so are there are specific parts of the ground where this applies?

Thanks in advance,

:cb

portycabbage
10-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Hi fellow smokers!

I had understood that there were arrangements in place to allow smoking at half time. Does this still apply, and if so are there are specific parts of the ground where this applies?

Thanks in advance,

Certainly applies in the East, think they may have introduced it in West/FF as well.

iwasthere1972
10-01-2015, 01:06 PM
Hi fellow smokers!

Thanks in advance,

Certainly in the FF as well. Had a wee puff at half time when we gave The Rangers a 4-0 gubbing.

patch1875
10-01-2015, 01:32 PM
We obviously need to review this , you can smoke in the showers at the Emirates.

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2015, 01:59 PM
We obviously need to review this , you can smoke in the showers at the Emirates.

Which showers? In the changing rooms?!

Pete
10-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Which showers? In the changing rooms?!

Yes. They charge you for the privilege though.

LaMotta
11-01-2015, 12:15 AM
Yes. They charge you for the privilege though.

And you also receive a lecture from an angry old Frenchman who will highlight the dangers of polluting your body in such a fashion :smokin

joebakerforever
11-01-2015, 01:43 AM
Certainly applies in the East, think they may have introduced it in West/FF as well.

Yet prior to kick off, announced over the PA that smoking was prohibited in all parts of the stadium :dunno:

iwasthere1972
11-01-2015, 02:55 AM
Yet prior to kick off, announced over the PA that smoking was prohibited in all parts of the stadium :dunno:

Smokers go outside the stadium. They have their cards scanned by staff and they re-enter the stadium through the turnstile and scan their card to get back in.

Good system and stops folk from smoking in the toilets.

iwasthere1972
11-01-2015, 07:11 PM
There's an opportunity there for smokers (or non smokers) to leg it up to Greggs at half time and grab some decent food. Probably quicker than standing in a queue in the stadium, plus you get a bit exercise done before tucking away a couple of steak bakes and a yum yum.

ColintonHibs
11-01-2015, 07:20 PM
If you can smoke outside why do some people feel the need to spark up in the toilets?

HappyAsHellas
11-01-2015, 07:36 PM
When the trial was first carried out in the East, I think all the hand held scanners were put to use there and it was fairly quick to get out. Now the other sections of the ground have the same system I think it's possible that it takes a bit longer to get out now as there are fewer scanners in each section. Presuming this is the case, some lazy sods might still try having a fag there as they can't be bothered with the queue. Just report them - can't see many smokers pleading their case for them, I certainly wouldn't.

bod
11-01-2015, 08:22 PM
There's an opportunity there for smokers (or non smokers) to leg it up to Greggs at half time and grab some decent food. Probably quicker than standing in a queue in the stadium, plus you get a bit exercise done before tucking away a couple of steak bakes and a yum yum.

i'll give you my order for the cowdungbeef game & let you keep the change for going

mca
11-01-2015, 08:29 PM
i'll give you my order for the cowdungbeef game & let you keep the change for going

RP or LD - Should just give Greggs the catering contract... I'm quite sure they could Fill a Corner of the Stadium.. :wink:

LaMotta
11-01-2015, 08:38 PM

I'm not really sure that Greggs can be described as decent food, but better and cheaper than the Easter Road stands for sure!

You are right though because I done it at the Rangers game, and got back to my seat for kick off with folk still standing in the queue for the pie stand.

iwasthere1972
11-01-2015, 08:56 PM
RP or LD - Should just give Greggs the catering contract... I'm quite sure they could Fill a Corner of the Stadium.. :wink:

Well they can certainly fill a corner of the stadium with what's on offer right now.

iwasthere1972
11-01-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm not really sure that Greggs can be described as decent food, but better and cheaper than the Easter Road stands for sure!

You are right though because I done it at the Rangers game, and got back to my seat for kick off with folk still standing in the queue for the pie stand.

:greengrin So it can be done. Send the kids at half time. :aok: