PDA

View Full Version : Media Cardiff to Wear Blue Again

FranckSuzy
09-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Really pleased for their fans :aok:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city/11335427/Cardiff-to-wear-blue-again-as-Vincent-Tan-caves-in-to-fan-protests.html

TheFamous1875
10-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Really pleased for their fans :aok:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/cardiff-city/11335427/Cardiff-to-wear-blue-again-as-Vincent-Tan-caves-in-to-fan-protests.html

Thank god. Ludicrous and thoughtlessly cruel move from their chairman anyway.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-01-2015, 06:37 AM
All a massive publicity stunt then at the expense of the fans and heritage of the club. Should have been part of a consultation process but football has increasingly been shown in recent years to be out of touch with the very lifeblood of the game - the fans.

green&left
10-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Probably more to do with the fact they're utter pish and the daft stupid red wearing noel hunts have buggered off as a result of that. Only 4k at their lost home match.

Delighted for their hardcore but still alot more turnmoil coming their way for the bluebirds. Sitting 12th in the championship, £120m in debt and still have an owner who makes mad Vlad look sane!

Keith_M
10-01-2015, 08:12 AM
I'm pleased common sense has prevailed.

Now, if we could just persuade Hibs to switch to a proper Hibs strip..........

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-01-2015, 08:32 AM
I guess that everyone that bought one of the red tops will be getting their money back?

Gus
10-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Fans now busy the blue strip ontop of the red one they purchased this season.

Classic Tan

ScottB
10-01-2015, 09:10 AM
I guess that everyone that bought one of the red tops will be getting their money back?

Aren't they just switching their home and away tops around?

jacomo
10-01-2015, 09:35 AM

I would be astonished if the 2015-16 home strip does not revert to a very literal interpretation of the emerald green / white sleeves combo. LD is not dumb, and this seasons strip (and the cynical 'famous five' marketing campaign around it) was a wrong turn.

FranckSuzy
10-01-2015, 10:00 AM
I would be astonished if the 2015-16 home strip does not revert to a very literal interpretation of the emerald green / white sleeves combo. LD is not dumb, and this seasons strip (and the cynical 'famous five' marketing campaign around it) was a wrong turn.

It's our 140th anniversary too :wink: :greengrin

Greencore
10-01-2015, 11:10 AM

Why would they?

Eyrie
10-01-2015, 11:35 AM
It's our 140th anniversary too :wink: :greengrin

Tempting to reclaim our original kit from the thieving soapdodgers but I want our classic look back.

nellio
10-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Cardiff fan all my life. Live in Edinburgh now though and a firm Hibbee.

the change to red divided the club and destroyed it. Although we did make it to the premiership the arguments in the home and away end were bonkers and it was bittersweet with the whole Malky scenario.

At at the end of the day Tan could have been a hero and a legend but changed the colour of the shirt and changed the badge trying to remove the bluebird in its entirety. The only reason given is simply because red is lucky in Malaysia.

As someone else said we only had 4k last game plus there is very slow take up on season tickets so his hand was forced to change us back simply because the club was dying.

Back in blue today and long May it continue, although we are Welsh and are proud of that as a cardiff fan our identity is the bluebird.

im sure you guys would understand. if when Tom Farmer saved the club that if his conditions were that hibs now play in blue and the badge would be a thistle there would quite rightly be uproar. That's what happened to us.

nellio
10-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Oh and no one buys any of the red merchandise either. Another reason his hand was forced to turn us back to blue. Plus Tan now makes our kits himself and tried to get rid of match day programmes. There are no programme sellers at the ground you have to get the from merchandise hut inside. He doesn't understand the history and traditions of football and simply sees us as customers rather than fans with emotional attachment.

jacomo
10-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Oh and no one buys any of the red merchandise either. Another reason his hand was forced to turn us back to blue. Plus Tan now makes our kits himself and tried to get rid of match day programmes. There are no programme sellers at the ground you have to get the from merchandise hut inside. He doesn't understand the history and traditions of football and simply sees us as customers rather than fans with emotional attachment.

I think most football fans are with you tbh. Although there are those in every support who will just do what they are told.

As an aside, do you think this return to blue would have happened if you had avoided relegation last season? Seems to me that Tan has been forced onto the back foot after a disastrous 12 months.

nellio
10-01-2015, 04:24 PM
I think most football fans are with you tbh. Although there are those in every support who will just do what they are told.

As an aside, do you think this return to blue would have happened if you had avoided relegation last season? Seems to me that Tan has been forced onto the back foot after a disastrous 12 months.

If we had stayed up we would still be red. We had a lot of fans turning up because they wanted to see Liverpool etc. where are those fans now we've been relegated? Back in their houses watching liverpool on TV most likely. The money teams get for being in the prem is unreal and tan would not have needed to change us back but following relegation everything changed and they glory hunters dissapeared.

We won today 1-0 as well. I was at ER watching our appalling defense and suspect goalkeeper!

jacomo
10-01-2015, 05:17 PM
If we had stayed up we would still be red. We had a lot of fans turning up because they wanted to see Liverpool etc. where are those fans now we've been relegated? Back in their houses watching liverpool on TV most likely. The money teams get for being in the prem is unreal and tan would not have needed to change us back but following relegation everything changed and they glory hunters dissapeared.

We won today 1-0 as well. I was at ER watching our appalling defense and suspect goalkeeper!

And our promising young striker get a hat trick too! :greengrin

nellio
11-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Indeed pal, most definitely a positive!

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Cardiff fan all my life. Live in Edinburgh now though and a firm Hibbee.

the change to red divided the club and destroyed it. Although we did make it to the premiership the arguments in the home and away end were bonkers and it was bittersweet with the whole Malky scenario.

At at the end of the day Tan could have been a hero and a legend but changed the colour of the shirt and changed the badge trying to remove the bluebird in its entirety. The only reason given is simply because red is lucky in Malaysia.

As someone else said we only had 4k last game plus there is very slow take up on season tickets so his hand was forced to change us back simply because the club was dying.

Back in blue today and long May it continue, although we are Welsh and are proud of that as a cardiff fan our identity is the bluebird.

im sure you guys would understand. if when Tom Farmer saved the club that if his conditions were that hibs now play in blue and the badge would be a thistle there would quite rightly be uproar. That's what happened to us.

Wouldn't bother me, i think its time for a change in fact its long overdue. Green does not really go with anything, and when out casually, a nice dark blue top would look better with jeans and trainers in my opinion.

hibbymick
11-01-2015, 06:25 PM
[/B]

Wouldn't bother me, i think its time for a change in fact its long overdue. Green does not really go with anything, and when out casually, a nice dark blue top would look better with jeans and trainers in my opinion.

:greengrin:fishin:

nellio
13-01-2015, 01:12 PM
:greengrin:fishin:

Nice try :greengrin

Diclonius
13-01-2015, 01:41 PM

I'd much prefer a bottle green/white sleeves top like the one we wore in 2012-13. That was the best Hibs top I've ever seen.

J-C
13-01-2015, 04:34 PM
We wore the full bottle green till he 20's when the white sleeves came in, something to do with Arsenal IIRC

SunshineOnLeith
13-01-2015, 04:54 PM

Difference is a lot of Hibs fans like the bottle green. The crabbies one was an absolute belter, even if this year's is rubbish.

3pm
13-01-2015, 05:03 PM
[/B]

On the Private Members Private Members of secrecy board, there are quite a few folk that say none of your gear really goes with anything....it's actually the only thing that's not a secret! :o)

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2015, 05:37 PM
On the Private Members Private Members of secrecy board, there are quite a few folk that say none of your gear really goes with anything....it's actually the only thing that's not a secret! :o)

Rumbled, now you can see why a change in colour is so important. :wink: