PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Afternoon - The Kinks

offshorehibby
09-01-2015, 09:44 AM
Just back from a we jaunt down to London. Went to see Memphis on Tuesday night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then came Sunny Afternoon the following evening. I thought this was just going be the usual London show based on the Kinks music. It was basically the story of the kinks.

Not sure if it was musicians doing a bit of acting or actors playing the instruments. Whatever it was it was best i've seen an a while. The guys playing the Kinks were superb.

If your in London into your music and looking for a show you'll not go wrong here.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hibrandenburg
09-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Just back from a we jaunt down to London. Went to see Memphis on Tuesday night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then came Sunny Afternoon the following evening. I thought this was just going be the usual London show based on the Kinks music. It was basically the story of the kinks.

Not sure if it was musicians doing a bit of acting or actors playing the instruments. Whatever it was it was best i've seen an a while. The guys playing the Kinks were superb.

If your in London into your music and looking for a show you'll not go wrong here.

:thumbsup:

Saw the Kinks back in 83 at the Reading Rock Festival. They headlined the Sunday night with their first concert in years and were having so much fun that the organizers had trouble getting them off the stage. Was one of the best live gigs I've witnessed.

Or was it 81, oh the fogs of time. :greengrin

wpj
18-01-2015, 10:00 PM

Saw it a couple of months ago, agree it is fantastic