PDA

View Full Version : James Collins

hibbymick
08-01-2015, 07:07 PM
on sky sports 1. Luton v shrews, he is up against one of the fattest centre backs I've seen playing .

Lago
08-01-2015, 07:12 PM
on sky sports 1. Luton v shrews, he is up against one of the fattest centre backs I've seen playing .
Use to watch Luton when I lived down in that part of the world, nice club.

The_Exile
08-01-2015, 07:14 PM

Steve McNulty? Legend!!

hibbymick
08-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Steve McNulty? Legend!!

Aye that's him.........cracking pair o thruppeny bits.

LaMotta
08-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Collins' shot there nearly hit the moon!

Spike Mandela
08-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Averages roughly a goal every 3 games during his career, nearly 1 in 2 currently at Shrewsbury.

Only managed 1 every 6 gsmes at Hibs.

hibbymick
08-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Averages roughly a goal every 3 games during his career, nearly 1 in 2 currently at Shrewsbury.

Only managed 1 every 6 gsmes at Hibs.

The standard of this game is terrible.

S4uzee
08-01-2015, 07:55 PM
He's still honking, would never fit into an AS team

LaMotta
08-01-2015, 07:57 PM
He's still honking, would never fit into an AS team

Just mis-controlled a 10 yard pass then theatrically flung himself to the ground (without a touch from the defender) looking for a free kick.

All too familiar.

hibbymick
08-01-2015, 08:00 PM
To be fair to him ..his strike partner Akpa is rank rotten.

LaMotta
08-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Just about scored, hitting the bar with a shanked mis-hit cross! - His closest effort yet!

The_Exile
08-01-2015, 08:04 PM
McNulty just wiped him out, haha!

hibbymick
08-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Just about scored, hitting the bar with a shanked mis-hit cross! - His closest effort yet!

:greengrin some strike.

Stockley looks decent.

The_Exile
08-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Tell you what, McNulty looks so commanding at the back, he can fairly shift for a big lad and he reads the game superbly.

Stuarty27
08-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Whenever I see him or guys like Mcgivern or Nelson I get a horrible feeling in my stomach!!

James Collins was one of the worst centre forwards Ive ever seen at Easter Road and was one of the reasons we were relegated!

Cant believe we actually paid a fee for him

LaMotta
08-01-2015, 08:07 PM
:greengrin some strike.

Stockley looks decent.

:agree: He does look good.

My money on Luton isn't looking too clever right now though:rolleyes:

hibbymick
08-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Tell you what, McNulty looks so commanding at the back, he can fairly shift for a big lad and he reads the game superbly.

I'm struggling to take him seriously due to the size of him.

hibbymick
08-01-2015, 08:18 PM

Stuarty27
08-01-2015, 08:21 PM
What about that shot there !!

If that doesny sum him up...

LaMotta
Collins shot again, from inside the box - goes out for a thrown in would you believe :shocked:

hibbymick

LaMotta
08-01-2015, 08:24 PM

Have you swallowed a parrot? :greengrin

hibbymick
08-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Damn mobile phone...........

That shot sums him up for me. Absolute murder.

leggeto
08-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Hope he does ok ,never worked out at us but covered every blade of grass every game,just lacked the ability

Stuarty27
A shot that goes out for a throw in and he looks around to blame some1 else...

You would never tire of punching him in the puss, got one of those faces

The_Exile
It's the taking part that counts James.............

Heisenberg
08-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Whenever I see him or guys like Mcgivern or Nelson I get a horrible feeling in my stomach!!

James Collins was one of the worst centre forwards Ive ever seen at Easter Road and was one of the reasons we were relegated!

Cant believe we actually paid a fee for him

Fenlon signed some utter duds right enough. So glad we are rid of them now.

cameronw-hfc
08-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Like the look of Shrewsburys keeper! Few good saves

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Desperation signing after first Leigh, then Taylor fell through. It showed.

Stuarty27
08-01-2015, 08:36 PM
James Collins scored 6 goals in 40 games for Hibs and Paul Heffernan has scored 5goals in 30 games for us.

No wonder we were relegated

Greentinted
08-01-2015, 08:38 PM

Makes Hertz new gadge look like the Slimcea Girl. Jesus!

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 08:39 PM
I thought he was harshly treated by a lot of the fans. He was still our top scoring striker last season!

He missed 3 or 4 good chances but unfortunately didn't get a chance a few minutes later to make up for it. We only created one chance every 3 weeks.

One thing that can't be said is he didn't try hard - folk having a pop at him are out of order.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Makes Hertz new gadge look like the Slimcea Girl. Jesus!

FFS! Looks like Alan McLaren playing in a legends match!

oneone73
08-01-2015, 08:41 PM
I thought he was harshly treated by a lot of the fans. He was still our top scorer last season!

He missed 3 or 4 good chances but unfortunately didn't get a chance a few minutes later to make up for it. We only created one chance every 3 weeks.

One thing that can't be said is he didn't try hard - folk having a pop at him are out of order.

Agreed.

Stuarty27
08-01-2015, 08:47 PM
folk having a pop at him are out of order.

This is coming from the guy who consistently has a pop at Scott Allan, our best player in years for "not doing enough"

You need your head looked at mate.

rcarter1
08-01-2015, 08:48 PM
I thought he was harshly treated by a lot of the fans. He was still our top scoring striker last season!

:faf:

You are bringing back some grim memories...

The_Exile
08-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Ach it's all in jest, no question he gave us everything,, just didn't work out considering the style of hoofball we were playing.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 08:49 PM
This is coming from the guy who consistently has a pop at Scott Allan, our best player in year for "not doing enough"

You need your head looked at mate.

Have a look at what consistently means.

Your post helps me understand why you don't get my point though.

Stuarty27
08-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Have a look at what consistently means.

Your post helps me understand why you don't get my point though.

Heard you complain numerous times about a player who genuinely has abit class about him but you will defend a player like James Collins??

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Heard you complain numerous times about a player who genuinely has abit class about him but you will defend a player like James Collins.

Numerous times after the same match? Or consistently week after week?

Stuarty27
08-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Numerous times after the same match? Or consistently week after week?

On several different threads?

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Heard you complain numerous times about a player who genuinely has abit class about him but you will defend a player like James Collins??

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting more from a player that shows promise.

I also don't like players being made the scapegoat and that's why you'll find me consistently attempting to defend Collins and Craig on here over the last year.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 08:57 PM
On several different threads?

Not grasping your point?

Stuarty27
08-01-2015, 09:00 PM
My point being, you have a "pop" at Scott Allan who has abit of class about him but complain when other people criticise a player who scored 6 goals in 40 games for us and was absolutely horrendous most week. He didn't give too hoots when we were relegated.

Not sure how that's hard to understand.

BSEJVT
08-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Collins is and was an absolutely pitiful excuse for a footballer.

He was about as mobile as my settee and about as fit as Nade at his Jambo worst.

An utterly appalling signing who like a few of his colleagues of that time liked the bright lights if George Street too much.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 09:04 PM
My point being, you have a "pop" at Scott Allan who has abit of class about him but complain when other people criticise a player who scored 6 goals in 40 games for us and was absolutely horrendous most week. He didn't give too hoots when we were relegated.

I think it's because you appear to find it hard to express what you mean?

See my post above for a short explanation.

Stuarty27
08-01-2015, 09:07 PM
I think it's because you appear to find it hard to express what you mean?

See my post above for a short explanation.

Are you broken?

Away to your bed

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Are you broken?

Away to your bed

:hilarious

Gus
08-01-2015, 09:55 PM

How do you know if he cared that we were relegated? Behave. Yes he was very poor but so was the whole team. Yes we are doing well at the mo and long may it continue, but dare I say if things weren't there would be another scapegoat for folk on here to get a semi about.

S4uzee
08-01-2015, 10:12 PM
How do you know if he cared that we were relegated? Behave. Yes he was very poor but so was the whole team. Yes we are doing well at the mo and long may it continue, but dare I say if things weren't there would be another scapegoat for folk on here to get a semi about.
Being pictured out on the town after the defeat to Killie didn't do him any favours

Boyle89
08-01-2015, 10:23 PM
He missed a sitter in almost every Derby he played in. How players like him can make a living from football saddens me.

Borderhibbie76
09-01-2015, 07:19 PM
James Collins scored 6 goals in 40 games for Hibs and Paul Heffernan has scored 5goals in 30 games for us.

No wonder we were relegated

Quicker waste of a wage Heff is out the door the better too..

Judas Iscariot
09-01-2015, 08:32 PM
James Collins was ****in *****

Close thread

Nando™
09-01-2015, 08:48 PM
I've no problem with James Collins, he quite clearly tried his best in every game he played so cannot be faulted.

He came here with a decent pedigree so it's hard to pinpoint exactly why he performed so badly while he was here.

brog
09-01-2015, 09:01 PM
He missed a sitter in almost every Derby he played in. How players like him can make a living from football saddens me.

Absolute nonsense! Collins missed an excellent chance in our last game vs them & scored from a half chance in our new year game. You'll need to to take me through the other sitters he missed. There's no doubt Collins is a limited player but last season Hanlon, Stevenson, Robertson & Craig as well as Collins were being routinely abused on this board. I suspect if Collins was still at ER now he would be regarded somewhat differently. I really don't understand why posters come on here to heap abuse on ex players, unless those players didn't try a leg & I doubt that's a criticism that could be levelled at JC. IMO he was privileged to wear the green, he's gone now, good luck to him going forward.

LaMotta
09-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Absolute nonsense! Collins missed an excellent chance in our last game vs them & scored from a half chance in our new year game. You'll need to to take me through the other sitters he missed. There's no doubt Collins is a limited player but last season Hanlon, Stevenson, Robertson & Craig as well as Collins were being routinely abused on this board. I suspect if Collins was still at ER now he would be regarded somewhat differently. I really don't understand why posters come on here to heap abuse on ex players, unless those players didn't try a leg & I doubt that's a criticism that could be levelled at JC. IMO he was privileged to wear the green, he's gone now, good luck to him going forward.

Agree with much of that , and I dont think his commitment or work rate could ever be questioned.

It was clear to a number of people that from early on last season Collins was a limited footballer who looked out his depth at Scottish Premiership level. He was poor in all the derbies, including the one we won and where he scored in, where his misplaced pass lead to the equalising Hearts Goal ( he missed a sitter in that one to make it 3-1). But he scored and we won.

What was annoying was that people, presumably duped by the relatively large transfer fee in this post Bosman era, were continually inventing excuses for his woeful performances and telling anyone who dared to question the signing of him that he was a decent player/needed more precise balls in to feet/ needed a team that played with wingers blah blah blah.

The_Horde
09-01-2015, 10:13 PM
I've no problem with James Collins, he quite clearly tried his best in every game he played so cannot be faulted.

He came here with a decent pedigree so it's hard to pinpoint exactly why he performed so badly while he was here.

He was *****. Still is actually.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2015, 11:21 PM

He blazed one over the bar from 6 yards out at the Gorgie end in the 'relegation derby' whilst we were 1-0 down.

MWHIBBIES
10-01-2015, 12:01 AM

No wonder we were relegatedDon't embarrass yourself by comparing those 2. Heff is a far better player who scored goals everywhere he has been. Injuries have caught up with him and he is struggling now but his record throughout his career is very solid.

Boyle89
10-01-2015, 03:03 AM

One of them has already been stated and that chance at the back post in the new year Derby was a sitter. Also the fresh air swipe inside the 6 yard box. I'm not saying the guy didn't try but he was mince. Who cares if we think he's mince he isn't here anymore. Does he care? Going to say no he doesn't. It's your opinion but I thought he was gash so I wouldn't say what I said was 'absolute nonsense'.

HappyHibby93
10-01-2015, 03:49 AM
[QUOTE=Danderhall Hibs;4268687]:hilarious

James Collins was horrendous, he worked hard and he tried his best, but he was still horrendous.

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2015, 07:43 AM
One of them has already been stated and that chance at the back post in the new year Derby was a sitter. Also the fresh air swipe inside the 6 yard box. I'm not saying the guy didn't try but he was mince. Who cares if we think he's mince he isn't here anymore. Does he care? Going to say no he doesn't. It's your opinion but I thought he was gash so I wouldn't say what I said was 'absolute nonsense'.

Those misses are fair enough shouts - although the one at Tiny was further than 6 yards out.

I just thought his confidence had taken such a beating that that was the reason for a lot of it. That and the fact he started snatching at chances because they were so far and few between.

Still he's away now - I just think it's sad folk cling onto resentment for someone that tried but was here at the wrong time.

wookie70
10-01-2015, 07:55 AM
As a striker you get most of your chances in the box. Collins was seldom seen there and nearly all his runs were back towards our goal. Nothing in his general play suggested he was a football player. Fans say he worked hard but it was at a snails pace. Look at how many blocks Farid got in on defenders clearances earlier this season. One of the worst players I have ever seen in a Hibs jersey.

leggeto
10-01-2015, 08:09 AM

Exactly,some clubs you do well at and others you don't,the abuse he is getting is a bit much aswell

Smartie
10-01-2015, 08:18 AM
There were so many things wrong at Hibs last season it is almost impossible to judge anyone in isolation.

Collins was not good when he was here, that cannot be denied. But the service he got was worse than pitiful. He obviously had some qualities but it just didn't work.

Given he was a relative success before he joined and has done well again since he left suggests to me he wasn't all that bad.

I'd rather have Malonga and Farid though and I'm looking forward to seeing the new boys play.

Gus
10-01-2015, 09:10 AM
It's a shame it never worked out for Collins, but he has moved on, Heffernan on the other hand is happy to sit on his contract and offer what appears to be F all.

Heffernan career app = 372, goals 108
Collins career app = 190, 58 goals

Their records are very similar. Collins has age on his side and appears to have found his level, so good luck to him.