PDA

View Full Version : willie collum punished

ozzie
08-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Makes two major mistakes in 3 days which have now been overturned and how does he get puniched? He gets the hibs v bairns game this weekend 😠😠😠

emerald green
08-01-2015, 05:35 PM
I hope I don't regret saying this, but I would rather have Gollum any day than have the so-called referee Thomson continue his vendetta against Hibs.

VivaHiberņa
08-01-2015, 07:10 PM
I hope I don't regret saying this, but I would rather have Gollum any day than have the so-called referee Thomson continue his vendetta against Hibs.

:agree: Gollum's normally OK unless his beloved Celtc are playing.

gordieboy
08-01-2015, 08:56 PM
No doubt he will make a James Hunt of a few decisions on Saturday

forbes75
08-01-2015, 09:18 PM
i think the yams seem to hate him more tbh

worcesterhibby
08-01-2015, 09:19 PM
hopefully he will be on his toes and keen not to make any big errors since the spotlight will be on him

JimBHibees
09-01-2015, 10:13 AM
:agree: Gollum's normally OK unless his beloved Celtc are playing.

Not so sure his missing of the most blatant handball I have ever seen (the guy hand balled it twice) in the St Mirren game we lost 3-2 at ER had a massive impact on our relegation. He didnt see it apparently yet tv pictures seemed to suggest an uninterrupted view.

emerald green
09-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Not so sure his missing of the most blatant handball I have ever seen (the guy hand balled it twice) in the St Mirren game we lost 3-2 at ER had a massive impact on our relegation. He didnt see it apparently yet tv pictures seemed to suggest an uninterrupted view.

You are correct, so he is due us one. He bottled it that day. A penalty all day long. What is the old cliche? These things even themselves out over a season (except when it's Thomson).

allezsauzee
09-01-2015, 10:20 AM
My opinion of Collum is that he is an average referee in average games but has the mental strength to keep control of high tension games so he gets to referee those.

lord bunberry
09-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Makes two major mistakes in 3 days which have now been overturned and how does he get puniched? He gets the hibs v bairns game this weekend 😠😠😠

I've often considered going to Easter Road a punishment

Mathias Jack
09-01-2015, 11:16 AM
If he's made mistakes, regardless of whether or not he's considered one of our top refs, why isn't he getting reprimanded?

If a ref in the EPL had a mare, they'd stand him down for the next round of fixtures to take the pressure off him.

Conj
09-01-2015, 11:31 AM
If he's made mistakes, regardless of whether or not he's considered one of our top refs, why isn't he getting reprimanded?

If a ref in the EPL had a mare, they'd stand him down for the next round of fixtures to take the pressure off him.

Surely this has happened here, he has been given a Championship game instead of a Premiership game, no?

Scottie
09-01-2015, 11:33 AM

Unfortunately this isn't the EPL and I guess we don't have enough qualified refs to go round as it is never mind dropping them every other Saturday.

Gee whiz Craig Thomson would never ref a game again if the beaks were to do their job and implement the stand downs every other week.

H18Y GW
10-01-2015, 06:29 AM
Surely this has happened here, he has been given a Championship game instead of a Premiership game, no?

Of course it is , he is being handed a minor game no matter what we think , with a loss we could be out the play off spots more than half way through .

Just for perspective

jodjam
10-01-2015, 06:36 AM
Of course it is , he is being handed a minor game no matter what we think , with a loss we could be out the play off spots more than half way through .

Just for perspective

Can't see us losing 8-0. We will be in play off spot no matter what gollum does

ozzie
10-01-2015, 07:10 AM
I've often considered going to Easter Road a punishment

Yeah but let's be fair that a because we actually watch the game, he obviously doesn't 😛

CallumLaidlaw
10-01-2015, 08:55 AM
@McBookie: So the referees are getting a pay rise. How will Wille Collum celebrate today?

2/1 Show a Red Card
11/4 Award a penalty

snooky
10-01-2015, 11:26 AM
@McBookie: So the referees are getting a pay rise. How will Wille Collum celebrate today?

2/1 Show a Red Card
11/4 Award a penalty

Ladbrokes have at 7/2 for the scorer of the first Falkirk goal.