PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: OXLEY'S LOAN EXTENDED

RSS Bot
08-01-2015, 09:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5087)

Leithenhibby
08-01-2015, 09:34 AM
Developing into a big strong keeper, didn't realise he's only 24. Just a boy.......

RSS Bot
08-01-2015, 09:50 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5088)

Peevemor
08-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Good stuff. :aok:

Time For Heroes
08-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Great news, overall I've been impressed. It's also good to have the same keeper that the defenders are used too.

Pete
08-01-2015, 10:04 AM
A permanent contract at the end of the season? Assuming he isn't tied to Hull.

Dunedin Hibs
08-01-2015, 10:23 AM
A very good keeper. I hope Hibs do manage to keep him. The team is built from the goalie, and we have a very exciting line-up at the moment. I will be recording the jamgrubs next visit to ER, being in New Zealand, as I think we will massacre them. And I hope Jason sticks it right up their maroonturd noses.

scuttle
08-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Good news, it also shows he wants to stay which shows we are getting it right

southern hibby
08-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Glad to see he's extended. Think he has the potential to be a good keeper ( before anyone thinks I'm trying to be negative, this is my opinion ). I think he looses concentration sometimes to easily for my liking.
If he can overcome his lapses I'n concentration I believe he will become possibly the best keeper we've had for a long time.

GGTTH

Gatecrasher
08-01-2015, 10:49 AM
This is good news he is getting better as the season goes on, hopefully we can work something out for more permanent.

Weststandwanab
08-01-2015, 10:50 AM
I am very pleased to read that.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Happy enough with this.

A pretty safe pair of hands.

Squealing pig
08-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Think we could do better tbh

lucky
08-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Happy he's staying but I'm not convinced by him. But for the league we are in he'll do

Geo_1875
08-01-2015, 11:16 AM

Who?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Perfect Hibs :aok: so good to see that we aren't mucking about and getting things done asap!

hibs0666
08-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Happy to see this - no doubts about him at all.

Scouse Hibee
08-01-2015, 12:05 PM

Who with, one of the many keepers in the English Leagues that I keep hearing are just as good if not better? Happy with the big guy myself.

Big_Franck
08-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Glad to hear this, more good news.

Think we still need a more experienced back up keeper though.

Lago
08-01-2015, 12:16 PM
A permanent contract at the end of the season? Assuming he isn't tied to Hull.
I would go with that.

Mikey09
08-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Excellent news. Big fella seems to be steady and reliable. Didn't know he is only 24 though!! Good age to get this lad on a permanent, long term contract.

Thecat23
08-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Told you's weeks ago he was staying 😎😜

Judas Iscariot
08-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Decent GK, happy with that!

Keith_M
08-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Mrs Keekaboo was at the game against Rangers and she commented on how good a Goalie we had.

TBH, he surprised me at how well he did in that match, coping with every cross Rangers made into the box.

Johnny_Leith
08-01-2015, 12:47 PM
I like him, a bit raw but very young in goalkeeper terms. Shows good character especially after the Alloa mistake, glad to have him on board

Radge70
08-01-2015, 12:56 PM
I like him, a bit raw but very young in goalkeeper terms. Shows good character especially after the Alloa mistake, glad to have him on board
By being beaten at his near post in the next game versus Raith. Decent performances there after, with the recent Rangers and Hearts games providing the only evidence this season that he may yet turn out to be capable. Bit of a gamble keeping him on in a league that we really need to get out of at the first time of asking.

CallumLaidlaw
08-01-2015, 12:59 PM
By being beaten at his near post in the next game versus Raith. Decent performances there after, with the recent Rangers and Hearts games providing the only evidence this season that he may yet turn out to be capable. Bit of a gamble keeping him on in a league that we really need to get out of at the first time of asking.

There are plenty higher profile, more experienced keepers that make more errors than mark has done. He has only been getting first team exposure for the last year and is learning all the time. He's a good solid championship goalkeeper

KeithTheHibby
08-01-2015, 01:02 PM

As much a gamble as having to replace him with someone who has been warming a bench all season and has to adjust to a new team not forgetting the defence adjusting to him? I think not.

PeterboroHibee
08-01-2015, 01:28 PM

Half way through the season and we have the second best defence in the league, with Oxley as our number one. Hardly a gamble is it.

Im personally glad hes staying, and would like to keep him longer. He works well with the defence and seems reasonably comfortable playing the ball out, which is important for the way we play. And even if he makes the odd mistake, so what? All keepers do, even at the very top level.

HappyAsHellas
08-01-2015, 01:44 PM
He cut out more crosses in the Rangers game than Williams did all last season. He's also a good shot stopper with good distribution, and when you take into account he's only 24 and still learning he could turn out to be one of the best keepers we have had in donkeys years. Sign him up.

The_Exile
08-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Better all round goalkeeper than Williams IMO.

Northernhibee
08-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Highest scoring Hibs goalie in years.

Bostonhibby
08-01-2015, 02:06 PM
Good keeper,still developing and I'd say as good as Williams generally,safer pair of hands and better at crosses

Just Alf
08-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Pleased at this, wasn't too keen at the start of the season but he's won me over and I think it'd be great if it ended up a permanent deal.

portyhibernian
08-01-2015, 02:13 PM
He certainly deals with crosses better than Williams did, not sure he's a better shot stopper but certainly seems capable at Championship level.

JimBHibees
08-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Good attitude, quite laid back and confident and also a tremendous distributor of a ball.

Stevie Reid
08-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Delighted with this news. I constantly state how surprised I am at how many on here seem not to rate him, but it's a huge boost to not have to integrate a new goalkeeper and disrupt the understanding between him and the back four at this stage in the season.

Andy74
08-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Delighted with this news. I constantly state how surprised I am at how many on here seem not to rate him, but it's a huge boost to not have to integrate a new goalkeeper and disrupt the understanding between the him and the back four at this stage in the season.

Yep, and despite many thinking we can do better I'd be very surprised if we could persuade him to stay on at the end of the year when I think his contract is up. He will have an eye on playing at a level higher than us.

RyeSloan
08-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Yep, and despite many thinking we can do better I'd be very surprised if we could persuade him to stay on at the end of the year when I think his contract is up. He will have an eye on playing at a level higher than us.

Not sure there is too many saying we can do better but granted there is a few.

Mark has been solid this season. Couple of errors but that's about it...in fact I would say that in a lot of games I've not really noticed him, in my book that's a damn good thing!

Would be more than happy to sign him up on a perm contract.

GreenLake
08-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Great news

Diclonius
08-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Happy with this. Hopefully we can get him permanently at the end of the season.

Radge70
08-01-2015, 05:18 PM
As much a gamble as having to replace him with someone who has been warming a bench all season and has to adjust to a new team not forgetting the defence adjusting to him? I think not.

He's had nothing to do all season, has looked shaky when called upon and his positioning has been terrible. I'm expecting him to see a lot more action come the play-offs and that's what I'm worried about. I'd also heard that he's never saved a penalty in his career and when I saw him in the shoot-out against Dundee Utd it was obvious why. Not really what we need if it boils down to a shoot-out like it did last year.
The defence can easily adjust to a new keeper whilst it remains a position that continues to see little action. It think it will become a really important position come the end of the season though.

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2015, 05:48 PM
A good steady keeper IMO ... not brilliant, but apart from his howler at Alloa I haven't seen him make any real clangers that I can remember. Glad that he is staying and continuing to improve.

1875Sean
08-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Is he out of contract in the summer?

B.H.F.C
08-01-2015, 06:00 PM
I don't think he's ever been properly tested. There has never been a game where we've been under any sustained pressure.

seanshow
08-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Well done Hibs and good news for the big man, Go on the Ox :flag::flag:

Eyrie
08-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Good news that he's staying, and I'd be pleased if he signs a permanent deal in the summer when he's out of contract.

ManBearPig
09-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Good goalie and has something that a lot of goalies don't good quick distribution

Andy74
09-01-2015, 12:15 PM
I don't think he's ever been properly tested. There has never been a game where we've been under any sustained pressure.

Dealt well with corners and crosses when Rangers had their spell of pressure the other week.

Squealing pig
10-01-2015, 12:18 AM
Who with, one of the many keepers in the English Leagues that I keep hearing are just as good if not better? Happy with the big guy myself.

Would leave that up to stubbs to decide..I don't think he saves much and handling poor in most games. Just my opinion. Obviously a lot better than some gk we have had but average at best I'd say.

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-01-2015, 08:19 AM
Would leave that up to stubbs to decide..I don't think he saves much and handling poor in most games. Just my opinion. Obviously a lot better than some gk we have had but average at best I'd say.

Stubbs has decided by extending his contract :cb

Squealing pig
10-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Stubbs has decided by extending his contract :cb

Very true but as wee know January window not the best.. next permanent keeper hopefully b better I'm hoping. If stubbs thinks he's the man for the job ill stick by it.

Blaster
10-01-2015, 08:39 AM
I think oxley is getting better and will continue to improve. His distribution is good, his taking of crosses is good and much better than the first dozen games of the season.

His shot stopping is average and his weakest area. But very few howlers and I believe he will improve this area over time

Keepers get better as they get older and more experience

Smartie
10-01-2015, 09:25 AM
He's a big part of the team, delighted he's staying. Not flawless but we're in the Scottish Championship ffs.

I was impressed to see the way the defenders and also he reacted when I think Fontaine cleared one off the line against Rangers. Loads of high 5s etc, clearly they are passionate about us and have good rapport with each other. Much better than some of what we've seen in recent years.