PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 2 St Mirren 1

Brooster
07-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Bounce game at East Mains today. Wee Sinclair scored the winner and four trialists were playing.

SteveHFC
07-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Names.....

Better not :greengrin

Leith_Hibee
07-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Did Boyle play?

Wee Scottie Dug
07-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Bounce game at East Mains today. Wee Sinclair scored the winner and four trialists were playing.

is that 4 1st team trialists or were there any u20 trialists :cb

Wee Scottie Dug
07-01-2015, 03:46 PM

A little birdie told me that it was Jordan Sinclair that scored the winner and there were only 2 trialists ...... maybe the other 2 have signed :greengrin

Brooster
07-01-2015, 03:57 PM
A little birdie told me that it was Jordan Sinclair that scored the winner and there were only 2 trialists ...... maybe the other 2 have signed :greengrin

3 trialists. Dont know why I said 4 lol.

cabbageandribs1875
07-01-2015, 06:15 PM
any photos of the trialists

Luzern67
07-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Jordan Sinclair scored the winner, 2 trialists played

Wee Scottie Dug
07-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Jordan Sinclair scored the winner, 2 trialists played

Same as I was told this afternoon (and posted) - big question is who were they and were they any better than what we already have?

My guess would be that it would be the Norwegian defender and the Finnish striker who played, how they played could only be answered by someone who was there!

Carheenlea
07-01-2015, 08:20 PM
any photos of the trialists

OsloHibs
07-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Same as I was told this afternoon (and posted) - big question is who were they and were they any better than what we already have?

My guess would be that it would be the Norwegian defender and the Finnish striker who played, how they played could only be answered by someone who was there!

Who's the Norwegian defender? :confused: How have I missed this...

bingo70
07-01-2015, 08:22 PM
http://mobil.nt.se/sport/ifk-back-kan-bli-proffs-i-skottland-10585335.aspx

Do you know him?

Wee Scottie Dug
07-01-2015, 08:22 PM

Rumoured to be Edvard Skagestad ......... You know of him?

OsloHibs
07-01-2015, 08:33 PM

Hell yeah! He was made a striker and given that role ahead of actual strikers at his club and then he scored against my team Lillestrom :grr:

bingo70
07-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Hell yeah! He was made a striker and given that role ahead of actual strikers at his club and then he scored against my team Lillestrom :grr:

Any good as a defender?

SouthMoroccoStu
07-01-2015, 08:39 PM

:greengrin

Were we in white?

Do we have a black 3rd strip?

Mikey
07-01-2015, 08:41 PM
I've tidied this thread up a bit as it looks like a discussion about football might break out!

OsloHibs
07-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Any good as a defender?

It's a bit of a joke in the Norwegian press that he has played every role on the pitch, so as a defender- god knows!!!!!

bingo70
07-01-2015, 08:51 PM
It's a bit of a joke in the Norwegian press that he has played every role on the pitch, so as a defender- god knows!!!!!

Cheers, sounds like he could be a handy guy to have in the squad.

NOLA
07-01-2015, 09:47 PM
Cheers, sounds like he could be a handy guy to have in the squad.

jack of all trades master of none :greengrin

malcolm
07-01-2015, 10:00 PM

he's got a song already :wink:
http://youtu.be/h3G_GbPzhD8

Callum_62
07-01-2015, 10:03 PM

:confused::confused:

I think we are pretty well covered for strikers now, no?

SteveHFC
07-01-2015, 10:06 PM

Wouldn't be surprised to see Heffernan and Sinclair leave.

hibees 7062
07-01-2015, 10:06 PM

Any good in goals :greengrin

PatHead
07-01-2015, 10:09 PM

With a Scandinavian player, could he play with us until the Norwegian season starts on a short term loan whilst Malonga and Farid are out or would he have to be here until the end of the season?

portycabbage
07-01-2015, 10:10 PM

We appear to be getting all Risky and Edgy this transfer window, and may also sign a Skag-Ed.:wink:

sauzee1966
07-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Danny Swanson had conversations with Hibs this week.....away back to Coventry as there was a issue with the % of his salary to be paid.. This is from a very very close source in the family. There may be movement this week though

http://mobil.nt.se/sport/ifk-back-kan-bli-proffs-i-skottland-10585335.aspx

Do you know him?

S4uzee
07-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Danny Swanson had conversations with Hibs this week.....away back to Coventry as there was a issue with the % of his salary to be paid.. This is from a very very close source in the family. There may be movement this week though

I'd be happy with that

Ronniekirk
07-01-2015, 11:06 PM
Stubbs said he would like to bring in four players We already have two and we clearly need defensive cover with Gray going in for op unless he is happy to go with booth and have Foster back in next three to four weeks .but to get Swanson we would Defo need to empty Heff and so far Thats proving to be difficult as he seems to be biding his time ,no doubt looking for a pay off from Hibs to become a free agent once window closed .

lucky
08-01-2015, 07:15 AM
Swanson is a winger and Hibs don't player with wingers, we've let 2 go already so I'm not sure where he'd play

3pm
08-01-2015, 07:45 AM
Swanson is a winger and Hibs don't player with wingers, we've let 2 go already so I'm not sure where he'd play

I am sure he could play where Handling does at the moment.

BSEJVT
08-01-2015, 07:56 AM
The Swanson rumour abounds every transfer window

Forgive me for being underwhelmed

I really hope our new player recruitment regime will spread the net a bit further

What exactly has he achieved since leaving Dundee Utd?

If rumours on this board are to be believed every club he has been at since are dying to loan him back to Hibs.

There must be a reason for this and its likely because he isn't as good as they thought he was.

HibeeMassive
08-01-2015, 08:03 AM
If rumours on this board are to be believed every club he has been at since are dying to loan him back to Hibs.

There must be a reason for this and its likely because he isn't as good as they thought he was.

Or maybe the rumours are exactly that, rumours, and he's not actually been offered to us at every opportunity but instead fans are just suggesting he'd be linked because he's a hibby from Leith?

J-C
08-01-2015, 08:44 AM

We don't play with wingers because the ones we did have were pants, Harris has been awful all season, Kennedy never really turned it on and Sinclair has been a waste of time since he came, Stevenson and Gray have both been excellent and I think because of that Stubbs found 4-4-2 diamond was working best, remember pre season we played a 4-2-3-1 which we looked very comfortable with and if given the chance he'll use that again as a secondary tactic.

brog
08-01-2015, 09:57 AM

Danny Swanson is no more a winger than Dylan M is. If he would improve our squad, & remember Dylan's a loanee, then IMO it's a no brainier.

scoopyboy
08-01-2015, 10:04 AM

Danny Swanson is more than just a winger, he can play central midfield if required.

Regarding wingers you are correct in saying that they don't fit into the system we are playing just now but AS has been quoted recently as saying he wants us to be able to play different formations soon.

I would like to thing wingers would be in at least one of the alternatives.

J-C
08-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Danny Swanson is no more a winger than Dylan M is. If he would improve our squad, & remember Dylan's a loanee, then IMO it's a no brainier.

As much as I like McGeouch what I've heard is he still sees his future at Celtic, so if we get Swanson it's a like for like and he's a Hibby too.

J-C
08-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Danny Swanson is more than just a winger, he can play central midfield if required.

Regarding wingers you are correct in saying that they don't fit into the system we are playing just now but AS has been quoted recently as saying he wants us to be able to play different formations soon.

I would like to thing wingers would be in at least one of the alternatives.

4-2-3-1/4-1-2-2-1 Scoops, we played it pre season but with the wingers being poor, 4-4-2 diamond became the tactic that worked.

Mikey09
08-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Sorry.... Danny would improve our squad massively!! Can play off the striker, either wing and in the middle. Oh.... And a wee get well to his brother Louis who suffered a double leg fracture playing for LTHV in a friendly over the Christmas break. Been operated on and hopefully make a full recovery.... :aok:

Brightside
08-01-2015, 12:49 PM
I am sure he could play where Handling does at the moment.

No thanks.

3pm
08-01-2015, 12:55 PM
No thanks.

I'd debate it with you but it'd turn into a Danny Handling kick-in so I won't. :aok:

JIm
08-01-2015, 01:44 PM
The Swanson rumour abounds every transfer window

Forgive me for being underwhelmed

I really hope our new player recruitment regime will spread the net a bit further

What exactly has he achieved since leaving Dundee Utd?

What did Scott Allan achieve after leaving Utd? Arguably the same as Swanson. Is he good enough?

BSEJVT
08-01-2015, 02:18 PM
What did Scott Allan achieve after leaving Utd? Arguably the same as Swanson. Is he good enough?

With respect, Scott is 5 years younger and their careers as they left Dundee Utd were on completely different trajectories.

I am quite happy with us signing young guys with something to prove.

We have tried the route of rehabilitating failed older footballers ad nauseum and I haven't seen many successes amongst them.

This isn't a direct criticism of Danny Swanson, its a concern that having broken away from that approach with some success, that we now return to it.

Its the type of lazy thinking that has got us to where we are.

If the club see something in him and we sign him then he will have my full support, failing that there will no doubt be transfer window threads over Danny for the next 10 years until he is long retired

Oscar T Grouch
08-01-2015, 02:29 PM
For the first time in a long time, I don't even want to speculate who is coming in, all I know, from the signings so far, is that I trust the management team we have to bring in good players who will improve the squad, if not the first team. If Stubbs thinks DS is going to improve the team and is available, within budget, I am sure we'll see him in a Hibs shirt soon enough, but if not then c'est la vie, we'll move on and sign someone else. It would be nice to have another Hibbie in the team though

The_Sauz
08-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Sorry for going off track here, but was Foster playing and who scored the goals in the game against St Mirren!

Luzern67
08-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Sorry for going off track here, but was Foster playing and who scored the goals in the game against St Mirren!
Foster didn't play, think Finnish striker got the first Jordan Sinclair the winner

The_Sauz
08-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Foster didn't play, think Finnish striker got the first Jordan Sinclair the winner

:aok:

Ronniekirk
08-01-2015, 07:42 PM
So Foster still at least three weeks away from a return and Gray will be missing at same time so even if we swop booth for an other in defense it still leaves us short of cover so Defender must be next signing

Billy Whizz
08-01-2015, 07:50 PM
So Foster still at least three weeks away from a return and Gray will be missing at same time so even if we swop booth for an other in defense it still leaves us short of cover so Defender must be next signing
Ronnie, saw Forster at the training centre last week, he's lost a lot of weight after his op

Big_Franck
08-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know if McGeouch played in this game? Would be good if he got a decent run out and was fitter for the weekend.

portycabbage
08-01-2015, 08:24 PM
As much as I like McGeouch what I've heard is he still sees his future at Celtic, so if we get Swanson it's a like for like and he's a Hibby too.

I think Mcgeouch is out of contract in the summer, so may not be his choice. Would be great if we got him. Liked Swanson at United too.

hibs4thecup1988
08-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know if McGeouch played in this game? Would be good if he got a decent run out and was fitter for the weekend.

No he never.

I sat with Dylan at the Rangers game and the idea I got was that he plans to be here next year. Just me though....

As for Danny Swanson. I think he would be a good signing. He possibly played at United with Robertson and Allan and maybe they have advised Alan to have a look?

Interesting wee window though...and still got Leigh to come in :duck:

J-C
08-01-2015, 10:21 PM
I think Mcgeouch is out of contract in the summer, so may not be his choice. Would be great if we got him. Liked Swanson at United too.

Don't get me wrong I'd love Dylan to stay, I feel it might only happen if we go up though.

JIm
08-01-2015, 11:36 PM
With respect, Scott is 5 years younger and their careers as they left Dundee Utd were on completely different trajectories.

I am quite happy with us signing young guys with something to prove.

We have tried the route of rehabilitating failed older footballers ad nauseum and I haven't seen many successes amongst them.

This isn't a direct criticism of Danny Swanson, its a concern that having broken away from that approach with some success, that we now return to it.

Its the type of lazy thinking that has got us to where we are.

If the club see something in him and we sign him then he will have my full support, failing that there will no doubt be transfer window threads over Danny for the next 10 years until he is long retired

We can agree to disagree on that one, all that aside it's been refreshing to a hibs manager finally make good signings after years of dross.

Whoever Stubbs decides to bring in will like yourself have my full backing.

O'Rourke3
09-01-2015, 12:21 AM
Regarding Swanson football is riddled with players who switch "positions" to become immeasurably better. We don't need to look that far since Paul H was on our books surplus or not enough first team material and Billy Stark converts him at St J to centre mid. Loathe him or loathe him it didn't work out that badly for him. So dismissing someone as they might not play in our system is very shortsighted