PDA

View Full Version : Messi to Chelsea? NHC

Number69
06-01-2015, 08:48 PM
What's everyone's take on this then? I personally think it's no more than rumour but there are some pretty weird coincidences nonetheless.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 08:58 PM
No chance.

Hibeesmad
06-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Publicity stunt imo

The_Exile
06-01-2015, 09:02 PM
He's had a massive falling out with the manager hasn't he? All very hush hush though, I imagine they'd sooner stick Messi's mum in as the gaffer than lose him to a rival though so can't see it but stranger things have happened.

Is his contract up for renewal any time soon by any chance?

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Would make me ill to see him in that strip. No thanks!

H18Y GW
06-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Prove to people he isnt the Man that has hid in La Liga all his days,whilst others prove they can do it all..:cb

Hala Madrid

3pm
06-01-2015, 09:07 PM
When did he last sign a new contract?

Swedish hibee
06-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Another non tax payer in UK :rolleyes::wink:

SteveHFC
06-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Football is ****ed if this happens.

3pm
06-01-2015, 09:16 PM

It already is!

Future17
06-01-2015, 09:55 PM
When did he last sign a new contract?

Summer 2014. He has a buy-out clause though.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Summer 2014. He has a buy-out clause though.

Aye, of about 100 million. :greengrin

Bostonhibby
06-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Cannae see it myself, Chelsea are not a self proclaimed "big" team, neither are they "the famous" Chelsea - this is probably Messi's agent trying to get the famous big team to show their hand. If anyone is asbestos proof it's Messi.

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2015, 10:29 PM

How?

Haymaker
06-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Cannae see it myself, Chelsea are not a self proclaimed "big" team, neither are they "the famous" Chelsea - this is probably Messi's agent trying to get the famous big team to show their hand. If anyone is asbestos proof it's Messi.

Or an attempt to force Barca to sack the manager.

Thecat23
06-01-2015, 10:40 PM
I get good info usually with the teams in the English prem. Chelsea have "asked" about Messi more than once along with City and Man U.
Man City are still keeping an eye on Ronaldo as well in the hope they may sway him to come to them (can't see this myself) As always in the windows Man City have an eye on all major transfers.

Do I think Messi will be at Chelsea... No, not yet anyway!!

mca
06-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Bet he is rumoured to sign for the Famous any time soon.. :aok:

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 10:54 PM

Not sure he would be able to displace James Keatings at the moment.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2015, 10:57 PM

Nah, Sow will be back soon, and no one will ever fill the Ngoo role.

Flanny boy
07-01-2015, 05:52 AM
not sure he would be able to displace james keatings at the moment.
:lol::lol::lol:

Teo10
07-01-2015, 08:26 AM
Can't see this happening. They have called for re-elections on the board because it crossed their mind to even consider it. The uproar from the fans would take a massive hit on the club also. I think this has all come out to put pressure on Luis Enrique, rumours of fall outs with players etc so looking like a way for him to consider his future?

Cabbage East
07-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Why on earth would Messi go to England :faf:

Future17
07-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Worth bearing in mind that Messi is still facing trial over tax evasion in Spain. I know he isn't short of a bob or two already, but the suggestion is that if he were to be convicted and wanted to avoid jail, he would be facing a fine of over 30m euros. A new deal at Barca or another team could be a priority!

There is also a school of conspiracy theorists who believe that the decision to prosecute Messi is politically motivated and an attempt to drive him out of Spain. This was fuelled by the judge's refusal to throw out the charges against him, even though that was the prosecution's recommendation. Perhaps he has been offered a shady deal to leave the country and escape jail time. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
07-01-2015, 09:54 AM

Can't think of any attractions in London.:rolleyes:

Alex Trager
07-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Can't think of any attractions in London.:rolleyes:
Leith however...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
07-01-2015, 12:33 PM
No danger.

I don't think you'll see Lionel play for anyone else - at least until he's lost 4 yards of pace and is in his 'twilight' years.

The Hibee Harp
07-01-2015, 12:38 PM
I don't think you'll see Lionel play for anyone else - at least until he's lost 4 yards of pace and is in his 'twilight' years.

:agree: He will spend his whole career at Barca IMO or at the very least only move at the very end of his career.

The_Exile
07-01-2015, 01:38 PM
He's told Barca president "it's him or me" apparently, in relation to Luis Enrique, and there's a press conference from Barca at 3pm, can only assume it's to announce the departure of the manager? Mind you, you cannae have the players running the club!!!!

The Hibee Harp
07-01-2015, 01:45 PM
He's told Barca president "it's him or me" apparently, in relation to Luis Enrique, and there's a press conference from Barca at 3pm, can only assume it's to announce the departure of the manager? Mind you, you cannae have the players running the club!!!!

Messi is one of the greatest players to ever play the game, if not THE greatest. There's no danger the club will back anyone over him.

The_Exile
07-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Messi is one of the greatest players to ever play the game, if not THE greatest. There's no danger the club will back anyone over him.

I agree to a certain extent, having said that, they may aswell just make him the manager if they're going to fire everyone he doesn't get on with. Wonder what the odds will be on Pep being back at the Nou Camp for next season...........

Pretty Boy
07-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Luis Enrique is something of a legend at Barca for crossing over from Madrid, winning back to back titles and scoring against Madrid on a fair few ocassions. However Messi is the man at Barca, if it comes down to a choice there's only one man will be leaving and it won't be Lionel.

Pete
07-01-2015, 01:57 PM

The weather?

Stringer
07-01-2015, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=Future17;4267201]Worth bearing in mind that Messi is still facing trial over tax evasion in Spain. I know he isn't short of a bob or two already, but the suggestion is that if he were to be convicted and wanted to avoid jail, he would be facing a fine of over 30m euros. A new deal at Barca or another team could be a priority!

30 million euros is monopoly money to Messi. With sponsorships in a World Cup year he probably made at least that last year

Teo10
07-01-2015, 03:28 PM
There was a press conference today where Enrique said he has had no ultimatum. I did notice that Marca (Heavy Real Madrid influenced Paper) ran some story about Messi and Enrique nearly coming to blows in training over a free kick decision in a training match, with Neymar having to break them up.. but that will most likely be lies as they have come out with these types of story in the past, all made up.

jacomo
07-01-2015, 03:41 PM

They're still hoping to sign Ched Evans.

emerald green
07-01-2015, 06:30 PM
BBC reporting that Lionel Messi is happy at Barcelona and will stay at the club until at least the end of his contract in 2018, says club president Josep Maria Bartolomeu.

However, reports in Spain suggest LM is unhappy under coach Luis Enrique. Messi started on the bench as Barca lost to Real Sociedad at the weekend.

Time will tell if he moves, but I hope it's not to Chelsea.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2015, 07:01 PM
BBC reporting that Lionel Messi is happy at Barcelona and will stay at the club until at least the end of his contract in 2018, says club president Josep Maria Bartolomeu.

However, reports in Spain suggest LM is unhappy under coach Luis Enrique. Messi started on the bench as Barca lost to Real Sociedad at the weekend.

I'd love to see him in the English Premiership, only ever watch the games between Barca and Madrid from the Spanish league, would love to see the wee magician every week on the telly.

ScottB
07-01-2015, 07:03 PM

Chelsea or City are the only likely ones in the short to medium term, PSG are the only others with deep enough pockets, but can see him going to the French league.

Longer term, the MLS will throw every dollar they have at him to end his career over there.

Stevie Reid
07-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Guillem Ballague was just on SSN saying that to buy him it's gonna cost the purchasing club circa £700M Euros all in - i.e. he won't be going anywhere.

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2015, 07:49 PM
So a few folk are suggesting "no one is bigger than the club" is not true in this case? The biggest player/name in the world is actually bigger than the biggest club in the world.

Pete
07-01-2015, 07:54 PM
So a few folk are suggesting "no one is bigger than the club" is not true in this case? The biggest player/name in the world is actually bigger than the biggest club in the world.

Bigger than Hearts?

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Bigger than Hearts?

Is anyone or anything bigger than the famous?

Eyrie
07-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Is anyone or anything bigger than the famous?

John Lennon said that the Beatles were bigger than Jesus, but not as big as Hearts.

NOLA
07-01-2015, 09:49 PM
love wee messi but would instantly take a dislike seeing him play for them :rolleyes:

NOLA
07-01-2015, 09:57 PM
worked out for us though, or did it :greengrin

Bostonhibby
07-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Bigger than Hearts?

Big? Hearts? are we talking bumped charities again? Sure I seen Big Hearts on the list somewhere :greengrin