PDA

View Full Version : Cummings offered ban - Hibs reject offer and win!

Pages : [1] 2

SteveHFC
06-01-2015, 03:42 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14155

Complaint 1

Alleged Party in Breach: Jason Cummings (Hibernian)
Match: Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian - 3rd January 2015 (SPFL Championship)

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 200: In that the above match you made an offensive gesture

Fixed Suspension offer: Yes – one match (applied immediately with SPFL Premiership)

Principal Hearing date: Thursday, 8th January 2015

Mr Cummings has until 3pm on Wednesday, 7th January 2015 to respond to the complaint.

itslegaltender
06-01-2015, 03:43 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14155

Complaint 1

Fixed Suspension offer: Yes – one match (applied immediately with SPFL Premiership)

Mr Cummings has until 3pm on Wednesday, 7th January 2015 to respond to the complaint.

Walker gave it the big GIRFUY arm gesture at the end of his celebration to us, not a peep of any action against him.

silverhibee
06-01-2015, 03:45 PM

Complaint 1

Was Cummings not booked at the time after his celebration.

J-C
Pretty sure the yellow card means the ref dealt with it on saturday.

R'Albin
I thought this wasn't allowed if the referee had already taken action at the time?

silverhibee
06-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Walker gave it the big GIRFUY arm gesture at the end of his celebration to us, not a peep of any action against him.

I hope Leeann Dempster goes public and mentions this, as you said he gave the GIRUY after his goal, or are the SPFL feared of the backlash from Queen B.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Not like the SFA to make up their own rules now is it?

The referee booked him at the time so I believe that's the end of the matter.

Or has that rule been changed recently? :confused:

Diclonius
06-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Dealt with at the time, except when it wasn't. Shambolic SFA refereeing as usual, on and off the park.

Put it this way - is a GIRUY a sending off offence? Is it ****.

lapsedhibee
06-01-2015, 03:49 PM
I thought this wasn't allowed if the referee had already taken action at the time?

Perhaps booked for leaving the pitch, and the ref didn't see the girfuy, therefore that's what's being dealt with by the ban offer.

1987kev
06-01-2015, 03:51 PM
In the second half he was getting it tight when there was a stoppage in play and turn around and done a fat belly sign to the boy maybe that's it.

R'Albin
06-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Perhaps booked for leaving the pitch, and the ref didn't see the girfuy, therefore that's what's being dealt with by the ban offer.

Ah didn't realise he had left the pitch. To be honest without the gesture it seems a bit harsh to book him at the time.

Hopefully Djedje is cleared in time.

B.H.F.C
Probably depends what the ref put in his report as to why he was booked. If it wasn't for that gesture then that will be their way round it.

Bishop Hibee

Unfortunately this. I didn't think the ref was going to book him til he left the pitch. Craig seemed to protest that it was his team mates momentum that caused him to go trackside. Can't see Hibs appealing. Downside of cameras being there.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Dealt with at the time, except when it wasn't. Shambolic SFA refereeing as usual, on and off the park.

Put it this way - is a GIRUY a sending off offence? Is it ****.

It probably is to be honest, however anything that's been seen by the referee at the time and dealt with by him cannot be dealt with retrospectively, as far as I am led to believe.

Sending-off offences
A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any of the following seven offences:
• serious foul play
• violent conduct
• spitting at an opponent or any other person
• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)
• denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick
• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
• receiving a second caution in the same match

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3605

Billychaotic182
06-01-2015, 03:53 PM
What a ****ing joke

Bostonhibby
06-01-2015, 03:56 PM

It's Hibs rather than the innocent put upon yam that they are dealing with here so the application of the rules have to take that into account, they are "famous" and "big".

You never know maybe the Compliance Officer hasn't finished watching the game yet and he is still to reach Walkers gesture? I am sure he will rectify all this in the interests of the much trumpeted fair play mantra we keep hearing about. :blah::blah:

Geo_1875
06-01-2015, 03:59 PM
It's Hibs rather than the innocent put upon yam that they are dealing with here so the application of the rules have to take that into account, they are "famous" and "big".

You never know maybe the Compliance Officer hasn't finished watching the game yet and he is still to reach Walkers gesture? I am sure he will rectify all this in the interests of the much trumpeted fair play mantra we keep hearing about. :blah::blah:

Probably couldn't see Walker's gesture from the hertz end.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 04:02 PM

Wasn't it mentioned a couple of years ago that anyone could contact the compliance officer if they saw something during a match that should have resulted in disciplinary action by the referee but had been missed at the time?

Where's that e-mail address?

Back Lounge
06-01-2015, 04:05 PM

Complaint 1

Fixed Suspension offer: Yes – one match (applied immediately with SPFL Premiership) **

So Jason is banned from his next Premiership game.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 04:07 PM
So Jason is banned from his next Premiership game.

Maybe we should loan him to Dundee as well, for one game, and then recall him next week and then he's free to play on for us.

If it's good enough for Danny Wilson.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Shambles. **** the sfa.

MacBean
06-01-2015, 04:19 PM
ludicrous to be honest. How can Cummings be handed a ban when Walker isn't? He ran 25 yards+ TO the Hibs Support, whereas Cummings was only 5 yards away, both guilty of the same thing and clear as day on TV so he should be handed the same punishment

brog
06-01-2015, 04:20 PM
What a farce!! Only in Scotland! Don't even know what league we're in! Hibs should accept with the agreement it's for the Premiership! We've obviously been playing too well recently for the Establishment!

silverhibee
06-01-2015, 04:23 PM

2 o'clock on Saturday afternoon. :greengrin

Was Walker booked also.

Frazerbob
06-01-2015, 04:27 PM
2 o'clock on Saturday afternoon. :greengrin

Was Walker booked also.

Yes.

silverhibee
06-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Yes.

Is the wee team being stitched up here.

hibbymick
06-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Maybe thats our punishment for bringing up the Gary Oliver situation.:cb

Turkish Green
06-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Supposedly, Cummings got booked for the shoosh gesture to the Yams. Walker got booked for the GIRUY gesture.

Now they want to book Cummings for his GIRUY gesture.

Just a couple of silly boys.

The Hibee Harp
06-01-2015, 04:41 PM
Supposedly, Cummings got booked for the shoosh gesture to the Yams. Walker got booked for the GIRUY gesture.

Now they want to book Cummings for his GIRUY gesture.Just a couple of silly boys.

I understand this 'offer' to be the equivalent of a red card and therefore Cummings will have received a red and yellow card for his celebration as the yellow still stands.

lord bunberry
06-01-2015, 04:46 PM

If Walker only gets a yellow for the girly gesture, why does Cummings get a red.?

Ozyhibby
06-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Cummings needs to get a grip as he is no good sitting in the stands. He was lucky to stay on the park on Sunday as it was. Amateur.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 04:47 PM

If it's classed as an "offensive gesture" then the referee should be sending the player off.

It shouldn't be a booking.

CropleyWasGod
06-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Cummings needs to get a grip as he is no good sitting in the stands. He was lucky to stay on the park on Sunday as it was. Amateur.

I'm with you on that.

When I saw his celebration on Sunday, my first thought was "prat....". He's young, though, and this might shake some sense into him.

matty_f
06-01-2015, 04:52 PM
What a joke. I really hope Hibs appeal this.

The Hibee Harp
06-01-2015, 04:54 PM
What a joke. I really hope Hibs appeal this.

:agree: IMO Hibs have to appeal this.

--------
06-01-2015, 04:56 PM
Brace yourselves, guys. This sort of thing's going to be the norm between now and the end of the season.

Now is the time for all dedicated Huns to come to the aid of their stinkin football team. Refs, journos, the SFA, the SPFL, the whole bleeding boiling of them.

Open season on us from now till The Rangers get promoted.

Just watch.

HFC 0-7
06-01-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm with you on that.

When I saw his celebration on Sunday, my first thought was "prat....". He's young, though, and this might shake some sense into him.

Must be hard for a young lad that age, against your former club, the former club being hearts and now playing for hibs to contain the emotion! It would be good to know what the complaint is though, if it's something separate from the celebration then fair enough, it is the celebration then it's harsh.

Kato
06-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Brace yourselves, guys. This sort of thing's going to be the norm between now and the end of the season.

Now is the time for all dedicated Huns to come to the aid of their stinkin football team. Refs, journos, the SFA, the SPFL, the whole bleeding boiling of them.

Just watch.

So true.

silverhibee
06-01-2015, 04:58 PM

Since when did that become a bookable offence.

CropleyWasGod
06-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Must be hard for a young lad that age, against your former club, the former club being hearts and now playing for hibs to contain the emotion! It would be good to know what the complaint is though, if it's something separate from the celebration then fair enough, it is the celebration then it's harsh.

Agreed.

I'm of the "tough love" school sometimes though. :greengrin If he screws the nut after this, without losing that edge that he has, then so much the better.

DTS
06-01-2015, 05:00 PM
I'd like to think we will appeal the ban on the grounds that it was dealt with in the game therefor shouldn't looked at retrospectively unless the ref hasn't seen one of the gestures! Also did walker I give the girfuy I didn't see it

itslegaltender
06-01-2015, 05:03 PM
I'd like to think we will appeal the ban on the grounds that it was dealt with in the game therefor shouldn't looked at retrospectively unless the ref hasn't seen one of the gestures! Also did walker I give the girfuy I didn't see it

Walker did. He ran to us as soon as the goal was scored doing the usual and then once he had been congratulated by his teammates, gave us the Fenlon.

WillowbraeHibby
06-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Paul Barnes ‏@STVPaul (https://twitter.com/STVPaul) 49s50 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/STVPaul/status/552496466439446528)
Update: Hibernian have accepted the one match ban offered to Jason Cummings. The striker will miss Saturday's game against Falkirk.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Paul Barnes ‏@STVPaul (https://twitter.com/STVPaul) 49s50 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/STVPaul/status/552496466439446528)
Update: Hibernian have accepted the one match ban offered to Jason Cummings. The striker will miss Saturday's game against Falkirk.

Disappointing.

Pete
06-01-2015, 05:13 PM
We provided photographic evidence of the offence on our official website. Pretty silly.

We learn and move on.

snooky

Just watch.

My take on the situation entirely.
Soft penalties, sending offs & bookings piled on against us.
Penalties and soft opposition sending offs in favour of The Rangers.

The wheels are already in motion.
The whole Scottish football set-up is rotten to the core - ay been, still is and will continue to be.
But we all know that already.

The Hibee Harp

Unless Hibs have more information than was in the SFA release, that is very poor from the club.

Ozyhibby
06-01-2015, 05:17 PM
If the two new players start well he could be sitting out a lot longer than one game. Silly boy.

--------
06-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Unless Hibs have more information than was in the SFA release, that is very poor from the club.

Maybe they were thinking it's better to accept the one-game ban than go to a hearing and lose the guy for a month.

WillowbraeHibby
06-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Maybe they were thinking it's better to accept the one-game ban than go to a hearing and lose the guy for a month.

Probably the thought process?... As long as the laddie learns, that is the main thing... However, wouldn't we all do similar if we were in his shoes... :greengrin

:flag:

The Hibee Harp
06-01-2015, 05:23 PM

I get what you are saying but if Hibs have accepted the ban without any further information that was in the SFA communication then its very disappointing. When was the last time we challenged one of these compliance officer 'offers'? We seem to lack a backbone when it comes to defending ourselves at times IMO.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 05:24 PM

Does that actually happen?

I'm sure there's been cases in the past where the accused's team has contested the charge, the charge has been upheld and yet the original length of the ban has remained the same.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2015, 05:25 PM
I hope the two new signings make it impossible for him and Malonga to get back in when they are available again.

--------
06-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Does that actually happen?

I'm sure there's been cases in the past where the accused's team has contested the charge, the charge has been upheld and yet the original length of the ban has remained the same.

As I said in a previous post -

"This sort of thing's going to be the norm between now and the end of the season.

Just watch."

There are no depths too deep, no crime too criminal to which the Scottish football establishment will not descent in the interests of their beloved Newco.

The scars of fifty years on my soul bear testimony.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 05:34 PM

"This sort of thing's going to be the norm between now and the end of the season.

Just watch."

There are no depths too deep, no crime too criminal to which the Scottish football establishment will not descent in the interests of their beloved Newco.

Got you. :aok:

Cod Boy
06-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Rangers need more than the refs help they are garbage.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-01-2015, 05:40 PM
What an absolute ****ing joke this compliance officer is. Absolute nonsense

Bronson
06-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Pretty sure the yellow card means the ref dealt with it on saturday.

This. What a ridiculous punishment for such a nothing offence.

andy1875
06-01-2015, 05:51 PM
How does this compliance officer work? For it to be fair, there surely has to be an officer of sorts at every game in the country, or does it fall to the referees/officials to flag things to him after the game?

It feels the bans offered seem to come from games on the tv. Sure it was Walker/Stevenson in the last derby and sure there's been other occasions this year, which escape me at the moment.

I have have this impression that it involves, watching Sportscene and if a player does anything covered in the highlights, then bang, that's your evidence. If Sportscene don't cover it, or if the game is not on Sky/BT, there's no case to answer.

I may of course be completely wrong.

The Hibee Harp
06-01-2015, 05:54 PM
How does this compliance officer work? For it to be fair, there surely has to be an officer of sorts at every game in the country, or does it fall to the referees/officials to flag things to him after the game?

It feels the bans offered seem to come from games on the tv. Sure it was Walker/Stevenson in the last derby and sure there's been other occasions this year, which escape me at the moment.

I have have this impression that it involves, watching Sportscene and if a player does anything covered in the highlights, then bang, that's your evidence. If Sportscene don't cover it, or if the game is not on Sky/BT, there's no case to answer.

I may of course be completely wrong.

That's basically it. It's fairer in the Premiership as every game is covered, but given Championship coverage in the main is mostly Hibs, Hearts and Rangers then those clubs are at an obvious disadvantage.

Hiber-nation
06-01-2015, 05:54 PM
What an absolute farce. Who the hell's going to play up front on Saturday? Heff and Boyle?

Edit: Just noticed we've signed a striker which is good. Still a farce though!

Bostonhibby
06-01-2015, 05:56 PM

Just watch."

:agree:

Billy Whizz
06-01-2015, 05:57 PM
I think he's only 1/2 yellow cards away from another ban as well

scoopyboy
06-01-2015, 05:58 PM
What an absolute farce. Who the hell's going to play up front on Saturday? Heff and Boyle?

Edit: Just noticed we've signed a striker which is good. Still a farce though!

We could always play Djedje:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

ancient hibee
06-01-2015, 05:58 PM
A journalist(can't remember which paper)said on Monday that Cummings and Walker were booked for nothing and that if it continued games wouldn't last 90 minutes because of the number of players who would be inside early.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Ah consistency.................:wink:

Hiber-nation
06-01-2015, 06:04 PM
We could always play Djedje:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

:greengrin

Didnae think to check the other threads - you just don't expect Hibs to sign a striker at the start of the window!

StarMan10
06-01-2015, 06:04 PM
An absolute farce. The game's gone crazy if this is the sort stuff supsensions are given for. This compliance officer is an absolute welt just looking to justify a paycheck. Absolute madness.

cabbageandribs1875
06-01-2015, 06:07 PM
An absolute farce. The game's gone crazy if this is the sort stuff supsensions are given for. This compliance officer is an absolute welt just looking to justify a paycheck. Absolute madness.

indeed :agree:

SneakersO'Toole
06-01-2015, 06:12 PM
If you watch the highlights carefully when Walker is running towards the Hibs fans after scoring, you can see that welt C.Paterson giving the Hibs fans the Fenlon esk GIRUY. Where is his or Walkers ban?

Disgraceful and I'm disappointed Hibs have accepted this. We should be showing more backbone against the SFA clowns.

dl33
06-01-2015, 06:22 PM
Is the ban definitely for the GIRFUY?? I noticed him giving some hearts fan the old fat belly gesture in the second half....could be classed as insulting??

Ronniekirk
06-01-2015, 06:23 PM

Didnae think to check the other threads - you just don't expect Hibs to sign a striker at the start of the window!
Times have changed and Petrie is no longer pulling the strings Thankfully L D is a woman of action not just words :wink:

--------
06-01-2015, 06:25 PM

I don't want to alarm anyone, but scuttlebutt in North Lanarkshire is that Walter Smith has been appointed compliance officer for all Hibs' remaining Chamiopnship matches this season.

He has promised that no one will be able to accuse him of not earning his fee. :devil:

JOKE.

lord bunberry
06-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Football in 20 years is going to be a dull sport to watch

Jack
06-01-2015, 06:29 PM
So he's got himself booked and now he's got this.

Does that mean they're saying he should have been sent off during the match - 2 yellow card offences?

I've seen players pick up 2 yellows at once but I doubt it's ever happened for goalscoring celebrations.

Farce.

c31
06-01-2015, 06:30 PM
If you watch the highlights carefully when Walker is running towards the Hibs fans after scoring, you can see that welt C.Paterson giving the Hibs fans the Fenlon esk GIRUY. Where is his or Walkers ban?

Disgraceful and I'm disappointed Hibs have accepted this. We should be showing more backbone against the SFA clowns.

Has anyone reported this, it needs brought to the attention of the compliance officer?

thebakerboy
06-01-2015, 06:36 PM
If Walker only gets a yellow for the girly gesture, why does Cummings get a red.?

Sorry what don't you get , Walker plays for the'FAMOUS BIG TEAM' while Cummings plays for Hibs:dunno:

snooky
06-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Has anyone reported this, it needs brought to the attention of the compliance officer?

Even if they did he would likely say "I see no ships"

Wheat Hound
06-01-2015, 06:41 PM
So he's got himself booked and now he's got this.

Does that mean they're saying he should have been sent off during the match - 2 yellow card offences?

I've seen players pick up 2 yellows at once but I doubt it's ever happened for goalscoring celebrations.

Farce.

yeh I can only presume they are saying it would be a straight red replacing the yellow, as I can't see how you could get 2 yellows for the same celebration??

lord bunberry
06-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Sorry what don't you get , Walker plays for the'FAMOUS BIG TEAM' while Cummings plays for Hibs:dunno:

It can only be that

Jim44
06-01-2015, 06:45 PM
We can complain all we want about this sort of issue, but we don't have a leg to stand on. No doubt I'll be accused of adopting a superior than thou attitude, but I'm fed up complaining about players being penalised for OTT goal celebrations. A few excitable and amusing seconds are very costly when they ultimately catch up with you in terms of bans. I think managers should go to town in docking wages of these offenders.

lord bunberry
06-01-2015, 06:48 PM
We can complain all we want about this sort of issue, but we don't have a leg to stand on. No doubt I'll be accused of adopting a superior than thou attitude, but I'm fed up complaining about players being penalised for OTT goal celebrations. A few excitable and amusing seconds are very costly when they ultimately catch up with you in terms of bans. I think managers should go to town in docking wages for these offenders.
His reaction was understandable imo. He was put on the scrap heap when he got injured whilst playing for hearts. A few years of frustration probably let itself out when he scored.

greenginger
06-01-2015, 06:52 PM

info@scottishfa.co.uk

Don't see a separate email for the compliance twat. I think that address takes all SFA correspondance.

emerald green
06-01-2015, 06:58 PM
If the compliance officer :doh: issued a complaint against JC what is his reason for JC being singled out? No consistency from these incompetent a***holes.

Same old.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 07:01 PM
That's basically it. It's fairer in the Premiership as every game is covered, but given Championship coverage in the main is mostly Hibs, Hearts and Rangers then those clubs are at an obvious disadvantage.

All they do with Sevco players is serve them with a notice of complaint and then once Sevco contest it, the appeal is upheld a la Boyd against us in the match at Ibrox.

Basically lip service.

dchibs
06-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Unfortunately this. I didn't think the ref was going to book him til he left the pitch. Craig seemed to protest that it was his team mates momentum that caused him to go trackside. Can't see Hibs appealing. Downside of cameras being there.
Why not appeal, if Boyd can get away with headbutting a Hibs player caught on camera i think we should.

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Do we know what this is for or are we all just assuming?

Can Bauben and Gomis get their 2nd, 3rd and 4th yellow card retrospectively as well?

CraigHibee
06-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Why not appeal, if Boyd can get away with headbutting a Hibs player caught on camera i think we should.

totally agree! that was one of the worst decisions ever

Jim44
06-01-2015, 07:40 PM
His reaction was understandable imo. He was put on the scrap heap when he got injured whilst playing for hearts. A few years of frustration probably let itself out when he scored.

I can see where you are coming from and maybe in Cumming's case there might just be grounds for trying to justify his actions but my frustration is aimed more generally at unnecessary, OTT and very costly celebrations.

brog
06-01-2015, 07:42 PM
There's no doubt JC is a bit of a daft wee laddie at times but to suggest he could have been sent off on Saturday is ridiculous. The problem lies with our lickspittle referees & our incompetent administrators. In England I doubt if either Cummings or Walker would have been booked. FWIW I hate the shoosh gesture but the fact is you see it happening every week at almost every ground in the country, & I mean the UK. Also in England JC would never have been booked for leaving the field, if he did it was by a yard & for a second, he wasn't running into the crowd, luckily for him! A complete farce & I'm disappointed with Hibs in not contesting the ban, hopefully they may issue an explanatory statement.

bigwheel
06-01-2015, 07:43 PM
what i done understand about this..is how can the SFA act , as the referee booked him at the time, in the same incident. I thought they could only act if the referee missed the incident?

JimBHibees
06-01-2015, 07:45 PM

Just watch.

Indeed compare and contrast with Boyd getting off with a clear head butt and you can add the numerous offences McCulloch gets off with. Joke.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2015, 07:47 PM
As Doddie says above, we better get used to it, the new boys are in trouble again and elements of the SPFL want them/their team in the top flight asap - its not going to plan because of us and the yam primarily, its hard for them to stop the yam but we are another matter. If its us and the new boys in the play offs I'd want UN Observers and foreign referees at the matches.

Smartie
06-01-2015, 07:49 PM
I can see where you are coming from and maybe in Cumming's case there might just be grounds for trying to justify his actions but my frustration is aimed more generally at unnecessary, OTT and very costly celebrations.

FWIW I agree with you 100%.

Ok, he's a daft laddie and it'll have been emotional for him after what he went through after leaving them but that was always going to be the case the first time he scored against them. Players need to have a bit of restraint and to know how to behave themselves.

With Farid injured and Malonga away, we're lucky we've had the opportunity to sign a new player today. This could have been (and might yet still prove to be) a very costly - yet totally unnecessary - suspension indeed.

Just because Walker also acted like a phanny when he scored doesn't excuse Cummings. Classic OF-esque whataboutery.

I'd throw the book at stuff like this if I was a manager. We need our best players playing, and it's another big game this Saturday.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 07:51 PM
As Doddie says above, we better get used to it, the new boys are in trouble again and elements of the SPFL want them/their team in the top flight asap - its not going to plan because of us and the yam primarily, its hard for them to stop the yam but we are another matter. If its us and the new boys in the play offs I'd want UN Oboservers and foreign referees at the matches.

Having Bilel Mohsni and Ian Black in the blue corner will do for me.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Having Bilel Mohsni and Ian Black in the blue corner will do for me.

:greengrin The image that went through my mind there was Black in a boxing ring, Queensberry rules, gloves on, three 5 minutes round, naewhere to hide and a sly kick or elbow won't help you. Form an orderly queue.:take that

Deansy
06-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Why oh why do Hibs consistently roll-over and not contest these ridiculous charges ?. We could use TV-evidence to prove if retroactive-action is necessary against Cummings then why not Walker, Gomis for instance ?. Septic seem to use their lawyers for these things - why not us ?

Going back to the days/70's when Arthur Duncan (rarely in trouble with refs) got an 8-game/week ban for reaching x-amount of disciplinary-points. At the same meeting, the Hun's Tommy MacClean (never out of trouble with refs) got 4-game/week ban yet had the SAME points-tally as Duncan !!. Sheer coincidence it was mainly between us and them to win the league that season !

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Games gone mad

silverhibee
06-01-2015, 08:14 PM
We can complain all we want about this sort of issue, but we don't have a leg to stand on. No doubt I'll be accused of adopting a superior than thou attitude, but I'm fed up complaining about players being penalised for OTT goal celebrations. A few excitable and amusing seconds are very costly when they ultimately catch up with you in terms of bans. I think managers should go to town in docking wages of these offenders.

Have you ever scored the winning goal or a goal in a Derby game Jim. :greengrin

silverhibee
06-01-2015, 08:17 PM

Could you give some instances where this has happened with Hibs players, apart from JC at the weekend.

Nomeancity
06-01-2015, 08:21 PM
And here we have it, the evidence the new Huns are officially panicking. We need to qualify for the playoffs as quickly as possible, then get the reserves in for the remaining games or we'll have nobody left to play them.

silverhibee
06-01-2015, 08:32 PM
"Cummings' charge is for an incident during the Edinburgh derby when he is alleged to have gestured to Hearts supporters after he scored the opening goal of the game. The match official did not see the gesture and it was not included in his match report".

So what did the ref book him for then, does the ref even no he has booked Cummings.

Capt Mainwaring
[QUOTE=Deansy;4266927]Why oh why do Hibs consistently roll-over and not contest these ridiculous charges ?. We could use TV-evidence to prove if retroactive-action is necessary against Cummings then why not Walker, Gomis for instance ?. Septic seem to use their lawyers for these things - why not us?

We have successfully challenged in the past when the case is there to win. The Gary O' Connor "dive" for instance. In this case however much we disagree - we haven't a leg to stand on. Stupid and petulant on Cummings behalf.

Squealing pig
Has the laddie got a brain lol

Jim44
06-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Could you give some instances where this has happened with Hibs players, apart from JC at the weekend.

Sorry, can't remember details and am not going to waste time looking for them, but as I remember posting about this issue on a few occasions, I know that it was because Hibs players were involved.

hibbytam
06-01-2015, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=Deansy;4266927]Why oh why do Hibs consistently roll-over and not contest these ridiculous charges ?. We could use TV-evidence to prove if retroactive-action is necessary against Cummings then why not Walker, Gomis for instance ?. Septic seem to use their lawyers for these things - why not us?

We have successfully challenged in the past when the case is there to win. The Gary O' Connor "dive" for instance. In this case however much we disagree - we haven't a leg to stand on. Stupid and petulant on Cummings behalf.
Really? I would have thought that the matter was dealt with by the referee at the time, we do have a leg to stand on.

Add to that the fact the rule is idiotic and unevenly enforced.

Carheenlea
06-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Why is this gesture deemed so offensive it merits a ban?
Laughable.

lapsedhibee
06-01-2015, 08:49 PM

Did LG not miss a game or two for us because of similar tomfoolery?

truehibernian
06-01-2015, 08:57 PM

I remember many many moons ago SH taking part in a penalty competition at Easter Road when Hibs played Celtic........Charlie Nicholas was on the verge of the golden boot........as a starry eyed youngster I was left dumbstruck when Murdo McLeod was asking me stuff in the tunnel (he was with the 'Tic at the time) as we waited to go onto the pitch before the actual game kicked off.

Anyway, myself and another teammate had to take 3 pens each against our respective keepers........I missed one but scored two and on each occasion gave the huge Celtic support a 'Derek GIRUY' :greengrin far from being booed they loved it........so did the Hibs support :greengrin I still remember it like it was yesterday....

Knocked Salveson BC out that day but Hibs got beat I think 2 or 3-0.......but I loved giving the Celtic fans the vickies :greengrin got to meet Jackie Mac Snr tae, even though he was in a ganting mood having been sent off :faf:........good times :aok:

On a serious note, when you look at what goes on in the world, and what folk get up to in sport, is giving fans the bird really something that 'offends' or really would, in Scotland, cause major ructions........you'll always get the odd crackpot who does what he did to Deek or Lennon.......but the Cummings ban is utterly crazy. I'd be giving them far more than a 'ssshhhh' or a wee 'up ye' that's for sure :greengrin when you think about all the abuse a player takes, is it really that surprising they give a wee gesture back ?

Eyrie
06-01-2015, 08:58 PM
Very disappointed that the club have caved in on this one.

Cummings was clearly booked at the time for his celebration, so how can he be the target of further action when the referee did not think it merited more than a yellow at the time?

Swedish hibee
06-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Shocking. Absolutely shocking. The SFA are a complete joke.

Capt Mainwaring
06-01-2015, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=Capt Mainwaring;4266952]
Really? I would have thought that the matter was dealt with by the referee at the time, we do have a leg to stand on.

Add to that the fact the rule is idiotic and unevenly enforced.

Really! That's why Hibs have accepted the Ban offered.

Stupid rule, unevenly enforced but that not a case to challenge the Ban.

silverhibee
06-01-2015, 09:04 PM

For celebrating goals, can't remember that.

Swedish hibee
06-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Why is this gesture deemed so offensive it merits a ban?
Laughable.

The old guy did it in the bowling in the commonwealth games, was pronounced a 'Scottish hero' & on the front of newspapers..

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 09:08 PM

Not after celebrating a goal.

He did it during general play.

andrew70
06-01-2015, 09:08 PM
For celebrating goals, can't remember that.

I am sure he done it after scoring a goal at Cowdenbeath, might be wrong though.

JohnStephens91
06-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Not after celebrating a goal.

He did it during general play.

He did do it after scoring a goal, his long-range raker against Cowdenbeath in the Scottish Cup

Nomeancity
06-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Shocking. Absolutely shocking. The SFA are a complete joke.

I have a lot of respect for the SFA, they have the balls to not even try and disguise their west coast bias.

staunchhibby
06-01-2015, 09:37 PM
We should e-mail en mass to seek an answer as to why its only Jason that has been cited:thumbsup:

Nomeancity
06-01-2015, 09:41 PM
We should be citing the SFA - have they not just given us the GIRFUY.

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 09:42 PM
He did do it after scoring a goal, his long-range raker against Cowdenbeath in the Scottish Cup

You're right enough.

My apologies. :aok:

Bostonhibby
06-01-2015, 09:46 PM
"Cummings' charge is for an incident during the Edinburgh derby when he is alleged to have gestured to Hearts supporters after he scored the opening goal of the game. The match official did not see the gesture and it was not included in his match report".

So what did the ref book him for then, does the ref even no he has booked Cummings.

Maybe he hadn't fulfilled his Hibs quota at that point and was worried about getting hauled up by the beaks?

Joking aside, nae idea how Bauben and Gomis got away with their constant fouling, at the end the ref counted about 8 fouls out to Gomis before he actually booked him, way too little, way too late but the yam knew they'd be able to do it so probably formed part of the yam game plan - there was evidence of fouling in rotation!

hibee92
06-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Clearly not too pleased about it

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/550783943382151168/z1Vbc8qE_bigger.jpegJason Cummings‏ (https://twitter.com/Jasoncummings35)

Match ban for celebrating your goal..Bore off. The games gone! https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f648.png

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Clearly not too pleased about it

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/550783943382151168/z1Vbc8qE_bigger.jpegJason Cummings‏ (https://twitter.com/Jasoncummings35)

Match ban for celebrating your goal..Bore off. The games gone! https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v1/72x72/1f648.png

That'll be another ban then for bringing the game into disrepute.

Tyler Durden
06-01-2015, 10:21 PM
This situation could only happen in Scotland and I'm disappointed Hibs are accepting this.

Griffiths was twice done by Vince Lunny and I think Higdon also got a one game ban for giving his own fans the GIRUY gesture. Can someone tell me which particular law this gesture breaches? Has any player ever been penalised for using it in leagues across the globe? Who decides what is offensive? I'm sure us Hibbys were equally offended (ie not offended in the slightest) by Walkers celebration.

It's nonsense if they claim the ref booked him for something other than the GIRUY gesture. If it was the shush gesture he was booked for then why no booking in previous games when he's done that? Hibs should be drawing attention to the inconsistency here, not just rolling over.

Even from a tactical perspective would we not be better appealing and having him in the side this week?

Sir David Gray
06-01-2015, 10:29 PM
This situation could only happen in Scotland and I'm disappointed Hibs are accepting this.

Griffiths was twice done by Vince Lunny and I think Higdon also got a one game ban for giving his own fans the GIRUY gesture. Can someone tell me which particular law this gesture breaches? Has any player ever been penalised for using it in leagues across the globe? Who decides what is offensive? I'm sure us Hibbys were equally offended (ie not offended in the slightest) by Walkers celebration.

It's nonsense if they claim the ref booked him for something other than the GIRUY gesture. If it was the shush gesture he was booked for then why no booking in previous games when he's done that? Hibs should be drawing attention to the inconsistency here, not just rolling over.

Even from a tactical perspective would we not be better appealing and having him in the side this week?

If he appeals it, the hearing would be held on Thursday so the only way he would be able to play on Saturday would be if Hibs appeal the ban and the appeals board overturn the ban.

Tyler Durden
06-01-2015, 10:36 PM
If he appeals it, the hearing would be held on Thursday so the only way he would be able to play on Saturday would be if Hibs appeal the ban and the appeals board overturn the ban.

These damned appeal boards and their reasonably timed hearings!

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Think he's deleted that tweet already.
The longer tonight goes on, the more I'm raging about this. Utter farce. Raging at Hibs just accepting it as well. I hope we get some sort of explanation from them. He was booked at the time. Making up the rules as they go along. No consistency either.
Jamie Walker made a bee line for us in the East after the league cup game last season and gave us about 4 GIRUY. Compliance officer on his night off then I guess?

It was actually 3 times Sparky got done! Once for gesturing to us at Cowdenbeath, second time was for for a similar gesture to the Rangers fans at ER and the third one was for sticking his middle finger up at Hibs fans in the FF when he came over to take a corner late on in a game.

Manxhibs
06-01-2015, 11:24 PM
I've just emailed the address which was posted a few pages back, I realise it won't get looked at but it mademe feel better. Ineptitude at its finest and really got my blood boiling, should stop typing as I can feel myself going again haha.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2015, 11:37 PM
These damned appeal boards and their reasonably timed hearings!
Agree, there'll be panel members queueing outside the door with burning torches when they hear a hibs player is up for execution[emoji6]

Hannah_hfc
07-01-2015, 12:26 AM
Hopefully giving them the GIRUY will stop the yams posting the Cummings 5-1 pic from a couple years back at every opportunity...

One of us now!

Mikey09
07-01-2015, 12:37 AM
Think he's deleted that tweet already.
The longer tonight goes on, the more I'm raging about this. Utter farce. Raging at Hibs just accepting it as well. I hope we get some sort of explanation from them. He was booked at the time. Making up the rules as they go along. No consistency either.
Jamie Walker made a bee line for us in the East after the league cup game last season and gave us about 4 GIRUY. Compliance officer on his night off then I guess?

It was actually 3 times Sparky got done! Once for gesturing to us at Cowdenbeath, second time was for for a similar gesture to the Rangers fans at ER and the third one was for sticking his middle finger up at Hibs fans in the FF when he came over to take a corner late on in a game.

Hibs may be pulling a fast one here considering it states the match ban is for SPFL Premiership match...:wink:

Sir David Gray
07-01-2015, 12:38 AM
Hibs may be pulling a fast one here considering it states the match ban is for SPFL Premiership match...:wink:

It's been changed, it now says Championship.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2565&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14155

Mikey09
07-01-2015, 12:49 AM
It's been changed, it now says Championship.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2565&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14155

Ah well.... Wonder who spotted Cummings doing that? Wonder who complained?? Surely someone has brought this to the attention of the compliance officer?? Ref didn't see it. Linos didn't see it. Neither did the forth official as all of them would have said to the ref at the time and Cummings would have walked. Had to have been someone else then.... Mmm... Wonder who would be petty enough to tell tales?? :hmmm: :yw:

Sir David Gray
07-01-2015, 12:55 AM
Ah well.... Wonder who spotted Cummings doing that? Wonder who complained?? Surely someone has brought this to the attention of the compliance officer?? Ref didn't see it. Linos didn't see it. Neither did the forth official as all of them would have said to the ref at the time and Cummings would have walked. Had to have been someone else then.... Mmm... Wonder who would be petty enough to tell tales?? :hmmm: :yw:

I'm not actually sure that the referee would have sent him off if he had seen it at the time to be honest (even although the rules state than making an offensive gesture is a red card offence).

Cast your mind back a few years ago when Derek Riordan was being substituted during an Edinburgh Derby at Easter Road and he made exactly the same gesture to the Hearts fans as Cummings did on Saturday and it was obvious to everyone what he had done.

The referee booked him just before he left the pitch.

Salisbury Hibby
07-01-2015, 04:28 AM
I'm not a great fan of the shooshing, GIRUYs and other taunts to fans. I watched the 0-7 game earlier on today and there was none of that nonsense. Better times in more ways than one.

Stewboy
07-01-2015, 06:58 AM
I'm not a great fan of the shooshing, GIRUYs and other taunts to fans. I watched the 0-7 game earlier on today and there was none of that nonsense. Better times in more ways than one.

Next time we score 7 against them I will happily forgive the players for not doing a GIRUY sign!

Tyler Durden
07-01-2015, 07:20 AM
I'm not actually sure that the referee would have sent him off if he had seen it at the time to be honest (even although the rules state than making an offensive gesture is a red card offence).

Cast your mind back a few years ago when Derek Riordan was being substituted during an Edinburgh Derby at Easter Road and he made exactly the same gesture to the Hearts fans as Cummings did on Saturday and it was obvious to everyone what he had done.

The referee booked him just before he left the pitch.

Exactly, there's no way the ref would have sent him off. I don't believe for a second the red didn't see the gesture. It would and should be treated as one offence - it's one goal celebration FFS.

Looking back to Boyds appeal, he appealed on the 2nd of October and was immediately invited to a hearing on the 9th, allowing Rangers to field him in game between those dates. Surely in that case they should simply have looked at the video and found him guilty without any hearing. I'm sure that would be the response if we appealed this.

Again, they appear to make up the process as they go. Who had heard of a football offence having a "Not proven" verdict before?

Biggie
07-01-2015, 07:37 AM
Pathetic.......the ref dealt with it....end of.
Scottish football is well and truly ****ed up........why is walker not getting done as well ?

scoopyboy
07-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Have Hibs accepted it?

3pm
07-01-2015, 08:08 AM
Have Hibs accepted it?

There was a tweet yesterday saying we had.

Edit - It wasn't a Hibs one unless that's changed.

scoopyboy
07-01-2015, 08:38 AM
There was a tweet yesterday saying we had.

Edit - It wasn't a Hibs one unless that's changed.

That's what I thought, usually Hibs would make an official announcement.

I'm not so sure this is finished.

Billy Whizz
07-01-2015, 08:52 AM
That's what I thought, usually Hibs would make an official announcement.

I'm not so sure this is finished.

Interesting, thanks

erin go bragh
07-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Am i missing something. did he ref not book JC for his giruy to the puddle drinkers !
or was the booking for scoring :cb bunch of corrupt barstewards .

GGTTH

dp00
07-01-2015, 10:51 AM
The yellow card for both of them was needless . They hardly really done anything

sambajustice
07-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Players will be getting banned for scoring goals next. I for one certainly feel angry and offended any time i'm at a match and Hibs concede a goal so if thats all it takes to get a player banned...

Keith_M
07-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Am i missing something. did he ref not book JC for his giruy to the puddle drinkers !
or was the booking for scoring :cb bunch of corrupt barstewards .

GGTTH

There was a suggestion earlier in the thread that the booking was for leaving the field of play and not for the GIRUY.

I just wish our players wouldn't do anything so stupid and give the CO the opportunity in the first place.

Mikey09
07-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Sorry. Can't get my head round the fact of why the CO would look at this incident knowing McLean had already taken action. Only reason he would do so is if someone has complained. Had a couple of run ins with Vince Lunny when he was in the post. Decent guy. Said he was inundated with E mails from supporters on Monday mornings. This is what has happened with Cummings. Trust me.....

Argylehibby
07-01-2015, 12:07 PM
There was a suggestion earlier in the thread that the booking was for leaving the field of play and not for the GIRUY.

I just wish our players wouldn't do anything so stupid and give the CO the opportunity in the first place.

I could be wrong but I'm sure it was highlighted by a referee on here before. Is it not the case that when you commit 2 offences in the same incident you only get done for the more serious of the 2. In other words if JC left the field and gestured or produced 2 GIRUY gestures he would still only get 1 booking but if he had for example gestured and then punched someone he would get a straight red not a yellow for the gesture and then a straight red. Hope that makes sense but the gist of it is he could commit 2 separate bookable offences in the same incident and get 1 booking.

Radge70
07-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Why oh why do Hibs consistently roll-over and not contest these ridiculous charges ?. We could use TV-evidence to prove if retroactive-action is necessary against Cummings then why not Walker, Gomis for instance ?. Septic seem to use their lawyers for these things - why not us ?

Luis Suarez and his legal team said with a straight face that they didn't think the "N" work was offensive, which is how these things work when you are trying to defend them from a legal stand point. Fair enough he never got away with it in the end but I think you are absolutely correct that we should try to appeal and that it's a strategy that Celtic have used to good effect.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of scope to claim that the GIRUP (or "Forearm Jerk" as it seems to be properly known as) isn't offensive but Cummings is indeed a "daft wee laddie" so it's not inconceivable that he didn't truly understand what he was doing and I think that there is plenty legal precedence in that regard.

In all honesty I didn't fully understand the gesture myself until I researched it. One artical says " This macho combination of a gigantic erect p* **s and a threatening fist says, 'F* *k off!', or 'Up yours!' very vehemently. As a special bonus, the slapping of the hand against the opposing arm makes it seem as if the super-p* **s has gone so far up the recipient's receiving canal, it can't go any further. Is this what Cummings was really imagining to himself when he gestured to all those lovely jambos?

GreenArmy1875
07-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Was he booked for giving it the shhhh sign or the GIRUY?

Unbelievable if booked for the shhh. What's the rules on the that?

The Hibee Harp
07-01-2015, 12:35 PM
I could be wrong but I'm sure it was highlighted by a referee on here before. Is it not the case that when you commit 2 offences in the same incident you only get done for the more serious of the 2. In other words if JC left the field and gestured or produced 2 GIRUY gestures he would still only get 1 booking but if he had for example gestured and then punched someone he would get a straight red not a yellow for the gesture and then a straight red. Hope that makes sense but the gist of it is he could commit 2 separate bookable offences in the same incident and get 1 booking.

If that's the case then Hibs decision to just accept the double punishment is even more ridiculous.

Mikey09
07-01-2015, 12:49 PM
I think Hibs need to make a statement re this ridiculous punishment. I remember Skacel doing this finger to the lips nearly every time he scored and was rarely booked..... No wonder we are an easy target, our club doesn't stand up to the authorities. Pathetic.

--------
07-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Luis Suarez and his legal team said with a straight face that they didn't think the "N" work was offensive, which is how these things work when you are trying to defend them from a legal stand point. Fair enough he never got away with it in the end but I think you are absolutely correct that we should try to appeal and that it's a strategy that Celtic have used to good effect.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of scope to claim that the GIRUP (or "Forearm Jerk" as it seems to be properly known as) isn't offensive but Cummings is indeed a "daft wee laddie" so it's not inconceivable that he didn't truly understand what he was doing and I think that there is plenty legal precedence in that regard.

In all honesty I didn't fully understand the gesture myself until I researched it. One artical says " This macho combination of a gigantic erect p* **s and a threatening fist says, 'F* *k off!', or 'Up yours!' very vehemently. As a special bonus, the slapping of the hand against the opposing arm makes it seem as if the super-p* **s has gone so far up the recipient's receiving canal, it can't go any further. Is this what Cummings was really imagining to himself when he gestured to all those lovely jambos?

Perhaps he wasn't, but that's what the gesture means and in the context of a derby match it's clearly a stupid and offensive thing to do.

(But I would find it VERY hard to believe that Jason Cummings has reached the middle of his 20th year on this planet without knowing exactly what the Forearm Jerk was communicating to the people he directed it towards. He knew what he was doing and he shouldn't have done it.)

Bad Martini
07-01-2015, 12:56 PM
*****bags should have contested it. And if we failed, given them the almighty collective fenlon...aye, they might well and in fact WILL shaft us in favour of their manky hun pals, but we could at least make it difficult for the cheating bassas.

As for Cummings. Stupid thing to do. Made the goal ALL the sweeter tho. Lets no sit there hollier than thou....if YOU had the chance (and you're not one of the 6207 yams infiltrating this board) and if YOU had just netted against THEM at the PBS, YOU would have done the same. Aye, ye would...ye would! Ye would, ye would, ye would, ye would.

GIRFUY YAMBOIDS

ENDOF

leroykincade
07-01-2015, 12:56 PM
this seems wholly unfair, I want to know why walker is not getting the same punishment. There must be photo evidence of walker at the roseburn end.

scoopyboy
07-01-2015, 01:09 PM
If that's the case then Hibs decision to just accept the double punishment is even more ridiculous.

I ask again, have we accepted it?

The Hibee Harp
07-01-2015, 01:11 PM
I ask again, have we accepted it?

It has been reported by a couple of journos that we have.

If we haven't then we should've put a statement out saying we are contesting it.

scoopyboy
07-01-2015, 01:14 PM
It has been reported by a couple of journos that we have.

If we haven't then we should've put a statement out saying we are contesting it.

Fair enough, didn't know the journos bit.

We should put out a statement IMO irrespective if we are appealing it or not.

The_Exile
07-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Does Jason's disciplinary points reset after the ban? If so, perhaps the thought process is to take it on the chin and not have a "1 yellow card away from suspension" situation looming over him for the run in?

lord bunberry
07-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Does Jason's disciplinary points reset after the ban? If so, perhaps the thought process is to take it on the chin and not have a "1 yellow card away from suspension" situation looming over him for the run in?

I'm not sure, but with Malonga away we need all hands on deck, so I'd be surprised if that was the thinking, especially with us playing Falkirk

Radge70
07-01-2015, 01:28 PM
I would find it VERY hard to believe that Jason Cummings has reached the middle of his 20th year on this planet without knowing exactly what the Forearm Jerk was communicating

I would find it very hard to believe too but in any legal argument you have to capitalise on any element of doubt. Pistorius didn't deliberately kill his girlfriend you know and that's despite a huge amount of people thinking that it was "VERY hard" to beleive..........

Canongatehibs
07-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Obviously been grassed up to Vincent Van Lummy by a bitter Poppy Thief.

scoopyboy
07-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Obviously been grassed up to Vincent Van Lummy by a bitter Poppy Thief.

Vinnie has gone mate, however a mini Vinnie has taken over now and is just as inefficient.

Wee Scottie Dug
07-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Hibs have rejected the offer of a 1 game ban ........ Source Hibs website

hibee_girl
07-01-2015, 03:39 PM
We've rejected the ban offer

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14160

Weststandwanab
07-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Good decision.

S4uzee
07-01-2015, 03:42 PM

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14160
Good stuff Hibs. I seem to remember Boyd getting off with a headbutt so we will see how the SFA handle this

Scouse Hibee
07-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Quite right too, far too many inconsistencies regarding this looking at alleged offences after the game has finished.

lapsedhibee
07-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Good stuff Hibs. I seem to remember Boyd getting off with a headbutt so we will see how the SFA handle this

Risky. Won't the the huns want his ban bumped up to two games now?

Mikey
07-01-2015, 03:50 PM
I think Hibs need to make a statement re this ridiculous punishment. I remember Skacel doing this finger to the lips nearly every time he scored and was rarely booked..... No wonder we are an easy target, our club doesn't stand up to the authorities. Pathetic.

Not any more :wink:

matty_f
07-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Well done Hibs.

ACLeith
07-01-2015, 03:55 PM
So where was the evidence that we had meekly accepted the ban?

McSwanky
07-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Once again, the meeja excel in their accurate reporting of events.

Muppets. :rolleyes:

WillowbraeHibby
07-01-2015, 04:06 PM
So where was the evidence that we had meekly accepted the ban?

I posted this yesterday from the below tweet... Don't blame me... (Only posted what I seen).. :confused:

Paul Barnes ‏@STVPaul (https://twitter.com/STVPaul)49s50 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/STVPaul/status/552496466439446528)

McSwanky
07-01-2015, 04:07 PM
I posted this yesterday from the below tweet... Don't blame me... (Only posted what I seen).. :confused:

Paul Barnes ‏@STVPaul (https://twitter.com/STVPaul)49s50 seconds ago (https://twitter.com/STVPaul/status/552496466439446528)

He now says:

"Hibernian have changed their mind about accepting Jason Cummings' one match ban and have now decided to contest it. SFA hearing tomorrow."

Yes, Paul. Cos that's exactly what happened.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Posted already on the other thread on this subject but I'm delighted to hear this.

It may still go against us but at least the club is doing all that it can to fight this.

The charge against Cummings is a nonsense and the club should fight this all the way.

MurrayfieldHibs
07-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Very pleased that we have at long last stood up to the SFA. Another sign of positive change at ER. Keep it going Leanne.:thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
07-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Well played Hibs :aok:

Juice-Terry
07-01-2015, 04:16 PM
If we fail in our challenge will Cummings automatically receive a two match ban? :confused:

Hibs Class
07-01-2015, 04:21 PM
If we fail in our challenge will Cummings automatically receive a two match ban? :confused:

Don't see why - it can hardly be described as a frivolous appeal when the decision to ban is so clearly wrong.

StarMan10
07-01-2015, 04:22 PM

Nope the case will be dealt with on Thursday to decide whether to overturn the decision. If they do not overturn the decision then they have the option to increase the length of the ban but it would be highly unlikely in these circumstances.

Deansy
07-01-2015, 04:23 PM

'Fixed suspension offer rejcted. Principal hearing date set for Thursday, 8th January 2015'

Cheers GFA - plenty of time to prepare our defence, eh ............

1) Apart from JC being cleared, here's hoping it's also made clear exactly what the 'offence' was that he allegedly committed !

2) If, whatever this action is, is from TV replays because the ref missed it, Hibs can also use TV to point out other things he missed - Gomis for starters ! A 'Learning-tool' for the ref in future thus doing our bit for integrity and all that.

The Hibee Harp
07-01-2015, 04:26 PM

You gotta love a sneaky journolist :wink:

TBF it is quite possible that having initially accepted the punishment, Hibs have since taken note of supporters' strong feelings on here and reconsidered their stance.

I'm not saying that happened but its possible.

ACLeith
07-01-2015, 04:30 PM

Not getting at you WH. Yet more evidence that we should NEVER trust the MSM :rolleyes:

WillowbraeHibby
07-01-2015, 04:33 PM
Not getting at you WH. Yet more evidence that we should NEVER trust the MSM :rolleyes:

Agreed ACL ... Wholeheartedly !!!!!!! :wink:

Leithenhibby
07-01-2015, 04:34 PM
TBF it is quite possible that having initially accepted the punishment, Hibs have since taken note of supporters' strong feelings on here and reconsidered their stance.

I'm not saying that happened but its possible.

Yeah, but we know what happened really :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2015, 04:49 PM
I think this all boils down to why he was booked in the first place?

If he was booked for leaving the field, then his GIRUY motion is correct and a 1 match ban is right.

If he's booked for his shush and the ref missed his GIRUY, then again the 1 match ban is correct.

If he's been booked for the GIRUY then this is all bollox and the ref saw it and dealt with it at the time.

I think the ref must have missed the GIRUY sign, and the decision will stand. What's not understandable is how the **** has not received the same offer of a 1 game ban?

brog
07-01-2015, 04:58 PM

If he was booked for leaving the field, then his GIRUY motion is correct and a 1 match ban is right.

If he's booked for his shush and the ref missed his GIRUY, then again the 1 match ban is correct.

If he's been booked for the GIRUY then this is all bollox and the ref saw it and dealt with it at the time.

I think the ref must have missed the GIRUY sign, and the decision will stand. What's not understandable is how the **** has not received the same offer of a 1 game ban?

In your first 2 scenarios you're effectively saying JC would have got a red card if the ref had spotted his GIRUY. I very much doubt that. I don't think I've ever seen a player sent off for goal celebrations, other than when they were already on a yellow card. Let's hope we don't get to that stage, would be ridiculous if someone like Gomis can kick players all game long & another player gets a red card for celebrating a goal.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2015, 05:03 PM
In your first 2 scenarios you're effectively saying JC would have got a red card if the ref had spotted his GIRUY. I very much doubt that. I don't think I've ever seen a player sent off for goal celebrations, other than when they were already on a yellow card. Let's hope we don't get to that stage, would be ridiculous if someone like Gomis can kick players all game long & another player gets a red card for celebrating a goal.

I know, if the ref had seen him doing what i said in the first two scenarios he'd only have got a yellow card, but because he's apparently not seen him give it the GIRUY, he's deemed to have been guilty of another crime against humanity and will face a charge for it.

Daft as we all agree, but thems the rules and he knows it as we all do. Can't see us being successful here if i'm honest.

Kato
07-01-2015, 05:10 PM
I know, if the ref had seen him doing what i said in the first two scenarios he'd only have got a yellow card, but because he's apparently not seen him give it the GIRUY, he's deemed to have been guilty of another crime against humanity and will face a charge for it.

Daft as we all agree, but thems the rules and he knows it as we all do. Can't see us being successful here if i'm honest.

Hibs won't win as they will word an outcome at odds with whatever basis we aren't accepting the ban.

itslegaltender
07-01-2015, 05:14 PM
at 29 seconds you see Walker breaking out from the Hearts players, unfortunately you dont then see him giving us the GIRFUY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6NlM-jG0JA

matty_f
07-01-2015, 05:15 PM

Can a referee give two yellow cards to a player at once? I think if the ref sees the full celebration he books Cummings and that's that. If he was deemed to have wasted time, took his shirt off, given the GIRFUY gesture and left the field of play, the ref would only have booked him.

Sir David Gray
07-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Can a referee give two yellow cards to a player at once? I think if the ref sees the full celebration he books Cummings and that's that. If he was deemed to have wasted time, took his shirt off, given the GIRFUY gesture and left the field of play, the ref would only have booked him.

If the referee had seen the giruy gesture, he should have sent him off as it's a red card offence.

We all know that wouldn't have happened though.

Tyler Durden
07-01-2015, 05:51 PM
If the referee had seen the giruy gesture, he should have sent him off as it's a red card offence.

We all know that wouldn't have happened though.

On what basis is it a red?

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing, just interested in what you base that on specifically.

Bad Martini
07-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Excellent. Delighted we appealed it. Works for celtic regularly. That said, we're not the infirm. Mind you, still delighted we appealed.

GGTTH

greenlex
07-01-2015, 06:19 PM

Daft as we all agree, but thems the rules and he knows it as we all do. Can't see us being successful here if i'm honest. This is where I am. waste of time and money appealing. accept and move on. I would fine Cummimngs the appeal fee.

DarlingtonHibee
07-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Tin hat on....

Firstly I am lost if we have accepted the ban or not, surely we need him Sat ?

From a PR / Hbs .net perspective, I'd be up for contributing to a fund to support any further cost if we lose the appeal, as part of working together.

number9dream
07-01-2015, 06:40 PM

...and why is McFadden's GIRUY worth a 2-game ban?

Alex Marshall's GIRUY was hailed as one of the great moments of the Commonwealth Games - no compliance officer for bowls, obviously.

delbert
07-01-2015, 06:43 PM
On what basis is it a red?

To be clear, I'm not disagreeing, just interested in what you base that on specifically.

One of the seven red card offences is as follows:- uses offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures.

The reason Leigh Griffiths received a two match ban 2 seasons ago when he gestured to fans in the FF stand before taking a corner was that had it been spotted by the officials, the correct course of action should have been a red card.

andy1875
07-01-2015, 06:45 PM
...and why is McFadden's GIRUY worth a 2-game ban?

Alex Marshall's GIRUY was hailed as one of the great moments of the Commonwealth Games - no compliance officer for bowls, obviously.

I think McFadden had already received two yellow cards, obviously resulting in a red card.

He then made the gesture, meaning an additional 1 game ban.

Or at least that's my take on things! :aok:

Tyler Durden
07-01-2015, 07:06 PM
One of the seven red card offences is as follows:- uses offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures.

The reason Leigh Griffiths received a two match ban 2 seasons ago when he gestured to fans in the FF stand before taking a corner was that had it been spotted by the officials, the correct course of action should have been a red card.

Thanks.

Refs have a tough job interpreting the rules but players are very rarely penalised for their language. Offensive gestures are the same, any number of celebrations could be classed as offensive.

I would imagine we could pull together evidence of similar gestures which have gone unpunished relatively easily. Good on Hibs for rejecting this.

Fishwicke
07-01-2015, 07:10 PM
I think the fact that McFadden has accepted his punishment for the same gesture will work against us. Can't see them having a different verdict on the the same situation. Hope I'm wrong.

Tyler Durden
07-01-2015, 07:10 PM

McCoist celebrating a cup goal earlier this season for example

dalkeith stu
07-01-2015, 07:30 PM
I think the fact that McFadden has accepted his punishment for the same gesture will work against us. Can't see them having a different verdict on the the same situation. Hope I'm wrong.

He gave the GIRFUY when he was going off after receiving the red card. I've never seen a ref tot up the offences in a goal celebration, player runs into fans (yellow) takes his top off (yellow) then giving it the GIRFUY (yellow).

hibees 7062
07-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Maybe he hadn't fulfilled his Hibs quota at that point and was worried about getting hauled up by the beaks?

Joking aside, nae idea how Bauben and Gomis got away with their constant fouling, at the end the ref counted about 8 fouls out to Gomis before he actually booked him, way too little, way too late but the yam knew they'd be able to do it so probably formed part of the yam game plan - there was evidence of fouling in rotation!

How did they not see that on video ? Email to remind them :agree:

OsloHibs
07-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Well done Hibs for challenging this ridiculous ban.

H18Y GW
07-01-2015, 07:44 PM
On a need to kmow basis,if we had acceptrd the 1 game ban,would the booking be wiped :dunno:

Fishwicke
07-01-2015, 07:45 PM
He gave the GIRFUY when he was going off after receiving the red card. I've never seen a ref tot up the offences in a goal celebration, player runs into fans (yellow) takes his top off (yellow) then giving it the GIRFUY (yellow).
I hope your are right. It would be good to get a fair decision from that crowd in charge.

Bostonhibby
07-01-2015, 08:03 PM
How did they not see that on video ? Email to remind them :agree:

Problem is it is up to the ref how lenient he wants to be and how lenient he wants to be to different players. What isn't in doubt is when Gomis looked p'd off at the booking the ref actually counted his fingers out to Gomis which I guess was to show how many bad ones he'd got away with - should have been off way before the booking around 85 minutes.

Eyrie
07-01-2015, 08:24 PM
After being critical of the club for caving last night based on a rumour, it's good to see they have stood up for our player.

HibeesLA
07-01-2015, 08:29 PM

Interestingly, goal celebrations are dealt with by FIFA as follows:

While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal has been scored, the celebration must not be excessive.
Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive time-wasting and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases

A player must be cautioned if:

in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory
he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
he removes his short or covers his head with his shirt
he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence in itself but it is essential that players return to the field of play as soon as possible.
Referees are expected to act in a preventative manner and to exercise common sense in dealing with the celebration of a goal.

My take is that he was cautioned correctly for the gesture which was provocative in front of the Hearts support. I don't see why any further action could be taken when the Referee dealt with the incident during the game.

Carheenlea
07-01-2015, 08:43 PM
My favourite GIRFUY was Bobby Thomson's less than discreet gesture to the Hearts fans in The Dunbar end after scoring in a mid 80's derby. A wonderful "double" GIRFUY if I recall correctly.
Can't recall if he received a booking for the henious crime though.

Mikey09
07-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Not any more :wink:

Bloody predictive text!!! Should have read Hibs will obviously appeal this as they are feert of nae kent!!!! :greengrin

mca
07-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Thanks.

Refs have a tough job interpreting the rules but players are very rarely penalised for their language. Offensive gestures are the same, any number of celebrations could be classed as offensive.

I would imagine we could pull together evidence of similar gestures which have gone unpunished relatively easily. Good on Hibs for rejecting this.

This is One for the Historians..

As a Wee Laddie - I can remember standing in the East with my late father, was Mid 80`s... Someone scored against us and he ran all the way along the pitch and quite close to the East Giving us the fingers with both hands... our Fans were going Mental... :greengrin

or - did it happen at another ground ??? Sure I seen it.... :agree:

hibees 7062
07-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Problem is it is up to the ref how lenient he wants to be and how lenient he wants to be to different players. What isn't in doubt is when Gomis looked p'd off at the booking the ref actually counted his fingers out to Gomis which I guess was to show how many bad ones he'd got away with - should have been off way before the booking around 85 minutes.

:agree: He was shocked . He should have been booked for his first tackle

Bobo
07-01-2015, 10:02 PM

As a Wee Laddie - I can remember standing in the East with my late father, was Mid 80`s... Someone scored against us and he ran all the way along the pitch and quite close to the East Giving us the fingers with both hands... our Fans were going Mental... :greengrin

Think that might be Ted McMinn of the now defunct Rangers that you're thinking of, I seem to remember him noising up the home support and getting away with it.

Kaff
07-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Interesting bit taken from the article on bbc
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30717966

"The kind of behaviour we're talking about - any sending off offence not seen by the officials - if that's reported by any means then action can be taken," explained Lunny. "The rule is clear.
"If players do it in the knowledge they are being filmed, I have limited sympathy.
"I would have sympathy if there was anything filtered by broadcasters or anything hidden unfairly.
"But I can't think of any complaint where somebody has said television showed incident A but not incident B."

That is Cummings and Walker in a nutshell

Bostonhibby
07-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Think that might be Ted McMinn of the now defunct Rangers that you're thinking of, I seem to remember him noising up the home support and getting away with it.
John MacDonald of the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers celebrated in a similar way as well I think. He was an Ian black type runt who was the best known diver of his era.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Well done Hibs. Think the ban will stand though. Not because its correct but because the decision is being made by complete idiots.

ginger_eejit
07-01-2015, 10:33 PM

My take is that he was cautioned correctly for the gesture which was provocative in front of the Hearts support. I don't see why any further action could be taken when the Referee dealt with the incident during the game.

This is how I see it as well, the ref has dealt with it appropriately via the rules of the game, I'm not sure why the SFA think it's appropriate to issue further punishment, perhaps this is why Hibs are contesting the decision, given the ref observed the gesture, and has cautioned the player with the appropriate sanction. I don't think the SFA have much ground for tacking on additional punishments in competition rules to offences and appropriate sanctions that are clearly specified in the LOTG.

lapsedhibee
08-01-2015, 08:49 AM
This is how I see it as well, the ref has dealt with it appropriately via the rules of the game, I'm not sure why the SFA think it's appropriate to issue further punishment, perhaps this is why Hibs are contesting the decision, given the ref observed the gesture, and has cautioned the player with the appropriate sanction. I don't think the SFA have much ground for tacking on additional punishments in competition rules to offences and appropriate sanctions that are clearly specified in the LOTG.

Think - as Doddie has pointed out - it may be that the the huns' interests take precedence over the LOTG.

Jack
08-01-2015, 08:58 AM
Lotg?

lapsedhibee
08-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Lotg?

:rules:

GordonHFC
08-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Lotg?

Laws of the Game possibly?

brog
08-01-2015, 09:49 AM

This is excellent. I can't copy or forward this so perhaps someone could send this to Hibs ASAP.?

Smartie
08-01-2015, 10:00 AM
How exactly does this work?

Is there an actual meeting/ trial almost where the various parties get to state their case and someone judges whether or not the accusation was valid?

Will Hibs likely pitch up and say that the caution covered the indiscretion? We can't say he didn't do anything - something was clearly done.

Will the authorities be scrambling to find something that they think will stick rather than actually stating what happened?

Are they likely to state that 2 offences were committed? Maybe one, going to their fans for which he was punished then another when he gave them the GIRUY? If so I can't see us having a leg to stand on. I can only see the authorities closing ranks, making something stick and this whole affair has then been a waste of time and effort.

it would be pretty classless imo if we were to desperately try to get Jamie Walker done in similar fashion, true as it may be that his "crime" was exactly the same as Cummings'.

snooky
08-01-2015, 10:21 AM
A player must be cautioned if:
•in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory
•he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
•he removes his short or covers his head with his shirt
•he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Why don't they just issue an automatic caution to any player that scores a goal?
FFS, talk about being petty and nit-picking pc.

The enforcers are squeezing us all into tight little boxes - from this to the 20mph speed limits, etc. etc.....
When will it end?

F-R-E-E-D-O-M! :saltireflag

ny1875
08-01-2015, 10:24 AM
How exactly does this work?

Is there an actual meeting/ trial almost where the various parties get to state their case and someone judges whether or not the accusation was valid?

Will Hibs likely pitch up and say that the caution covered the indiscretion? We can't say he didn't do anything - something was clearly done.

Will the authorities be scrambling to find something that they think will stick rather than actually stating what happened?

Are they likely to state that 2 offences were committed? Maybe one, going to their fans for which he was punished then another when he gave them the GIRUY? If so I can't see us having a leg to stand on. I can only see the authorities closing ranks, making something stick and this whole affair has then been a waste of time and effort.

it would be pretty classless imo if we were to desperately try to get Jamie Walker done in similar fashion, true as it may be that his "crime" was exactly the same as Cummings'.

Is it classless to ask for consistency? Can remember a few players making gestures at Tynie in recent times, Walker, Griffiths and Broony, can't remember seeing yellows and certainly not banned after the fact.

JimBHibees
08-01-2015, 10:52 AM

Pretty sure Ian Ferguson did that at ER after scoring when playing for St Mirren prior to him moving to Rangers.

Jack
08-01-2015, 11:25 AM
This is excellent. I can't copy or forward this so perhaps someone could send this to Hibs ASAP.?

I'd be disappointed and a little angry if Hibs didn't already know these things.

Spike Mandela
08-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Players should be taught to realise that scoring a goal is the biggest act of GIRFUY that is available and there is no need for gestures.

You can have passion and class........

http://youtu.be/zJmjAtyePzw

Smartie
08-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Players should be taught to realise that scoring a goal is the biggest act of GIRFUY that is available and there is no need for gestures.

:top marks

Best post on the thread.

Waxy
08-01-2015, 12:20 PM

http://youtu.be/zJmjAtyePzwOn occasion, certain goals against certain teams deserve a bit extra. This is one of them occasions.

Keith_M
08-01-2015, 12:35 PM

It may be that the Ref booked him for leaving the pitch but did not see the gesture.

They could be interpreting this as a second offence.

brog
08-01-2015, 12:37 PM
I'd be disappointed and a little angry if Hibs didn't already know these things.

Why? I very much doubt that FIFA guidelines would be our first point of reference. Anyway I got on a proper computer & sent them, can't do any harm.

Andy74
08-01-2015, 12:37 PM
It may be that the Ref booked him for leaving the pitch but did not see the gesture.

In reality though if the ref had seen both I think he would have got one yellow.

Keith_M
08-01-2015, 12:38 PM
In reality though if the ref had seen both I think he would have got one yellow.

Agreed. Which makes a mockery of the whole process.

Big_Franck
08-01-2015, 12:40 PM

I don't think it's not an automatic booking for leaving the pitch though. Players do it all the time after scoring.

I think it's only a booking if the player leaves the pitch and remains off the pitch for a while celebrating the goal and wasting time. That didn't happen with Jason's goal so can't see how they could increase the yellow he received.

JimBHibees
08-01-2015, 12:54 PM

Agree IMO no way on this earth he would have been shown a red for what he did and which was very tame to be honest.

hibbybrian
08-01-2015, 01:02 PM
My favourite GIRFUY was Bobby Thomson's less than discreet gesture to the Hearts fans in The Dunbar end after scoring in a mid 80's derby. A wonderful "double" GIRFUY if I recall correctly.

Here's the second part of the double :greengrin

TamHibs
08-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Here's the second part of the double :greengrin

I'm sure Mickey Weir also made a GIRFUY gesture when he scored in a derby at Easter Road

patlowe
08-01-2015, 01:20 PM

Ah, that fair brightened up my lunch break - passion and class indeed.

hibbybrian
08-01-2015, 01:31 PM
I'm sure Mickey Weir also made a GIRFUY gesture when he scored in a derby at Easter Road

like this :greengrin

TamHibs
08-01-2015, 01:46 PM
like this :greengrin

Indeed :D

FranckSuzy
08-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Appeal successful :thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5091

Hibernian can confirm the club has been successful at today’s Hearing with the SFA’s Judicial Panel at Hampden and that striker Jason Cummings will be available for selection for Saturday’s Scottish Championship match against Falkirk at Easter Road (10 January, kick off 3pm).
As a result, Cummings will be eligible to feature in Hibernian’s attack for the upcoming match against fellow play-off contenders Falkirk and could potentially line up alongside new signings, Franck Dja Djedje and Martin Boyle.

RSS Bot
08-01-2015, 03:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5091)

Stevie Reid
08-01-2015, 03:41 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5091)

Well done Hibs :aok:

JimBHibees
08-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Appeal successful :thumbsup:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5091

Hibernian can confirm the club has been successful at today’s Hearing with the SFA’s Judicial Panel at Hampden and that striker Jason Cummings will be available for selection for Saturday’s Scottish Championship match against Falkirk at Easter Road (10 January, kick off 3pm).
As a result, Cummings will be eligible to feature in Hibernian’s attack for the upcoming match against fellow play-off contenders Falkirk and could potentially line up alongside new signings, Franck Dja Djedje and Martin Boyle.

Superb news. :flag:

Got to be said a complete nonsense.

Andy74
08-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Quite right. Do we get our costs back for being subjected to this farce?!