PDA

View Full Version : Cummings offered ban - Hibs reject offer and win!

Pages : 1 [2]

Billy Whizz
08-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Great news, well done Hibs

Wheat Hound
08-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Justice prevails for once. A total nonsense and waste of time. Hope Jason opens up a few tinz o beanz on Saturday :)

SQHib
08-01-2015, 02:48 PM
Case 3

Alleged Party in Breach: Jason Cummings (Hibernian)
Match: Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian - 3rd January 2015 (SPFL Championship)

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 200: In that the above match you made an offensive gesture

Outcome: Not proven.

Sounds like no-one had over-riding evidence then - what a shambles !!

snooky
08-01-2015, 02:48 PM
SFA should be commended for the decision + slagged for being so inept in the first place.

Mathias Jack
08-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Common sense prevails! The panel must be in a good mood, that's 3 bans/possible bans they've scrapped today!

Off the bar
08-01-2015, 02:52 PM
SFA should be commended for the decision + slagged for being so inept in the first place.

this :agree:

delbert
08-01-2015, 02:57 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5091)

Hibernian One (Won!), Credibility of new SFA Compliance Officer Tony McGlennon, Zero !

Big_Franck
08-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Great news, well done Hibs! Glad we stood up for ourselves and obviously argued our case well.

This decision yet again makes a total mockery of the muppet that 'offered' the suspension and the whole trial by Sportscene set up. That needs to change now, hopefully that is clear even to the SFA.

Just Alf
08-01-2015, 03:02 PM
Sorted!

Diclonius
08-01-2015, 03:07 PM
I'd post a certain image from Saturday to demonstrate my feelings toward the SFA following this successful appeal but I'd probably be offered a one match ban.

Mikey09
08-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Quite right. Do we get our costs back for being subjected to this farce?!

Yes we do.

Col2
08-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Get it right up you blooded turds.

blackpoolhibs
I'm pleasantly surprised at this result, what was he actually charged with? :confused:

Bishop Hibee
"Not proven". What a shower of morons the SFA are. Do they not know why the ref booked him? Well done to Hibs for appealing this.

Billy Whizz
08-01-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised at this result, what was he actually charged with? :confused:

Making an offensive gesture

Mikey09
08-01-2015, 03:20 PM

Absolutely!! Don't be in any doubt.... this was the doing of an "offended" Yam.... Dry yer eyes ya thieving tramps!! :boo hoo:

JimBHibees
08-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Absolutely!! Don't be in any doubt.... this was the doing of an "offended" Yam.... Dry yer eyes ya thieving tramps!! :boo hoo:

Craig Levein is said to be gutted. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Making an offensive gesture

Then the ref must have dealt with this at the time, as he's clearly guilty of it? :confused:

Jack Hackett
08-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Well done Hibs. :thumbsup:

This result is another GIRFUY to the hypocritical sanctimonious pwicks who infested the original ban story comments in the EN

:lolyam:

Squealing pig
08-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Needing a Cummings get it up yi pic for the future

Billy Whizz
08-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Then the ref must have dealt with this at the time, as he's clearly guilty of it? :confused:

He got a yellow at the time. I'm as confused as you as to why he was offered a one game ban

Just Alf
08-01-2015, 03:38 PM

It's actually quite funny... They always go on with a holier than thou attitude about us sending mails etc and yet here's one instigated by them that's got the bums rush.... Couldn't make it up!

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2015, 03:42 PM
He got a yellow at the time. I'm as confused as you as to why he was offered a one game ban

:agree: It does not make any sense, but i suppose its the sfa we are talking about here. A more corrupt bunch of pricks you'd be hard pressed to meet.

ancient hibee
08-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Cummings is clearly one sandwich short of a picnic as I see he was tweeting about it on Tuesday(hastily deleted)-no doubt Stubbs will be bending his ear.

Not proven-"we can't prove you did it so don't do it again".

1875Sean
08-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Needing a Cummings get it up yi pic for the future

Attached

Bristolhibby
08-01-2015, 03:53 PM
"Not proven". What a shower of morons the SFA are. Do they not know why the ref booked him? Well done to Hibs for appealing this.

What was not proven, the offence or the fact he was already booked?

J

ancient hibee
08-01-2015, 03:53 PM
What was not proven, the offence or the fact he was already booked?

J

The offence.

Jack
08-01-2015, 03:58 PM
:agree: It does not make any sense, but i suppose its the sfa we are talking about here. A more corrupt bunch of pricks you'd be hard pressed to meet.

FIFA :agree:

Although I've never met them.

JimBHibees
08-01-2015, 04:00 PM

Seems very odd both in respect that we are usually told that if a ref gives a yellow it cant be retrospectively looked at. Also what he did wouldnt IMO constitute a red at any time.

hibees 7062
08-01-2015, 04:00 PM

Hertz :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
08-01-2015, 04:06 PM
so i take it it was a bitter little hertz fan that reported cummings yep ? sad shower of girly scarf-twirling losers

hibees 7062
08-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Attached

Not proven :greengrin

Squealing pig
08-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Attached

Good show

steve75
08-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Attached

He should get that printed on a t-shirt and flash it to the cameras when he scores in the next derby. That way he's not doing it directly to the fans :devil:

emerald green
08-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Well done Hibs. Really pleased the club stood up to these total mugs. :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2015, 05:31 PM
It couldn't have been the GIRFUY gesture then - that's obviously proven :greengrin

And they can't/wont/don't book players twice for the same celebration so it must've been a totally different incident that they can't get enough evidence for?

EH6 Hibby
08-01-2015, 05:38 PM
I can't help thinking Cummings will be sent off for the slightest thing soon, much like GOC struggled to get a single decision after being proved innocent of diving.

Baader
08-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Have City of Edinburgh Council infiltrated the SFA?

emerald green
08-01-2015, 05:42 PM
I can't help thinking Cummings will be sent off for the slightest thing soon, much like GOC struggled to get a single decision after being proved innocent of diving.

:agree: Very good point. Hopefully AS will have had a wee chat with JC and alerted him to this possibility.

matty_f
08-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Typical of how we get treated in derbies that the officials can't even get the retrospective red cards against us right.

greenlex
08-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Since when did the GIRUY gesture become offensive anyway? Is anyone really that offended by it? Seriously?

mca
08-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Think that might be Ted McMinn of the now defunct Rangers that you're thinking of, I seem to remember him noising up the home support and getting away with it.

John MacDonald of the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers celebrated in a similar way as well I think. He was an Ian black type runt who was the best known diver of his era.

Pretty sure Ian Ferguson did that at ER after scoring when playing for St Mirren prior to him moving to Rangers.

Cheers Guys.. :aok: For the Last Thirty Years or so.. I have always thought it was huns.. :greengrin

Tyler Durden
08-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Since when did the GIRUY gesture become offensive anyway? Is anyone really that offended by it? Seriously?

Exactly and when any punter can make a complaint how does the compliance officer decide what merits action?

Anyway well done Hibs for standing up to this nonsense.

Onion
08-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Case 3

Alleged Party in Breach: Jason Cummings (Hibernian)
Match: Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian - 3rd January 2015 (SPFL Championship)

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 200: In that the above match you made an offensive gesture

Outcome: Not proven.

Sounds like no-one had over-riding evidence then - what a shambles !!

LD - Let's see the evidence.

SFA - we don't have any.

LD - not proven, bye you incompetent farts.

Northernhibee
08-01-2015, 05:58 PM
SFA: "Aye, well you're getting a games ban for that"
Hibs: "Naw he's no"
SFA: "Fair enough".

Spineless. Either enforce the ban or don't waste our time with such pish in the first place.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Delighted with the result but honestly, our game has had it if these idiots running our game are allowed to continue. I remember as a young lad watching Fabrizio Ravanelli celebrate every goal by putting his shirt over his head. Used to love it and would copy it myself when I scored. These are the fun things you remember as a kid. That's now an automatic booking in Scotland. It's a ****ing shambles.
If I was JC, next time I scored(Sat hopefully) I would get my 10 teammates to line up and just slowly walk past shaking hands with each of them. Let these idiots know how ridiculous they are

Deansy
08-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Will Hibs please now tell us WHAT exactly the GFA were trying to charge Cumming with ?

Canongatehibs
08-01-2015, 06:25 PM
GIRU the Yumbo who grassed him :-)

Canongatehibs
08-01-2015, 06:27 PM

That's the ever so poncy blooded dance hall Yum turds

--------
08-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Cummings is clearly one sandwich short of a picnic as I see he was tweeting about it on Tuesday(hastily deleted)-no doubt Stubbs will be bending his ear.

Not proven-"we can't prove you did it so don't do it again".

That would never happen in England.

I'm amazed at this - but pleasantly so. Maybe I've misjudged our Weedgie friends at Hampden.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2015, 08:51 PM
so i take it it was a bitter little hertz fan that reported cummings yep ? sad shower of girly scarf-twirling losers

Come on now. A few on here fired off emails to sfa about a loan deal issue, a bit of tit for tat imo.

Sir David Gray
08-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Pleasantly surprised to hear the appeal was successful.

Don't get me wrong, I think that justice has prevailed in this case but I wasn't expecting it to.

The charge was utter nonsense in the first place and I'm just glad the appeal board saw that.

Hopefully Stubbs is having a wee word in Cummings' ear with regards to keeping his emotions under control.

gordieboy
08-01-2015, 09:01 PM
That's a few decisions this new compliance officer has had thrown out.

Swedish hibee
08-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Sense at last. Keep it up..

Mr White
08-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Once again, should the appeal board not give any charges the once over before they're served to prevent these situations making a further mockery of our games reputation. ****ing amateurs running a supposedly professional game.

Eyrie
08-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Once again, should the appeal board not give any charges the once over before they're served to prevent these situations making a further mockery of our games reputation. ****ing amateurs running a supposedly professional game.

No, because the purpose of the appeal hearing is to decide on the merit of the case. Think of them as being the jury and the compliance officer as the procurator fiscal.

Mr White
08-01-2015, 11:16 PM
No, because the purpose of the appeal hearing is to decide on the merit of the case. Think of them as being the jury and the compliance officer as the procurator fiscal.

Fair point, maybe not the appeal panel then but another tier to decide if there's a case to answer and whether or not it might stand up to an appeal.

To use the criminal court analogy the fiscal decides whether to prosecute based on police reports, so in the case of the compliance officer it would be a good idea to have a panel who decide whether to proceed with his complaint notices or not in order to avoid the nonsense of situations like this. We have the police dept and the jury but no adequate prosecutor at present.

macd123
09-01-2015, 04:02 AM
Delighted with the result but honestly, our game has had it if these idiots running our game are allowed to continue. I remember as a young lad watching Fabrizio Ravanelli celebrate every goal by putting his shirt over his head. Used to love it and would copy it myself when I scored. These are the fun things you remember as a kid. That's now an automatic booking in Scotland. It's a ****ing shambles.
If I was JC, next time I scored(Sat hopefully) I would get my 10 teammates to line up and just slowly walk past shaking hands with each of them. Let these idiots know how ridiculous they are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqeXndn0qyQ

Who can forget ET doing a ravanelli? No wonder he wanted to go home :greengrin

Mikey
09-01-2015, 08:35 PM
The best thing to come from this whole episode is the return of the GIRUY smiley :greengrin

:giruy2:

lord bunberry
09-01-2015, 08:53 PM

silverhibee
09-01-2015, 09:04 PM

:agree:

The ref has seen what JC has done as he celebrated his goal, everything, referee's don't turn there back after a player has scored a goal, they watch the goalscorer until the player makes his way back to his own half for the restart of the game, so the ref has seen the shoosh, him leaving the pitch(by 2 yards if that) and the GIRUY gesture, the ref will see that as all one action and has yellow carded him for it, matter dealt with in the referees opinion, probably the reason he never mentioned anything in his report after the game.

So how the compliance officer thought he could offer JC a one game ban is f***ing baffling, either someone made a honest mistake at the SPFL/SFA :rolleyes: or someone needs there backside kicked for making this "dishonest" mistake.

Do Hibs take this any further is the question, was it a honest mistake or something a bit more sinister.

Sir David Gray
09-01-2015, 09:09 PM
:agree:

The ref has seen what JC has done as he celebrated his goal, everything, referee's don't turn there back after a player has scored a goal, they watch the goalscorer until the player makes his way back to his own half for the restart of the game, so the ref has seen the shoosh, him leaving the pitch(by 2 yards if that) and the GIRUY gesture, the ref will see that as all one action and has yellow carded him for it, matter dealt with in the referees opinion, probably the reason he never mentioned anything in his report after the game.

So how the compliance officer thought he could offer JC a one game ban is f***ing baffling, either someone made a honest mistake at the SPFL/SFA :rolleyes: or someone needs there backside kicked for making this "dishonest" mistake.

Do Hibs take this any further is the question, was it a honest mistake or something a bit more sinister.

Whoever brought this charge against Cummings needs a strong talking to. As you've said, the referee saw it at the time and dealt with it as he saw fit. The referee should also be spoken to as he should have sent Cummings off for his offensive gesture. His interpretation of the rules as far as this is concerned is wrong.

However that would also require every referee in the land to be re-educated as I'm pretty sure no referee would have sent Cummings off for what he did last week.

silverhibee
09-01-2015, 09:10 PM

Dirty Yam Welts, that's who.

VivaHiberņa
09-01-2015, 10:00 PM
The best thing to come from this whole episode is the return of the GIRUY smiley :greengrin

:hyper :hyper :hyper

You have no idea how happy this makes me.

SteveHFC
09-01-2015, 11:12 PM

:hyper Mikey