PDA

View Full Version : Blatter challenged at last

Hibbyradge
06-01-2015, 07:55 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/06/jordan-prince-ali-fifa-presidency

Keith_M
06-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Jordan's Prince Ali announces intention to stand for Fifa presidency

He's got absolutely no chance of ousting Blatter.....

....... even if he IS going out with Katie Price

:wink:

jacomo
06-01-2015, 10:34 AM
I thought he was stepping out with Princess Jasmine. :wink:

Anyhow, doomed to failure. He won't criticise Blatter - none of them will, because they've all benefited from the gravy on offer.

FIFA is absolutely rotten, Blatter allows it to happen so long as he can feather his own nest. At the very least they should limit any president to a maximum of two terms and force Blatter to step down. Disgraceful organisation.

Gatecrasher
06-01-2015, 10:40 AM
http://youtu.be/aEryAoLfnAA

Bostonhibby
06-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Another fox in a hen house full of foxes was my friends response to this "news" seems like a rigged challenge to ensure business as usual.,

jacomo
06-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Another fox in a hen house full of foxes was my friends response to this "news" seems like a rigged challenge to ensure business as usual.,

:agree:

jdships
06-01-2015, 11:08 AM

Sadly I have to agree with you
FIFA and " democracy " - in your dreams
Just a " Fat Cat's Club " with top table/ executive membership by invitation only !!

Bostonhibby
06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Thinking about this, Jordan probably want a shortcut to hosting their own world cup - as one of the poorer Arab states they could probably do with the boost but can't afford Qatari / Russian scale bribes.

Diclonius
06-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Sepp Blatter's only challenger to the FIFA presidency is an extremely wealthy man whose fortune comes from hereditary privilege.

Says it all really.

MacBean
06-01-2015, 03:08 PM
Fingers crossed the folk at FIFA have the bottle to get him out. Prince Ali getting plenty backing from press anyway. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
08-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Its hard to take any challenge to Blatter seriously if it comes from the upper echelons of FIFA ... what evidence is there that it wouldn't just be replacing like for like?

lord bunberry
16-01-2015, 06:42 AM
David Ginola has announced that's he's standing against Blatter

J-C
16-01-2015, 07:44 AM

Heard this on the radio last night.

SJNB Hibby
16-01-2015, 07:58 AM

:aok:

Baader
16-01-2015, 10:52 AM

Top bloke. Speak to him now and again at my work. Had a chat about Franck and Hibs with him once. Hes a funny guy and a real gent.

Hope he wins.

worcesterhibby
16-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Unfortunately I think Ginola's announcement has more to do with the fact his campaign is sponsored by Paddy Power than any real attempt to run. I believe he has to get the backing of at least 5 football associations before January 29th which I would suggest is unlikely.

He is trying to raise a fighting fund of £2.3 million…so far he has managed to get £250,000 from Paddy Power and just over £2000 from elsewhere. To be honest I think this is just a bit of guerrilla marketing by Paddy Power. They get 2 weeks worth of football news stories out of it right around the world..probably quite cheap way of promoting your betting site.

The Campaign site is Here http://www.teamginola.com

Pretty Boy
16-01-2015, 06:00 PM
The problem is going to be getting a few associations to unite behind a candidate who can seriously challenge Blatter.

Africa and South America have already backed Blatter, although every individual association can vote how they wish. A situation where the European, Asian and CONCAAF vote is split is a dream for Blatter.

jacomo
16-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Unfortunately I think Ginola's announcement has more to do with the fact his campaign is sponsored by Paddy Power than any real attempt to run. I believe he has to get the backing of at least 5 football associations before January 29th which I would suggest is unlikely.

He is trying to raise a fighting fund of £2.3 million…so far he has managed to get £250,000 from Paddy Power and just over £2000 from elsewhere. To be honest I think this is just a bit of guerrilla marketing by Paddy Power. They get 2 weeks worth of football news stories out of it right around the world..probably quite cheap way of promoting your betting site.

The Campaign site is Here http://www.teamginola.com

I'm sorry, you now need a campaign fund to run for election? :confused: FIFA has become the independent state it has long aspired to be - imposing its own laws and creaming off tax-free profits while countries like Brazil and South Africa are left with massive debts and empty stadiums.

It's time to boycott the World Cup. I reckon Scotland should lead the way. :wink:

iwasthere1972
16-01-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm sorry, you now need a campaign fund to run for election? :confused: FIFA has become the independent state it has long aspired to be - imposing its own laws and creaming off tax-free profits while countries like Brazil and South Africa are left with massive debts and empty stadiums.

It's time to boycott the World Cup. I reckon Scotland should lead the way. :wink:

We have been since 1998.

lucky
17-01-2015, 06:10 AM
His campaign is a fraud, if they raise the £2.5m he gets £100k bonus. They want football fans to fund this. FFS even blatter never ask fans to pay directly to get him elected. This will be a PR disaster for Ginola and hopefully PP. They just taking the piss

Colr
17-01-2015, 06:39 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/06/jordan-prince-ali-fifa-presidency

By someone from a tin pot non-football country! Exactly the type of people who respond to the backhanders for votes culture that Septic Bladder has built his empire upon. The tail wags the dog in world football.

Thecat23
17-01-2015, 07:10 AM
I thought he was stepping out with Princess Jasmine. :wink:

Anyhow, doomed to failure. He won't criticise Blatter - none of them will, because they've all benefited from the gravy on offer.

FIFA is absolutely rotten, Blatter allows it to happen so long as he can feather his own nest. At the very least they should limit any president to a maximum of two terms and force Blatter to step down. Disgraceful organisation.

Spot on.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Standing up to a dictator is not the same as standing up to a regime or the way it behaves. Although Blatter is the figure-head, there is too much back-ticking and back-handers to suggest that he is the sole cause and removing him is the sole cure. The whole organisation teeters between corruption and scandal, and appears to be not fit for purpose.

Colr
17-01-2015, 12:45 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::aok:

jacomo
17-01-2015, 03:18 PM
We have been since 1998.

Hence the :wink:

iwasthere1972
17-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Hence the :wink:

Of course.

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Hope Ginola Blatter his clunt in.

WestEndHibee
28-01-2015, 11:58 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31019910

Luis Figo throws his hat in the ring

"If you search Fifa on the internet you see the first word that comes out: scandal"

Bristolhibby
28-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Essentially the only solution if for the big European countries to withdraw from FIFA.

Thats the only way to change FIFA.

It needs England, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Holland, Scotland and Ireland to hand in their notice, and then watch the whole thing fall apart.

While that is happening, there needs to be a coherent, transparent and accountable governance proposal in place to sweep up the rest of the world once FIFA has been ousted.

The World Cup will fold without the above countries (us and Ireland excluded).

J