PDA

View Full Version : AFC Wimbledon Vs Liverpool - Player Watch

Sergey
05-01-2015, 07:20 PM
I really don't mind who wins this one...as long as it's not Liverpool, but I want to give you the nod on the AFC Wimbledon keeper, James Shea.

He was a youngster on the books of Arsenal and was punted out on loan for a few seasons before being released in 2013. He played in the Ryman Premier last season for Harrow Borough and was absolutely outstanding. He signed for AFC Wimbledon in the close season (for a nominal fee - £15k plus % sell-on) and is seemingly doing well.

BTW - he wasn't the best keeper in the RPL last season - that was another Arsenal loanee called Josh Vickers who was at Canvey Island. He's currently loaned to Concord Rangers and would be a worthy replacement for Oxley :agree:

Hamish
05-01-2015, 07:54 PM
George Francomb starting for AFC Wimbledon.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2015, 08:07 PM
20 men and a forklift truck couldnae carry that big boy

Gerraaaaaaaaaard

Future17
05-01-2015, 08:19 PM
20 men and a forklift truck couldnae carry that big boy

Gerraaaaaaaaaard

Adebayo Akinfenwa is a lower league legend! :greengrin

I liked the look of Francomb at ER.

Smartie
05-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Adebayo Akinfenwa is a lower league legend! :greengrin

I liked the look of Francomb at ER.

I liked the look of Francomb at ER too. He didn't seem to get a decent chance though.

He's started this game quite well.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Francomb should have been brought on at half time in THAT cup final and we wouldn't have been down to 10 men after 46 minutes 😡 Kujabi was never lasting the game with Thomson as ref.
Actually thought Francomb looked good whenever he got on. Not sure why he never got more of a chance.

rosco-hibee
05-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Holy crap, how much does akinfenwa weigh?

Not as much as boydie!

Edit: as I write this, he scores. Unbelievable. Ball in from francombe.

Aldo
05-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Holy crap, how much does akinfenwa weigh? Not as much as boydie! Edit: as I write this, he scores. Unbelievable. Ball in from francombe.

Difference being is Akinfenwa is mostly muscle whereas Boyd is just a fat lazy Hun! Also Akinfenwa scores.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-01-2015, 08:36 PM

Not as much as boydie!

16 stone 😳

Stuarty27
05-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Haha 16stone my erky...

Minimum 20stone

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2015, 08:58 PM

Not as much as boydie!

Never mind what he weighs, how the hell does he manage to run? :greengrin

rosco-hibee
05-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Difference being is Akinfenwa is mostly muscle whereas Boyd is just a fat lazy Hun! Also Akinfenwa scores.

Admittedly he probably is more muscle than Boyd, but no danger is he mostly muscle. There's a few pies in there as well.

Agreed. 20 stone minimum.

Aldo
05-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Admittedly he probably is more muscle than Boyd, but no danger is he mostly muscle. There's a few pies in there as well. Agreed. 20 stone minimum.

Put it this way the pool defenders will know they've been in a game after playing against him!!

Sergey
05-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Admittedly he probably is more muscle than Boyd, but no danger is he mostly muscle. There's a few pies in there as well.

He's reportedly the FIFA's World's Strongest Footballer and can lift some unbelievable weights. I think there was some sort of competition a few years ago that he won.

Lion Smith (who is at Hendon but was at Wingate & Finchley) is another player of similar ilk...just slower.

Stuarty27
05-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Keeper suspect at free kick

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Superb from Gerrarrrrrrrrrrrd

Future17
05-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Keeper suspect at free kick

Agreed. :agree:

Pretty Boy
05-01-2015, 09:18 PM
He's reportedly the FIFA's World's Strongest Footballer and can lift some unbelievable weights. I think there was some sort of competition a few years ago that he won.

Lion Smith (who is at Hendon but was at Wingate & Finchley) is another player of similar ilk...just slower.

He can bench press 180kg (about 28 stone) apparently. There must be a decent bit muscle there to achieve that.

3pm
05-01-2015, 09:18 PM

LA Galaxy's finest.

Future17
05-01-2015, 09:22 PM
LA Galaxy's finest.

:fishin::greengrin

micka_weer
05-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Akinfenwa clearly a big adventure time fan #bmo :-)

portyhibernian
05-01-2015, 10:24 PM

Whipped his shirt off on soccer am a few weeks ago, an absolute machine! Barely any fat on the guy.

Josh 01
05-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Whipped his shirt off on soccer am a few weeks ago, an absolute machine! Barely any fat on the guy.

Seen him at the water park in tenerife during the summer, as you say not a bit fat! Pure muscle. Didn't manage to see how he managed to get on trying to fit in the rubber rings mind you!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-01-2015, 12:37 AM
Akinfenwa is a monster! Bodybuilder and footballer = ££££.

Bad Martini
06-01-2015, 12:22 PM
I really don't mind who wins this one...as long as it's not Liverpool

:na na: :na na: :na na: :na na: :na na: :na na: :na na: :na na: :na na:

ENDOF

Bad Martini
06-01-2015, 12:24 PM

:agree:

First time in ages I have shouted for Gerrard. Remember his dis on the King during a match. Unforgivable. However, my grudge holding aside, the boy done well again.

We will miss his ability when he goes.

But, it's his choice.

NB the King was 39 when he hung his boots. Justsayin :greengrin

YNWA

lyonhibs
06-01-2015, 12:27 PM
:agree:

First time in ages I have shouted for Gerrard. Remember his dis on the King during a match. Unforgivable. However, my grudge holding aside, the boy done well again.

We will miss his ability when he goes.

But, it's his choice.

NB the King was 39 when he hung his boots. Justsayin :greengrin

YNWA

Did he? What did he say?

I'd think bad talking Kenny Dalglish was a total no-no for anyone at Liverpool?

Bad Martini
06-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Did he? What did he say?

I'd think bad talking Kenny Dalglish was a total no-no for anyone at Liverpool?

He shrugged off the King when he was talkng to him....or it looked like that. :greengrin
Mind you I am biased when it comes to the King :greengrin

Either way, he done well last night again :aok: