PDA

View Full Version : Well done Gary Anderson

Father Ted
05-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Great to see a Hibs fan winning a world title in any sport but to beat someone with a record like Taylor was fantastic.

:flag:

connerg
05-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Great to see a Hibs fan winning a world title in any sport but to beat someone with a record like Taylor was fantastic.

:flag: Is he from Loanhead?

lord bunberry
05-01-2015, 11:26 AM
I think he is from Eyemouth

The_Exile
05-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Think he was born in Musselburgh but grew up in Eyemouth, or perhaps vice versa? Anyhow, amazing win, well played that man!

connerg
05-01-2015, 11:32 AM

Just checked Wiki and you're right. Lives in Somerset now.

Lago
05-01-2015, 11:43 AM

:flag:

How darts can be described as a sport baffles me. Should never be included in the sports section of the papers.

Father Ted
05-01-2015, 12:23 PM
If you can't celibrate a Hibs fan winning a major competition don't feel compelled to post anything

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2015, 12:24 PM
If you can't celibrate a Hibs fan winning a major competition don't feel compelled to post anything

He wasn't a convincing Hibs fan on talksport this morning.

mmmmhibby
05-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Gary is from Musselburgh. Fisherrow to be precise.

LaMotta
05-01-2015, 12:54 PM
How darts can be described as a sport baffles me. Should never be included in the sports section of the papers.

Darts requires a physical skill in order to achieve an objective of attempting to beat an opponent. That makes it a sport in my book.

The skill involved is unbelieveable, as well as the mental strength required. Anderson's comeback when he was 2-0 down in that set and his three darts fell out for a no score was brilliant to watch. That final last night was edge of the seat stuff, and the most exciting non football sporting event I've seen for a while (helped by a 50 quid bet on Anderson to win of course :greengrin).

Well done Gary!

SaulGoodman
05-01-2015, 01:11 PM

Have you ever tried playing darts? It's very difficult

Hibby Bairn
05-01-2015, 02:32 PM

What section should it be in?

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Have you ever tried playing darts? It's very difficult

Yes and yes it is.

Doesn't mean it's a sport though.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2015, 07:25 PM

I think that's what's listed on his biography but his accent is definitely from the Edinburgh/East Lothian area.

I would say that the skill level involved and the amount of practice required to get to the level of Anderson and Taylor means that darts should be thought of as a sport.

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2015, 10:37 PM
I think that's what's listed on his biography but his accent is definitely from the Edinburgh/East Lothian area.

I would say that the skill level involved and the amount of practice required to get to the level of Anderson and Taylor means that darts should be thought of as a sport.

Like chess?

Sir David Gray
05-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Like chess?

I would say that darts is more skilful than chess.

3pm
07-01-2015, 05:24 AM
He wasn't a convincing Hibs fan on talksport this morning.

What was said?

Danderhall Hibs
07-01-2015, 05:37 AM
What was said?

Alan Brazil: "so Gary, what about the Hibees. Beating Rangers 4-0 then drawing 0-0 with Hearts. Things are on the up"

Gary: "did they? I've not seen a paper"

Brazil moved quickly on!