PDA

View Full Version : New Year new outlook

worcesterhibby
05-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Maybe I'm still a bit filled with Hogmany good cheer or a Christmas feeling of Peace on earth and goodwill to all men, but I must admit i'm finding the constant ongoing badmouthing of hearts supporters on here a bit boring and depressing. I popped over to Kickback earlier this morning and the situation is exactly reversed on there with typical threads of comments about how all Hibs fans are low lives, ****, news etc etc.

Let's face the truth. There are some right ****bags in the Hibs support and some right ****bags in the Hearts support. There are also some very good people who support hibs and some very good people who support Hearts. Wouldn't it be refreshing if we could just get back to being local rivals and drop all this hate filled stuff. We are neighbours not enemies. I have some good mates who are Jambos and they are good honest family men. I also know some Hibs fans that I wouldn't trust for a second. There is good and bad on both sides of the Edinburgh divide.

The Romanov era has made everything so much worse and that it happened during the internet age has compounded things.

I do think that the internet has a lot to do with the increase in hatred between football teams. All it takes is one guy to post some Hibs hate thread on Kickback and soon it is quoted over here, leading to 20 pages of hate filled retorts from us and visa versa. Back in the day, if some fan was feeling bitter he would chat to his mates down the pub, but now it's plastered on forums, Facebook and twitter…this then incites response and the whole thing snowballs.

I know I'm swimming against the tide and that in many ways the genie is out of the bottle and so it's impossible to put it back in, but just so there is a small voice amongst the abuse..here goes.

Hearts fans..I don't hate you..I'll laugh at you when you get beat and nothing is better than seeing the Hibs score against you, but it's just football and we are all just people..Happy new year to you and yours.

lord bunberry
05-01-2015, 09:43 AM
I hate them for 90 minutes, the rest of the time I just don't like how they smell, dress, look, form intimate relationships with close family members, leave the toilet seat down when having a piss, have bad breath and are deluded beyond belief.

Kato
05-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Maybe I'm still a bit filled with Hogmany good cheer or a Christmas feeling of Peace on earth and goodwill to all men, but I must admit i'm finding the constant ongoing badmouthing of hearts supporters on here a bit boring and depressing. I popped over to Kickback earlier this morning and the situation is exactly reversed on there with typical threads of comments about how all Hibs fans are low lives, ****, news etc etc.

Let's face the truth. There are some right ****bags in the Hibs support and some right ****bags in the Hearts support. There are also some very good people who support hibs and some very good people who support Hearts. Wouldn't it be refreshing if we could just get back to being local rivals and drop all this hate filled stuff. We are neighbours not enemies. I have some good mates who are Jambos and they are good honest family men. I also know some Hibs fans that I wouldn't trust for a second. There is good and bad on both sides of the Edinburgh divide.

The Romanov era has made everything so much worse and that it happened during the internet age has compounded things.

I do think that the internet has a lot to do with the increase in hatred between football teams. All it takes is one guy to post some Hibs hate thread on Kickback and soon it is quoted over here, leading to 20 pages of hate filled retorts from us and visa versa. Back in the day, if some fan was feeling bitter he would chat to his mates down the pub, but now it's plastered on forums, Facebook and twitter…this then incites response and the whole thing snowballs.

I know I'm swimming against the tide and that in many ways the genie is out of the bottle and so it's impossible to put it back in, but just so there is a small voice amongst the abuse..here goes.

Hearts fans..I don't hate you..I'll laugh at you when you get beat and nothing is better than seeing the Hibs score against you, but it's just football and we are all just people..Happy new year to you and yours.

You obviously don't live in Edinburgh or have to put up with their squeeky voices sqeeking on about how they "didn't do anything wrong", and are now "the template for all other Scottish clubs" and other such *****.

Don't hate them all and have family and friends who are jambos but collectively, and some individuals, they are just plain weirdos.

Don't believe there ever was such a time when everyone was frinedly, maybe the invective has grown but there has always been rancour between both sets of fans.

Happy New Year to all the Jambos with any kind of brain or capacity for reason. The other 399988 can go blow.

worcesterhibby
05-01-2015, 12:00 PM
You obviously don't live in Edinburgh or have to put up with their squeeky voices sqeeking on about how they "didn't do anything wrong", and are now "the template for all other Scottish clubs" and other such *****.

Don't hate them all and have family and friends who are jambos but collectively, and some individuals, they are just plain weirdos.

Don't believe there ever was such a time when everyone was frinedly, maybe the invective has grown but there has always been rancour between both sets of fans.

Happy New Year to all the Jambos with any kind of brain or capacity for reason. The other 399988 can go blow.

It's fair enough to point out that I no longer live in Edinburgh as obviously that does have a real bearing on my outlook. Maybe if I was still living in the city it would be harder to accept some of the 'banter'.

SaulGoodman
05-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Nope. **** Hearts.

Keith_M
05-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Burn the Witch!

:halowitch:

:greengrin

Actually, I agree with the OP. I can't see it happening though.

SkintHibby
05-01-2015, 12:22 PM
The only ones I truly can't stand are the huns without bus fares types.

grunt
05-01-2015, 12:34 PM
You obviously don't live in Edinburgh or have to put up with their squeeky voices sqeeking on about how they "didn't do anything wrong".:greengrin

Kato
05-01-2015, 12:52 PM
It's fair enough to point out that I no longer live in Edinburgh as obviously that does have a real bearing on my outlook. Maybe if I was still living in the city it would be harder to accept some of the 'banter'.

'Banter' doesn't worry me, mate - can take it (loads of practice) and can dish it out even with my back against the wall.

It's when you find yourself in an actual conversation with them that the true delusionals reveal themselves. Very, very few of them will ever admit anything untoward happened during Romanov's tenure. If they did they would be painting their club as the same as Rangers i.e. "cheats" and they'll never do that. Romanov's bank went to the wall because of the "financial crisis" not because he was over-valueing assets and using depositor's money as capital for his "crazy schemes". Graham Rix is defended as being "set-up" and the more extreme examples have that other sex-offender guy as being "harmless". This isn't them all and I never introduce these subjects into conversation but in a canteen situation you hear the most self-rightously risible stuff.

That's without going into the bigotry and thinly-veiled, occasionally all-to-releaved to the point of salivation, hatred of anything Hibs do or say.

In fact Happy New Year to the lot of them, I hope they find help in life.

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2015, 01:22 PM

I agree. Besides, hating them only encourages them. Give them L-O-V-E, that will shock, confuse, intimidate and depress them.

GreenLake
05-01-2015, 02:51 PM

I think you have been on the sauce. :greengrin

monktonharp
05-01-2015, 02:58 PM

Hearts fans..I don't hate you..I'll laugh at you when you get beat and nothing is better than seeing the Hibs score against you, but it's just football and we are all just people..Happy new year to you and yours. you might have something, re-the internet hate, but on the other hand......do you actually have to live amongst the hmofc fans, drink in the same pubs wi' them, have to listen to their smug comments rather regularly? I think not.

monktonharp
05-01-2015, 03:00 PM
'Banter' doesn't worry me, mate - can take it (loads of practice) and can dish it out even with my back against the wall.

It's when you find yourself in an actual conversation with them that the true delusionals reveal themselves. Very, very few of them will ever admit anything untoward happened during Romanov's tenure. If they did they would be painting their club as the same as Rangers i.e. "cheats" and they'll never do that. Romanov's bank went to the wall because of the "financial crisis" not because he was over-valueing assets and using depositor's money as capital for his "crazy schemes". Graham Rix is defended as being "set-up" and the more extreme examples have that other sex-offender guy as being "harmless". This isn't them all and I never introduce these subjects into conversation but in a canteen situation you hear the most self-rightously risible stuff.

That's without going into the bigotry and thinly-veiled, occasionally all-to-releaved to the point of salivation, hatred of anything Hibs do or say.

In fact Happy New Year to the lot of them, I hope they find help in life.:agree: my kinda man:cb

Bostonhibby
05-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Peace and goodwill to all Worcester based yam (no slight on the op) to the rest of them I hope they enjoy the same future as the rest of Romanovs subsidiaries who Will continue to suffer a bit more than just the embarrassment of an administration event.

They probably won't know that they bought two Scottish cups