PDA

View Full Version : Jason Scotland

PatHead
04-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Notice he has been freed by Hamilton. Could he do a job for us whilst Malonga is away and Farid unfit?

Obviously not a long term solution.

Bronson
04-01-2015, 12:33 PM
No thanks, hates us, we hate him.

And he's rank rotten.

bod
04-01-2015, 12:40 PM
why would he hate us ? why do WE hate him ?.
imo he's just another footballer doing what he's paid to do - play football.

PatHead
04-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Really just wondered if he would be good cover whilst we are short and by all accounts a model pro.

sleeping giant
04-01-2015, 12:43 PM

He hates us due to Hibs connections on the panel who refused him a work permit.

GordonHFC
04-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Look back to when he was refused A permit. Think it was an all Hibs related panel that refused it.

H18S NX
04-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Nah,no thanks,no got a good word to say about Hibs,after accusing us of vetoing him

Bronson
04-01-2015, 12:47 PM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/accies-jason-scotland-has-a-score-to-settle-against-hibs-1-3416434

bod
04-01-2015, 12:48 PM
nothing to do with hibs then,Im sure if we were the only team to offer him a wage then he'd soon deny saying he hated us

Smartie
04-01-2015, 12:58 PM
I've never really understood this nonsense.

A bunch of ex pros who had formerly had connections to Hibs correctly refused him a work permit because he didn't meet the criteria. As a club we do not and never have had anything personal against Scotland or Dundee Utd.

I wonder if Utd would have the talented squad filled with good, young Scottish players that they have now if they had been able to fill their squad with bit-part foreign players who didn't meet work-permit requirements?

"Hate" shouldn't come into it from either party. He's a professional player, we're a professional club. If he's good enough he should be in. Whether he's good enough should be the only debate. I don't think he is, but would give him a chance if someone gave him an opportunity.

SaulGoodman
04-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Wouldn't take him. He's a fanny.

Boyle89
04-01-2015, 01:06 PM
The only thing I know about Jason scotland was he was in that irn bru advert. And he scored against us last season :(. And in the cup semi at tynecastle. But that's it!

Jim44
04-01-2015, 01:06 PM
I've never really understood this nonsense.

A bunch of ex pros who had formerly had connections to Hibs correctly refused him a work permit because he didn't meet the criteria. As a club we do not and never have had anything personal against Scotland or Dundee Utd.

I wonder if Utd would have the talented squad filled with good, young Scottish players that they have now if they had been able to fill their squad with bit-part foreign players who didn't meet work-permit requirements?

"Hate" shouldn't come into it from either party. He's a professional player, we're a professional club. If he's good enough he should be in. Whether he's good enough should be the only debate. I don't think he is, but would give him a chance if someone gave him an opportunity.

This is all very logical common sense but fails to take into account the very real fact that the guy himself, in plain English, says he still bears a grudge against Hibs............. unemployable by us to say the least.

Smartie
04-01-2015, 01:25 PM
This is all very logical common sense but fails to take into account the very real fact that the guy himself, in plain English, says he still bears a grudge against Hibs............. unemployable by us to say the least.

He's currently unemployed and in his mid thirties. More fool him if he thinks petty grudges will get him anywhere.

He said a few stupid things in the paper around the time of a big game - then talked even louder on the park, where it really matters.

There have been far more unpalatable moves in the past than Scotland. Could anyone really have imagined Michael Stewart being a wholehearted Hibs player before he joined us?

He's a pro, might have to eat a few words but this type of stuff shouldn't dictate who we do and don't sign.

tamig
04-01-2015, 01:42 PM
The only thing I know about Jason scotland was he was in that irn bru advert. And he scored against us last season :(. And in the cup semi at tynecastle. But that's it!

The semi was at Hampden.

Edit - I see you mean the League Cup semi in 2007. The semi they're referring to was at Hampden in the Scottish Cup.

scoopyboy
04-01-2015, 01:46 PM
He's bad mouthed us at Dundee Utd, St.Johnstone and Hamilton so a far as I am concerned he can f*** right off.

I would rather we brought Rowan Vine back than have that nasty man playing for us.

Wilson
04-01-2015, 02:33 PM
I would sooner have ten men and a forklift truck carry Nade onto our pitch than have Jason Scotland anywhere near it.

SaulGoodman
04-01-2015, 02:44 PM
Can still mind him celebrating in front of the Hibs fans after the play-offs.

You've just been promoted to the top tier and you're letting stupid grudges get in the way if you celebrating with your own fans. Complete tool

.Sean.
04-01-2015, 03:12 PM
He's bad mouthed us at Dundee Utd, St.Johnstone and Hamilton so a far as I am concerned he can f*** right off.

I would rather we brought Rowan Vine back than have that nasty man playing for us.Come on J, off the fence :greengrin

woody47
04-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Wouldnt have him on a gold platter. Over-rated, over-weight, over the hill..so NO!"

Carheenlea
04-01-2015, 04:10 PM
So I take it that`ll be a no then.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2015, 04:19 PM
He is like Kuqi on a motorbike. A motorbike that is, that has two sidecars. One with Nade in it, and the other with Preston in it, with wee Robbo on his knee.

Bostonhibby
04-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Real backwards step would be a kuqiesque style signing. Not good enough,not for us

SaulGoodman
04-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Just me that would love to play Accies right now??

Pete
04-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Not good enough.

Waxy
04-01-2015, 04:36 PM
did anyone see his glee at us going down? He's not for us imo.He's not good enough for us now anyway.

HoboHarry
04-01-2015, 04:42 PM
did anyone see his glee at us going down? He's not for us imo.He's not good enough for us now anyway.
OK seriously? Do you not think his glee may have have been based on them going up and him scoring? I don't want him either but honestly.....

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2015, 04:43 PM
OK seriously? Do you not think his glee may have have been based on them going up and him scoring? I don't want him either but honestly.....

It seemed to be directed at us in the famous 5 stand rather than towards his own team mates and fans?

SaulGoodman
04-01-2015, 04:44 PM

So why did he feel the need to celebrate in front of us then?

iwasthere1972
04-01-2015, 04:50 PM

I was in the FF and I thought maybe the fans in the east stand sang the Nade song but replaced Nade's name with Scotland.

I could be wrong of course.

Waxy
04-01-2015, 04:51 PM
OK seriously? Do you not think his glee may have have been based on them going up and him scoring? I don't want him either but honestly.....From what i saw he had his top off and was puffing his chest out staring and gesturing at tearful hibbys in the FF stand.

Nando™
04-01-2015, 05:34 PM
He's a bitter f***wit with a blind grudge against us. No thanks.

s.a.m
04-01-2015, 06:02 PM
He's a bitter f***wit with a blind grudge against us. No thanks.

That's about the shape of it. He'd be chucking goals in our net*.

*not that I'm paranoid or owt.....

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Never going happen he's a boyhood Celtic fan and I hear he's off to Parkhead later this week. Thought I'd get in the obligatory boring post first.

Stuarty27
04-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Not only does he hate Hibs but he is tom tit

Never gonna happen

PatHead
04-01-2015, 06:37 PM
I take it that the general consensus is a no then.

HoboHarry
04-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Never going happen he's a boyhood Celtic fan and I hear he's off to Parkhead later this week. Thought I'd get in the obligatory boring post first.
And then they will let LG come to us? :greengrin

emerald green
04-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Can still mind him celebrating in front of the Hibs fans after the play-offs.

You've just been promoted to the top tier and you're letting stupid grudges get in the way if you celebrating with your own fans. Complete tool

:agree: He can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

mca
04-01-2015, 06:50 PM

Not Remember the World Cup song.. :wink:

04-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Past his best and even at his best he wasn't particularly great

Jonnyboy
04-01-2015, 10:12 PM

I would rather we brought Rowan Vine back than have that nasty man playing for us.

First line ............. yes, 100%

Second line ...... NO no no no no no :greengrin

hibby6270
04-01-2015, 10:20 PM
NO!! Just NO!!

Criswell
05-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Wonder if he will blame Hibs for getting punted by Hamilton.

Sir David Gray
05-01-2015, 10:28 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/accies-jason-scotland-has-a-score-to-settle-against-hibs-1-3416434

Never heard such nonsense.

If he seriously believes that his work permit got refused because of a few goals that he scored against Hibs then he's deluded.

That's madness.

FromTheCapital
06-01-2015, 12:43 AM
No thanks. Not even nearly as good as Malonga or El Alagui. We should be looking at higher quality players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk