PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Neilston's comments on the game

theonlywayisup
04-01-2015, 09:27 AM
What do you think?

"It was a good game. Hibs probably had the better of the first half-an-hour of and then we got ourselves back into it."For us to pick up a point and take that unbeaten [league] run to 19 games is fantastic for the players and for the fans.
"There was a lot of things we worked on during the week that I didn't think we implemented in the game at all really. There were periods when we did do it and we got a bit of joy, but I thought we were a bit off at the start and it took us time to get going. Once we got the goal and the fans got behind us it was a different game.
"There's a belief that we'll score goals and will keep teams out as well. In the last 10 minutes there were a lot of chances, balls getting knocked into the box by Hibs, but our two centre-halves and full-backs were magnificent. The amount of tackles and blocks were fantastic for us and it's guys like that who will win us the league. Yes, strikers score the goals, but defenders are the ones who keep the clean sheets to win games.
"There's a lot of young, motivated guys who want to do well for the club, and when you get that combined with the facilities we've got and the fan-base, it's got us going in the right direction.
"We won't be in touching distance [of the league title] until it's mathematically impossible for anyone to catch us."

puff the dragon
04-01-2015, 09:30 AM
What do you think?

A fair summary of the game from their point of view. He's still an Unevolved hertz chump tho.

Caversham Green
04-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Stopping the opposition playing is more important than playing good football. Same attitude they had when he played for them (and didn't have a t in his name :wink:).

It's the Hearts way.

TRC
04-01-2015, 10:26 AM
hes just a mouthpiece for Potter. The team yesterday was all Potter, two hammer throwers in the middle of the park long balls up to a lone striker.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2015, 10:26 AM
It's fair comment. They've only conceded 9 goals all season and they are the leagues top scorers so he has a point.
Until we start beating them we will just have to take their bull on the chin.

matty_f
04-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Yam welt.

Northernhibee
04-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Yam welt.

Big smelly yam welt.

lucky
04-01-2015, 10:50 AM
He was accurate in his assessment of the game. They played not to lose, their defensive midfielders are the key to them as they play 6 at the back then try to counter attack. The fact they've lost 9 goals all season shows it works for them. Most Hearts fans I spoke to last night were delighted with a draw. The only game they think they might lose is at ER but it could be the day they win the league!!

Greenblood70
04-01-2015, 10:52 AM
His relief is palpable, knows they really got away with it yesterday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steakbake
04-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Fair call. Read an article that said yesterday's derby left neither side with anything to complain about.

Billy Whizz
04-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Heaets play like a Levein team. Big powerful players with little creativity. I wonder who's really pulling the strings at the pink bus shelter

#FromTheCapital
04-01-2015, 10:59 AM
He was accurate in his assessment of the game. They played not to lose, their defensive midfielders are the key to them as they play 6 at the back then try to counter attack. The fact they've lost 9 goals all season shows it works for them. Most Hearts fans I spoke to last night were delighted with a draw. The only game they think they might lose is at ER but it could be the day they win the league!!

What a horrible thought. They mutants winning the league at Easter road.

jacomo
04-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Fair call. Read an article that said yesterday's derby left neither side with anything to complain about.

Better result for them though. We really needed to win to try and put a little bit of pressure on.

But I suppose they've earned the right to play for draws. Any team in their position would probably do the same.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2015, 11:12 AM

It's only the championship. So long as we go up I don't care who wins it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Fair comment. Guess if you have your side almost in a different postcode at the top of the league, you can say what you like? Maybe, if all we have in reposte is playground jibes, there is more than a bit of truth to it?

heretoday
04-01-2015, 11:46 AM
The way things have gone for us in recent years I would say it's a certainty.

Turkish Green
04-01-2015, 11:49 AM
It's the Hearts way.

And unfortunately it has seen them well for decades. Neilson is following a procession of yam managers that have gone with this approach.

Just_Jimmy
04-01-2015, 11:56 AM
I thought he was fair. He gave Hibs as much credit as he could being the manager of them. The set out to stop us and were happy with a point, they got it more because we failed to take the chance we did create and didn't create enough from the amount of the ball we had.

Their position means they can afford to not lose against Us and Sevco whilst beating the teams from 4th down. We need to win EVERY game.

erin go bragh
04-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Every time i look at that welts coupen , it reminds me of Robert The Bruce's father in Braveheart ( nearer the end of the film ) quite a few PBSrs i spoke to in the pub were appalled with the negative tactics . I feel if Cummings had scored with that header , we would have won by a few .

Ggtth

Jim44
04-01-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm frankly bored and cheesed off with the never ending debate/comments about the sustainability of their position. IMHO there is not the remotest possibility of anyone catching them and if we and sevco keep harping on about how difficult it will be / it's still mathematically possible to catch them etc. the more they will smugly enjoy their lofty position, while pretending to feel some sort of vulnerability. I wouldn't give them the opportunity to play the false modesty game and we should just ignore them and concentrate on the real battle of at least securing a playoff spot, preferably in second place.

Springbank
04-01-2015, 01:22 PM
I'm frankly bored and cheesed off with the never ending debate/comments about the sustainability of their position. IMHO there is not the remotest possibility of anyone catching them and if we and sevco keep harping on about how difficult it will be / it's still mathematically possible to catch them etc. the more they will smugly enjoy their lofty position, while pretending to feel some sort of vulnerability. I wouldn't give them the opportunity to play the false modesty game and we should just ignore them and concentrate on the real battle of at least securing a playoff spot, preferably in second place.

Speak for yourself

They are slowly coming into a tailspin

Dodgy win at livvy then yesterday getting a football shooing (credit to their last gasp defending) this is a bus where the wheels are falling off and the engines running distinctly out of steam

The Rangers won't be hearing any of the white-flag nonsense. At 13pts and with 2 games versus Jonny Yam still to come (plus hearts due to come to ER) they know this game is far from up.

Never underestimate the power of momentum on the up...or the down!

2015 is going to be interesting

ACLeith
04-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Heaets play like a Levein team. Big powerful players with little creativity. I wonder who's really pulling the strings at the pink bus shelter

I've not wondered about that since the day HP signed up again as DOF (AKA Manager/Coach). Robbie (Sandy Shaw) Neilson :agree:

leggeto
04-01-2015, 02:23 PM
hes just a mouthpiece for Potter. The team yesterday was all Potter, two hammer throwers in the middle of the park long balls up to a lone striker.

Yip,they started their attacks from the loose ball from a knockdown from their striker or our defence,we played all the good stuff and created far more chances

hibees 7062
04-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Big smelly yam welt.

Big ugly smelly yam welt

Sudds_1
04-01-2015, 04:10 PM
It's only the championship. So long as we go up I don't care who wins it.

me neither..........besides, we've won it before anyway!

Canongatehibs
05-01-2015, 05:56 PM
He is a Star Wars cafe regular.

silverhibee
05-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Big scruffy tramp yam welt.

Smartie
05-01-2015, 06:17 PM
I thought his comments were balanced and fair and to be honest most of his comments are. He knows his stuff and I think a lot of their success so far is down to him. We'll see how classy he really is when he comes under a bit of pressure though - it's all been plain sailing for him so far.

I prefer their managers to be graceless, torn-faced, incompetent hoofball merchants. Or hilarious non-entity Lithuanians - they were quite good fun.

Semi-competent managers with a bit of common sense and good grace like him and Sergio have no place at Tynecastle.

superfurryhibby
05-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Speak for yourself

Dodgy win at livvy then yesterday getting a football shooing (credit to their last gasp defending) this is a bus where the wheels are falling off and the engines running distinctly out of steam

The Rangers won't be hearing any of the white-flag nonsense. At 13pts and with 2 games versus Jonny Yam still to come (plus hearts due to come to ER) they know this game is far from up.

They have the look of a team who are united and determined. Not pretty but very effective. The recent form has been variable but they are hardly showing signs of running out of steam or entering into tailspin. So far the momentum remains up and unbeaten.

Still, there is no denying that Neilson is one ugly yam fandango

H18Y GW
05-01-2015, 07:04 PM
I thought his comments were balanced and fair and to be honest most of his comments are. He knows his stuff and I think a lot of their success so far is down to him. We'll see how classy he really is when he comes under a bit of pressure though - it's all been plain sailing for him so far.

I prefer their managers to be graceless, torn-faced, incompetent hoofball merchants. Or hilarious non-entity Lithuanians - they were quite good fun.

Semi-competent managers with a bit of common sense and good grace like him and Sergio have no place at Tynecastle.

I agreed with most of what he said as well,infact it all,was well oiled after the Roseburn but its how i seen it also.
They carry a threat with movement that we dont, until McGeoch came on.

cabbageandribs1875
05-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Neilson actually came across pretty decent and honest, the complete opposite from what jumbo jefferies was always like in his interviews, no matter who hertz were playing he simply refused to give the opposition any credit

ekhibee
05-01-2015, 07:14 PM

Yep, totally agree Smartie. It would be easy for him to copy Levein's attitude towards Hibs, but he speaks well and gives pretty honest and knowledgable comments. Still hate Hearts though, always will.

steakbake
05-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Neilson actually came across pretty decent and honest, the complete opposite from what jumbo jefferies was always like in his interviews, no matter who hertz were playing he simply refused to give the opposition any credit

Agree with this. Credit where it is definitely due: it'll never catch on.

I think what you can say about Neilson's comments is that they were respectful to his opponents.

HFC 0-7
06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Speak for yourself

i wish you were correct but I doubt it very much. They have set up a team to win this league and they will have bad spells, even man city, Chelsea etc etc have bad spells, the secret is to win when not playing well, they have managed that against the like of livingston. There are to many pish teams in this league for them to get their momentum back.

What I see, is that hearts are as good as they are going to get, they have peaked, our team on the other hand looks like it will just improve and is being built with top flight in mind where not every team will sit in. Hearts will be mediocre in the top flight next season with that team.

Cod Boy
06-01-2015, 05:31 PM
There last game is against Rangers so in reality it will be over by then.

bigwheel
06-01-2015, 08:06 PM
It interesting to me that in the three games we have played them, I can only recall about 30-40 mins in total where they have been having the upperhand...we are very unlucky not to have a record of two wins and a draw against Neilson's team. What is perhaps more interesting is that he is obviously very cautious about playing us...he set up very defensively at the weekend, and as the games headed for a draw, was making very defensive substitutions.

It also questions his ability to learn, as he has not yet solved, in 3 games, a way to take the game to us...

3pm
06-01-2015, 08:26 PM

He wasn't that gracious after Celtic kicked their arse. I hate that mob.