PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

hibsbollah
03-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Oxley 6

Stevenson 5 Usually saves his best performances for derbies but his distribution was weak today, one great cross to Cummings aside.
Hanlon 7
Fontaine 6
Gray 6

Robertson 7 pick of the midfield
Allan 6 after the first 30 minutes looked like we were going to see another master class. Had Gomis and Buaben in his pocket. But dead balls, general delivery and defensive work weren't up to his usual standard.
Craig 6 still prone to giving the ball away cheaply.
Handling 6 some great touches but drifts in and out of games...

Cummings 7
Malonga 7 both strikers deserve a lot of credit. Tirelessly harrying the back four, Malongas ball retention outstanding (can't believe there's still some ' lazy' chat), great volleyed finish from Cummings although should have scored again.

Subs
mcgeogh dangerous on the ball
booth defensively suspect, got forward well
boyle got into good positions, could have scored late on.

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Oxley 6

Stevenson 5 Usually saves his best performances for derbies but his distribution was weak today, one great cross to Cummings aside.
Hanlon 7
Fontaine 6
Gray 6

Allan 6 after the first 30 minutes looked like we were going to see another master class. Had Gomis and Buaben in his pocket. But dead balls, general delivery and defensive work weren't up to his usual standard.

Cummings 7
Malonga 7 both strikers deserve a lot of credit. Tirelessly harrying the back four, Malongas ball retention outstanding (can't believe there's still some ' lazy' chat), great volleyed finish from Cummings although should have scored again.

Pretty much agree with all of that

patch1875
03-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Everyone a 7 for me.

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Oxley 6

Hanlon 7
Fontaine 6
Gray 6

Cummings 7

Subs
mcgeogh dangerous on the ball
booth defensively suspect, got forward well
boyle got into good positions, could have scored late on.

Good ratings bollah - harsh critic (me) but thought Craig was decent in a sort of holding role - thought McGeouch made an obvious difference second half when he caught up with play - some of the quick feet shown from Hibs from 70-85 mins was excellent, and I include Booth in that.

I turned to a friend and said I can't recall a Tynecastle Derby, other than the last one funnily enough, where we have played like the home side and muted their support - under Stubbs it's been really really refreshing, more than Mowbray, because the 'head factor' seems gone - when Hearts equalised, Allan and Robbo demanded the ball ! Would Palsson and Thornhill have done that, or Wotherspoon ?

Pretty Boy
03-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Oxley - 7

Gray - 6
Hanlon - 6
Fontaine - 7
Stevenson - 5

Allan - 6.5
Craig - 7
Robertson - 7
Handling - 7

Cummings - 7
Malonga - 7.5

McGeough - 7.5
Boyle - 7
Booth - 7

hibbymick
03-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Oxley - 6

Gray - 6
Hanlon - 6
Fontaine - 7
Stevenson - 5

Allan - 6
Craig - 6
Robertson - 6
Handling - 6

Cummings - 6
Malonga - 7

McGeough - 6
Boyle - 4
Booth -5

Future17
03-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Anyone putting Stevenson as a 5 needs to have a word. Wasn't his best game and his delivery wasn't the best, but that could be said for everyone in the team.

His work-rate was phenomenal, from 0-75 mins he was solid defensively and he always wanted the ball. To suggest that others in the team were 7's whist he was a 5 is absolute nonsense.

Nameless
03-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Oxley - 6

Gray - 7
Hanlon - 7
Fontaine - 8
Stevenson - 7

Allan - 7
Craig - 7
Robertson - 8
Handling - 7

Cummings - 8
Malonga - 8

McGeough - 5
Boyle - 6
Booth -7

Booth and Boyle impressed me, but Fontaine was the stand our for me. In my opinion, the best center half we have had since Caldwell.

Future17
03-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Just read the other thread which is now locked and can only imagine Sergey (normally a sensible poster) has been on the beers from early doors today.

Frustrated fiction. :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Anyone putting Stevenson as a 5 needs to have a word. Wasn't his best game and his delivery wasn't the best, but that could be said for everyone in the team.

His work-rate was phenomenal, from 0-75 mins he was solid defensively and he always wanted the ball. To suggest that others in the team were 7's whist he was a 5 is absolute nonsense.

:agree:

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 10:04 PM

Pa Kujabi, Zurabi, Grounds - all three combined couldn't cone close to one Lewis Stevenson although some on here will convince you Grounds 'had something in training' !

NAE NOOKIE
03-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Oxley .... 6 .... had little to do ... no chance with the goal

Gray .... 6 .... did his bit ... hope he is OK, great player

Fontaine .... 6 .... did little wrong

Hanlon .... 6 .... see Fontaine

Stevenson .... 6 .... some loose passes but did OK

Craig .... 6 .... did fine

Allan .... 6 .... a tiny bit below par, which means he was still as good as everybody else

Robertson ... 6.5 ... though he was our best midfielder

Handling .... 6 ... gave his usual performance

Cummings .... 6 .... would have been 8 if he had scored off a perfect cross

Malonga ... 6 .... did OK without being brilliant

Subs:

Booth ... 6 ... attacked well

McGeough ... 6 ... made a difference

Boyle ... 6 .... got in good positions, might even have scored

If we had gone in at half time at 2 - 0 we would have won .... we must take our chances in these games.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2015, 10:09 PM

I like Lewis, really like him and spend ages on here defending him.

He's not immune to criticism though and his final ball was poor several times today. The system we play relies on full backs contributing in an attacking sense and whilst he got in positions that were threatening he only really delivered 1 or 2 good balls. Not like him but that's why he got a 5 from me.

Stantons Angel
03-01-2015, 10:10 PM

I have to admit today was not Lewis's best game but we have to remember he took a bad knock in the first few minutes and seemed to carry it for a while. His distribution was not his usual but how many times where there Hibs players in the box when he and Gray were in position to release the ball into the box.

We should have killed them off by half time and their support knew it.They were quiet for a long time in the game and knew they were there for the beating!

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 10:12 PM

He's not immune to criticism though and his final ball was poor several times today. The system we play relies on full backs contributing in an attacking sense and whilst he got in positions that were threatening he only really delivered 1 or 2 good balls. Not like him but that's why he got a 5 from me.

Ditto. My agreement with the 5 was based on the marks others, who had played better on the day, got

3pm
03-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Everyone mentions Lewis going forward but not defending - and he was fine!

Brooster
03-01-2015, 10:31 PM
Stevenson's distribution was terrible. He wasnt a patch on what was happening in the right back position in both halves. If we want to progress he needs replaced.

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 10:33 PM

Stubbs pinpointed Paterson getting forward more than Eccles Cake on their left - Lewis dealt with the 'threat' admirably until last 10 - indeed Errol Flynn had to continually come inside because Lewis had powered back into position despite being in their half most of the second half.

Totally not a slight on you PB, or your post, I just wish folk would look at the wider game, and more closely at the 'fall guys' - Lewis is by far and away one of our best players - jeez he's been a mainstay under Stubbs, a coach we all allegedly rate !

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Stevenson's distribution was terrible. He wasnt a patch on what was happening in the right back position in both halves. If we want to progress he needs replaced.

Totally disagree Brooster - where was Malonga, Cummings and Co when he delivered three six yard box crosses second half ?

Broken Gnome
03-01-2015, 10:37 PM
Totally disagree Brooster - where was Malonga, Cummings and Co when he delivered three six yard box crosses second half ?

Malonga had a tap in for one. Lewis belted in a half volley ten yards behind him though (Handling penalty shout).

Blaster
03-01-2015, 10:40 PM

Like the cross onto Cummings head from 6 yards you mean?? Listening to scoop too much stevie

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Malonga had a tap in for one. Lewis belted in a half volley ten yards behind him though (Handling penalty shout).

Was actually wanting Lewy to shoot but he didn't have faith in himself - mind I'm glad you acknowledge it was a pen from his cross, which it definitely was 😊

Broken Gnome
03-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Was actually wanting Lewy to shoot but he didn't have faith in himself - mind I'm glad you acknowledge it was a pen from his cross, which it definitely was 😊

Was it hell.

snedzuk
04-01-2015, 12:34 AM
Stubbs pinpointed Paterson getting forward more than Eccles Cake on their left - Lewis dealt with the 'threat' admirably until last 10 - indeed Errol Flynn had to continually come inside because Lewis had powered back into position despite being in their half most of the second half.

Totally not a slight on you PB, or your post, I just wish folk would look at the wider game, and more closely at the 'fall guys' - Lewis is by far and away one of our best players - jeez he's been a mainstay under Stubbs, a coach we all allegedly rate !

Sorry - I get eccles cake but who is errol flynn? ( and why dare I ask).

Stantons Angel
04-01-2015, 12:47 AM

Why do we need to have protracted posts about Lewis this and Lewis that?

I was at the game too and i have supported the wee man all the way against many a tirade of abuse he has had to take from some on here! I dont think anyone has mentioned the heavy knock he took in the opening minutes of the game? im sure he was carrying this throughout the first half too!

As i have said in a previous post he didnt have his best game today based on his usual standards. BUT he was NOT the worst player on the team today.

Handling continually gives the ball away week after week and ive yet to hear that he should be benched or replaced? Malonga let so many balls go past him with out even trying to get to them.. Craig again gives 9/10 balls away in midfield and does not track back.

Again this is the way i see things and you have your opinion too but surely Lewis does not have to carry the extra pressure you all put on him when he has been playing so well of late. Hopefully this will be a one off for him and we will see him back to his self soon. Just lay off him and see that the whole team had flaws in their own individual games today!!!

Boyle89
04-01-2015, 12:52 AM
Paul hanlon-10 for 'landing' on walker.
Oxley-10 for clattering walker or whoever it was.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2015, 12:58 AM

I was at the game too and i have supported the wee man all the way against many a tirade of abuse he has had to take from some on here! I dont think anyone has mentioned the heavy knock he took in the opening minutes of the game? im sure he was carrying this throughout the first half too!

As i have said in a previous post he didnt have his best game today based on his usual standards. BUT he was NOT the worst player on the team today.

Handling continually gives the ball away week after week and ive yet to hear that he should be benched or replaced? Malonga let so many balls go past him with out even trying to get to them.. Craig again gives 9/10 balls away in midfield and does not track back.

Again this is the way i see things and you have your opinion too but surely Lewis does not have to carry the extra pressure you all put on him when he has been playing so well of late. Hopefully this will be a one off for him and we will see him back to his self soon. Just lay off him and see that the whole team had flaws in their own individual games today!!!

Not sure the best way to defend Lewis is to have a pop at 3 other players, one of them a home grown talent, who certainly don't deserve it based on todays performances.

Mibbes Aye
04-01-2015, 12:59 AM
It's noticeable that any criticism of Lewis is for his forward play. No one is suggesting he made defensive errors.

All of a sudden, the Lewis critics expect an Alves or a Cole when the reality is he gives an out ball or an attacking pass time and time and time again.

Lewis has been outstanding when I've seen him this season. Different kind of outstanding from Scott Allan, everybody gets that, but I've loved them both for their contributions. Different players, but both necessary in green and white shirts to make a team effort.

Pretty Boy
04-01-2015, 01:07 AM
It's noticeable that any criticism of Lewis is for his forward play. No one is suggesting he made defensive errors.

All of a sudden, the Lewis critics expect an Alves or a Cole when the reality is he gives an out ball or an attacking pass time and time and time again.

Lewis has been outstanding when I've seen him this season. Different kind of outstanding from Scott Allan, everybody gets that, but I've loved them both for their contributions. Different players, but both necessary in green and white shirts to make a team effort.

It now seems though it's almost impossible to criticise Lewis without people jumping down your throat. I'm not a 'Lewis critic', I see what he offers the team and am more than happy to see him in it and I'd be delighted if he got a new contract. Yet today I thought he had, by his standards, one of his poorer (and I use the term loosely) games and I'm hounded by several posters. Ironically one of the defences of Lewis was to slaughter Handling and Craig (both of whom get it far tougher than LS from fans) or 'lazy' Malonga (who ran his socks off today).

Getting a balanced view on LS is impossible becuas it's either a case of ridiculous criticism or OTT defence of him and an unwillingness to accept he's human and can have an off day like anyone else. If people don't agree then fair enough but the sneering dismisal of any criticism of LS is a bit tiresome.

Glory Lurker
04-01-2015, 01:12 AM
Lewis was good in defence, but his crosses were hopeless. I love him dearly, but what was the flipping problem with bringing the ball in to the box? He didn't attempt it once. I started wondering if he was under orders not to.........

HFC 0-7
04-01-2015, 01:21 AM
It now seems though it's almost impossible to criticise Lewis without people jumping down your throat. I'm not a 'Lewis critic', I see what he offers the team and am more than happy to see him in it and I'd be delighted if he got a new contract. Yet today I thought he had, by his standards, one of his poorer (and I use the term loosely) games and I'm hounded by several posters. Ironically one of the defences of Lewis was to slaughter Handling and Craig (both of whom get it far tougher than LS from fans) or 'lazy' Malonga (who ran his socks off todat).

Getting a balanced view on LS is impossible becuas it's either a case of ridiculous criticism or OTT defence of him.

He got mom today but people still pick fault with him, the op had Lewis rated as the worst hibs player today which is very strange IMO. Yes he had a few bad crosses but he also had some good ones, not every one of grays crosses went to a hibs player but no one jumps on him. Scott Allan's crosses from dead balls were very bad. If you look at Stevensons whole game today, the defending, the attacking, the work rate and his desire to get on the ball he done a very good job.

You are spot on though, balanced views on him are difficult, mainly because of the undue criticism he receives causes others posters to defend him no matter what. For some reason if he has a fantastic game then an average one it stands out more than any other player. It may just be highlighting how important he is to this team.

Mibbes Aye
04-01-2015, 01:28 AM
It now seems though it's almost impossible to criticise Lewis without people jumping down your throat. I'm not a 'Lewis critic', I see what he offers the team and am more than happy to see him in it and I'd be delighted if he got a new contract. Yet today I thought he had, by his standards, one of his poorer (and I use the term loosely) games and I'm hounded by several posters. Ironically one of the defences of Lewis was to slaughter Handling and Craig (both of whom get it far tougher than LS from fans) or 'lazy' Malonga (who ran his socks off today).

Getting a balanced view on LS is impossible becuas it's either a case of ridiculous criticism or OTT defence of him and an unwillingness to accept he's human and can have an off day like anyone else. If people don't agree then fair enough but the sneering dismisal of any criticism of LS is a bit tiresome.

I would agree with you.

Read your original post about Lewis and I share your opinion, read this post from you and agree with it too.

Nature of forums is folk post opinions and Lewis, like Petrie and certain other things just exercise folk.

As an admin you must welcome it, it makes for a popular site :greengrin

My son is ten and he consistently asks me who my favourite Hibs player is. It's been LS for the last twelve months, pretty much based on who I would want him to see as someone who represents Hibernian.

Steviethebear
04-01-2015, 01:33 AM
In my humble nobody was less than an 8, we held our own against the only unbeaten team in the uk in their backyard just because it's them shouldn't matter, Jesus we go on a good run and people expect us to be world beaters!! It's been a long time since we have played this kind of football yet we moan about LS and others not at their best today, what a load of negative nonsense. We destroyed a very poor sevco last week we are all 8 and 9 (and 10s) yet a team not lost in 19 league games now we give 5/6/6.5 really (not everybody I know 😉) but they worked there socks off today, on effort alone, nobody was poor IMO and tbh we should have won if not for Ozturks last ditch challange on Boyle!! Rant over #GGTTH

macd123
04-01-2015, 03:20 AM

Plenty have said that!

hibsbollah
04-01-2015, 09:30 AM

:agree: its crazy talk.

Ive always been a Lewis fan and my post history backs it up. But yesterday he was poorer than usual and most peoples ratings reflect that. I doesn't make me a 'Lewis critic'.

Having met and chatted with him he's a humble and almost embarrassed guy; I bet he'd be the first to admit he gave the ball away too often.

Spike Mandela
04-01-2015, 09:51 AM
:agree: its crazy talk.

Ive always been a Lewis fan and my post history backs it up. But yesterday he was poorer than usual and most peoples ratings reflect that. I doesn't make me a 'Lewis critic'.

Having met and chatted with him he's a humble and almost embarrassed guy; I bet he'd be the first to admit he gave the ball away too often.

Several times during the game he found himself in space on the left in a forward position and either his cross was poor or he showed no endeavour to get himself into the box and have a shot or win a pen himself.

He deserves criticism for wasting these oppurtunites and the OP's rating is fair. Why do people get so touchy about anyone not giving Lewis high marks? It's not obligatory.

Tyler Durden
04-01-2015, 10:26 AM
He got mom today but people still pick fault with him, the op had Lewis rated as the worst hibs player today which is very strange IMO. Yes he had a few bad crosses but he also had some good ones, not every one of grays crosses went to a hibs player but no one jumps on him. Scott Allan's crosses from dead balls were very bad. If you look at Stevensons whole game today, the defending, the attacking, the work rate and his desire to get on the ball he done a very good job.

You are spot on though, balanced views on him are difficult, mainly because of the undue criticism he receives causes others posters to defend him no matter what. For some reason if he has a fantastic game then an average one it stands out more than any other player. It may just be highlighting how important he is to this team.

Where did Lewis get MOTM? On BT?

Winston Ingram
04-01-2015, 10:33 AM

I'm huge Lewis fan but his crossing yesterday was not up to his usual standard. Other than that he was very good but the number of great crossing opportunities he fudged would bring down his mark.

Expecting Rain
04-01-2015, 10:34 AM
If Lewis was considered a squad player i would agree that he would offer us versatility and discipline, i think he is an honest, likeable guy who endeavours to be the best he can be and that is admirable and i think that he deserves to be a professional footballer but if we are to improve he is far from being the answer as a first team pick and this opinion is not only based on yesterdays game!

emerald green
04-01-2015, 11:40 AM
I've said before at matches I've attended that Lewis Stevenson's final ball into the box is sometimes poor, but not always though. This could also be down to the fact that his team mates are not getting into decent positions to receive a cross into the box, so it might not always simply be down to LS.

Lewis though can never be criticised for lack of effort and commitment. Something that cannot be said for certain other "players" who have disgraced the Hibs jersey over recent seasons.

Why Lewis Stevenson was singled out in that ludicrous post yesterday is beyond a joke (I note the thread has been closed now). Coming as it did at a time when I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the club has agreed to grant him a testimonial just says it all.

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2015, 11:46 AM
How many crosses did we actually put in yesterday that were won by one of our players, i can only remember 2?

emerald green
04-01-2015, 11:49 AM
How many crosses did we actually put in yesterday that were won by one of our players, i can only remember 2?

That's where Hibs are missing El Alagui, or someone like him, big and strong and good in the air.

rcarter1
04-01-2015, 11:57 AM
I think all the players were on their game for the first 25, and showed how much we have improved. Then for some reason a number of players started losing their focus/composure and then pretty much all of them lost their way a bit after Hearts scored. Pleased that we are progressing, I just feel a leader on the park would have helped us reestablish our composure. I think the players who have been with us for the longest were the guiltiest of losing composure initially, but it just seemed to spread. We weren't terrible in the second half, but indecision and poor quality delivery became the order of the day. Hearts were in cruise control, and Im disappointed we didn't take advantage.

Overall assessment of the teams performance 6.5/10

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2015, 11:58 AM
That's where Hibs are missing El Alagui, or someone like him, big and strong and good in the air.

Good point. :agree:

J-C
04-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Oxley......6

Gray......6
Hanlon......6
Fontaine.....6
Stevenson.......6 looked hesitant with his crosses, he's played better but still solid

Craig.....5 Disappointing especially after his last few performances, far too many wasted passes and a lot of finger pointing again.
Robertson....7 Broke up a lot of play in the middle and worked very hard
Allan.....5 worst game since he came, passing and distribution was poor for his standards, 1 good cross for the goal, set pieces shocking.
Handling.....5.5 some nice touches but doesn't do enough for me, would like to see Stanton getting a run instead.

Cummings......7 Took his goal well but missed a sitter from Stevenson's cross, worked hard but really needs to keep the heid, could easily have been sent off.
Malonga......6 Worked hard and nothing really came off for him.

McGeough.......7 Looked very sharp when he came on, some lovely runs through the middle, hopefully starts next game and takes pressure off Allan
Boyd.......6 looked eager and nearly scored with his 1st touch
Booth......6 some decent runs but still a bit dodgy defending at times.

B.H.F.C
04-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Oxley didn't really have anything to do. Hanlon and Fontaine strolled though the game.

Some of our deliveries in to the box were shocking, Stevenson and Allan both wasted multiple opportunities.

Malonga and Cummings wee in and out the game but are always a threat.

Better team. Walked away feeling like we'd lost. We just wasted to many opportunities when we see in good positions.

ggth
05-01-2015, 03:10 PM
I've said before at matches I've attended that Lewis Stevenson's final ball into the box is sometimes poor, but not always though. This could also be down to the fact that his team mates are not getting into decent positions to receive a cross into the box, so it might not always simply be down to LS.

Lewis though can never be criticised for lack of effort and commitment. Something that cannot be said for certain other "players" who have disgraced the Hibs jersey over recent seasons.

Why Lewis Stevenson was singled out in that ludicrous post yesterday is beyond a joke (I note the thread has been closed now). Coming as it did at a time when I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the club has agreed to grant him a testimonial just says it all.

beats me why LS gets the MOTM, no one can doubt the lad gives 110% but sadly lacks ability, can't pass, cross, maybe too small,
he has had a better season in the championship, maybe that is his level. We will need someone with Grays ability to replace L.S
believe me he will get skinned and ripped apart, if we get back in the SPL and he is still playing, as he did in previous seasons.

The Sundance Kid
05-01-2015, 03:30 PM
beats me why LS gets the MOTM, no one can doubt the lad gives 110% but sadly lacks ability, can't pass, cross, maybe too small,
he has had a better season in the championship, maybe that is his level. We will need someone with Grays ability to replace L.S
believe me he will get skinned and ripped apart, if we get back in the SPL and he is still playing, as he did in previous seasons.

Stevenson has 6 assists so far this season, 4 of which have been crosses.

To put that into a bit of context top of our assist chart for the whole of last season was Paul Cairney with 6, while Stevenson is currently second for this season with only Scott Allan ahead of him with 8.

Therefore the argument that he can't cross, pass, has no final ball isn't one that makes any real sense.

There have been times over the last 9 years that I have had enough of Stevenson in a Hibs shirt, however, this season I feel he has been up there with Gray, Allan and Malonga as our player of the season.

HibernianJK
05-01-2015, 06:42 PM
I think Stevenson has been very good this season but he was poor on Saturday, poor final ball and so reluctant to shoot when in a good position several times. Defensively he was also torn apart second half by Nicholson down their right and thats where most of their attacks came from.

skipster7
05-01-2015, 06:55 PM
I think Stevenson has been very good this season but he was poor on Saturday, poor final ball and so reluctant to shoot when in a good position several times. Defensively he was also torn apart second half by Nicholson down their right and thats where most of their attacks came from.

I can think of one where he should have smashed it low and hard towards goal but don't recall him being torn apart at all. Solid game overall imo

H18Y GW
05-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Stevenson loves to be involved and has as many touches in a game as most if not more,cant have it all with him,tremendous professional.
Fontaine for me has been a massive find,didnt think he fancied it at first,but now excellent and i think its him thats improved Hanlon.
Robertson was also excellent,thought he was giving a Pen away which he is bad for but made a great challenge.

McGeoch was superb in the short time he was on and changed it into a procession..