PDA

View Full Version : Lewis F$5&$in Stevenson

Sergey
03-01-2015, 07:06 PM
I've never been his biggest fan - but after seeing him against Rangers, he did little to appease my angst.

Today he was utter dross. Half a dozen times he worked his way to the bye-line only to aimlessly hoof a ball into the box - not to mention the time he skewed a cross into the away fans.

This lad simply isn't good enough and I'll happily drive him to Arbroath or wherever his next club is.

If any posters seriously think that Lewis Stevenson has the ability to play week-in, week-out then they should seriously change sports.

Stevenson was a pivotal part of the side that saw us relegated. He hasn't improved a jot and how he still commands a regular starting berth simply beggars belief.

Get rid. He offers nowt.

BTW - Decent performance today by all others taking part and with better delivery from the left flank we could have pissed this match.

ArmadaleHibs
03-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Christ here we go again

Stuarty27
Hope you wearing your tin hat!!

Thot he was poor today, wasted numerous good opportunities....

bawheid
Don't agree.

HoboHarry
That is, without a doubt, the stupidest post I have ever seen from you. Maybe it's time you put the booze down.

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Close the vote for theeee worst post of 2015 - utter roaster ! And always has been - stick to your lower England league betting idiot !

bigstu
I disagree, I like Lewis & think he is consistent, rarely lets us down.

Heisenberg
He was guff today

God Petrie
03-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Oh dear Sergey

Thecat23
BT gave him MOTM. Personally have him in my starting line up each week.

Well played Lewis!

Billy Whizz
I've never been his biggest fan - but after seeing him against Rangers, he did little to appease my angst.

Today he was utter dross. Half a dozen times he worked his way to the bye-line only to aimlessly hoof a ball into the box - not to mention the time he skewed a cross into the away fans.

This lad simply isn't good enough and I'll happily drive him to Arbroath or wherever his next club is.

If any posters seriously think that Lewis Stevenson has the ability to play week-in, week-out then they should seriously change sports.

Stevenson was a pivotal part of the side that saw us relegated. He hasn't improved a jot and how he still commands a regular starting berth simply beggars belief.

Get rid. He offers nowt.

BTW - Decent performance today by all others taking part and with better delivery from the left flank we could have pissed this match.

Sergey, stick to betting tips please

Hiber-nation
03-01-2015, 07:11 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Complete and utter bollox.

grunt
I think perhaps that Sergey has nothing to do for a few hours and wants to wind some fans up.

The_Exile
He wasted a good number of attacking opportunities today, but I wouldn't get rid of him. Although having said that, the gulf in quality between our right and left flanks is huge.

lEXO
03-01-2015, 07:12 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Bollocks.

Iain G
03-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Must have missed the fab cross for the header Cummings put just wide then?! Worked his socks off today, again!!

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2015, 07:13 PM
I was never his biggest fan, but he's won me over, over the course of the last few seasons. Granted today was not his best performance going forward, but he defended as good as he normally does.

Lee Marvin
03-01-2015, 07:13 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Abominable post.

BT gave him motm. Idiot.

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 07:14 PM
I think perhaps that Sergey has nothing to do for a few hours and wants to wind some fans up.

Wears his so called 'kickback title' well - knows a footballer as well as he knows a club about to liquidate !

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 07:15 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

For an intelligent man you dinnae half talk pash sometimes. Lewis was excellent against Rangers and though today was not one of his better performances, he still managed to get man of the match from BT Sport.

In your last rant against Lewis you criticised him for passing the ball back the way and then had the cheek to criticise him for doing that very thing in one instance against Rangers. You'll recall it no doubt as Lewis was on the bye line and hit a superb pass to the unmarked Danny Handling who was unlucky not to score.

It's obvious you rarely see Lewis in the flesh

HH81
He was better today than your last betting tip :-)

Lewis is a fine player and did nothing wrong today. He got MOTM too.

God Petrie

i agree and the epitome of the issues this website has if it wants to be taken seriously amongst the actual "card carrying" support.

hibs0666
03-01-2015, 07:16 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Hope you didn't spend too much time typing that.

stoneyburn hibs
03-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Lewis put in a good shift as usual, his crossing did let him down but bear in mind it's Hibs that he plays for. Sure we would all like Filipe Luis or a Gael Clichy at left back but that's not going to happen. Reality check.

SneakersO'Toole
03-01-2015, 07:17 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

I would bet any money you want all the coaching staff at Hibs with their game analysis technology would disagree with this opinion.

Genuinely, your post is a horribly out of touch and ill-informed post its not even funny.

Hiber-nation
03-01-2015, 07:18 PM
He was better today than your last betting tip :-)

You're not wrong there!

DH1875
03-01-2015, 07:19 PM
:fishin::fishin::fishin:

Me thinks that someone is at the wind up.

Boy has done OK so far this season and while I dont agree with his MOTM award today, he was far from our worst performer today.

lucky
03-01-2015, 07:20 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Generally you post some decent stuff but I'm assuming you've been on the drink all day to post crap like this. As for the insult to other Hibs fans who rate him and see him week in week out you've came across as a welt. Stay away from your PC

Scottie
03-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Get a grip Sergey.

You are a Yam in disguise :agree:

leggeto
03-01-2015, 07:21 PM
He played well today like everyone else

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 07:23 PM
:fishin::fishin::fishin:

Me thinks that someone is at the wind up.

Boy has done OK so far this season and while I dont agree with his MOTM award today, he was far from our worst performer today.

Absolute stinker of a post if a wind up - definite 'Hearts class' - mind I always have doubted his credentials if I'm frank. Hibs and Lewis played Hearts off the park today. Lewis is and has been a stalwart for Hibs last 4 seasons, never let his head drop, always played with heart and spirit, always played with verve and energy - he is Hibs to me - class on and off the park. Sergey - he's a two bit pundit with Hertz leanings !

bingo70
03-01-2015, 07:23 PM
I was never his biggest fan, but he's won me over, over the course of the last few seasons. Granted today was not his best performance going forward, but he defended as good as he normally does.

I'm the same, I was never his biggest fan as a midfielder but I think this position in this formation suits him down to a tee.

I don't think today was one of his better performances to be fair so I was surprised at his motm award but imo Sergeys post is extremely harsh.

MontrealHibs
03-01-2015, 07:27 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

You are a . He was very good today!

B.H.F.C
03-01-2015, 07:28 PM
His final ball was a big factor in us not winning. Particularly second half. He had the ball within 12 yards of goal and did nothing a couple of times. When we did manage to work it in to a good area he fluffed it time and again.

Defensively absolutely sound. But we needed some quality in the final third and he failed to deliver on multiple occasions today.

Someone will point out that Cummings should have scored from his cross. That's right. But one out of twelve ain't bad. Booth showed more quality on his weak side today.

leggeto
That is, without a doubt, the stupidest post I have ever seen from you. Maybe it's time you put the booze down.

Bit attention seeking I think,starting a thread with that post

Chibs

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Complete and utter drivel from a poster I used to respect.

Golden Bear

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Sober up man. There are some posters who might even think that you're being serious.

Stuarty27
03-01-2015, 07:29 PM
His final ball was a big factor in us not winning. Particularly second half. He had the ball within 12 yards of goal and did nothing a couple of times. When we did manage to work it in to a good area he fluffed it time and again.

Defensively absolutely sound. But we needed some quality in the final third and he failed to deliver on multiple occasions today.

Someone will point out that Cummings should have scored from his cross. That's right. But one out of twelve ain't bad. Booth showed more quality on his weak side today.

Spot on....

Sums up the game for me.

.Sean.
03-01-2015, 07:30 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Pish, wind and more pish and wind.

Pete
03-01-2015, 07:30 PM
His final ball can be frustrating but the OP is a step too far. To say the least.

I take it a few fine wines or real ales were sampled this afternoon?

SneakersO'Toole
03-01-2015, 07:31 PM
People who are questioning Lewis's delivery maybe need to look at Scott Allan's first, which was worse today IMO.

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 07:32 PM
People who are questioning Lewis's delivery maybe need to look at Scott Allan's first, which was worse today IMO.

Careful sneakers, ye cannae criticise SA :greengrin (I agree by the way)

bingo70
03-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Careful sneakers, ye cannae criticise SA :greengrin (I agree by the way)

Tbf you can't really criticise Scott Allans delivery when his deliveries have created our last 5 goals in 2 games (he did create all 4 last week eh?)

leggeto
03-01-2015, 07:35 PM

Every freekick floated into the keepers hands,yet lewis is the baddie for a few dodgy crosses, both played well

emerald green
03-01-2015, 07:36 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

This post is so off the wall as to be hardly worthy of comment but I couldn't resist!

The only word that rings true is the one I've highlighted, and it maybe applied to you when you posted this dross. Go and have a coffee mate.

The_Exile

Agree with this, apart from the assist I don't think he found a green shirt very often today.

green day

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Did your Lith source tell you this pish too?

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Did your Lith source tell you this pish too?

Is he not under house arrest or out with Roman spending the Belarus billions - the boy talks Lilian Gish !

BT58
03-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Yon fishing rod that Sergey got at xmas has caught a few out ....his tips have aided myself and others in which im trully thankful

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Tbf you can't really criticise Scott Allans delivery when his deliveries have created our last 5 goals in 2 games (he did create all 4 last week eh?)

But we're talking about this week bingo. That's what Lewis is being criticised for. On that basis, Allan's crossing today was woeful, with one notable exception

Lee Marvin
03-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Yon fishing rod that Sergey got at xmas has caught a few out ....his tips have aided myself and others in which im trully thankful

I dont believe he is fishing. And btw, if he is, he is a sad sad man.

bingo70
03-01-2015, 07:42 PM
But we're talking about this week bingo. That's what Lewis is being criticised for. On that basis, Allan's crossing today was woeful, with one notable exception

Once Stevenson starts creating the amount of goals Allan does he'll get cut the same slack.

Sorry if that sounds harsh on Stevenson (who I've already praised on thus thread btw) but that's the real world.

Billy Whizz
03-01-2015, 07:43 PM

I'm frightened to agree in case I'm shot down again

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Once Stevenson starts creating the amount of goals Allan does he'll get cut the same slack.

Sorry if that sounds harsh on Stevenson (who I've already praised on thus thread btw) but that's the real world.

You've missed my point bingo. Against Hearts, Scott Allan crossing was as bad a Stevenson's. I totally agree Scott has created loads of goals, it's his job after all and he does it well.

Hiber-nation
03-01-2015, 07:45 PM

True J but let's not get into a Stevenson V Allan crossing contest. The rest of Allan's play was superb.

No, whatever the OP was drinking there's no excuse, worst thread of this year, or any other for that matter.

hibeelady
03-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Sad sad post, wee lewis gave 100% today as always

AlbertK86
03-01-2015, 07:46 PM
I haven't been Lewis biggest fan over the years

bigwheel
03-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Absolutely nonsense post - shouldn't have even bothered replying ..... As of now , I will remember to ignore any football opinions you offer ...

HH81
03-01-2015, 07:47 PM
Look on the brightside the worst thread of 2015 has already been won.

Scouse Hibee
03-01-2015, 07:52 PM
I love a wind up thread, well done Sergey you've hooked a few with this one.

AlbertK86
03-01-2015, 07:53 PM
I haven't been a great fan of Lewis over the last few years but this season he has defended better and got forward very well.

Today he should have shot on three occasions but bottled it and cut it back accross goal to no avail

Reckon he would have scored at least one if he had shot

Down to confidence in shooting ability I reckon

Compare it to David frays desire to shoot last week

Frustrated the hell out of me and wish he would stop turning back on himself

However he is committed as you get and if he would just be a bit more positive in the final third he would be the top man most weeks

Godsahibby
03-01-2015, 07:54 PM
I like Lewis and everything he has given for this club but we need a proper left back at the club, especially if we are going to continue to play with a narrow midfield and rely on the full backs for width. We need someone on the left that gives as much as Gray offers on the right. Lewis just isnt that player. I agree he put in a couple of good crosses but thats not enough for the chances he had out there. Wasted a lot of great opportunities to get the ball in or try and take on the full back.

As I said I like the guy but we need a proper full back.

Sammy7nil
03-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Sergey, stick to betting tips please

Sergey's Nap of 2015 already beat perhaps it is not gonna be a good year for Serg :confused:

Argylehibby
03-01-2015, 07:56 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

About as accurate as your series of posts on the demise of Hearts. Strike that, less accurate.

Lee Marvin
03-01-2015, 07:57 PM
I like Lewis and everything he has given for this club but we need a proper left back at the club, especially if we are going to continue to play with a narrow midfield and rely on the full backs for width. We need someone on the left that gives as much as Gray offers on the right. Lewis just isnt that player. I agree he put in a couple of good crosses but thats not enough for the chances he had out there. Wasted a lot of great opportunities to get the ball in or try and take on the full back.

As I said I like the guy but we need a proper full back.

Ashley Cole?

The Green Goblin
03-01-2015, 07:58 PM

What exactly is the point of posting a thread like this? None. A silly rant at one of our own. No need for it whatsoever.

jacomo
03-01-2015, 08:01 PM
He was guff today

Even if he was...

Bronson
03-01-2015, 08:01 PM
I am a fan of Lewis Stevenson, but his final ball is consistently f***ing shocking. Seriously needs worked on.

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 08:03 PM
I am a fan of Lewis Stevenson, but his final ball is consistently f***ing shocking. Seriously needs worked on.

How many today Bronson ? Intrigued as I counted how many times Lewy genuinely lost possession - way way fewer than Scotty Allan for example, who equally had a great Derby game !

03-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Not one of his better games today but still didn't think he was dreadful. I like Lewis, a player that gives 110% every game and fights for everything. Over the years he has been a scapegoat and received a lot of very unfair criticism. Last season we had a team full of gutless no marks who looked liked they couldn't give a **** about the club, Lewis on the other hand was one of the very few in there that actually gave everything and cared about the club.

I know trying hard doesn't necessarily make you a good player, but I think Lewis is a decent player for us. Gets himself forward and makes the runs.

Chibs
03-01-2015, 08:08 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

STV 9.30 PM enjoy

Jay
03-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Attention seeking nonsense of a post

BT58
03-01-2015, 08:10 PM
The Hertz were there for the taking!!!!
To be in at 1-1 at ht was a joke,not my words,but a yam pal !!!
But thats the sad story ( not learnt from ER). This yam team are peesh..just a pity were miles behind in the league that is( oops )

Expecting Rain
03-01-2015, 08:11 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

A brutal but honest and accurate assessment!

Bronson
How many today Bronson ? Intrigued as I counted how many times Lewy genuinely lost possession - way way fewer than Scotty Allan for example, who equally had a great Derby game !

Scott Allan's delivery today was poor (bar one piece of magic), but he is usually terrific with his final ball, more of an off-day for him.

Stevenson wasted numerous opportunities to play a good killer ball and chances went a begging. One in particular in the second half it fell nicely for him and he really should have had a shot but crossed it and didn't beat the first man. To be fair, Lewis put in a great cross for Cummings first half but overall his distribution is very poor. Often he doesn't beat the first man, and that's on a weekly basis, that's just not good enough.

Like I say, I am a fan of the lad, and I think he gets a lot of unfair stick, but final ball is a serious issue for him IMO.

stoneyburn hibs

A wind up thread? Pish attempt if so.
Sometimes people can try to be too clever, this is the case here.

staunchhibby
03-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Think before opening your mouth and spouting garbage Sergey.Beginning to think you are a teletext hibee:confused:

judas
03-01-2015, 08:13 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Some terrible deliveries today, I agree with that bit.

Baader
03-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Best stick to posting boll**ks about the manky Gorgie mob.

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 08:16 PM
A brutal but honest and accurate assessment!

Correct until you added words after 'A....'

Expecting Rain
03-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Correct until you added words after 'A....'
You seem to be an expert on everything connected with Hibs.

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Scott Allan's delivery today was poor (bar one piece of magic), but he is usually terrific with his final ball, more of an off-day for him.

Stevenson wasted numerous opportunities to play a good killer ball and chances went a begging. One in particular in the second half it fell nicely for him and he really should have had a shot but crossed it and didn't beat the first man. To be fair, Lewis put in a great cross for Cummings first half but overall his distribution is very poor. Often he doesn't beat the first man, and that's on a weekly basis, that's just not good enough.

Like I say, I am a fan of the lad, and I think he gets a lot of unfair stick, but final ball is a serious issue for him IMO.

One aspect of his play I agree on (with you) is the attacking final ball - but as a footballer, can you imagine playing under CC, Fenlon and Butcher (and to be frank lewy's best attacking came under Butcher) - the lad is, in my humble opinion, one of the best technical footballers at the club, comfy receiving a ball at pace, wide, into feet, under pressure - watch his play closely - Lewis Stevenson is the most underrated Hibs players in decades in my opinion - thing is, he's still here despite the revolving door - that for me says a lot about the lad as well as the player - as you can tell, I love the wee man 'cos he gives what I want to see - passion, heart and honesty - that often wins games of football if you blend with other talents !

SneakersO'Toole
03-01-2015, 08:22 PM

More than you certainly.

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 08:22 PM

Nope, expert at spotting **** posts !

Expecting Rain
03-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Nope, expert at spotting **** posts !

Are you sure about that.

HoboHarry
03-01-2015, 08:31 PM
This thread is awful and needs to be closed.

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 08:32 PM
This thread is awful and needs to be closed.

Please do before Henry and Sergey have a wee Hearts love in !

tamig
03-01-2015, 08:33 PM

Get rid. He offers nowt.

Garbage. One of our most consistent performers yet again this season. Today wasn't his best but who put the ball on JC's head that should have made it 2-0?

Expecting Rain
03-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Please do before Henry and Sergey have a wee Hearts love in !

The only true Hibernian.