PDA

View Full Version : Cummings

Billy Whizz
03-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Just watched his after match interview in BT Sport. He really doesn't like the Gunts

Pretty Boy
03-01-2015, 06:58 PM
No wonder. They treated him shockingly.

Seems to have enjoyed his goal today. He's all Hibs now.

Billy Whizz
03-01-2015, 07:04 PM
No wonder. They treated him shockingly.

Seems to have enjoyed his goal today. He's all Hibs now.

His dad and his 2 brothers were in the Hearts end today, wonder if they cheered his goal

stoneyburn hibs
03-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Definitely one of our own now.

Stuarty27
03-01-2015, 07:09 PM
His dad and his 2 brothers were in the Hearts end today, wonder if they cheered his goal

You sure?

I thot I saw them in the Hibs end wearing Hibs scarfs!?

Scottie
03-01-2015, 07:26 PM
He can talk as much pish as he wants in interviews as long as keeps trying and producing the goods on the pitch.

Great goal today Jason :aok:

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 07:31 PM
He can talk as much pish as he wants in interviews as long as keeps trying and producing the goods on the pitch.

Great goal today Jason :aok:

:agree: Level on goals with big Dom now and I'm pretty sure Jason has more than Miller and Boyd combined

SneakersO'Toole
03-01-2015, 07:32 PM
:agree: Level on goals with big Dom now and I'm pretty sure Jason has more than Miller and Boyd combined

For his age he has had a good goals return this season so far and will only get better IMO.

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 07:34 PM
For his age he has had a good goals return this season so far and will only get better IMO.

Again, I :agree:

bingo70
03-01-2015, 07:37 PM
What did he say in his interview?

Got to admit I'm not the guys biggest fan, surprised to hear he's scored so many. Imo he's still a squad player that should be trying to break into the first team, not convinced we should be relying on him at this stage in his career.

ancient hibee
03-01-2015, 07:43 PM

Got to admit I'm not the guys biggest fan, surprised to hear he's scored so many. Imo he's still a squad player that should be trying to break into the first team, not convinced we should be relying on him at this stage in his career.

#
What do you mean you're surprised to hear he's scored so many?Don't you follow the Hibs?If you're joint top scorer you should be trying to break into the team?What else do you suggest he does?Save a few penalties?

Stuarty27
03-01-2015, 07:46 PM
17 Starts and 9 Goals...

No bad ratio for a 19 year old...

whiskyhibby
03-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Just watched his after match interview in BT Sport. He really doesn't like the Gunts

His recent Twitter backs that up......

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 07:48 PM

Didn't hear it either bingo but I believe it was along the lines of "I've waited a while to do that, after the way they treated me" Obviously miffed at how Hearts treated him

emerald green
03-01-2015, 07:49 PM

You sure?

I thot I saw them in the Hibs end wearing Hibs scarfs!?

Maybe they changed ends at half time. :greengrin

Anyway, can you imagine that happening these days?

HONG KONG PHOOEY
03-01-2015, 07:50 PM
His recent Twitter backs that up......

His tweet is very honest. And so it should be they dumped him and he is a decent player

hibsbollah
03-01-2015, 07:51 PM

Malongas got eleven now I think?

Seveno
03-01-2015, 07:52 PM
If he can learn to control the ball first time when it comes to him, he will become an outstanding player.

green day
03-01-2015, 07:53 PM
17 Starts and 9 Goals...

Yep, these stats for any striker would be excellent. Read some betting today that Keating's was odds on to be league top scorer........

IMO DM is a stick on, he will score for fun especially when Farid is back.

Billy Whizz
03-01-2015, 07:54 PM
17 Starts and 9 Goals...

And he's only going to get better and better

J-C
03-01-2015, 07:55 PM

I know his dad well, gave him his first start in the taxi's when he was 22, nice bloke too. They're all Jambo's the whole family, Jason too but it was the way he was treated by the club and their supporters which made him gesture, Hibs have done good by him and shown their confidence in him which is why he's loving his football at the moment.

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Malongas got eleven now I think?

BBC site only shows league goals I think? You're right about Dom though :agree:

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 07:57 PM
17 Starts and 9 Goals...

Stubbs for me takes credit as well - harnessed the rawness and 'gadgey gene' and Jason has embraced it, worked hard and deserves the plaudits - wee touch of Leigh, sprinkling of Fat Robbo and the geniality of McCoist in him - love the wee felly, hope he gets us promoted and earns a right good living out the game if he stays grounded.

Hibs Class
It was a real shame he missed the header at 1-0. I'd a feeling we may come to rue that and so it was. Wouldn't have been surprised to see him sent off either, felt his booking at the goal was a joke but he sailed close to the wind a couple of times after that. But he's a real talent, no doubt.

Stuarty27
Malonga has scored 11 goals in 15 starts...

hibsbollah
03-01-2015, 08:02 PM
BBC site only shows league goals I think? You're right about Dom though :agree:

Yep, I checked, Malongas got 9 in the league and 2 in the league cup against Ross County, we're both right:greengrin

James70
03-01-2015, 08:04 PM
It would be great if Cummings could become Hibs version of John Robertson, ie being rejected by the club he grew up with, signing for their rivals and scoring regularly against his boyhood heroes.

Jonnyboy
03-01-2015, 08:05 PM
Yep, I checked, Malongas got 9 in the league and 2 in the league cup against Ross County, we're both right:greengrin

:greengrin

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 08:14 PM
What I love about Cummings is he's a striker we've not had since the likes of Stevie Cowan and Paul Wright - strikers who are busy and just know where to be to tuck it away.

Couldn't care less about Jason's past, he's Hibs' future and I'm glad we got him - cracking player, love his bravado as its backed up with hard cash goals !

Greenblood70
03-01-2015, 08:24 PM
I like Cummings, he seems to divide opinion but he has th raw materials to be a decent player. He really needs to work on his fitness, movement and game awareness tho, it will come in time and he'll improve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bingo70
03-01-2015, 08:26 PM
#
What do you mean you're surprised to hear he's scored so many?Don't you follow the Hibs?If you're joint top scorer you should be trying to break into the team?What else do you suggest he does?Save a few penalties?

I mean I don't follow hibs with a notebook keeping a running total of who's scored what. When I watch hibs he doesn't generally impress me much so I was surprised to hear his scoring record is as good as it is.

I thought what I said was obvious tbh.

Hannah_hfc
03-01-2015, 08:29 PM
I recall an interview with him before the last derby at Easter Road where he said something along the lines of scoring against Hearts would be a sweet moment for him after how they treated him.

Good goal for him today, had a bit of a quiet spell goals- wise a few months back but seems have found his feet again!

Billy Whizz
03-01-2015, 08:29 PM
I like Cummings, he seems to divide opinion but he has th raw materials to be a decent player. He really needs to work on his fitness, movement and game awareness tho, it will come in time and he'll improve.

I'm glad you like him, just can't understand why a 19 year old with his scoring record decides opinion. He's only been a full time professional for a year and a half

jdships
03-01-2015, 08:30 PM
If he can learn to control the ball first time when it comes to him, he will become an outstanding player.

Spot on IMHO !
That is the one part of his game has let him down a bit since he came into the first XI
On the plus side watching him against Huns and Jambo's on TV he is now reading a game much better and his positioning in and around the
" box" has improved no end !!

certainly looking as though his " potential" will be realised :thumbsup:

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Spot on IMHO !
That is the one part of his game has let him down a bit since he came into the first XI
On the plus side watching him against Huns and Jambo's on TV he is now reading a game much better and his positioning in and around the
" box" has improved no end !!

certainly looking as though his " potential" will be realised :thumbsup:

Agree - last season Jason would have been 'outside the box', his last three goals have been dare I say 'Robboesque' in that he's been where it matters. For me it comes from coaching and Stubbs alluded to it after the Alloa game citing 'it'll happen' for Jason.

Greenblood70
03-01-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm glad you like him, just can't understand why a 19 year old with his scoring record decides opinion. He's only been a full time professional for a year and a half

I'm not entirely sure either, i agree he 's very raw and has made a spectacular rise thru the ranks after a serious injury.

Weststandwanab
03-01-2015, 08:43 PM

Join the club and welcome.

And about £30k a week better value for money.

He is 19 !

17 Starts and 9 Goals...

Indeed.

I think he may still be 19.

It was a real shame he missed the header at 1-0. I'd a feeling we may come to rue that and so it was. Wouldn't have been surprised to see him sent off either, felt his booking at the goal was a joke but he sailed close to the wind a couple of times after that. But he's a real talent, no doubt.

In the words of Paul Hardcastle http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQ3ywwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhRJ FvtvTGEk&ei=m1OoVI3uA8q7UZKrgNgB&usg=AFQjCNG_0lqawGn4osP-ptGzfVt3yXKICw&bvm=bv.82001339,d.d24

It would be great if Cummings could become Hibs version of John Robertson, ie being rejected by the club he grew up with, signing for their rivals and scoring regularly against his boyhood heroes.

Oh yes please as a Hibby Robertson that would mean a lot to me.

Kaff
03-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Stubbs for me takes credit as well - harnessed the rawness and 'gadgey gene' and Jason has embraced it, worked hard and deserves the plaudits - wee touch of Leigh, sprinkling of Fat Robbo and the geniality of McCoist in him - love the wee felly, hope he gets us promoted and earns a right good living out the game if he stays grounded.

I've compared him to Robbo in his style, head down and always looking for a shot. Looks to be improving as the season progresses and of course his 'greediness' can be frustrating but as he does improve then i'm sure that will be less of a problem. Love his gadginess!

truehibernian
03-01-2015, 09:02 PM
I've compared him to Robbo in his style, head down and always looking for a shot. Looks to be improving as the season progresses and of course his 'greediness' can be frustrating but as he does improve then i'm sure that will be less of a problem. Love his gadginess!

Good stuff - wasn't a criticism the phrase 'gadgey' more a term of endearment - love JC !

Kaff
03-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Good stuff - wasn't a criticism the phrase 'gadgey' more a term of endearment - love JC !

Didnt think you were criticising him, players need an edge!

erin go bragh
03-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Yep, these stats for any striker would be excellent. Read some betting today that Keating's was odds on to be league top scorer........

IMO DM is a stick on, he will score for fun especially when Farid is back.

DM is away for at least a month . Cummings will score more imo .

Ggtth

Alfred E Newman
03-01-2015, 09:12 PM

Early last season I watched him play against Peebles Rovers in the East of Scotland League. I think he has done remarkably well in a short space of time and like you I can't understand the criticism.

hibbymick
03-01-2015, 09:13 PM
It will be interesting to see who gets dropped when gooey comes back.

03-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Cummings is a very promising young player and is clearly very confident. Confidence is great but just has to make sure he doesn't cross the line into over cocky and keeps his feet well and truly on the ground. Look at the likes of Ross Caldwell, got a bit too big for his boots and after his goal at tynie he seemed to believe he had made it, resulting in his career at hibs not being as successful as we thought it would be.

If Jason keeps his head down, keeps the right attitude and works hard he could be a very good player for us for years to come.

Weststandwanab
03-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Cummings is a very promising young player and is clearly very confident. Confidence is great but just has to make sure he doesn't cross the line into over cocky and keeps his feet well and truly on the ground. Look at the likes of Ross Caldwell, got a bit too big for his boots and after his goal at tynie he seemed to believe he had made it, resulting in his career at hibs not being as successful as we thought it would be.

If Jason keeps his head down, keeps the right attitude and works hard he could be a very good player for us for years to come.

That is a fair point but, despite the obvious size difference, Caldwell could no lace Jason's boots.

sleeping giant
03-01-2015, 09:42 PM
#

:faf:

ekhibee
03-01-2015, 10:33 PM

I agree with this. He's definitely got ability, and might well improve as a player. He's scored a few goals now, and the more he scores, the more confident he'll become in my opinion. At the same time I do sometimes get the impression he's either a bit lazy or not that fast as far as taking up good positions is concerned, but that's a minor point really, the experience he gets will help him improve his awareness.

Oscar T Grouch
03-01-2015, 10:49 PM
He's fast becoming one of my favourite players. He's cocky but I think he's got the talent to back that up. I think Stubbs will develop him into a top class striker. Makes the wrong decision at times but this is getting less frequent as the season progresses, his positioning has improved immensely even since the start of the season. I genuinely believe he will be sold in a few years time for a tidy sum of cash and go into a better league down south.

Unseen work
03-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Think he should try the simple thing more often, find he quite often runs into about 3 or 4 players. Think he's better when he passed and moves

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-01-2015, 12:21 AM
He has every right to be pissed of with these. Treated abysmally.

Now he knows, he can make sure he sticks it up them at every opportunity.

lord bunberry
04-01-2015, 01:24 AM

And when he retires we could build an extremely shoddy extension onto the west stand that needs to heated by calor gas. To remember him by

Matty_Jack04
04-01-2015, 08:16 AM
He's fast becoming one of my favourite players. He's cocky but I think he's got the talent to back that up. I think Stubbs will develop him into a top class striker. Makes the wrong decision at times but this is getting less frequent as the season progresses, his positioning has improved immensely even since the start of the season. I genuinely believe he will be sold in a few years time for a tidy sum of cash and go into a better league down south.

He's proving me wrong as I thought he was being massively over hyped but can't argue with his goal return for a young player especially after spending the early parts of the season on the bench, one critism would be I'd like him to look for a teammate now and then instead of smashing it from 20yards, very early in the game yesterday he got the ball on the edge of the box after an error by the yams and could have slid malonga in who was in a great position but he just got the head down and smashed it, probably nit picking on my part but it would make him a better player if he had the head up before, his movement for the goal and his header which just missed was great if we can supply better balls into the box he'll score loads, keep it up Jason.

brog
04-01-2015, 08:25 AM

Spot on Billy. I was up for the game against Partick 13 months ago & Jason came on as a sub. First time he got the ball, just over, the halfway line, he ran at the defence & got a shot away which was blocked. It was the first time in the game a Hibs player had taken on the opposition & his confidence & bravery were an example to the older players. He actually reminded me very much of the first time I saw Colin Stein. Very raw, but fearless & always looking for the goal. He'll be a star for Hibs!

04-01-2015, 09:13 AM
That is a fair point but, despite the obvious size difference, Caldwell could no lace Jason's boots.

Totally agree, I just used him as an example of how sometimes if young players get too carried away with themselves and have the wrong attitude it can be pretty damaging.

04-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Think he should try the simple thing more often, find he quite often runs into about 3 or 4 players. Think he's better when he passed and moves

I've said the same thing before, but he's still a young lad learning the game, as he becomes a more mature footballer he will learn that. Often found that young players can be greedy with the ball as they try to win as more glory for themselves.

scoopyboy
04-01-2015, 09:28 AM

Malonga has eight in the league and three in the league cup, two against Ross County and one against Dundee Utd.

Jason has eight in the league and one in the league cup, against Dundee Utd.

ColintonHibs
04-01-2015, 09:35 AM
I agree with this. He's definitely got ability, and might well improve as a player. He's scored a few goals now, and the more he scores, the more confident he'll become in my opinion. At the same time I do sometimes get the impression he's either a bit lazy or not that fast as far as taking up good positions is concerned, but that's a minor point really, the experience he gets will help him improve his awareness.

Thought his positioning for his goals against rangers and hearts was fantastic. Alot of players wouldnt have got to the cross today the goal was harder than it looked

Winston Ingram
04-01-2015, 10:40 AM
And he's only going to get better and better

This. People seem to forget he's 19 and it's his 1st full season as a regular. Needs to work on his right foot but I think he's got real chance

portycabbage
04-01-2015, 10:52 AM
This. People seem to forget he's 19 and it's his 1st full season as a regular. Needs to work on his right foot but I think he's got real chance

Never did Steven Fletcher any harm!:greengrin:wink:

Billychaotic182
04-01-2015, 11:12 AM
He tweeted this last night

@Jasoncummings35: Thanks to Hearts for letting me go as a young boy, been waiting on that goal for a long time 👍

lucky
04-01-2015, 11:15 AM
He's progressing as player but he's only 19. His first touch can be poor and sometimes he's a bit greedy and naive with his play. But clearly there is talent there. But as a support we need to a bit more patient with him as he's still developing. But a centre forward that scores goals within the six yard box are players that are always in demand

hibsbollah
04-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Malonga has eight in the league and three in the league cup, two against Ross County and one against Dundee Utd.

Jason has eight in the league and one in the league cup, against Dundee Utd.

:aok:

DanTheMan
04-01-2015, 11:26 AM
Anyone got a link to his interview?

ronaldo7
04-01-2015, 12:39 PM

:agree:Most young lads have things in their game to work on, I love his attitude and work rate, and as long as he's banging them in against the Poppy thieves then he'll do for me.

Well done Jason. Keep them coming son.

Alex Trager
04-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Anyone got a link to his interview?

This is what I am interested in

proud_and_green
04-01-2015, 01:43 PM

I wonder what a decent manager might have meant to Caldwell's development. He had the misfortune to have played under 3 of the worst Managers we have had....?

Dinkydoo
04-01-2015, 01:52 PM
I wonder what a decent manager might have meant to Caldwell's development. He had the misfortune to have played under 3 of the worst Managers we have had....?
Bit harsh on Fenlon. He coached Griffiths well

proud_and_green
04-01-2015, 02:28 PM
Bit harsh on Fenlon. He coached Griffiths well

I liked Pat, but his teams did not do well so I conclude that he could not be that great a coach if he could not get the best out of his players. But if we ignore Pat and just look at Butcher then there is a very strong case for saying that Caldwell probably did not get the coaching or management he should have and therefore probably has not been able to achieve what he should have. Mismanaged and a lost opportunity.

Diclonius
04-01-2015, 02:38 PM
What happened to Cummings at Hearts?

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-01-2015, 02:40 PM
I liked Pat, but his teams did not do well so I conclude that he could not be that great a coach if he could not get the best out of his players. But if we ignore Pat and just look at Butcher then there is a very strong case for saying that Caldwell probably did not get the coaching or management he should have and therefore probably has not been able to achieve what he should have. Mismanaged and a lost opportunity.

True, however he is also pish this season at St Mirren. Fair enough, he's had another terrible manager but he can't keep blaming others. He's just not very good I don't think

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-01-2015, 02:41 PM
What happened to Cummings at Hearts?

He sustained a bad injury and they punted him instead of looking after him basically

proud_and_green
04-01-2015, 03:06 PM
True, however he is also pish this season at St Mirren. Fair enough, he's had another terrible manager but he can't keep blaming others. He's just not very good I don't think

You reap what you sow, my point is that perhaps had Caldwell had better coaching, management and mentoring earlier then he may have achieved his potential. That is the difference between good and bad development and the reason why a good manager/coach is the most important investment for a club.

Stuarty27
04-01-2015, 03:31 PM
You reap what you sow, my point is that perhaps had Caldwell had better coaching, management and mentoring earlier then he may have achieved his potential. That is the difference between good and bad development and the reason why a good manager/coach is the most important investment for a club.

He is banging them in for St Mirren right enough... :wink:

Seriously no comparison between them both.

Caldwell attitude stinks and he will end up playing for Pollock Juniors soon enough where as Cummings will end up playing at a higher level than Hibs.

proud_and_green
04-01-2015, 04:29 PM
He is banging them in for St Mirren right enough... :wink:

Seriously no comparison between them both.

Caldwell attitude stinks and he will end up playing for Pollock Juniors soon enough where as Cummings will end up playing at a higher level than Hibs.

Maybe so, but you have missed my point, I am not comparing the two because, as you say, there is none to be made....

Caldwell HAD potential, BUT without proper coaching he has failed to achieve that potential, perhaps better management could have dealt with his attitude as well. Players don't suddenly become players, they need to be nurtured and until now there has not been a very nurturing environment at Hibs. Evidence the difference this season in performance of many of last season's underperformers.