PDA

View Full Version : I think hearts will go unbeaten this season

Allan45
03-01-2015, 04:09 PM
I'll get stick for this for sure....
we could have won today, and pleased with our progress.
when Hearts come to ER, they will score the jammiest of goals.

we are the best team in this league, over the past month, even though we lost to Falkirk.

falkirk, QofS, The Rangers, and hearts will be all tough games. I can't see Hearts losing to any of those.
they work hard under pressure, put players on the line, jammy. They have Lady Luck.

to finish 2nd we really need to beat all the Rangers and QofS and the likes of Falkirk in our next game.

we are getting there, Boyle looks good, and will strengthen the squad, Harris off to Dundee is good. Due to the fact that at the first 2 months, we lost games....I'll,put a bet on that Hearts will remain unbeaten this season, why not?

scuttle
03-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Don't think they will , a very average side

HappyAsHellas
03-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Because when they come back to ER we will have our best team out (hopefully) and will give them a doing.

:flag:

Pretty Boy
03-01-2015, 04:14 PM
I couldn't care less.

I'm focussed on Hibs and finishing as high up the league as we can then getting promotion through the play offs.

HibbyAndy
03-01-2015, 04:14 PM
No ****in danger

Stax
03-01-2015, 04:16 PM
I don't.

Allan45
03-01-2015, 04:20 PM
I couldn't care less.

I'm focussed on Hibs and finishing as high up the league as we can then getting promotion through the play offs.
Me too, but it could be worth a bet...:wink:

Allan45
03-01-2015, 04:27 PM
I couldn't care less.

I'm focused on Hibs as much as you, but it could be a good bet....:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2015, 04:30 PM
They might. As I said on the match thread they seem so desperate to do it that they're sitting in for a draw at home. They might well end up drawing a lot more games between now and the end of the season - if Rangers can put a few wins together they'll be on their tails before they know it.

Imagine going unbeaten but not going up.

Bronson
03-01-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm utterly convinced we'll do them at ER in the next derby, with El Alagui and Malonga up front together - I'm soaking already.

HoboHarry
03-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Who cares? Why do we even have a thread on this?

Mibbes Aye
03-01-2015, 04:33 PM
They might. As I said on the match thread they seem so desperate to do it that they're sitting in for a draw at home. They might well end up drawing a lot more games between now and the end of the season - if Rangers can put a few wins together they'll be on their tails before they know it.

Imagine going unbeaten but not going up.

Would be the epitome of bottling it.

And ultimately, it's what they do :agree:

lucky
03-01-2015, 04:33 PM

I wish were an average team 13 points clear in the league. I don't think they will go unbeaten over the whole season but they are a decent championsh team

Allan45
03-01-2015, 04:40 PM
They maybe average, but we can't beat this average team. We have improved for sure, but I don't think they are average IMO.
they are a good team amongst us......

i just hope hope we can win most of our games, don't slip up in the play offs, 1986 was different, this year Hearts have won this league, we can also get promoted through the plat offs....:thumbsup:

scuttle
03-01-2015, 04:47 PM
They maybe average, but we can't beat this average team. We have improved for sure, but I don't think they are average IMO.
they are a good team amongst us......

i just hope hope we can win most of our games, don't slip up in the play offs, 1986 was different, this year Hearts have won this league, we can also get promoted through the plat offs....:thumbsup:

Although we are improving its still a poor league with the worst ever Rangers team and our dithering at the start of the season, Falkirk and Raith no great shakes [I know Falkirk have beaten us twice] and apart from QOS the rest are poor , so its no great league IMO

Allan45
03-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Because I love Hibs, and that's what I think,:wink:

bingo70
03-01-2015, 04:53 PM
I think they're a dreadful side. I've no 8idea how they've avoided defeat against us let alone been so consistent against everyone else.

You've got to hold your hands up and say well done to them but I still can't see how it's happened as imo they're utter gash.

With that in mind I've got to expect them to lose at some point, who knows though their good luck might just continue.

loanheadhibby
03-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Because when they come back to ER we will have our best team out (hopefully) and will give them a doing.

every time rime there is a derby we are going to give them a doing, sadly we never do. They are 19 points ahead of us. Enough said. We are however improving but not quickly enough.

3pm
03-01-2015, 04:54 PM
No!

Heisenberg
03-01-2015, 04:58 PM
We'll beat them at ER

Baader
03-01-2015, 04:59 PM
They'll lose this season

ekhibee
03-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many games has Thompson refereed for them this season?

brog
03-01-2015, 05:38 PM
A pedant writes, they're not unbeaten, they've already lost 3 (cup) games this season by a combined score of 11-1! They lost their 100% (league) home record today & they'll lose in the league, I have no doubt.
Lets not give that lot a modicum of praise.

Del Boy
03-01-2015, 05:45 PM
If they do go unbeaten for the season it shows how poor the league is, they are nothing special atall.

They'll struggle in the premier next season with that team.

emerald green
03-01-2015, 05:46 PM

:agree: I just do not get these threads on a Hibs fans forum praising and "bigging up" HOMFC. Why? What's the point?

I know everyone is entitled to express their opinion. But why this? FWIW I don't think they will go unbeaten this season. God, we would NEVER hear the end of it.

PS: Are there lots of threads on Kickback praising Hibs? I doubt it.

matty_f
03-01-2015, 05:47 PM
A pedant writes, they're not unbeaten, they've already lost 3 (cup) games this season by a combined score of 11-1! They lost their 100% (league) home record today & they'll lose in the league, I have no doubt.
Lets not give that lot a modicum of praise.

Good post. :agree:

If there's any justice we'll beat them at Easter Road. It would be a travesty if they went this season unbeaten against us given how the games have gone.

Gavin1875
03-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Has anyone done the maths and figured out whether or not and how likely it is that Hearts could win the league at Easter Road??

Tin Hat Time

LTYF!!

Turkish Green
03-01-2015, 05:57 PM
I believe Hibs made them look average today. Every time their midfield had the ball there was two Hibs players giving Hassle. Gomis & Prince did not have any time on the ball.

As to the OP, I doubt they will get beat until they have secured promotion. They will best The Huns at Ibrox but on the performance in the last two derbies they are due a good skelping in the next one.

CRAZYHIBBY
03-01-2015, 06:00 PM
They are a good side but we should have beaten them twice this season

emerald green
03-01-2015, 06:04 PM
Has anyone done the maths and figured out whether or not and how likely it is that Hearts could win the league at Easter Road??

Tin Hat Time

LTYF!!

Aye right Gavin. Why on earth would any Hibs supporter even think of something like that?

God Petrie
03-01-2015, 06:11 PM
I think Elvis is alive

Thecat23
03-01-2015, 06:13 PM
I'll happily bet anyone £100 Hearts don't go unbeaten all season. They will lose at home and away.

Islington Hibs
03-01-2015, 06:20 PM
We have now played them three times and if we had won all three no one could have complained. We didn't get the results but we are every bit as good as them in my view, on our day. Perhaps a bit of consistency is missing. They are well organised, in your face and quick to pick up on mistakes but they are not world beaters and created very little. Sure they will win the league but I would be astonished if they do not drop points and lose a few games on the way.

Who cares about them though. For me it was a good performance, again today. We are playing like football team - good possession, passing to the feet and some movement. Genuinely think we would probably be mid table in the Premiership at the moment. Defensively we were strong we made very few mistakes- perhaps could have been a bit harder. We were more creative and got close a good few times. Sure the result is a bit disappointing but we were the better side and in boxing parlance 'won on points.' Our players can take heart and in my view we are shaping up to have our most exciting side for five or six years- upwards and onwards.

Sweet Left Peg
03-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Folk were saying that about Chelski recently. Then they got pumped off Spurs. To go undefeated for an entire season is both extraordinary and worthy of praise, but I won't be losing any sleep over it if they do. Like it or not, Hearts are a year ahead of us in terms of preparing for the Championship. A lot of their kids had a full SPL season to get to know each other's game, knowing full well that if they stayed up it was a massive bonus. They have strengthened, particularly in midfield, made themselves hard to beat and are where they are on merit.

I am extremely pleased that Hibs are playing the type of football we are now, with confidence, belief and a bit of flair and creativity. The Rangers game was the best I had seen them play and the best feeling I had got about Hibs since Mowbray was in charge. I hope this continues even though we drew today. We are on an upward curve and if we can continue to play as we have done recently against teams that will deny us space then I am confident that we can achieve promotion through the playoffs, but lets be honest here, we have been playing catchup for a while.

For what it's worth, I couldn't care less if Hearts go unbeaten for the rest of the season. But if we keep this level of performance up, then I think Hibs might have a chance of doing so.

Big Sexy Dave
03-01-2015, 06:27 PM
I'd happily let that shower go the season unbeaten if it meant we went up with them.

leggeto
03-01-2015, 06:30 PM
They still have to come to easter road,it will end then

Ronniekirk
So we are going to go the whole season without beating them Thats not going to happen imo

Jonnyboy
I don't (care)

Scottie
03-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Their luck and 40 yard hit and hopes will dry up one day very soon. :agree:

Pete
03-01-2015, 06:35 PM
I don't (care)

First thing that entered my head. Sorry.

03-01-2015, 07:18 PM
They aren't a particularly good team at all but they have the ability to grind out results even when they aren't playing well.

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2015, 07:56 PM
We will beat them at ER..

Funnyfeeling their big brothers may just sneak a win on the 16th too

greenlex
03-01-2015, 08:20 PM
They aren't good enough to go unbeaten all season. Its a simple as that.

Nutmegged
03-01-2015, 09:04 PM
Their luck and 40 yard hit and hopes will dry up one day very soon. :agree:

I've been going for about 25 years and thats been the motto all my life

Nutmegged
03-01-2015, 09:06 PM
I'd happily let that shower go the season unbeaten if it meant we went up with them.

Best post yet IMO...I'd have loved to win the League but the dream was to win promotion, if that was via the Play-Offs id be equally ecstatic, I'd happily hand them the title if it meant we'd be up through the play offs

Oscar T Grouch
03-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Thought my iPhone had diverted safari to nopayingthecharitiesback but then I noticed the green skin. They'll get pumped more than once this season that I guarentee, why? Cause they're p!sh, it's that simple.

BH Hibs
03-01-2015, 09:37 PM
**** H****s

Forza Fred
03-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Everything is relative and they are top of the league by a clear margin.

Having said that, I would be most surprised if they did not lose at least two games during the remainder of the season.....possibly to surprise opposition.

I dinnae like them, by the way

Sir David Gray
03-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Any team that goes more than half the season unbeaten is capable of going the whole season unbeaten, particularly when that team enjoys as much good fortune as Hearts.

I'm hopeful that they'll still lose a game or two but I wouldn't be putting money on it.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2015, 10:09 PM

we are the best team in this league, over the past month, even though we lost to Falkirk.

falkirk, QofS, The Rangers, and hearts will be all tough games. I can't see Hearts losing to any of those.
they work hard under pressure, put players on the line, jammy. They have Lady Luck.

to finish 2nd we really need to beat all the Rangers and QofS and the likes of Falkirk in our next game.

we are getting there, Boyle looks good, and will strengthen the squad, Harris off to Dundee is good. Due to the fact that at the first 2 months, we lost games....I'll,put a bet on that Hearts will remain unbeaten this season, why not?

You will get stick and probably rightly so. They will not go unbeaten. I actually think you're at the lash.

Steve20
04-01-2015, 07:51 AM
They still have to come to easter road,it will end then

This gets said before every Derby and most of the time, they don't get beat.

erin go bragh
04-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Couldnt give a flying duck if they lose 1 . I want them to lose at least 7 :)

Ggtth

Ell_Chrisso
04-01-2015, 12:19 PM
What's the odds on them to do it? Il place a bet on it because then it will 100% not happen! 😊

Keith_M
04-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Why do we let Yams come on here and post such obvious wind-ups?

To the OP - go back to Kickback.

Hermit Crab
04-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Why do we let Yams come on here and post such obvious wind-ups?

To the OP - go back to Kickback.

:agree: Give him a free transfer to kickback.

Mr White
04-01-2015, 03:31 PM
The thread title must be a typo. It's meant to read I Think Hearts Will Go On Cheating This Season. He's right, they will.

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2015, 10:31 PM
Here's a prediction:

I think many Hearts fans are going to find it increasingly hard to live with the fact that they won't be beating Hibs very often in the future.

Now that there is none of the financial doping of the last 30 years, and they have a tip of a stadium to replace, with a shaky financial model to boot, statistically, it's hard to see results going their way as happened in the past.

This will start to gnaw at their arrogance.

Deansy
04-01-2015, 11:20 PM
No they won't - they WILL hit a bad-run at some point !

Sir David Gray
04-01-2015, 11:22 PM
No they won't - they WILL hit a bad-run at some point !

I wish it would hurry up and happen then as people have been predicting this since the end of September.

FromTheCapital
05-01-2015, 11:35 PM
I honestly think they are a bang average side who are lucky Hibs took far to long to gel. Had we played from the start of the season like we have played recently, I'd have put my house on us winning the league. I honestly think we'll finish 2nd and get promotion. Focus on Hibs and **** them, luckiest of the lot and I can't wait to get them back at Easter Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-01-2015, 07:31 AM
What a strange thread to start on a Hibs forum.

Oscar T Grouch
06-01-2015, 07:42 AM

Not that strange, if the OP is a yam 😜

Keith_M
06-01-2015, 09:17 AM

Not that strange, if the OP is a yam 

:agree:

PeeJay
06-01-2015, 10:01 AM

... then again, this is also a football forum and they are unbeaten at the moment, so claiming they may well remain unbeaten is not really that far-fetched a notion (well maybe it is :greengrin, but theoretically it is possible) ... I'm not convinced that they can hold out for the entire season myself, that's a tough sequence to complete by any team - wouldn't reflect well on us, if they actually pulled it off ...

R'Albin
06-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Hearts will not go the rest of their league season unbeaten. Any Jambo reading can feel free to quote me on that at the end of the season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-01-2015, 10:31 AM
then again, this is also a football forum and they are unbeaten at the moment, so claiming they may well remain unbeaten is not really that far-fetched a notion (well maybe it is :greengrin, but theoretically it is possible)

They're quick enough to blow their own trumpets, nae need for us to do it for them.

Thecat23
06-01-2015, 11:16 AM
I don't give a flying **** about that mob!

MON THE CABBAGE.

Bad Martini
06-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Three things to remember with this:

1) They are NOT unbeaten "this season" - they have lost.
2) They are highly unlikely to go the rest of this season without losing a single game
3) But, I support Hibs. I dont give a **** if they score another goal, lose every single game and implode like the thieving, cheating, sneaky mutants they are. Actually, I do hope the later occurs again...but beyond that, who gives a ****?

As for giving them praise? Maybe when they repay everyone they ever stole from, apologise for everything they ever cheated and beg for forgiveness for their 141 years of their "existence", maybe THEN we can start to pat them on the back...actually even then, WGAF?

ENDOF

KDY Hibs
24-01-2015, 04:15 PM

Unlucky on your bet, hopefully the first defeat of many for them.

Just Alf
24-01-2015, 04:45 PM
:greengrin

That is all.

Thecat23
24-01-2015, 04:49 PM
I'll happily bet anyone £100 Hearts don't go unbeaten all season. They will lose at home and away.

Hate to say "TOLD YOU SO" 😎

Alex Trager
24-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Hate to say "TOLD YOU SO" [emoji41]

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2015, 04:59 PM

You could be onto something there...

LancsHibs
24-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Thank god that's over!! Find it hard to believe that such an average side has gone unbeaten in the league until now (cups are a different story for them:wink:) First of many I hope and the start of their slump:monkey1:

God Petrie
24-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Think there's issues wi mobile reception around gorgie farm. Hiya.

Jack Hackett
24-01-2015, 05:05 PM
They actually made it through one full game without defeat since the OP was made....don't be giving up your day job Allan :greengrin

jacomo
24-01-2015, 05:54 PM
A minor setback, but Hearts aren't the type of club to blow a championship lead.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2015, 06:00 PM
This is up there with the 'Are Hearts at the start of another 22 in a row' thread posted about 7 minutes before Brian Kerr opened the scoring a Hibs win at Tynecastle.

R'Albin
24-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Hearts will not go the rest of their league season unbeaten. Any Jambo reading can feel free to quote me on that at the end of the season.

Hehe

HoboHarry
24-01-2015, 06:20 PM
CL is a miserable looking barsteward at any time but I'll bet he is a nightmare tonight for his missus..... Arf arf arf....

Pretty Boy
24-01-2015, 06:24 PM
CL is a miserable looking barsteward at any time but I'll bet he is a nightmare tonight for his missus..... Arf arf arf....

His Missus or someone elses?

HoboHarry
24-01-2015, 06:37 PM
On second thoughts anyone, his missus or anyone else who makes the choice to keep his company of an evening, deserves all they get......

Bronson
24-01-2015, 07:39 PM
'Pleasing'

Bostonhibby
24-01-2015, 08:05 PM
A minor setback, but Hearts aren't the type of club to blow a championship lead.
They're a big team right enough so blowing a championship seems unlikely. If it does happen there's always the cup.

hibsbollah
24-01-2015, 08:10 PM
This is up there with the 'Are Hearts at the start of another 22 in a row' thread posted about 7 minutes before Brian Kerr opened the scoring a Hibs win at Tynecastle.

I never saw Brian Kerr do that but I heard about it.

HoboHarry
24-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Other than when scallywags like Albert Kidd come along and pee in their fire..... :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-01-2015, 08:13 PM

Still amazes me that he has pumped anyone, let alone having two girls on the go at once. I'm guessing they were both hard of hearing as his voice could cure insomnia. ******** of a man.

jacomo
24-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Other than when scallywags like Albert Kidd come along and pee in their fire..... :greengrin

:thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
24-01-2015, 08:59 PM
On second thoughts anyone, his missus or anyone else who makes the choice to keep his company of an evening, deserves all they get......

I feel quite sorry for budge now

Sir David Gray
24-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Never been so proud of being a Falkirk Bairn than I am tonight.

Pleasing. :aok:

GIRUY Jambos. :giruy2:

H18Y GW
24-01-2015, 10:11 PM
Not that strange, if the OP is a yam 

Id guess that around 50% of the posters on here have had that Yam tag chucked at them,i said and stick by Sol Bamba was totally pony and that made me a Yam( or **** is my own preference.) in a few rockets eyes.

I think its a crap shout BUT
Id agree its a strange thread:aok:

Allan45
24-01-2015, 10:46 PM
I was proved wrong, oh well....
glad to see Hibs progressing.

truehibernian
24-01-2015, 11:00 PM
Richard Gordon - you apparently said today 'on their day no one can touch them' ?

Alloa, Livingston, Hibs, Celtic, Falkirk........you really do haver some amount of utter utter Lilian Gish on the radio !

Stick to being stuck in a quantum Gothenburg leap eh !

Deansy
24-01-2015, 11:46 PM

Also up there with their 27-games unbeaten run in 1985-86 from December right up until their very last game of THAT season ..............

emerald green
25-01-2015, 11:31 AM
I was proved wrong, oh well....
glad to see Hibs progressing.

You sound a bit disappointed.