PDA

View Full Version : Yams;"we can afford to lose today"

hibsbollah
03-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Has anyone else heard this from yam acquaintances? Apparently because theyre 19 points clear of us this derby doesnt mean that much, and a draw will be a worse result for hibs than hearts.

Getting their excuses in early, I think they expect to get beat.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2015, 10:17 AM
They know this is the biggest test of their unbeaten record hence the unusually subdued build up from them. If they beat us today they will fancy their chances of going unbeaten for the season but that's a huge IF.

They also don't know how this team will react to a set back, who's to say a defeat won't just knock them and bring about a wee slump. 19 points could very quickly become 13 or 11 which, whilst still a big lead, would show how quickly a lead can be nibbled away at.

This is a huge game for both teams and fine well they know it. If we had lost last week they would have been their usual self but they saw how easily we brushed Rangers aside and in spite of themselves they were impressed.

Dunedin Hibs
03-01-2015, 10:22 AM
The HoHuns will get their first defeat today, and long may it continue. **** both 'administration excuses' into the ground within 7 days.

Ronniekirk
03-01-2015, 10:44 AM
Has anyone else heard this from yam acquaintances? Apparently because theyre 19 points clear of us this derby doesnt mean that much, and a draw will be a worse result for hibs than hearts.

its a bit of psychology , but the bit about the draw is probably true it's no use to us For me we need the win today not just to close the gap on them but to show that we can follow up that great result against Sevco with an even better one today .We know and they know that we were unlucky in both the last two games to get beat ,but it keeps happening and we really need to put a halt to thier Dominance .
Predicted if decent conditions we would win well and in some style but to be honest I would settle for a win today no matter how it is achieved

hibsbollah
03-01-2015, 10:50 AM
I find it quite amusing. They are strolling the league but seem to be, to a man and woman, shiiting themselves at the prospect of losing to the Wee Team. Maybe the scars from the implosion of 86 still run deep :dunno:

Nameless
03-01-2015, 11:00 AM
They know this is the biggest test of their unbeaten record hence the unusually subdued build up from them. If they beat us today they will fancy their chances of going unbeaten for the season but that's a huge IF.

They also don't know how this team will react to a set back, who's to say a defeat won't just knock them and bring about a wee slump. 19 points could very quickly become 13 or 11 which, whilst still a big lead, would show how quickly a lead can be nibbled away at.

This is a huge game for both teams and fine well they know it. If we had lost last week they would have been their usual self but they saw how easily we brushed Rangers aside and in spite of themselves they were impressed.

Spot on. I think we have their respect, given what we did to the lesser hearts last week. If we get an early goal it will be interesting to see their reaction....and ours.

Mikey09
03-01-2015, 12:05 PM

Heard it from all the yams I work with.... If they lose it won't matter etc etc.... However, if they win they will backtrack rapid. I can guarantee that!! It's the yam way. :agree:

Weststandwanab
03-01-2015, 12:08 PM
They sure can and I hope they do.

Keith_M
03-01-2015, 12:08 PM
I've heard this already from a couple of them and it's as if they're preparing themselves to cope with an inevitable defeat.

Very strange attitude for a team so far in front of their rivals. I'm convinced some of them saw the way Hibs played last week and are now bricking it.

I just hope Hibs oblige by giving them a tanking ;-)