PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan watch

theonlywayisup
03-01-2015, 08:12 AM
Scott Allan has been a joy to watch this season. IMO I don't think we have had a better creative midfielder since Latapy. As good as Boozy, Miller, Thomson & Brown, though they did it against a better standard of player.

However, it is still early days for him. He is playing against a lower standard of player and his better displays have been in games when he has had space. Today, he is up against a strong midfield pairing and will be a marked man. Will he put in a MOTM display, similar to his the Rangers performance, or will he be marked out of the game?

It would be good to get your thoughts at the end of the game.

Jack
03-01-2015, 08:54 AM
He's going to give them a masterclass in football.

We'll ken whits goin on.

It's sad very few of them will understand it.

hibsbollah
03-01-2015, 09:16 AM
There will be a lot of eyes on Allan today, wondering if the hype is justified. It could be about the other midfielders just as much, in particular Liam Craig needs to show his recent good form is permanent, and he certainly owes us after a few horrible derby performances in the past.

Nelly070
03-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Hopefully recovered from his wee injury

Smartie
03-01-2015, 10:03 AM
He can look forward to some pretty rough treatment today. We need a strong referee.

Nameless
03-01-2015, 10:13 AM
As good as Boozy, Miller, Thomson & Brown, though they did it against a better standard of player.

Miller doesn't deserve to be on that list.

I think Allan will get man marked, and where possible I think hearts will try to crowd him. I think Malonga saying in the press recently that he plays well when Scott does will probably mean we are in for a frustrating day from Malonga too. The bright side of this, though, is the space will hopefully be exploited by Cumming and Craig. With his direct running, I hope Stanton get a run out in the second half, as I think he could pull apart the midfield runners from hearts, and give Allan some breathing space.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Big day for him, he's good enough to shine in a game like this.

God Petrie
03-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Scott Brown was always relatively quiet in derbies. I hope Scott doesn't suffer the same fate.

The_Horde
03-01-2015, 10:43 AM
He wasn't quiet in the last Derby. Him and DM were tremendous.

theonlywayisup
03-01-2015, 02:22 PM
It would be good to get your thoughts at the end of the game.

Well, what was his performance like?

I didn't see the game. Only know that his pass set up the first goal.

Del Boy
03-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Great assist. Played quite well but some poor delivery from set pieces IMO

StarMan10
03-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Well, what was his performance like?

I didn't see the game. Only know that his pass set up the first goal.

His usual self, bossing the midfield. On the end of a fair few robust challenges and had clearly been targeted by hearts. His set piece delivery however was very poor today.

Crammond Hibee
03-01-2015, 02:35 PM
His usual self, bossing the midfield. On the end of a fair few robust challenges and had clearly been targeted by hearts. His set piece delivery however was very poor today.

I agree with all of that but he will have to defend better !

crash
03-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Was fouled repeatedly, got no protection from the ref which just encouraged their tactics, resulting free kicks were wasted due to lack of quality.Two quality crosses,one which resulted in a goal, the other foiled by a great goal saving defensive clearance.

hibsbollah
03-01-2015, 02:48 PM
If id never seen him before today I'd be wondering what all the hype is about. Can do a lot better than that.

bigwheel
03-01-2015, 02:50 PM
If id never seen him before today I'd be wondering what all the hype is about. Can do a lot better than that.

So the movement and pass for our goal wouldn't have made you sit up and take notice ?

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2015, 02:51 PM

Get yourself a hard hat mate!

Pedantic_Hibee
03-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Floated crosses serve no purpose. Ever.

hibsbollah
03-01-2015, 02:56 PM
So the movement and pass for our goal wouldn't have made you sit up and take notice ?

That was the best thing he did. Unfortunately his defensive work and the rest of his deliveries were poor.

Im his biggest fan normally.

03-01-2015, 03:09 PM
They (like rangers) tried to hack him out the game today.

ano hibby
03-01-2015, 03:14 PM
That was the best thing he did. Unfortunately his defensive work and the rest of his deliveries were poor.

Agree I thought he under performed by his own high standards. Made a goal but arguably lost us a goal as he left Gray with 2 men (although maybe Gray was injured by then)
Won't do him any harm to realise won't get it all own way every week.
Hey ho, onwards and upwards.

3pm
03-01-2015, 03:16 PM
He was fine. He wasn't as influential as last week but I was happy enough considering they setup to stop him.

Not vintage but good enough.

Best player in the league by the proverbial country mile.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2015, 03:18 PM
He was fine. He wasn't as influential as last week but I was happy enough considering they setup to stop him.

Not vintage but good enough.

Best player in the league by the proverbial country mile.

Agree with this.

Not his best but the idea his only good contribution was the pass in the lead up to the goal is bizarre. He knocked the ball about well, had a few decent runs and 1 or 2 good balls in behind that turned their defence.

His set pieces were really poor today though.

bigwheel
03-01-2015, 03:29 PM

He sets a high standard....we are disappointed when he doesn't shine like a star....for other players, that sort of 90 mins would be enough...was a bit unlucky with the walker goal...just went a few feet too deep and Walker got some space....