PDA

View Full Version : Boyle/Harris Loan Swap (Confirmed)

Hibeewilly
02-01-2015, 01:07 PM
I'm hearing Martin Boyle on his way to us in a straight swap for Harris

IanM
02-01-2015, 01:18 PM

source? :faf:

wouldn't be surprised if Stubbs does let harris go though.. only so many chances a player can get..

hibs_123
02-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Heard earlier today Boyle is going to hibs . But my source never mentioned anything about Harris going to Dundee

Hibeewilly
02-01-2015, 01:35 PM
source? :faf:

wouldn't be surprised if Stubbs does let harris go though.. only so many chances a player can get..
I'm not going to reveal my source for obvious reasons Ian but its an extremely good one

IanM
02-01-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm not going to reveal my source for obvious reasons Ian but its an extremely good one

haha, I always get my kill at the 'source?' posts - just thought I'd chuck my own one there..

Don't know much about Boyle but if they think he's good enough.... :aok:

Lmc2105
02-01-2015, 01:49 PM
haha, I always get my kill at the 'source?' posts - just thought I'd chuck my own one there..

Don't know much about Boyle but if they think he's good enough.... :aok:

He got on for the second half yesterday for Dundee never really got a hold of the ball to be honest was hard to see what he brought to the team but the second half Dundee didn't really create much. Dundee bought him from the lower leagues scored a lot of goals for Montrose i think, Speaking to my mate from Dundee he said he is quite pacy just never really been given the chance to show what he can do on a regular basis.

scoopyboy
02-01-2015, 01:49 PM

Is it someone who is a private member by chance that has got a bit mixed up?

scoopyboy
02-01-2015, 01:53 PM
He got on for the second half yesterday for Dundee never really got a hold of the ball to be honest was hard to see what he brought to the team but the second half Dundee didn't really create much. Dundee bought him from the lower leagues scored a lot of goals for Montrose i think, Speaking to my mate from Dundee he said he is quite pacy just never really been given the chance to show what he can do on a regular basis.

I hardly think Boyle coming into a Neerday derby as a sub where his team is getting humped is really a time to judge him.

hibs_123
02-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Boyle started as a striker , but has played recent seasons as a winger . Very pacey but end product and decision making not always great .

Lmc2105
02-01-2015, 01:55 PM
I hardly think Boyle coming into a Neerday derby as a sub where his team is getting humped is really a time to judge him.

Hardly judging him, i haven't seen the lad play that much only saying what i seen of him yesterday

Bronson
02-01-2015, 01:55 PM
A quick twitter search of his name has resulted in a few posts, but here's the best bit...

... They think they're swapping him for Scott Allan:faf:

OH MA SIDES:faf::faf::faf:

Weir7
02-01-2015, 02:09 PM

Its just a loan deal for both players

Hibeewilly
02-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Is it someone who is a private member by chance that has got a bit mixed up?
No SB. My info is from somebody with no Hibs connections whatsoever

McIntosh
02-01-2015, 02:25 PM
I heard something very different re Harris. I was about to post when I saw this. Collins is keen to take him to Parkhead. By all accounts he and the coaching staff at the tic believe that Harris could be fully developed there. I am not placing any great authority on this but it does have a ring of truth to it. Those who know Collins will have a greater insight to his thinking and if this is true.

Kato
02-01-2015, 02:27 PM
I heard something very different re Harris. I was about to post when I saw this. Collins is keen to take him to Parkhead. By all accounts he and the coaching staff at the tic believe that Harris could be fully developed there. I am not placing any great authority on this but it does have a ring of truth to it. Those who know Collins will have a greater insight to his thinking and if this is true.

Maybe we could swop with one their fringe players, which one though?:cb

McIntosh
02-01-2015, 02:36 PM
Maybe we could swop with one their fringe players, which one though?:cb

I think we could live in hope but I don't see that one happening, sadly. If Celtic started purchasing players whom were at the very early stage of their careers it would be a significant change in direction.

Pretty Boy
02-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Never seen Boyle play but his stats look decent enough.

26 in 62 for Montrose and 6 in 5 when he returned on loan. Only 4 in 55 for Dundee but not sure how many of those games he started and how many were sub appearances.

If he is being looked at it's likely we have spent a long time looking at him and he may well be one to be worked on moving forward (assuming the intention is to make a loan deal permanent in the long run).

Hibtastic
02-01-2015, 02:41 PM
I've heard this same rumour about Harris! Will be announced on Monday

Northernhibee
02-01-2015, 02:47 PM
I know someone who's good friends with Martin Boyle - will see if he's heard anything.

McIntosh
02-01-2015, 02:53 PM
I've heard this same rumour about Harris! Will be announced on Monday

I don't know if that is so but did you hear a price? Did you also not hear that they were in for Wilson of Hearts?

hibs_123
02-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Boyle and Harris swap deal both on loan until end of season .. Will be confirmed soon

scoopyboy
02-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Hardly judging him, i haven't seen the lad play that much only saying what i seen of him yesterday

But the point I was making was you didn't see that much of him yesterday did you? :greengrin

HoboHarry
02-01-2015, 03:16 PM
So let me get this straight. We are sending Harris out on loan to an SPL club even though I have read repeatedly on here that he isn't good enough? Errr ok then.....

Onceinawhile
02-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Good goalscoring record in the lower leagues if not the top league. Hopefully he can cover for FAE/Malongo for a month or two.

SteveHFC
02-01-2015, 03:25 PM
Was posted on pie and bovril last night by a Dundee fan about this happening.

McIntosh
02-01-2015, 03:29 PM
So let me get this straight. We are sending Harris out on loan to an SPL club even though I have read repeatedly on here that he isn't good enough? Errr ok then.....
I agree and if all the rumours circulating around Harris prove anything is that he has got something.

Smartie
02-01-2015, 03:32 PM

Harris is frustrating because he obviously has something. We've just not seen anything positive for a long time from him.

I think a change of scenery and possibly some more first team action should do him good. Like Kennedy he doesn't really seem to fit into the way we play right now - that's not to say that he might not fit in again in future.

He's exactly the type of player that we let go and see go on and do well elsewhere.

And for all it is a step up to the Premier League, based on what I've seen there's very little between the teams in the top half or so of the Championship and most of the Premier League. Not a massive step up imo.

Harris is probably the player we have that frustrates me the most and that I probably like the least at the moment. I can only see this being a good thing. And if he fails to deliver there then the writing might really be on the wall for him.

Boyle89
02-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Excellent. Now I can get my name on the back of my top :).

Lmc2105
02-01-2015, 03:34 PM
But the point I was making was you didn't see that much of him yesterday did you? :greengrin

Not really no :greengrin

Andy74
02-01-2015, 03:35 PM

Are Dundee better than us? Should Harris be in our team just now?

TheFamous1875
02-01-2015, 03:39 PM
I agree and if all the rumours circulating around Harris prove anything is that he has got something.

Harris is frustrating because he obviously has something. We've just not seen anything positive for a long time from him.

I think a change of scenery and possibly some more first team action should do him good. Like Kennedy he doesn't really seem to fit into the way we play right now - that's not to say that he might not fit in again in future.

He's exactly the type of player that we let go and see go on and do well elsewhere.

And for all it is a step up to the Premier League, based on what I've seen there's very little between the teams in the top half or so of the Championship and most of the Premier League. Not a massive step up imo.

Harris is probably the player we have that frustrates me the most and that I probably like the least at the moment. I can only see this being a good thing. And if he fails to deliver there then the writing might really be on the wall for him.

He's on a good, long contract with us so I don't see him going anywhere other than back to us after this proposed loan. I'm hoping Stubbs, etc, see Harris as a long-term project as his talent is obviously there but he's lost the belief or the something that enables him to be a great player like he was when he broke through. Hopefully this loan is the first step in a long-term plan to get him back to his best through sports psycology etc, and we'll see him back at us in the future as a star player. If not, then I hope he goes on to do well elsewhere.

HoboHarry
02-01-2015, 03:44 PM
Are Dundee better than us? Should Harris be in our team just now?
Personally I think Hibs are better than Dundee at this time but that's not the point because that's just an opinion with no way to prove it. It is a fact however that despite being told ad infinitum that he is s***e by our galaxy of Hibs.net keyboard coaches, he is on his way (according to some) to a team who play in a league above us to play for a coach who thinks he can cut it at that level.

Billychaotic182
02-01-2015, 03:44 PM
"He's exactly the type of player that we let go and see go on and do well elsewhere."

Like who? It's a myth. A guy had a good thread earlier that this just isn't the case.

Sure Marc McNulty and Stefan Scougall will disagree

Thecat23
02-01-2015, 03:50 PM

Well why isn't he playing every week?? You saying Stubbs has it wrong if Harris goes on loan? Personally I think Hibs are a better side and have a better side than Dundee even though we are a league below.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Hope this isn't true tbh.

marinello59
02-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Well why isn't he playing every week?? You saying Stubbs has it wrong if Harris goes on loan? Personally I think Hibs are a better side and have a better side than Dundee even though we are a league below.

He's not playing every week because he is still a raw talent possibly because the coaching standards at the club prior to Stubbs appointment have been less than ideal.

bingo70
02-01-2015, 04:02 PM

Sure not many hibs fans will take much convincing that John Collins wants to sign a pish player.

(I don't mean to sound as harsh about Harris as that but he really has been dreadful the last year and a half)

Thecat23
02-01-2015, 04:07 PM
He's not playing every week because he is still a raw talent possibly because the coaching standards at the club prior to Stubbs appointment have been less than ideal.

If that's what you think that's fair enough. But there's only so much you can blame another manager! He's done nothing since Stubbs came in and his coaching is meant to be extremely good.

Nothing against Harris I personally don't think he has got it. The "raw" talent isn't really true when you look at the hard facts. How many goals, assists has he got? A good young player like Lewis McLeod who got a move from The Rangers is what I'd call raw talent!

ekhibee
02-01-2015, 04:08 PM
If this is true I would be asking just what did Dundee actually see in Harris that they would want to take him? A loan deal for a player that is woefully out of form and has been for some time now. Unless Boyle is even worse.

weonlywon6-2
02-01-2015, 04:23 PM

If Harris can't cope with playing for hibs he's no chance at Celtic,it will break him

McIntosh
02-01-2015, 04:26 PM

I am saying exactly what I have written he has got something. A lot of people who are professionally involved in the game clearly think that also. As for your question about Stubbs being wrong if Harris goes on loan. I have no opinion on that matter but I do not think you can ever compare Hibs to Dundee no matter what division we are in. We are much bigger club and a lot better football side.

McIntosh
02-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Sure not many hibs fans will take much convincing that John Collins wants to sign a pish player.

(I don't mean to sound as harsh about Harris as that but he really has been dreadful the last year and a half)

Sadly he signed a few for us 😞

McIntosh
02-01-2015, 04:30 PM
If Harris can't cope with playing for hibs he's no chance at Celtic,it will break him you may well be right there but club's are clearly seeing something.

Thecat23
02-01-2015, 04:31 PM
I am saying exactly what I have written he has got something. A lot of people who are professionally involved in the game clearly think that also. As for your question about Stubbs being wrong if Harris goes on loan. I have no opinion on that matter but I do not think you can ever compare Hibs to Dundee no matter what division we are in. We are much bigger club and a lot better football side.

Exactly what I was saying. Hibs are better and a bigger team Dundee aren't anywhere near us. Come as no surprise Harris might end up there. I fully expect him to drop down like McLuskey did. Again only my opinion I may be wrong. I just don't think he has it and you seem to think he has. For me he'd play every week not just a sub here and there.

Aldo
02-01-2015, 05:09 PM
For me Harris has talent but I think his bottle has gone following his injury at the start of last season.

I'm no dissing the laddie but it's obvious he's not keen on 50/50's and his confidence is gone.

It's taking him a lot longer to recover mentally IMHO.

Shame really but if going out on loan gets his confidence back then surely that must be a good thing for both parties.

higgy0418
02-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Heard that Boyle had his medical today. Also don't really understand the move for anyone. Sounds like there 2 young players that have talent but are both miles out of form. Hopefully it works out for both players and clubs though

Hibtastic
02-01-2015, 06:17 PM
I don't know if that is so but did you hear a price? Did you also not hear that they were in for Wilson of Hearts?

I heard it was a loan in each direction! Never heard about the Wilson thing!

RedHibby
02-01-2015, 06:44 PM

I personally think that it is rather condescending of Collins and Celtic to think that we are not capable of developing players. I would tell them to do one the cheeky *******s.

Brightside
02-01-2015, 06:55 PM

"I don't mean to sound harsh" You might need to try a bit harder. He's a boy who needs to get his mojo back. A wee loan away from Easter Rd should help him do that.

IanM
02-01-2015, 07:04 PM
Heard that Boyle had his medical today. Also don't really understand the move for anyone. Sounds like there 2 young players that have talent but are both miles out of form. Hopefully it works out for both players and clubs though

There's a few players that can't get in the team at the moment so I wouldn't worry too much about not understanding the move. Stubbs must think this guy could slot right in

Ozyhibby
02-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Sounds like both clubs have players who are not in their plans and have nothing to lose from a swap to see if a better fit can be found.
I would be disappointed if Boyle is seen as Malonga's replacement.

Hibernian Verse
02-01-2015, 07:33 PM

Harris himself is a Celtic fan so I'm sure if there was an interest there he'd be away by the end of Jan.

McIntosh
02-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Harris himself is a Celtic fan so I'm sure if there was an interest there he'd be away by the end of Jan.

The person who told me was a former youth coach at Parkhead and he told me exactly what you have said. This is why I thought it had the ring of truth. I wonder if he was sold what the fee would be.

Hibernian Verse
02-01-2015, 07:42 PM
The person who told me was a former youth coach at Parkhead and he told me exactly what you have said. This is why I thought it had the ring of truth. I wonder if he was sold what the fee would be.

Development fee plus any potential fee LD/RP can get for him - if any.

Del Boy
02-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Mate who supports dundee reckons Boyle (like a lot of the Dundee team) is not premier league standard, will do ok against the poorer championship teams. Another option and a bit of cover up front I guess.

.Sean.
02-01-2015, 08:00 PM
I posted on the PM forum at the beginning of the week about Boyle to Hibs. Definetely on.

Heisenberg
02-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Boyle is apparently very quick, his goals record at Dundee isn't the best but has apparently been used more out wide than as a main striker. I'm willing to trust those in charge should it come off as they've done well in the signing department so far.

Andy74
02-01-2015, 08:42 PM

I don't believe for a second Celtic would be the least bit interested in Harris.

ano hibby
02-01-2015, 08:49 PM
I know nothing of Boyd..is he a similar player to Malonga..can he hold the ball up..can you see Cummings playing off him..?
Got to trust Stubbs, signing record over the piece good so far.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-01-2015, 08:58 PM
Is this a loan deal or perm for both clubs, does anyone know?

woodythehibee
02-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Appears to be 6 month loans

JimBHibees
02-01-2015, 09:03 PM

Meant to be loan both ways.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Cheers guys :aok: ^

Niffy
02-01-2015, 09:37 PM
A couple of clubs including Hibs have enquired about Boyle.

NOLA
02-01-2015, 10:13 PM
maybe with Kennedy heading back to everton, stubbs wants a pacy winger to sit on the bench and obviously wants Boyle more than Harris to be that guy.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Sounds a bit like that TV programme from 10 years ago, 'Wife Swap'. We can call it 'Winger swap'. Maybe more teams could get involved. Could see Man Utd swapping Valencia with perhaps Walcott of Arsenal.

andrew70
02-01-2015, 11:12 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hibs-must-win-derby-to-keep-title-hopes-alive-1-3649833?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Confirmed at bottom of this article. Good scoop Sean.

Mikey
02-01-2015, 11:16 PM
http://m.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hibs-must-win-derby-to-keep-title-hopes-alive-1-3649833?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Indeed......

Hibs were yesterday active in the transfer market, with winger Alex Harris moving on loan to Dundee for the rest of the season and Martin Boyle, also a winger, heading from Dens Park to Easter Road in a swap deal. It was unclear last night whether the deal will go through in time to allow Boyle to feature at Tynecastle.

McIntosh
02-01-2015, 11:23 PM

Well done that man!!!!

Hannah_hfc
02-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Been saying for a while now a loan spell for Harris would do him good ( though I had a lower league in mind). Will be interested to see how he gets on playing under Hartley.

As for Boyle, I don't know much about him at all but trusting Stubbs has an eye for a player so let's see what he can do for us!

AlbertK86
02-01-2015, 11:38 PM
So

We put a guy who looked a tremendous prospect 2 seasons ago on loan to a Premiership club

He regains his confidence in a team playing a formation that suits him in a league we hope to be in next season

He comes back to us having regained his confidence and having half a seasons experience in the league we hope to be playing in next season

We get a guy who can be played up front and who has scored at the lower level we are at and are short of bods

No brainer to me

HoboHarry
02-01-2015, 11:41 PM
So

We put a guy who looked a tremendous prospect 2 seasons ago on loan to a Premiership club

He regains his confidence in a team playing a formation that suits him in a league we hope to be in next season

He comes back to us having regained his confidence and having half a seasons experience in the league we hope to be playing in next season

We get a guy who can be played up front and who has scored at the lower level we are at and are short of bods

No brainer to me
Assuming that Harris would want to come back....

Diclonius
02-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Last minute Boyle winner confirmed.

AlbertK86
02-01-2015, 11:47 PM
Assuming that Harris would want to come back....

Indeed but he's on a long contract so we hold the aces

SteveHFC
02-01-2015, 11:48 PM

:agree:

Hermit Crab
02-01-2015, 11:55 PM
Assuming this won't be done in time for the game tomorrow.

davym7062
03-01-2015, 12:30 AM
harris is a good player thats lost his way for some reason. he will be a good player for hibs ive no doubt!!!!

Jdawg
03-01-2015, 12:45 AM
could be just what is required for Harris, he has shown in the past he can play at SPL level so that is not the issue. Hopefully he can regain his confidence and kick on again for us next season.

Centre Hawf
03-01-2015, 12:52 AM
Going on the track record of us not announcing deals till it's all signed and sealed I assume he isn't registered in time to play for tomorrow.

monktonharp
03-01-2015, 12:57 AM
harris is a good player thats lost his way for some reason. he will be a good player for hibs ive no doubt!!!!Harris, good player, lost his way for a whole season. had his chance, decided not to take it

The_Horde
03-01-2015, 01:16 AM
No confirmation of whether Boyle to us is a loan or permanent? Bad reporting or?

hibees 7062
03-01-2015, 01:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRV6IE6w38&feature=player_detailpage#t=0

Deansy
03-01-2015, 02:14 AM
Good luck to Alex Harris - I believe in him and he'll come back the player we know he can be !

The_Horde
03-01-2015, 02:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxRV6IE6w38&feature=player_detailpage#t=0

So similar to Ivan!

HibeesLA
03-01-2015, 05:53 AM

He's a Dundee player, isn't he supposed to come on as a sub and bang in 2?!

Niffy
03-01-2015, 06:03 AM

His Jambo dad would like that ;)

cam75
03-01-2015, 06:21 AM
Mcpake and Thompson there for familiar faces good luck to him,hope he comes back with the promise he showed 2 seasons ago !
GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
03-01-2015, 06:50 AM
Harris, good player, lost his way for a whole season. had his chance, decided not to take it

ever been in a situation where things just arent happening no matter what you do? if this were tge case with Harris it wouldnt be him deciding not to take it. i know weve had a run of pros at the club that have been anything but but Harris - really?

Stuarty27
03-01-2015, 08:35 AM
Here was what was being reported at the start of the season....

Dundee have announced that Martin Boyle has signed a new one-year deal with the club.

The former Montrose striker was a key player for boss Paul Hartley during last season’s title run-in with his pace a constant threat to opposition defences.

The manager commented: “We are pleased that Martin has committed to us. He has shown promise wherever he has been in the last few years and played his part in the Championship winning side, particularly towards the end of the season against our title-chasing rivals.

“I look forward to working with him as I believe he can make the step up (to the Premiership) if he continues to work hard and apply himself to his profession. He will never have a better chance to prove himself as a top player.”

Aldo
03-01-2015, 08:46 AM
I am more than happy to trust Stubbs judgement.

Seems to have something about him and pace.

Hopefully be registered to play today (not sure if that's possible unless the offices of the beaks are open on Sat morning)

MontrealHibs
03-01-2015, 08:50 AM
His Jambo dad would like that ;)

He certainly will Niffy, I am sure he will be very proud though!

greenlex
03-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Harris has talent there is no doubt. He has pace but his undoing is his desire. He has the heart of a pea. He is not going to feature long term at Hibs.we get a six month look at this lad in return. Good bit of business I reckon.

Andy74
03-01-2015, 09:35 AM
Can't really figure out the Boyle one but we will soon find out what role he might play I suppose.

PeterboroHibee
03-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Can't really figure out the Boyle one but we will soon find out what role he might play I suppose.

He can play in various positions across the front line, but I imagine we are bringing him in as a striker. A mate who is a Dundee fan said he is lightning quick but lacks me product at times. Maybe Stubbs is looking to bring pace into the team in the right position.

Vault Boy
03-01-2015, 09:53 AM
On the official site now, Boyle in the squad for today. Stubbs insisting that Alex is part of his long term plans and will return in the summer. Hopefully a mutually beneficial move, Welcome Martin!

Mikey
03-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Target identified and brought in as soon as possible.

Changed days indeed..........

hibsbollah
03-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Good luck Alex, haste ye back :aok:

Ronniekirk
I fully understand why he would want to give Harris an opportunity to regain his confidence away from Hibs ,as for a variety of reasons ,not least injury and Butcher it hasn't happened for him.
Don't know enough about Boyle so have to assume that the rigorous scouting system we now have in place has seen potential and maybe in different position than Dundee have played him in .
Kennedy was a pacey winger but for me lacked end product ,and we really don't want someone similiar .
Stubbs said he wanted three or four in who were first team ready .In the January Transfer window that was always going to be a Big ask ,and I assume he has looked at how he scored goals in lower division and thought he could utilise him him in the Championship .
Like a few people have said this may not be Malonga s replacement ,hopefully that's still to come with a Defender and possibly goalkeeper .

Stuarty27
Hope he gets a run out the day..

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Not a signing that excites me, but Harris has been poor for a long time. If Boyle can put in a better performances than Harris has been doing then great.

I feel this might just be a short term thing to get us through Malonga's absence, but obviously hope he comes in and does really well.

Bostonhibby
03-01-2015, 10:07 AM

:agree: Bags of ability - push on son. All the best.

Just_Jimmy
03-01-2015, 10:12 AM
I trust Stubb's signings. So far they have been solid. Either main players of squad players. Harris has done nothing for months so a change might see him back to form, Boyle brings us pace by all accounts and we badly need as much as we can get. He's also played and won in this league.

Pretty Boy
03-01-2015, 10:21 AM
From a derby defeat to a derby winner in 3 days. Welcome to Hibs Martin. No pressure but a hat trick today will do for starters.

J-C
03-01-2015, 10:36 AM
The fact he's a quick winger who can play through the middle will suit Stubbs team at the moment, scored a good few goals at Montrose so knows where the goals are. TBH I'm very disappointed about how Harris has developed, showed great promise but if anyone had the heart of a mouse it wasn't our captain it was Harris, seen him so many times pulling out of challenges etc he's unfortunately too soft for this profession.

Keith_M
03-01-2015, 10:57 AM
From a derby defeat to a derby winner in 3 days. Welcome to Hibs Martin. No pressure but a hat trick today will do for starters.

No pressure indeed!

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
03-01-2015, 11:18 AM

:pray:

DH1875
03-01-2015, 11:27 AM

:agree::agree::agree:

worcesterhibby
03-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Target identified and brought in as soon as possible.

Changed days indeed..........

Absolutely, looks like a lot of things are changing for the better under LD and Stubbs

emerald green
03-01-2015, 07:08 PM
AS has stated that Alex Harris will be coming back to ER in the summer, as he is still part of his plans.

So what then happens to Martin Boyle in the summer? Does he automatically go back to Dundee, or is a decision made at that time as to whether or not to offer him a contract at Hibs?

If Hibs were to make it through the play-offs to play the 2nd bottom team in the SPFL, and that team happened to be Dundee, presumably Boyle would not be eligible to play against them?

leggeto
03-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Its a chance for Harris to Stubbs what he is missing, lots of lads his age go on loan and come back a far better player

SMAXXA
03-01-2015, 08:34 PM
AS has stated that Alex Harris will be coming back to ER in the summer, as he is still part of his plans.

So what then happens to Martin Boyle in the summer? Does he automatically go back to Dundee, or is a decision made at that time as to whether or not to offer him a contract at Hibs?

If Hibs were to make it through the play-offs to play the 2nd bottom team in the SPFL, and that team happened to be Dundee, presumably Boyle would not be eligible to play against them?

It will depend how well he does at hibs to see where he is in the summer

scoopyboy
03-01-2015, 08:36 PM

I think Martin Boyle is out of contract in the summer so I don't suppose he will play for them again unless he signs another contract, which I think is unlikely.

If Hibs played Dundee in the play offs neither Harris or Boyle would be able to play.

Swedish hibee
03-01-2015, 08:37 PM

Ditto.

Sir David Gray
04-01-2015, 12:06 AM
Hope Harris does well at Dundee.

He had a lot of potential when he first broke through a couple of years ago but it's not really happened for him over the last 18 months or so.

Hopefully this move can get him back to where he should be and we can see the real Alex Harris next season.

A lot of Hibs connections now up at Dundee, with Harris joining Kevin McBride, Kevin Thomson and James McPake and I suppose you could also include Paul Hartley in that as well although he obviously is better known for his time over on the dark side.

Their assistant, Gerry McCabe, was also at Hibs during the Bobby Williamson era.

Spike Mandela
04-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Boyle must have thought he was scoring the winner yesterday but for a desperate last ditch challenge by Ozturkey:cb

Green&White
04-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Boyle must have thought he was scoring the winner yesterday but for a desperate last ditch challenge by Ozturkey:cb
I had a wee mutter to myself when he came on along the lines of 'go on get the winner with your first touch mate' so nearly did. Would have been an instant hero.

jacomo
04-01-2015, 10:08 AM
He can play in various positions across the front line, but I imagine we are bringing him in as a striker. A mate who is a Dundee fan said he is lightning quick but lacks me product at times. Maybe Stubbs is looking to bring pace into the team in the right position.

A bit of pace up front never a bad thing.

I hope Harris has a successful few months and comes back rejuvenated. Hartley might just be the ideal coach for him right now - a failed Hibs winger who went on to have a successful playing career. I also wonder if Harris is getting any psychological coaching following his injury.

emerald green
04-01-2015, 10:12 AM
I think Martin Boyle is out of contract in the summer so I don't suppose he will play for them again unless he signs another contract, which I think is unlikely.

If Hibs played Dundee in the play offs neither Harris or Boyle would be able to play.

OK cheers for that. :aok:

Leithenhibby
04-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Not a signing that excites me, but Harris has been poor for a long time. If Boyle can put in a better performances than Harris has been doing then great.

I feel this might just be a short term thing to get us through Malonga's absence, but obviously hope he comes in and does really well.

If Boyle & Cummings do enough to keep Malonga out on his return, I for one will be very happy... :wink:

offshorehibby
04-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Looks like Harris starting against Ross Co today

Stevie Reid
04-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Stubbs' signings have been excellent so far - if he thinks Boyle is a worthwhile signing that will improve the squad, that'll do for me.

Hope the move works out for Harris and he comes back in better fettle.

Onceinawhile
04-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Looks like Harris starting against Ross Co today

Played the full game. Not sure how he played mind.

Spike Mandela
04-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Alex is playing in a higher league than Scott Allan. Funny how life works out.:cb

JackFlash68
04-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Hiya folks. We were all very impressed with Harris today at Dens. Only his first game, but he was very positive and seemed to have a football brain on him. Probably the opposite of Boyle tbh. I hope Martin does well, though.

not sure Thomson is working out for us. He seems to slow everything we do to a crawl. We've not won a league match he's started. McPake has been excellent.

Hermit Crab
04-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Hiya folks. We were all very impressed with Harris today at Dens. Only his first game, but he was very positive and seemed to have a football brain on him. Probably the opposite of Boyle tbh. I hope Martin does well, though.

not sure Thomson is working out for us. He seems to slow everything we do to a crawl. We've not won a league match he's started. McPake has been excellent.

Good to hear about Harris. Do you not find mcpake a bomb scare at the back? Always prone to a big mistake at us usually leading to a goal. Thomson was the same with us last season. Suposedly a trouble maker in the dressing room as well.

hibeemikey21
04-01-2015, 06:08 PM

That was my bugbear about Thommo last year. Very much divided the support in terms of whether he should be playing.

As did mcpake to an extent, although I was definitely in favour of playing/retaining him. Can't argue with his commitment.

Glad to hear Harris did well. He'll need the backing of the support to kick on. Very much affected by confidence.

Boyle looked dangerous for the few minutes he played yesterday and could've bagged a goal or two on another day

3pm
04-01-2015, 06:08 PM

Interesting about Thomson. Good about Harris.

JackFlash68
04-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Good to hear about Harris. Do you not find mcpake a bomb scare at the back? Always prone to a big mistake at us usually leading to a goal. Thomson was the same with us last season. Suposedly a trouble maker in the dressing room as well.

James has been really solid. I never saw the Derby so I can't comment on whether he was at fault for that particular nightmare. I'd say he's been our best player this season after Greg Stewart.

Winston Ingram
04-01-2015, 06:13 PM

Thanks for the update. There's no doubting Harris is a player. Unfortunately Butcher/Malpas throttled the confidence out of him and then our boo boys haven't assisted in it returning. Hopefully 6 months at Dens will help get it back. Thanks again for the update👍

emerald green
04-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Hiya folks. We were all very impressed with Harris today at Dens. Only his first game, but he was very positive and seemed to have a football brain on him.

Football's a funny old game, as someone once said. When was the last time anyone said that about Alex Harris playing in a Hibs shirt?

Winston Ingram
04-01-2015, 06:15 PM
James has been really solid. I never saw the Derby so I can't comment on whether he was at fault for that particular nightmare. I'd say he's been our best player this season after Greg Stewart.

He started like that for us then he stupidly tried to play through a very bad back injury & never hit those heights again for us.

BSEJVT
04-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Football's a funny old game, as someone once said. When was the last time anyone said that about Alex Harris playing in a Hibs shirt?

I have thought for the last few years that you would need to have a special kind of mentality to break through at Hibs from the youths and kick on.

Some of ours support seem to delight in miscalling our own young guys breaking through.

Whilst I wouldn't advocate this either, there have been plenty of "outsiders" who have came through the revolving door that ER had become that would have been far more deserving of their ire.

There have been innumerate threads or certainly posts on here decrying from yesterdays team:

Stevenson

Booth

Hanlon

Handling

Cummings

I honestly don't see where folk get off on it and there no doubt that it has hampered their development with this being the case with Harris especially.

Stevie Reid
04-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Harris looked good for Dundee in the highlights on Sportscene.

O'Rourke3
04-01-2015, 10:43 PM
The semi vs Falkirk......

Stevie Reid
04-01-2015, 10:53 PM
The semi vs Falkirk......

He played well in our bottom six matches that season before the final as well.

Thought he looked good in the cup game against Dundee Utd too, and had the baws to take one of the first five pens also.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Harris looked good for Dundee in the highlights on Sportscene.

He did. Hopefully he remembers how to play like that regularly

O'Rourke3
05-01-2015, 12:20 AM

Thought he looked good in the cup game against Dundee Utd too, and had the baws to take one of the first five pens also.
Can I assume you take it I don't rate him? Quite the opposite. However he was poor\unfit against Malmo then hacked out the game against Motherwell. Since then hasn't been the shining light we hoped for. I want him to be a great player for us but he simply hasn't done it.

Stevie Reid
05-01-2015, 01:44 AM
Can I assume you take it I don't rate him? Quite the opposite. However he was poor\unfit against Malmo then hacked out the game against Motherwell. Since then hasn't been the shining light we hoped for. I want him to be a great player for us but he simply hasn't done it.

I didn't presume anything. Was simply giving my opinion that he played well in some other matches after that semi final.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-01-2015, 05:07 AM
I have thought for the last few years that you would need to have a special kind of mentality to break through at Hibs from the youths and kick on.

Some of ours support seem to delight in miscalling our own young guys breaking through.

Whilst I wouldn't advocate this either, there have been plenty of "outsiders" who have came through the revolving door that ER had become that would have been far more deserving of their ire.

There have been innumerate threads or certainly posts on here decrying from yesterdays team:

Stevenson

Booth

Hanlon

Handling

Cummings

I honestly don't see where folk get off on it and there no doubt that it has hampered their development with this being the case with Harris especially.

its funny that - I mean youth is our future. Folks that don't understand that and what it means in terms of support well I just don't get them. and As for deriding them from the stands I say this - you'd be as well supporting Hearts.

Winston Ingram
05-01-2015, 09:04 AM

He was superb in our last win at Tynie 18 months ago. Tore McHattie a new one.

J-C
05-01-2015, 01:31 PM
unfortunately everyone talking about Harris's good games were all gams from a year, it here and now he's been p1sh, he's no good to us playing well at Dundee when we need him to be playing well for us here.

Winston Ingram
05-01-2015, 02:36 PM
unfortunately everyone talking about Harris's good games were all gams from a year, it here and now he's been p1sh, he's no good to us playing well at Dundee when we need him to be playing well for us here.

I'd argue it is good for us doing it for Dundee if it gets his confidence back.

S4uzee
05-01-2015, 02:42 PM
I rate Harris but have the feeling this is another Wotherspoon situation in that he will prosper if he left ER

monktonharp
05-01-2015, 02:53 PM
but he's not left, has he? he's on loan. we don't need him, at this minute and certainly not in the state he's been playing. we need a man upfront, which Boyle looks like he can do. he almost won it for us on Saturday. I do expect us to get the young man back, and hopefully a change of scenery will help him ,especially if he gets more regular football.

Andy74
05-01-2015, 03:08 PM
I rate Harris but have the feeling this is another Wotherspoon situation in that he will prosper if he left ER

Wotherspoon has prospered?

hibeemikey21
05-01-2015, 03:13 PM

Set up the winning goal in the SC final in his first season away from Hibs (after not making the final squad for 2 consecutive seasons when Hibs lost) and is playing regularly for a better team than Hibs.....

Not having a dig, it's just clear that he has (in a football respect; I have no idea re finances)

S4uzee
05-01-2015, 03:35 PM
Set up the winning goal in the SC final in his first season away from Hibs (after not making the final squad for 2 consecutive seasons when Hibs lost) and is playing regularly for a better team than Hibs.....

Not having a dig, it's just clear that he has (in a football respect; I have no idea re finances)
:agree: Plus he doesn't have a relegation to his name either

jacomo
05-01-2015, 04:57 PM

As has been covered elsewhere, rumour is that AS wanted to swap Heff for Boyle but Heff wouldn't agree to it. I think this means AS sees a future for Harris at our club.

Smartie
05-01-2015, 05:05 PM

At least this way he has the opportunity to prosper then come back and keep it going with us, rather than us just writing him off.

Smartie
05-01-2015, 05:09 PM

Can anyone honestly make an argument for Wotherspoon not having prospered and been better off away from ER?

A no-brainer surely?

Maybe he hasn't exactly prospered financially (yet) but a move to your boyhood heroes, playing in and setting up a goal in a cup final win whilst playing regularly for a team that is generally in and around the top 6 of the SPFL isn't exactly a bad return.

Especially when considering the bullets he dodged by not remaining with us.

lord bunberry
05-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Can anyone honestly make an argument for Wotherspoon not having prospered and been better off away from ER?

A no-brainer surely?

Maybe he hasn't exactly prospered financially (yet) but a move to your boyhood heroes, playing in and setting up a goal in a cup final win whilst playing regularly for a team that is generally in and around the top 6 of the SPFL isn't exactly a bad return.

Steven Fletcher has prospered since leaving hibs, David Wotherspoon has went to St Johnstone and done well for them.

Andy74
05-01-2015, 05:27 PM

A no-brainer surely?

Okay, forgot about the cup :greengrin

I meant more in a playing sense though - he hasn't shown he is a player we miss and has scored 1 goal for them so far I think.

Billy Whizz
05-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Will Harris be back and available for the play offs if we're in them? Wonder when his loan finishes?

lord bunberry
05-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Will Harris be back and available for the play offs if we're in them? Wonder when his loan finishes?

If he is then it will mean Boyle won't be available. The next 5 months will determine which we we would rather it went.

J-C
05-01-2015, 07:37 PM
As has been covered elsewhere, rumour is that AS wanted to swap Heff for Boyle but Heff wouldn't agree to it. I think this means AS sees a future for Harris at our club.

Heff wouldn't agree to it the cheeky *******, he's done the square root of **** all at this club and he hasn't got the decency to p1ss off when he gets a chance. Harris I agree is still young but there are huge question marks over his mentality football wise, too soft maybe.

Stuarty27
05-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Heffernan has been terrible for us.

Poor poor signing, would love to get him off the wage bill. Absolute wage thief

Cropley10
05-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Anyone know if we've inserted the magic clause that means we can recall Alex Harris at any stage and then just play him in our games? :wink:

Fergus52
05-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Saw the highlights of the Dundee game and Harris looked pretty good.

Was involved in most of their attacks and directly set up a couple of good chances

Ronniekirk
06-01-2015, 07:31 AM
Saw the highlights of the Dundee game and Harris looked pretty good.

Was involved in most of their attacks and directly set up a couple of good chances

Yep saw the highlights and he certainly did more in that one game in an attacking sense than he has managed for us most of the season .Be interesting to see if he can reproduce week after week and stay in starting 11 .

06-01-2015, 12:24 PM

:agree:

MacBean
06-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Today's signning makes me think that Boyle may be used bit part or more as an impact player like Sproule. A permanent signing like DjeDje is going to be more of a starter than a loanee like Boyle.
Some strike force we now have on paper. Malonga, Cummings, El Alagui and Dje Dje, with Heffernan, Handling, Boyle and Allan all to back up.

J-C
06-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Today's signning makes me think that Boyle may be used bit part or more as an impact player like Sproule. A permanent signing like DjeDje is going to be more of a starter than a loanee like Boyle.
Some strike force we now have on paper. Malonga, Cummings, El Alagui and Dje Dje, with Heffernan, Handling, Boyle and Allan all to back up.

Don't know about that, Malonga away to Africa, Alagui still about a month away and Cummings still very much hot and cold.

Djedje seems to be an attacking front man but not an out and out striker similar to Boyle, both with tons of pace, Handling will not be used as a striker from now on, looks like attacking midfield is where he's more suited, Heff will not be on the bench and Allan will continue to develop in the U20's.

The_Exile
06-01-2015, 03:45 PM
With the signings made so far it looks to me like we'll be setting up (4-2-3-1) with 4 at the back, 2 in centre mid, couple of inside forwards/wingers (can only work if they're pacey and looks like we have signed a couple of players with bags of it) and any two of a target man/poacher/link up man etc in the middle. Will be really interesting to see the line up and the way we shape up against Falkirk.

Ox

Gray Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson

Craig Robertson

Boyle Allan Djedje

Cummings

ancient hibee
06-01-2015, 05:05 PM
With the signings made so far it looks to me like we'll be setting up (4-2-3-1) with 4 at the back, 2 in centre mid, couple of inside forwards/wingers (can only work if they're pacey and looks like we have signed a couple of players with bags of it) and any two of a target man/poacher/link up man etc in the middle. Will be really interesting to see the line up and the way we shape up against Falkirk.

Ox

Gray Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson

Craig Robertson

Boyle Allan Djedje

Cummings

Obviously Gray won't play maybe Forster will be fit.

AlbertK86
06-01-2015, 06:23 PM
With the signings made so far it looks to me like we'll be setting up (4-2-3-1) with 4 at the back, 2 in centre mid, couple of inside forwards/wingers (can only work if they're pacey and looks like we have signed a couple of players with bags of it) and any two of a target man/poacher/link up man etc in the middle. Will be really interesting to see the line up and the way we shape up against Falkirk. Ox Gray Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson Craig Robertson Boyle Allan Djedje Cummings

Wot about McGeogh?

Hoping he has another week fitter and able to start

The_Exile
06-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Wot about McGeogh?

Hoping he has another week fitter and able to start

Defo, if he's fit and match ready then I'd have him in at the expense of Craig or Robertson.

The_Exile
06-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Obviously Gray won't play maybe Forster will be fit.

Is that Gray out for his op now? Thought it wasn't until next week. Would be happy with Booth there TBH.

J-C
06-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Defo, if he's fit and match ready then I'd have him in at the expense of Craig or Robertson.

Deffo put McGeough in instead of Craig, who has played better recently but was pretty poor again on saturday when it mattered, his passing was very poor.( still think Craig bottles it in big games )

bigwheel
06-01-2015, 06:48 PM

i hate posts like this....what on earth makes Heffernan a wage thief?? By all means, feel free not to rate the guy...but to suggest through injuries and not getting a game makes him a stealer of wages is so disrespectful off the guy, who is well know as a good honest pro....

J-C
06-01-2015, 06:50 PM
i hate posts like this....what on earth makes Heffernan a wage thief?? By all means, feel free not to rate the guy...but to suggest through injuries and not getting a game makes him a stealer of wages is so disrespectful off the guy, who is well know as a good honest pro....

OK we'll rephrase it then, Heffernan has been a waste of a good wage at ER.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2015, 06:52 PM

:agree: He does not pick the team, and the club were perfectly happy to agree wages with him on their thoughts of his ability.

Its the same with managers, Butcher is a wage thief too, but Sauzee was just exercising his rights?

erin go bragh
07-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Is that Gray out for his op now? Thought it wasn't until next week. Would be happy with Booth there TBH.
His op is booked in for this Monday . out for between 4 to 6 weeks . with Gray only lasting a half in the derby .cant see him playing any part in the Falkirk game . maybe this guy from Norway Edvard Skagestad]we have on trial ,will slot straight in [anybody heard how he has got on ] Celtic had him on trial 2010 . In Stubbsy we trust .

GGTTH

scoopyboy
07-01-2015, 09:52 AM

How about he does nothing for his wages?

Quite happy to muck around not really caring if he gets on the park or not.

Doesn't want to be at Hibs and is looking for a pay off, but if need be he will sit his contract out rather than move to the likes of St.Johnstone or Dundee.

His first comment when he heard that Hibs had managed to get rid of the bank debt was that would give them more money to pay him off.

The quicker he is gone the better.

GreenPJ
07-01-2015, 10:12 AM
How about he does nothing for his wages?

Quite happy to muck around not really caring if he gets on the park or not.

Doesn't want to be at Hibs and is looking for a pay off, but if need be he will sit his contract out rather than move to the likes of St.Johnstone or Dundee.

His first comment when he heard that Hibs had managed to get rid of the bank debt was that would give them more money to pay him off.

The quicker he is gone the better.

According to everyone in the know he gets paid significantly more if he plays so why would he not care?

Brightside
07-01-2015, 10:31 AM
According to everyone in the know he gets paid significantly more if he plays so why would he not care?

he scores bucket loads in training im told!

scoopyboy
07-01-2015, 10:56 AM

He will get appearance money if he gets on the park, no argument there.

I watch him "warming up" with the other subs in front of the West lower and his body language to me indicates he doesn't care. Other subs look energetic in anticipation of getting on, not him.

scoopyboy
07-01-2015, 10:57 AM
he scores bucket loads in training im told!

So did Colin Nish.

erin go bragh
07-01-2015, 11:30 AM
So did Colin Nish.

Bit unfair on Nish imo . Who has scored more goals in maybe one game for Hibs , than Heffernan has managed in umpteen !

Ggtth