PDA

View Full Version : bt sports

Allant1981
02-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Probably been asked before but can you pay for just one day with bt? I dont have a ticket for tomorrow

Leithenhibby
02-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Probably been asked before but can you pay for just one day with bt? I dont have a ticket for tomorrow

You get it free online if your broadband is with BT

Will be on TV'v in plenty pubs, so you won't miss out.............. :wink:

Allant1981
02-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Nah my broadband is with sky, ive got the 6yr old with me as the other half is working, ill get it sorted somehow

Leithenhibby
02-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Nah my broadband is with sky, ive got the 6yr old with me as the other half is working, ill get it sorted somehow

This is the best I can do...............

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport/?s_intcid=con_intban_btsport_pink_butt

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2015, 11:32 AM
i hope the game is still on, monsoon weather :(

Allant1981
02-01-2015, 12:20 PM
This is the best I can do...............

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/bt-sport/?s_intcid=con_intban_btsport_pink_butt

Cheers, i may as well just sign up, they seem to have a lot of games on throughout the season anyway

Hermit Crab
02-01-2015, 12:23 PM
i hope the game is still on, monsoon weather :(

Game me will be fine. The 4-4 draw was played in worse conditions than this 11 years ago.

wookie70
02-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Just had a look at signing up for the game on a Sky package. £13.50 for a monthly package on a one month contract but you have to pay a £30 activation fee. I would have paid the £13.50 but too much with the activation fee. Pub it is and my lad will have to miss out.

erin go bragh
02-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Just had a look at signing up for the game on a Sky package. £13.50 for a monthly package on a one month contract but you have to pay a £30 activation fee. I would have paid the £13.50 but too much with the activation fee. Pub it is and my lad will have to miss out.
I nearly signed up with BT last year but when they told me there was a £30 activation fee .they were told to do one . Pretty silly imo as if BT scrapped the fee they would have plenty more people subscribing . Its the pub for me also as i left it too late to get tickets off my season tickets . :doh:

GGTTH

IanM
02-01-2015, 12:45 PM

plenty bars let kids in these days - both Ballrooms do, the one at meadowbank can be a bit of a madhoose at times (only during the football i must add) but the one up morningside is usually ideal for families at fitba.

The Office (easter road) lets kids in as well, be all Hibs fans in there (apart fi the owner!)

Allant1981
02-01-2015, 12:56 PM

Didnt realise there was an activation fee, not wanting to see it that much!!

Juice-Terry
02-01-2015, 12:58 PM
There is always Firstrow Sports and Vipbox (and Wiziwig or whatever it's called). GGTTH!

Andy74
02-01-2015, 01:00 PM
There is always Firstrow Sports and Vipbox (and Wiziwig or whatever it's called). GGTTH!

Is it my PC or are those feeds always pretty low quality. I see some are headed HD but I've never found any anywhere near even standard TV quality.

heretoday
02-01-2015, 01:04 PM

Wiziwig is suspended. Some issue with the Spanish authorities but really all these sites are living on the edge.

First Row used to be good right enough.

Jack Hackett
02-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Last time I used FR (the game last week against the Zombies :greengrin) the stream I watched was pretty solid. Not exactly HD, but smooth and buffering free. Very watchable....especially given the way the game went

reidy
02-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Didnt realise there was an activation fee, not wanting to see it that much!!
I got bt sports yesterday and pretty sure I didn't pay an activation fee

silverhibee
02-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Is it my PC or are those feeds always pretty low quality. I see some are headed HD but I've never found any anywhere near even standard TV quality.

Think it's just luck Andy, some are good feeds and others are slow/stop all the time. at least with wiziwag you normally get a few links and you hopefully get a good one.

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2015, 01:55 PM
If someone you know has BT sports you could use their online details and watch it through the app on your iPad?

hibeequinn
02-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Just added BT sports to my sky package and i didn't have to pay an activation fee either.

patch1875
02-01-2015, 02:12 PM
You pay a fee if you want it on for a month otherwise it's a 12 month contract

thebigman1875
02-01-2015, 02:19 PM

If you've got a Now TV box, get a crate of Carling for 9 quid & you get a free Sky Sports day pass if its a promotional pack.Ive had a few ! The limit is five free passes. Sorted.

Radge70
02-01-2015, 02:47 PM
I'm desperately trying to get a ticket for tomorrow. Anyone got one? The BT sports on Sky for a month was my plan B too but I've just done a dummy purchase and sure enough they add the £30 activation fee at checkout. The Sky Sports day pass is a non-starter though cause you don't get BT Sports with that unfortunately.

Mr White
02-01-2015, 02:48 PM
If you've got a Now TV box, get a crate of Carling for 9 quid & you get a free Sky Sports day pass if its a promotional pack.Ive had a few ! The limit is five free passes. Sorted.

I think the clue is in the thread title here :greengrin

silverhibee
02-01-2015, 03:15 PM
If someone you know has BT sports you could use their online details and watch it through the app on your iPad?

or xbox :greengrin

silverhibee
02-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Admins should just put a link up at 12.30 for folk who can't get to see the game.

As long as everyone keeps it on the QT. :thumbsup:

Centre Hawf
02-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Try Hibs TV and download yourself one of those IP Blockers. Tell websites you're in a different country. I used it for Netflix all the time so would assume it would work for HTV. Also the money goes to the club.

Jack Hackett
02-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Try Hibs TV and download yourself one of those IP Blockers. Tell websites you're in a different country. I used it for Netflix all the time so would assume it would work for HTV. Also the money goes to the club.

The rules about live games not being shown in the UK really grind my gears. There are plenty like me who live far enough away to make attendance at games a non-starter except on rare trips back to Edinburgh, but would be happy to take a tv subscription. This costs the club big time and should be challenged. The world has moved on since this rule was introduced and it should be scrapped imo

Hibby Bairn
02-01-2015, 06:43 PM
The rules about live games not being shown in the UK really grind my gears. There are plenty like me who live far enough away to make attendance at games a non-starter except on rare trips back to Edinburgh, but would be happy to take a tv subscription. This costs the club big time and should be challenged. The world has moved on since this rule was introduced and it should be scrapped imo

Couldn't agree more. Another example of a minor league pretending it is in fact a major league. The derby proceeds tomorrow could be multiplied to many times the BT Sport fee I would suspect if it was available online as pay per view instead of on BT Sport.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Just added BT sports to my sky package and i didn't have to pay an activation fee either.

You must have agreed to sign up to it for a minimum of 12 months then.

That's the only way to avoid the activation fee.

dp00
02-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Can you not sign up to 12 months then just cancel it tommorrow afternoon at 3.

Sir David Gray
02-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Can you not sign up to 12 months then just cancel it tommorrow afternoon at 3.

You could but they would charge you an early termination fee for doing so which would probably mean that you would face an up front charge for the entire year's subscription.

davehiby
02-01-2015, 07:03 PM
on virgin you can get bt sports package for £15 a month and no mention of an activation fee going to add to mine in the morning :flag:

Aldo
02-01-2015, 07:13 PM
I've got the Virgin XL package (doesn't include Sky Sports or Movies) and has ESPN and BT Sports 1 and 2 (both also in HD) included.

patch1875
02-01-2015, 07:20 PM
I've got the Virgin XL package (doesn't include Sky Sports or Movies) and has ESPN and BT Sports 1 and 2 (both also in HD) included.

Looks like we're all going round to Aldo's :-)

Aldo
02-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Looks like we're all going round to Aldo's :-)

More than welcome Patch.... Only trouble being I'll be oot in the pub watching it and Mrs Aldo and the kids will be out. Your also welcome to join me in the pub..... :-)

Sir David Gray
02-01-2015, 07:32 PM

:agree: You get BT Sport and ESPN included as part of the XL package on Virgin or for £15 per month if you have one of their other tv packages.

I don't believe there's any activation fee either.

I think it's just Sky customers that are expected to pay the activation fee to BT as they're trying to outdo Sky.

Aldo
02-01-2015, 07:37 PM
:agree: You get BT Sport and ESPN included as part of the XL package on Virgin or for £15 per month if you have one of their other tv packages. I don't believe there's any activation fee either. I think it's just Sky customers that are expected to pay the activation fee to BT as they're trying to outdo Sky.

Correct Trig.... No activation fee.