PDA

View Full Version : NHC Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hamilton etc

Spike Mandela
01-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Could Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or even Hamilton amongst others realistically win the SPFL Premiership this year? Getting tight at the top and Celtic not storming away.

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2015, 03:03 PM
No chance, there's going to be Armageddon.

givescotlandfreedom
01-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Celtc will finish comfortably ahead but the longer they're pegged back the better. If somebody else won the league it would be superb.

erin go bragh
I can see Celtic spending some cash in this Jan window .
Hopefully on a couple of strikers :)

Ggtth

Baldy Foghorn
No, celtc will just plunder their rivals to weaken them

hibeemikey21
01-01-2015, 03:08 PM
Could Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or even Hamilton amongst others realistically win the SPFL Premiership this year? Getting tight at the top and Celtic not storming away.

I said at the start of the season that I thought the Dons were one, maybe two top class signings away from winning the title.

Genuinely think if they speculate in this window, they can do it. Don't think they'll last the pace with their current squad.

silverhibee
01-01-2015, 03:09 PM

Yip. Celtc already sniffing about some of Dundee Utd players.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Yip. Celtc already sniffing about some of Dundee Utd players.

Always the way they operate. Win by weakening the opposition, done it for years

Greencore
01-01-2015, 03:24 PM
They have done it since they were first created. Look at hibs in the 1800s.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2015, 03:31 PM
They have done it since they were first created. Look at hibs in the 1800s.

Indeed

bingo70
01-01-2015, 03:46 PM

Who was the last person they signed from someone that was genuinely a threat to them?

Its a bit of a myth imo.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Who was the last person they signed from someone that was genuinely a threat to them?

Its a bit of a myth imo.

Don't know, just know they are currently linked with a few players, from other spl clubs

bingo70
01-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Don't know, just know they are currently linked with a few players, from other spl clubs

In the last 20-30 years the only club that's been a threat to them winning the league has been rangers and they've not signed anyone from them.

Anyway, no Got a clue why I'm defending that club, I ducking detest them.

Geo_1875
01-01-2015, 03:59 PM
Celtc would be cheaper looking for a decent coach.

Wighty76
01-01-2015, 04:03 PM

Its the Celtic way. Its boring and predictable. Rangers have also been guilty of cherry picking as well.

Weststandwanab
01-01-2015, 04:42 PM
I can see Celtic spending some cash in this Jan window .
Hopefully on a couple of strikers :)

Ggtth

I like your logic.

Chief Chi on the way IMO

Celtc would be cheaper looking for a decent coach.

J. McNamara will be their next "coach"

Mr White
01-01-2015, 05:16 PM
No chance. The other teams will take points off each other while celtc consistently grind out results. They'll win it by at least 10 points.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2015, 05:17 PM
I like your logic.

Chief Chi on the way IMO

J. McNamara will be their next "coach"

Or stubbs.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2015, 05:17 PM
No chance. The other teams will take points off each other while celtc consistently grind out results. They'll win it by at least 10 points.

0-0 at home Ross county? :confused:

Sir David Gray
01-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Celtic will win the league by at least 20 points.

Bishop Hibee
01-01-2015, 05:24 PM
And as in the early 80's, we are in no position to capitalise on the weakness of the OF :grr:

Nakedmanoncrack
01-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Aberdeen can win it, if Hibs were in their position I'd be disappointed if we didn't win it, it's a great chance & I hope they won't be happy to settle for anything less. Worth remembering they were worse than us a very short time ago, good decisions & a bit of ambition make a huge difference.

worcesterhibby
01-01-2015, 05:31 PM
good luck to Aberdeen and Utd..I hope one of the two can do it.

mjhibby
01-01-2015, 06:02 PM
And as in the early 80's, we are in no position to capitalise on the weakness of the OF :grr:

That's what annoys me the most. This is the best opportunity for a generation for one or two scottish teams to step up to the plate. Unfortunately to me scottish football is at its lowest ebb since the early 80s. The fact that Hamilton are four points off the top says it all. Aberdeen are a solid side and United are talented but inconsistent. From what I've seen Hibs would be comfortably in the top half of the top division which makes it all the more galling. If we keep up our current progress I feel fairly confident of second place and that we will get promoted and hopefully we can make an impact in the spl next season. Then all we need is a few gems from East mains and the future is bright.

Pretty Boy
01-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Yep.

Sad but true.

erin go bragh
01-01-2015, 06:14 PM
good luck to Aberdeen and Utd..I hope one of the two can do it.

Utd aye , but the sheep cudlers can gtf .

Ggtth

Mr White
01-01-2015, 07:04 PM
0-0 at home Ross county? :confused:

Yup and they lost to Hamilton at home earlier in the season too. Doesn't change the fact that they'll be way more consistent over the course of the 38 games and win the title with weeks to spare.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Yup and they lost to Hamilton at home earlier in the season too. Doesn't change the fact that they'll be way more consistent over the course of the 38 games and win the title with weeks to spare.

Lost to dundee Utd too

01-01-2015, 07:33 PM
I would LOVE to see a club other than celtic win it but doubt it will happen this season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Fine to say that Celtc will win the league by 20 points, but there is more than one footie expert that would have said that they would be 20 points clear by now.

Mr White
01-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Lost to dundee Utd too
Drew at home to motherwell too.
Fancy a wee charitable wager hc? I'll give £50 to leith links if celtc fail to win the league by at least 10 points. You in for the same if it's more than 10 points?

DH1875
01-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Must be the first time in years that neither rangers or celtic are top of the league on new years day. I'm just gutted its not us.

Jonnyboy
01-01-2015, 07:59 PM

Its a bit of a myth imo.

Arguably, Stokes and Brown?

Mr White
01-01-2015, 08:08 PM

Or John Park :greengrin

bingo70
01-01-2015, 08:13 PM

How many points ahead of us had Celtic just finished above us when they signed Brown?

Is say to suggest we were a threat to them would be pushing it.

jonty
01-01-2015, 08:26 PM
How many points ahead of us had Celtic just finished above us when they signed Brown?

Wasn't the original statement that they weakened teams in the league - not that they bought players who were a threat?
Every player they've bought/tapped up/lured from other SPL teams has left them arguably weaker as they are, almost be definition, their best players. Therefore, weakened them. Sadly the reverse isn't true as they rarely need to sell (unlike The Rangers currently)

No-one has been a threat (in the league) to the infirm for decades.

Jonnyboy
01-01-2015, 09:12 PM

Fair point bingo, as is Jonty's

Steve-O
01-01-2015, 09:44 PM

Stokes, Brown, Agathe, Darren Jackson, Pat McGinlay, Riordan, Chris Killen...the list goes on.

Scottie
01-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Lost a bit o interest in the SPL this season for obvious reasons but hope the challengers to Septic keep it up as long as possible. They make me feel nauseous with the way they have pillaged Scottish talent from other teams that showed any signs of threatening them on the playing field.

HappyHibby93
02-01-2015, 12:20 AM
The way Aberdeen are set up i think they can definitely push celtic. If they could maybe add a couple they could be in with a shout. They've also got a very manager in Derek McInnes. Don't think Dundee Utd winning mentality that you see in championship winning teams. e.g Fergie's utd teams. if they had that mentality they would of beat us in the league cup. I think they'll throw to many points away, like they did at St. Johnstone the other day

Nando™
02-01-2015, 01:35 AM
Apart from the poppy thieves, Aberdeen are the only other team I want to see win anything less than the Old Firm.

Their fans have always come across as arrogant and still live in the 80s.

I would be buzzing for United or Hamilton should they win it though.

hibsbollah
02-01-2015, 07:05 AM

20 points+ clear ? I think thats unlikely. Celtic would need to be close to perfect for the remaining half of the season and both Aberdeen and Dundee Utd to revert to being middle of the table form.

hibeemikey21
02-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Stokes, Brown, Agathe, Darren Jackson, Pat McGinlay, Riordan, Chris Killen...the list goes on.

Laursen

Smartie
02-01-2015, 11:18 AM
If Celtic were to fail to win the SPFL and we were to go up with Hearts it would be the best thing to happen to Scottish football in decades.

Think how many ST's would be sold by us, the yams, United and the sheep if that were to happen? And (relatively) how few for Celtic and The Rangers?

Armageddon indeed.

CB_NO3
02-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Celtic will win the league by 15 points IMO.

PeterboroHibee
02-01-2015, 11:58 AM
I think this is the best chance clubs have had in a long time to win the league. The Celtic manager has been less than convincing (putting it politely), their signings have mostly been garbage, and they still have European football.

For clubs like Aberdeen and United the main thing will be how they handle the pressure if they are still in with a shout in a couple of months. Getting through January without any major player exits will also be important (particularly for United with quite a few players linked to other clubs), but both clubs are in healthier financial situations and may be under less pressure to sell.

I still think Celtic will win it, but Id much rather see someone like United or Aberdeen do it.

green&left
02-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Celtic's last 2-3 starting 11's the only "ex other SPL team players" in their team has been Brown and Stokes.

Is that any different to us say signing Liam Craig straight from St Johnstone? Or Heff straight from Killie? Or Butcher straight from ICT?

If Thomson gets offered £3m for the big chap upfront he'll be delighted with it. However they won't as there is not a hope in hell in Celtic paying £3m for any player in the current climate. Let alone for a semi decent Dundee Utd centre forward.

emerald green
02-01-2015, 12:57 PM
I would be happy for Dundee United and especially Hamilton Accies if either won the league, but not Aberdeen. They are a club, and fans, that I've detested ever since the days of Ferguson, Miller & McLeish.

Realistically though, Celtic will be champions again by maybe 10 points.

Cod Boy
02-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Dont sell them to Celtic simple as that

Sir David Gray
02-01-2015, 08:05 PM
20 points+ clear ? I think thats unlikely. Celtic would need to be close to perfect for the remaining half of the season and both Aberdeen and Dundee Utd to revert to being middle of the table form.

Celtic can reach 99 points if they win every match between now and the end of the season.

Obviously that's not going to happen but I can see them picking up around 80-85 points.

I also think it's possible that whoever finishes second could be on around 65 points by the end of the season.

In hindsight, maybe saying 20+ was a bit much but I definitely don't think the gap will be any less than 15 points by the end of the season.

Any talk of a title challenge by Aberdeen or any other team is nonsense in my opinion.