PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Transfer window (Fyvie In, Heff Out, Done For The Night)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

AngusHibby
01-01-2015, 12:37 PM
What positions are we needing to strengthen in? What players are you hoping we sign? Which players are we linked with?

A permanent GK, and a striker seem a priority. Looking forward to seeing Stubbsy carry on his quality over quantity strategy... maybe pull another Scott Allan out the hat

hibees 7062
01-01-2015, 12:53 PM
What positions are we needing to strengthen in? What players are you hoping we sign? Which players are we linked with?

A permanent GK, and a striker seem a priority. Looking forward to seeing Stubbsy carry on his quality over quantity strategy... maybe pull another Scott Allan out the hat

3 Loanees , 1 from Newcastle and 2 from Everton is what i've heard

Weststandwanab
01-01-2015, 01:44 PM

In which positions ?

Scottiedog007
01-01-2015, 01:55 PM
I see that boy Hope from Everton has signed perm deal with Bury

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30649489

MontrealHibs
01-01-2015, 01:56 PM
In which positions ?

Would not be surprised to see Sinclair, and perhaps Kennedy leave. However, we are currently at the limit.

Hamish
01-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Would not be surprised to see Sinclair, and perhaps Kennedy leave. However, we are currently at the limit.

@Everton: KENNEDY: @MattyKennedy31 will be returning to Goodison after his six-month loan spell at Hibernian ends when they face Hearts on Saturday

GreenOnions
01-01-2015, 03:05 PM
It will be interesting to see what Stubbs tries to do. I would guess he'd like an experienced striker with a physical presence, cover for the right back area and maybe also a goalkeeper.

hibees 7062
01-01-2015, 03:37 PM
In which positions ?

He never said

Weststandwanab
01-01-2015, 04:44 PM
He never said

Would you ask him please ?

number9dream
01-01-2015, 04:51 PM

I'd be pretty disappointed if we bring in three lads on a temporary basis rather than focusing on the development of our own young players.
Kennedy & Sinclair moves have not been particularly successful.

Jan a very tough window but I'd like to think we are planning ahead, with offers to players who will be out of contract in the summer - like McGeouch...

01-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Kinda sad to see Kennedy leave tbh. I know he didn't get much of a chance but I thought he looked promising, bit of pace and not afraid to have a go at defenders.

All the best to him anyway

Hermit Crab
01-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Kinda sad to see Kennedy leave tbh. I know he didn't get much of a chance but I thought he looked promising, bit of pace and not afraid to have a go at defenders.

All the best to him anyway

If he plays on Saturday he might stick the winner away and leave in a blaze of glory. :aok:

hibees 7062
01-01-2015, 05:57 PM
He never said

Certainly

hibees 7062
01-01-2015, 06:08 PM
I'd be pretty disappointed if we bring in three lads on a temporary basis rather than focusing on the development of our own young players.
Kennedy & Sinclair moves have not been particularly successful.

Jan a very tough window but I'd like to think we are planning ahead, with offers to players who will be out of contract in the summer - like McGeouch...

Maybe they are

brog
01-01-2015, 07:47 PM

Unless we have 3 loan players leaving, & I don't think that's going to happen, then I don't believe its possible for us to sign another 3 loanees.

Hermit Crab
01-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Unless we have 3 loan players leaving, & I don't think that's going to happen, then I don't believe its possible for us to sign another 3 loanees.

:agree: The limits 4 is it not?

brog
01-01-2015, 09:59 PM
:agree: The limits 4 is it not?

Thats my understanding. After Kennedy returns we'll only have space for 1 so don't know how we can be signing 3 loanees.

hibees 7062
01-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Thats my understanding. After Kennedy returns we'll only have space for 1 so don't know how we can be signing 3 loanees.

As you said 3 might be leaving

Northernhibee
01-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Heard from a friend who supports them that supposedly the sheep are interested in GMS.

DC_Hibs
01-01-2015, 11:28 PM
Heard from a friend who supports them that supposedly the sheep are interested in GMS.

Classic!!

HoboHarry
01-01-2015, 11:30 PM
Can anyone find the actual rule so we can stop with the "my understanding is" stuff?

Northernhibee
01-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Classic!!

I'll bring you more of the predictions of the sheep when I hear them - I do tend to find Aberdeen a bit cringeworthy! I'd love to see where the 9,000 of the 15000 they had today when they were battling us down at the lower end of the SPL.

number9dream
02-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Can anyone find the actual rule so we can stop with the "my understanding is" stuff?

Max 4 players, 3 of whom must be U21...

We have Oxley, McGeouch, Sinclair - with Kennedy away.

StarMan10
02-01-2015, 09:19 AM
Max 4 players, 3 of whom must be U21...

We have Oxley, McGeouch, Sinclair - with Kennedy away.

Hmm as Oxley is 24 he's our over-21 loan player. A quick google check and I notice Mcgeouch is due to turn 22 on the 15th of Jan. Does this represent a problem or does the rule only apply for when the loan deal is agreed?

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2015, 09:19 AM

That's just their superiority complex talking. Remember when Hearts were going to sig Deek, GOC, Brown, Liam Miller etc?

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-01-2015, 09:45 AM
I'll bring you more of the predictions of the sheep when I hear them - I do tend to find Aberdeen a bit cringeworthy! I'd love to see where the 9,000 of the 15000 they had today when they were battling us down at the lower end of the SPL.

The same thing would be going on at ER if we were about to go top of the SPL. Thats football for you.

bigwheel
02-01-2015, 09:56 AM

The same place the 5000+ Hibs fans are that used to follow us when we were flying too.....people make choices, if the teams perform, they get more people watching them - simple....

IanM
02-01-2015, 10:06 AM
First transfer window in a while where I don't feel like we're having to be desperate and genuinly excited about who we bring in. The scouting system we have seems to be very rigorous so whoever comes in will be for the benefit of the club rather than just because.

These two young lads from Stranraer? would be a nice start. Don't think we have the coinage for a big name but we need to fill the striker position so whoever they bring in i'll be happy about.

greenpaper55
02-01-2015, 10:18 AM
I heard we were after a lad from Livi but St Johnstone offered more- was to rat arsed to remember his name !.

Just Alf
02-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Hmm as Oxley is 24 he's our over-21 loan player. A quick google check and I notice Mcgeouch is due to turn 22 on the 15th of Jan. Does this represent a problem or does the rule only apply for when the loan deal is agreed?

It's based on the players age on the season's official start date.

brog
02-01-2015, 11:06 AM

I'm sure there's a link to the SPFL rules on the Yams points deductions thread. The reason I & others use the term "understanding" is that very few of these rules are clear cut. There's often caveats & references to other rules which is why there are often different interpretations & as I'm not a football administrator I prefer to qualify my comment.
PS, you can also google, SPFL rules, that worked for me! :wink:

brog
02-01-2015, 11:09 AM
As you said 3 might be leaving

I think that's extremely unlikely. Sinclair & McGeouch are on season long loans & AS is pulling out all the stops for Oxley to stay.

brog
02-01-2015, 11:13 AM

81. Subject to these Regulations, a Club (i) shall not during any part of a Season have an
aggregate of more than four Players Registered to it on the basis of Standard
Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined; (ii) of the
Players temporarily transferred to a Club on the basis of Standard Temporary
Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers not more than one shall not be an
Under 21 Player;

As it's the season of goodwill! :wink:

J-C
02-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Remember just because a players comes for a season loan, it can be cut short by the loaning club during a transfer window, so Sinclair may in fact still go back.

Northernhibee
02-01-2015, 01:33 PM
The same thing would be going on at ER if we were about to go top of the SPL. Thats football for you.

Deep down I know that, it's just the amount of Aberdeen fans who only appeared at the time of the league cup final last year declaring how they were lifelong supporters etc. etc. etc. just makes me cringe a bit. Hate the sheep nearly as much as Hertz.

greenginger
02-01-2015, 01:50 PM
81. Subject to these Regulations, a Club (i) shall not during any part of a Season have an
aggregate of more than four Players Registered to it on the basis of Standard
Temporary Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers combined; (ii) of the
Players temporarily transferred to a Club on the basis of Standard Temporary
Transfers and Emergency Temporary Transfers not more than one shall not be an
Under 21 Player;

As it's the season of goodwill! :wink:

Rule 86 excludes any cross border temporary transfers from any quotas. Oxley and Sinclair are cross border, we only have McGeough as a quota loan, from Celtic.

CentreLine
02-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Rule 86 excludes any cross border temporary transfers from any quotas. Oxley and Sinclair are cross border, we only have McGeough as a quota loan, from Celtic.

That may explain why hahahahearts were able to have so many loanees from Lithiania not so long ago

bigwheel
02-01-2015, 02:50 PM
That may explain why hahahahearts were able to have so many loanees from Lithiania not so long ago

To be fair...we joined that loan club a few years ago ourselves.....

3pm
04-01-2015, 08:26 PM
See Dundee United just signed someone from Arbroath. We ain't the only ones looking about down the lower leagues.

CallumLaidlaw
04-01-2015, 08:29 PM
See Dundee United just signed someone from Arbroath. We ain't the only ones looking about down the lower leagues.

Dundee Utd have a pretty good track record. Ours hasn't been great in the recent past, but there's definitely good value to be had in the lower end of scottish football

Northernhibee
04-01-2015, 08:44 PM

The boy they've signed looks very good.

leggeto
04-01-2015, 08:44 PM
First transfer window in a while where I don't feel like we're having to be desperate and genuinly excited about who we bring in. The scouting system we have seems to be very rigorous so whoever comes in will be for the benefit of the club rather than just because.

These two young lads from Stranraer? would be a nice start. Don't think we have the coinage for a big name but we need to fill the striker position so whoever they bring in i'll be happy about.

A fit farid and Dylan and Forster will be like new signings for us,I wouldn't expect Stubbs to go for much in this window

andrew70
04-01-2015, 08:47 PM

Was playing Junior football for Dundee Violet last season. Just shows what can happen if, as a young player, you keep working hard and aiming for the top. Well done to the lad. Also shows there is always wee gems out there in the lower leagues.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-01-2015, 09:01 PM
We still interested in the Stranraer duo?

SteveHFC
04-01-2015, 09:05 PM

His barnet though :faf:

Lmc2105
04-01-2015, 09:16 PM

It's the way that utd have worked for the last few years now, given the likes of Robertson, Macaky Stevens, Gomis, Conway all good players that have made a name for them self at United.

It's good to see that given the scouting system we have now we are looking at the lower leagues also. :thumbsup:

SaulGoodman
04-01-2015, 09:23 PM
It's the way that utd have worked for the last few years now, given the likes of Robertson, Macaky Stevens, Gomis, Conway all good players that have made a name for them self at United.

It's good to see that given the scouting system we have now we are looking at the lower leagues also. :thumbsup:

Whatever happened to Conway? Can always mind wanting to see him at Hibs.

SteveHFC
04-01-2015, 09:24 PM

Playing for Blackburn bud.

Hermit Crab
04-01-2015, 09:27 PM

GMS came from Wick academy or something. They seem to spread their scouts far and wide. It's working for them.

Northernhibee
04-01-2015, 09:27 PM
His barnet though :faf:

Cannae wait for us to get promoted so I can get out my "You're just a poor mans Mick Hucknall" chant.

SaulGoodman
04-01-2015, 09:29 PM
Playing for Blackburn bud.

Playing well? He loved a game against us mate.

HoboHarry
04-01-2015, 09:29 PM

That won't stop some of our in-house "experts" telling us they are underwhelmed when we do so.

Lmc2105
04-01-2015, 09:30 PM

Signed for Cardiff and went to Blackburn mate.

andrew70
04-01-2015, 09:30 PM
GMS came from Wick academy or something. They seem to spread their scouts far and wide. It's working for them.

GMS was at Thurso when a youth but United signed him from Airdrie after spells at Liverpool and Fulham down South. His professional attitude was called in to question down South I am sure.

Jonnyboy
04-01-2015, 09:31 PM

GMS went south as a kid but couldn't settle. Joined Airdrie IIRC and Calderwood had the chance to sign him but didn't think he was good enough. Another reason to hate that tw@t :greengrin

Lmc2105
04-01-2015, 09:31 PM

Agreed given they took the likes of Armstrong & Gauld from the Aberdeenshire area they have scouts everywhere

SaulGoodman
04-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Signed for Cardiff and went to Blackburn mate.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

ballengeich
04-01-2015, 09:42 PM

Simon Murray is the son of Gary, who played for us in the early 80s.

Jonnyboy
04-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Simon Murray is the son of Gary, who played for us in the early 80s.

Who was also a striker but sadly it didn't work out that well for him at ER with only 19 goals in four seasons

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player.php?playerid=6267

3pm
04-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Who was also a striker but sadly it didn't work out that well for him at ER with only 19 goals in four seasons

No the worst return we've had in a 4 year period! :o)

hibees 7062
04-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Agreed given they took the likes of Armstrong & Gauld from the Aberdeenshire area they have scouts everywhere

They took 4 players fae Edina to train with them in East Kilbride , as you say everywhere

Del Boy
04-01-2015, 11:13 PM
Think utd spend a fair bit on scouting but it seems to pay off. Robertson, GMS and Conway could have been signed by any SPL or championship team but United got all 3.

ballengeich
05-01-2015, 09:05 AM

As you observe, he wasn't a great goalscorer. I think we kept him as long as four seasons because his running made space and chances for other people. He was certainly never someone whose effort could be faulted.

brog
05-01-2015, 09:21 AM
As you observe, he wasn't a great goalscorer. I think we kept him as long as four seasons because his running made space and chances for other people. He was certainly never someone whose effort could be faulted.

I liked GM mainly because of his effort as you say but he wasn't a natural goal scorer. A bit like a latter day James Collins TBH! Mind you I was pleased when we signed him & I'm usually very positive re us signing lower league players, such as the great Erich!

scoopyboy
05-01-2015, 01:52 PM
A wee snippet regarding us and Dundee.

The original move was set up last week and it was to be Martin Boyle coming to us and Paul Heffernan going to them.

Heff pulled out at the last minute and it was falling through until Alex Harris got brought into play.

Heff is not TOTP with Stubbsy.

jdships
05-01-2015, 01:57 PM

The original move was set up last week and it was to be Martin Boyle coming to us and Paul Heffernan going to them.

Heff pulled out at the last minute and it was falling through until Alex Harris got brought into play.

Heard same take yesterday . :flag:

Thecat23
05-01-2015, 01:59 PM

That's twice he's done that.

I heard St. Mirren may make a bid for him shortly.

SteveHFC
05-01-2015, 02:02 PM

Oh yes :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
05-01-2015, 02:19 PM
I don't get why Heff is still here. He is obviously quite happy sitting on his wage and not playing, which is infuriating

greenlex
05-01-2015, 02:25 PM
I don't get why Heff is still here. He is obviously quite happy sitting on his wage and not playing, which is infuriating

He will be happy taking a wage. We gave him the contract. He is still in matchdays squads but I think saying he us happy is stretching it. Maybe with Zmalonga away he sees an opportunity to get back playing?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-01-2015, 02:25 PM

:agree:

He costs us a fair bit. Hope he goes this month tbh.

KeithTheHibby
05-01-2015, 02:27 PM

What a tosser. He offers nothing to Hibs and twice he has done that now. What is he hanging around for? Surely moving to Dundee wouldn't have reduced his wages as it was a loan move? Plus it would have put him in the shop window in the top league whereas he is sitting about with us as 4th choice striker?
Strange move and infuriating as someone else said.

CRAZYHIBBY
05-01-2015, 02:29 PM
We are apparantly in talks with an spl club about taking one of their players on a 6 month loan.......paypal me £5 and ill let you know who he is

The Green Goblin
05-01-2015, 02:31 PM
We are apparantly in talks with an spl club about taking one of their players on a 6 month loan.......paypal me £5 and ill let you know who he is

Are his initials LG?

Hibby Bairn
05-01-2015, 02:35 PM
What a tosser. He offers nothing to Hibs and twice he has done that now. What is he hanging around for? Surely moving to Dundee wouldn't have reduced his wages as it was a loan move? Plus it would have put him in the shop window in the top league whereas he is sitting about with us as 4th choice striker?
Strange move and infuriating as someone else said.

Maybe infuriating but hardly makes him a "tosser" !

SteveHFC
05-01-2015, 02:38 PM

Is it who i think it is :hyper

andrew70
05-01-2015, 02:39 PM

He only costs us a fair bit if he plays mate. Sitting on the bench, his basic wage isn't worth sitting around for as a footballer anyway. Having said that he's maybe being offered less by other clubs I've no idea. I'd say he's aware of a perm offer on it's way and that's why he's knocked back Dundee.

Winston Ingram
05-01-2015, 02:40 PM

Why would he not want to go? He's no chance of playing, particularly now Boyle's arrived. Surely it'd be better him getting some game time there as opposed to none here. He must be on a very decent contract.

jacomo
05-01-2015, 02:43 PM
He will be happy taking a wage. We gave him the contract. He is still in matchdays squads but I think saying he us happy is stretching it. Maybe with Zmalonga away he sees an opportunity to get back playing?

I really thought the Heff would make a contribution this season - we only signed him in Sept 2013 and initially he carried on in much the same form he had shown for Killie.

18 months later, and a Division lower, and he has offered very little. AS has given him opportunities, too.

It's clearly not working and it's clearly time to part ways.

Thecat23
05-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Why would he not want to go? He's no chance of playing, particularly now Boyle's arrived. Surely it'd be better him getting some game time there as opposed to none here. He must be on a very decent contract.

His contract is very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
05-01-2015, 02:54 PM

That explains a lot. A further 4/5 months on the bench will no doubt be well worth it as his next deal where ever that is will likely be buttons.

Lago
05-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Are his initials LG?

Here we go again.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-01-2015, 03:05 PM

The_Exile
05-01-2015, 03:09 PM
He's on 1.5k a week plus appearance and goal bonuses.

Source: Football Manager :agree::greengrin

Andy74
05-01-2015, 03:10 PM
That explains a lot. A further 4/5 months on the bench will no doubt be well worth it as his next deal where ever that is will likely be buttons.

Fair play to him, we obviously wanted him enough at the time to give him a contract and if he can enjoy that for another few months before probbaly providing a fair bit less for his family in future then that's up to him.

CallumLaidlaw
05-01-2015, 03:13 PM

The talk in the summer was that St Johnstone were offering him more than he was on with us. Is that bull?

The Hibee Harp
05-01-2015, 03:15 PM
He may well be on a good contract at Hibs but I imagine he wouldn't be out of pocket going on loan, perhaps he would be better off if rumours of him getting bonus money for every minute spent on the pitch...

HibbyKeith
05-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Wasn't Heff part of the venga squad, travelling through from the west for training?

Maybe Perth and Dundee are too far to travel and he doesn't want to uproot his family, for what would probably be his final contract.

St Mirren, Partick, Motherwell or Killie would be a better fit if that was the case. :dunno:

All just my own speculation though.

Thecat23
05-01-2015, 03:22 PM
The talk in the summer was that St Johnstone were offering him more than he was on with us. Is that bull?

Yeah that's utter gash!

ekhibee
05-01-2015, 04:17 PM
We're seemingly interested in 1 or 2 players from QOS, whether we get them is another thing though.

Nevi_SOL
05-01-2015, 04:23 PM
We're seemingly interested in 1 or 2 players from QOS, whether we get them is another thing though.

Holt & Reilly is what ive heard, no idea if true

overdrive
05-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Holt & Reilly is what ive heard, no idea if true

The token QoS fan at work seems to think this is on. He's gutted.

Nevi_SOL
05-01-2015, 05:26 PM

I'd be happy with both these players

Andy74
05-01-2015, 05:28 PM

I thought it was just Celtic that would are to weaken the opposition like that? :wink:

lionrampant63
05-01-2015, 05:57 PM
The token QoS fan at work seems to think this is on. He's gutted.i spoke to Holts dad on sat night & it's on from what he told me,but the lad is signing with an agent,so anything could happen

Alex Trager
05-01-2015, 06:28 PM

What is meant by the 'token' QOTS fan? Gen up

IanM
06-01-2015, 08:22 AM

He gets an exta £10 per minute played as well from Hibs. No wonder he's hanging on since Malonga and Farid are away/out

scoopyboy
06-01-2015, 08:30 AM
He gets an exta £10 per minute played as well from Hibs. No wonder he's hanging on since Malonga and Farid are away/out

Sorry mate but that is so wrong.

Smartie
06-01-2015, 08:33 AM
Is Holt not a left-back?

Certainly a decent player but imo we've already got 2 good left-backs.

IanM
06-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Sorry mate but that is so wrong.

I was told that a few months back by someone within the club. Hadn't a reason to doubt it but it did make sense why he didn't want to leave. Happy to dismiss it though as pish! Not really a major factor mind, wish he'd either pull his socks up or free up a wage for us.

GreenPJ
06-01-2015, 08:37 AM

I struggle to believe he is on big money. If memory serves me correctly Killie made a very quick decision to let him go on the last day of the window (?) and his agent was desperately trying to get him a club - this makes it a buyers market coupled with RP doing the contract negotiations I don't believe his contract would have been big bucks.

As to whether he is any good or not at his age he needs to get some regular game time to keep him/make him sharp and too be fair he hasn't really had that with Stubbs partly due to being injured in pre-season.

The best for both parties is he can get another club but until he moves he is entitled to his money.

Leithenhibby
06-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Is Holt not a left-back?

Certainly a decent player but imo we've already got 2 good left-backs.

Yes, both, Holt & Reilly are 21 and contracts up in the summer............

http://www.qosfc.com/players

GreenOnions
06-01-2015, 09:00 AM

I'm sure your info re Heffernan's contract is correct and I'm just so happy we have another management team in place now.

People used to say that Jimmy Nichol would be great to have as a coach but I'm assuming that it was his recommendation that led to us signing both Nelson and Heffernan from Killie connections. The quality of these two (especially at this late stage in their careers) and the money we spent on them (I still can't quite believe that Nelson even cost us a fee!!) are examples of the decisions that eventually saw us put together a squad with too many journeymen and has-beens. Even before either of them touched the ball when they began playing for us you could see their chronic lack of pace and knew that they'd have to be extremely good to make up for that. They were not. Absolutely criminal decisions.

As a positive aside though - it does back up the view that Rod Petrie backs his managers financially if they want a player/players badly enough. It looks as though Stubbs and his team have something that our recent managers have not had - knowledge and contacts re players in the areas we need to be looking at.

If he can continue to add promising players to the style of football the team are starting to play I'll be a happy supporter.

Edinburgh Green
06-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Was there not talk on here that Holt had signed a pre contract with hearts?

Thecat23
06-01-2015, 10:26 AM
I struggle to believe he is on big money. If memory serves me correctly Killie made a very quick decision to let him go on the last day of the window (?) and his agent was desperately trying to get him a club - this makes it a buyers market coupled with RP doing the contract negotiations I don't believe his contract would have been big bucks.

As to whether he is any good or not at his age he needs to get some regular game time to keep him/make him sharp and too be fair he hasn't really had that with Stubbs partly due to being injured in pre-season.

The best for both parties is he can get another club but until he moves he is entitled to his money.

He's on a very good contract but an even better one when he plays! For every min on the park the cash goes up! I'm astounded Hibs agreed to this deal.

scoopyboy
06-01-2015, 10:26 AM
I was told that a few months back by someone within the club. Hadn't a reason to doubt it but it did make sense why he didn't want to leave. Happy to dismiss it though as pish! Not really a major factor mind, wish he'd either pull his socks up or free up a wage for us.

I don't pretend to know everyone's wages because I don't.

However I do know a few bits and a few of the first team regulars are on £500 starting money.

No way is Heffernan on £900 appearance money.

Irrespective if I'm right or you're right it is without doubt money that is the reason he isn't leaving.

jacomo
06-01-2015, 11:01 AM
I don't pretend to know everyone's wages because I don't.

However I do know a few bits and a few of the first team regulars are on £500 starting money.

No way is Heffernan on £900 appearance money.

Irrespective if I'm right or you're right it is without doubt money that is the reason he isn't leaving.

You mean an extra £500 if they are in the starting 11?

Everyone likes the idea of performance-related pay and then complains when it happens! The flip side of such deals is that if players aren't performing then they don't cost the club as much.

scoopyboy
06-01-2015, 11:05 AM
You mean an extra £500 if they are in the starting 11?

Everyone likes the idea of performance-related pay and then complains when it happens! The flip side of such deals is that if players aren't performing then they don't cost the club as much.

Yes, so say the basic was £1500pw and you started a league match then you would be on £2000.

Not sure about win bonuses these days but a few seasons ago one player was £1000pw, £500 a start and £500 win bonus.

Not getting a game means you would get £1000, playing in a winning team you would get £2000.

Hfc_Since1875
06-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Falkirk seem fairly active at the moment

Signed Mark Kerr, Aaron Muirhead & Rumoured to be signing John Baird

Surprising QOTS have mutually cancelled the contracts of Kerr & Baird for them to sign for what looks like their rival for 4th position

Muirhead impresssed me last season for Partick Thistle as well...Could be a strong finnish to the season for Falkirk!

greenpaper55
06-01-2015, 12:44 PM

Surprising QOTS have mutually cancelled the contracts of Kerr & Baird for them to sign for what looks like their rival for 4th position

Muirhead impresssed me last season for Partick Thistle as well...Could be a strong finnish to the season for Falkirk!

Kerr fell out with the manager so was booted out.

Hermit Crab
06-01-2015, 12:47 PM

Maybe they have replacements lined up?

easty
06-01-2015, 12:51 PM

I couldn't really remember Muirhead, then I thought I did, but I was getting myself mixed up with Muirhead and Taylor-Sinclair, seems Taylor-Sinclair went to Wigan at the start of the season but hasn't been getting a game (dunno if he's been injured), he was a good left back though, I'd no mind us looking to bring him to Hibs if he's not making it down south.

Smartie
06-01-2015, 01:57 PM

Problems in the dressing room at QoS apparently. Baird has caused problems at a few clubs he's been at. Looks like Baird and Kerr are copping the blame for it.

Hfc_Since1875
06-01-2015, 02:06 PM
I couldn't really remember Muirhead, then I thought I did, but I was getting myself mixed up with Muirhead and Taylor-Sinclair, seems Taylor-Sinclair went to Wigan at the start of the season but hasn't been getting a game (dunno if he's been injured), he was a good left back though, I'd no mind us looking to bring him to Hibs if he's not making it down south.

Muirhead is a big centre back who looked decent on the ball and composed

Taylor-Sinclair has struggled to break into a struggling Wigan side as is rumoured to be going on loan to Barnsley (League 1) according to BBC Sport Gossip.

jacomo
06-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Yes, so say the basic was £1500pw and you started a league match then you would be on £2000.

Not sure about win bonuses these days but a few seasons ago one player was £1000pw, £500 a start and £500 win bonus.

Not getting a game means you would get £1000, playing in a winning team you would get £2000.

Cheers for the info.

Can argue about the amounts all day, but the principle makes sense to me - especially when a player is injured.

SMAXXA
06-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Signing another African striker

Haymaker
06-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Djedje apparently. On twitter now from the club!

Hamish
06-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Djedje apparently. On twitter now from the club!

Dual French/Ivorian nationality.

Christian name is Franck so has a lot to live up to.

Might see him on Saturday if Jason's one match ban is not appealed?

big-mo
06-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Franck Dja Djédjé, 28 y/o forward, squad no 29

big-mo
06-01-2015, 02:51 PM
Edvard Skagestad är i Skottland och provtränar med klubben Hibernian

J-C
06-01-2015, 02:53 PM

Top player on FM if that's anything to go by

andrew70
06-01-2015, 02:57 PM

Loosely translated as he is in Scotland and training with Hibernian.

Joe
06-01-2015, 02:59 PM
http://www.nt.se/sport/ifk-back-kan-bli-proffs-i-skottland-10585335.aspx

Brightside
06-01-2015, 03:15 PM

a CB who also plays at RB. Could be a decent injury filler.

dangermouse
06-01-2015, 03:22 PM

Ambition to play for Arsenal! Sound like he might be another good one.

Hibee87
06-01-2015, 03:23 PM
With the signing of boyle and Djedje I assume the American laddie was deamed not good enough?

PatHead
06-01-2015, 03:32 PM
With the signing of boyle and Djedje I assume the American laddie was deamed not good enough?

Did Stubbsy not say he needed someone who was match fit and able to make an immediate impact? Don't think he would have met that criteria but may be considered in future. Hence the chance to train with us.

J-C
06-01-2015, 03:32 PM

Or not fit enough, Stubbs did say he wanted players who could walk straight into 1st team action.

J-C
06-01-2015, 03:33 PM

THink it was said tongue very firmly in cheek.

Smartie
06-01-2015, 03:34 PM

Anyone heard how Benji's getting on at Real Madrid?

Fergus52
06-01-2015, 05:15 PM
Says on his wiki that he was often used as a striker and in midfield as well

portycabbage
06-01-2015, 09:19 PM

THink it was said tongue very firmly in cheek.

As long as it wasn't his Arsenal cheek!

J-C
06-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Says on his wiki that he was often used as a striker and in midfield as well

Looks very versatile, CB, RB, CM and striker if needed.

calamitus
07-01-2015, 08:29 AM

"The 26-year old Norwegian man came to IFK from Ålesund before last season. It was a tough first year in the league. Skagestad played both right and in the middle of the defensive line, but was poked and then and only participated in a total of 18 of IFK's league matches."

Jeez, that must have been some poking

Number69
07-01-2015, 09:28 AM
"The 26-year old Norwegian man came to IFK from Ålesund before last season. It was a tough first year in the league. Skagestad played both right and in the middle of the defensive line, but was poked and then and only participated in a total of 18 of IFK's league matches."

Jeez, that must have been some poking

Definitely not of the Facebook variety.

IrnBru22
08-01-2015, 01:35 AM
Dont know if its already been posted but heard were swapping booth with holt from qots

IrnBru22
08-01-2015, 01:41 AM
Dont know if its already been posted but heard were swapping booth with holt from qots

Also heard that it will be the heff in exchange for kevin holt

Wilson
08-01-2015, 09:11 AM

So it's a case of Holt - who goes there?

FranckSuzy
08-01-2015, 09:39 AM
So it's a case of Holt - who goes there?

:top marks :greengrin

StarMan10
08-01-2015, 09:42 AM

Whilst it's good to get players in without paying a fee giving rivals a player who'd be looking to prove a point is always a slight concern.

andrew70
08-01-2015, 09:46 AM

Their manager will know Heff pretty well so this might be closer to the truth. I certainly hope so anyway.

J-C
08-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Would love it to be Heff but can see Booth being the swap, like for like. Booth's defensive lapses won't go unnoticed and at his age should be looking for regular 1st team football.

Is Holt an attacking WB or more a regular LB? TBH I'd like to see Stevenson given a chance as a DM, good tackler and reads the game well, it would also free up Robertson to be the box2box player he is.

brog
08-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Would love it to be Heff but can see Booth being the swap, like for like. Booth's defensive lapses won't go unnoticed and at his age should be looking for regular 1st team football.

Is Holt an attacking WB or more a regular LB? TBH I'd like to see Stevenson given a chance as a DM, good tackler and reads the game well, it would also free up Robertson to be the box2box player he is.

JC, I enjoy your posts but you keep going on about Booth's defensive lapses. Before this becomes a Net Fact, can you recall any lapses this season or indeed any when he played against us for a victorious Raith last season? FWIW, I thought CB was excellent on Saturday ( & against Sevco ) when he came on playing out of position. He was sound defensively & superb going forward, almost scoring & providing a tremendous (right footed) cross. It must be very frustrating for the player to seize his chance the way he has & yet still get negative, & IMO undeserved comments re his performance.

J-C
08-01-2015, 10:32 AM
JC, I enjoy your posts but you keep going on about Booth's defensive lapses. Before this becomes a Net Fact, can you recall any lapses this season or indeed any when he played against us for a victorious Raith last season? FWIW, I thought CB was excellent on Saturday ( & against Sevco ) when he came on playing out of position. He was sound defensively & superb going forward, almost scoring & providing a tremendous (right footed) cross. It must be very frustrating for the player to seize his chance the way he has & yet still get negative, & IMO undeserved comments re his performance.

I like Booth but as an attacking WB, it's well known he's not the best defensively and it's always been his weakest part of his game. He did well when he came on last week and at RB too, he went forward well and was better with his right foot than Stevenson is but he was caught out a couple of times defensively, one in particular was a header at the back post when he was badly out jumped and the header went narrowly wide. His defensive lapses are his consentration when he goes forward and leaves loads of space behind him, it's a trait he had before going on loan and he still does it, maybe being played as a winger would be a good move for him.

I just feel for the sake of his own career that a move to another club might be best for him.

MacBean
08-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Yams sign a striker called Zeefuik. Not a p*ss take, genuinely called Zeefuik

JimBHibees
08-01-2015, 02:42 PM

First name Iz. :greengrin

Andy74
08-01-2015, 02:44 PM

Makes Nade look like a supermodel.

GreenLake
08-01-2015, 02:47 PM
First name Iz. :greengrin

:greengrin

Stevie Reid
08-01-2015, 02:51 PM

Indeed!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=genero+zeefuik&safe=off&es_sm=122&biw=1680&bih=917&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=bqeuVMGNNLKt7AbVxoDABQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

snooky
08-01-2015, 03:02 PM
I like Booth but as an attacking WB, it's well known he's not the best defensively and it's always been his weakest part of his game. He did well when he came on last week and at RB too, he went forward well and was better with his right foot than Stevenson is but he was caught out a couple of times defensively, one in particular was a header at the back post when he was badly out jumped and the header went narrowly wide. His defensive lapses are his consentration when he goes forward and leaves loads of space behind him, it's a trait he had before going on loan and he still does it, maybe being played as a winger would be a good move for him.

I just feel for the sake of his own career that a move to another club might be best for him.

One thing I like about Booth is that he looks as if he has a bit of class.
In his debut game against ICT he scored a cracker.
Later in the game he side-stepped an attacker in Hibs penalty box and coolly rolled a pass to a midfielder.
Okay, defending is not his strong point but neither was it Whittaker's.

California-Hibs
08-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Is his first name 'What'?

Kato
08-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Booth's problem isn't defending it his positioning. Something that can be drummed into a player and he is slightly better than before he left but still drifts at times. Hope he stays as he has some good attributes.

dchibs
08-01-2015, 03:52 PM
who Zeefuik is he must be some world cup star surely.

Stevie Reid
08-01-2015, 03:54 PM
One thing I like about Booth is that he looks as if he has a bit of class.
In his debut game against ICT he scored a cracker.
Later in the game he side-stepped an attacker in Hibs penalty box and coolly rolled a pass to a midfielder.
Okay, defending is not his strong point but neither was it Whittaker's.

Wasn't his debut (sorry to be a pedant!) but it was a peach - scored a quality goal v St. Johnstone the following season also, so does have quality going forward.

I thought Booth's days were numbered, I've stated on various threads about him in the past that I thought he was suspect defensively and weak in the air, and was very concerned when we had to play him at centre back earlier this season - he did well though. Similarly I thought we would struggle without Gray at RB in the second half on Saturday, but Booth was excellent, especially given he was playing on the wrong side.

Happy for us to retain him.

1van Sprou7e
08-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Wasn't his debut (sorry to be a pedant!) but it was a peach - scored a quality goal v St. Johnstone the following season also, so does have quality going forward.

I thought Booth's days were numbered, I've stated on various threads about him in the past that I thought he was suspect defensively and weak in the air, and was very concerned when we had to play him at centre back earlier this season - he did well though. Similarly I thought we would struggle without Gray at RB in the second half on Saturday, but Booth was excellent, especially given he was playing on the wrong side.

Happy for us to retain him.

Speaking of pedantry, it was against Inverness :wink:

Stevie Reid
08-01-2015, 04:08 PM
Speaking of pedantry, it was against Inverness :wink:

The goal that the poster I was quoting described was against ICT (as he correctly stated) - the second quality goal he scored was v St. Johnstone :wink:

Brightside
08-01-2015, 04:10 PM

He's a proper unit - should be decent signing for them.

Paloschi
08-01-2015, 04:24 PM
He looks massively overweight for a footballer!

What is with their weird Transfer Klaxon thing. Absolute freaks! Words cannot describe how weird they are.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/553212158130266113

:rolleyes:

Houchy
08-01-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm sure I saw Messi on the number 26 bus when I boarded at haymarket👍 I followed him but he nipped into the chippy and evaded me.

Houchy
08-01-2015, 04:35 PM
He's a proper unit - should be decent signing for them.
I heard that the deal was off due to his medical showing that he had that awful flesh eating bug...the poor guy only has 21 years to live.

kevo1875
08-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Certainly looks blessed with a healthy appetite..

mca
08-01-2015, 05:18 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBmb2Syp9Fk

Three Years ago Someone felt the need to make this...

Smartie
08-01-2015, 05:24 PM
He looks massively overweight for a footballer!

What is with their weird Transfer Klaxon thing. Absolute freaks! Words cannot describe how weird they are.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/553212158130266113

:rolleyes:

Utterly bizarre.

A tin of fart gas with a HMFC badge on it, parping out news of lardyboy signings with ridiculous names.

Jack
08-01-2015, 05:31 PM
I heard that the deal was off due to his medical showing that he had that awful flesh eating bug...the poor guy only has 21 years to live.

I thought the punchline was going to be 'he ate the medic'.

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Booth's problem isn't defending it his positioning. Something that can be drummed into a player and he is slightly better than before he left but still drifts at times. Hope he stays as he has some good attributes.

Surely "positioning" is part of his defending ability?

Northernhibee
08-01-2015, 06:20 PM

Positioning won't be a problem for that Zeefuik, he'll be all over the penalty box like :wink:

BoomtownHibees
08-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Positioning won't be a problem for that Zeefuik, he'll be all over the penalty box like :wink:

He will cover every blade of grass

At the one time

Sas_The_Hibby
08-01-2015, 06:32 PM
I'm sure I saw Messi on the number 26 bus when I boarded at haymarket I followed him but he nipped into the chippy and evaded me.

This is only significant if it was an eastbound 26.

Northernhibee
08-01-2015, 06:52 PM
He will cover every blade of grass

At the one time

He'll pull defenders all over the place.

As in they'll be orbiting around him.

Kato
08-01-2015, 07:30 PM

Correct. I meant to say specifically his positioning.

Northern Hibby
08-01-2015, 07:58 PM
They're going with 2 up front him and......
....well him ;-)

But seriously if you're going to go with 1 up front he'd do the job :-(

The_Exile
08-01-2015, 08:09 PM
He's a strong, hungry player.

Hermit Crab
08-01-2015, 08:15 PM
He's a strong, hungry player.

Like nade, he's certainly no stranger to a steak pie and I'm willing to bet he didn't miss many school dinners either!! His new name will be hungry Horace.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-01-2015, 08:19 PM
10 men couldnae carry...

EskbankHibby
08-01-2015, 09:45 PM
They're going with 2 up front him and......
....well him ;-)

But seriously if you're going to go with 1 up front he'd do the job :-(

How very Hearts, lump it up to the big man and hope it sticks.

Apparently Mark Yardley was unavailable.

Jonnyboy
08-01-2015, 09:59 PM
He's just a fat Christian Nade

dmc1875
08-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Celtic preparing a £1.5m offer for Eoin Doyle having had him watched over the last few months...according to the daily record.

Doyle in, Griffiths further down the pecking order. Unreal.

Haymaker
08-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Celtic preparing a £1.5m offer for Eoin Doyle having had him watched over the last few months...according to the daily record.

Interesting

SteveHFC
08-01-2015, 10:41 PM

Sorry not having that. I ****ing love Doyle.

dmc1875
08-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Sorry not having that. I ****ing love Doyle.

I really liked Doyle thought he was an intelligent player but I don't hold him in the same regard as Griffiths.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-01-2015, 04:22 AM
Whats the name of this finnish lad we have on trial?

patlowe
09-01-2015, 06:12 AM
Genuinely not fishing here - I'd be happy to see Hibs nip in and get the Holt lad from Hearts on a bosman. I really like him as a player and wonder if his lack of game time this season is more to do with Hearts', shall we say robust, style of play in central midfield rather than a lack of ability on his part.

andrew70
09-01-2015, 06:39 AM
Genuinely not fishing here - I'd be happy to see Hibs nip in and get the Holt lad from Hearts on a bosman. I really like him as a player and wonder if his lack of game time this season is more to do with Hearts', shall we say robust, style of play in central midfield rather than a lack of ability on his part.

I'd love Hibs to sign Jason as well but I think he's heading down South. Holt is, ability wise, their best player. Leveins tactics make it increasingly difficult for Holt to get a game.

Callum_62
09-01-2015, 06:46 AM
I'd love Hibs to sign Jason as well but I think he's heading down South. Holt is, ability wise, their best player. Leveins tactics make it increasingly difficult for Holt to get a game.

To be fair, Levein/Nelsons tactics is one thing no one can criticise - no player can have any complaints about not forcing there way into the starting 11, as they just keep getting the results

Wouldnt mind us signing Holt though

There was a rumour earlier we were in for 2 of there players

BarneyHibby
09-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Whats the name of this finnish lad we have on trial?Roope Riski according to this source:

http://futis.ts.fi/uutiset/roope-riski-nyt-hibernianin-testissa

Nevi_SOL
09-01-2015, 09:03 AM
He has some goal scoring record.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roope_Riski

J-C
09-01-2015, 09:14 AM

Also a fantastic player on Football Manager the source of all knowledge regarding players. :greengrin

Do we really need anothe striker????????

Hibee87
09-01-2015, 09:18 AM
I am led to believe Riski has been sent home with no deal

Mark79
09-01-2015, 09:19 AM
I am led to believe Riski has been sent home with no deal

Too risky?

Heisenberg
09-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Ross Caldwell has had his contract terminated at St Mirren. Can see him ending up in this league shortly.

Newcastlehibby
09-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Too risky?

Poor 'Finnisher'😱😱😱😱

Kato
09-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Ross Caldwell has had his contract terminated at St Mirren. Can see him ending up in this league shortly.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-mirren/305909-ross-caldwell-leaves-st-mirren-after-agreeing-contract-termination/

jdships
09-01-2015, 11:05 AM

Sorry to see that but not surprised .
He was contemporary with my two lads at EM a year or so back and it seemed to be a well known fact he had difficulty in applying himself to what was needed to be a decent pro footballer.
By all accounts a nice lad but had too many " outside interests" :rolleyes:
Hope things work out fir him nonetheless

Hibby Gav
09-01-2015, 11:27 AM
He was contemporary with my two lads at EM a year or so back and it seemed to be a well known fact he had difficulty in applying himself to what was needed to be a decent pro footballer.

I hope he get it together..... and at least we will always have this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6qpdLMc2ok

erin go bragh
09-01-2015, 02:25 PM

Defo . 52 goals in 100 games . Not too shabby that .

Ggtth

Hibbyradge
09-01-2015, 02:27 PM

:faf:

I genuinely burst out laughing at that. :thumbsup:

Bronson
09-01-2015, 03:14 PM
User Actions
Follow

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/552146116624801793/Leywarlb_bigger.jpegJonathan Hope‏@Jonhopeofficial (https://twitter.com/Jonhopeofficial)

Tremendous talent been offered to #Hibs (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hibs?src=hash) would make the difference in the mid
Retweet
Favorite
More

Then in reply to an interested hibby:

Jonathan Hope ‏@Jonhopeofficial (https://twitter.com/Jonhopeofficial) 18h18 hours ago (https://twitter.com/Jonhopeofficial/status/553309445988823040)
@mashyhfc (https://twitter.com/mashyhfc) League 1 star player mate. Young and would fit in superb
0 replies1 retweet1 favorite Reply
Retweet1
Favorite1
More

Very interesting. Anyone know anything?

Hibbyradge
09-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Very interesting. Anyone know anything?

He's a slaver.

Bronson
09-01-2015, 03:25 PM
He's a slaver.

Who is he? Has nearly 60k followers so I assumed he wasn't just a nobody, although I could well be wrong.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Who is he? Has nearly 60k followers so I assumed he wasn't just a nobody, although I could well be wrong.

Someone on the PM board found these links;

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...d-porn-4403384

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Bronson
09-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Someone on the PM board found these links;

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...d-porn-4403384

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...,d.ZGU&cad=rja

Neither link worked, who is he?

Hibee87
09-01-2015, 03:37 PM

I read a few of his tweets and he made jokes about the Charlie hebo kilings and chad evans......seems a right bell end

Hibbyradge
09-01-2015, 03:38 PM

Try these.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/football-agent-jailed-child-porn-4403384

http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/236715.aspx

Bronson
09-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Try these.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/football-agent-jailed-child-porn-4403384

Oh dear, wish I hadn't bothered.

MartinfaePorty
09-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Ross Caldwell has signed for Morton. My Ton supporting mate just asked me for my opinion. Said he could do well for them if he works hard and doesn't think he's above that standard.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Try these.

DA***? ......why are people even following this paedo

Iggy Pope
09-01-2015, 06:12 PM

Serious question and not a dig - you probably can't say, but these two lads of yours seem to have been around East Mains forever. Are they on the landscaping staff?

Mathias Jack
09-01-2015, 06:39 PM
A Yam mate of mine was asking if we'd signed him, there's a thread on Keekback about it.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/148168-danny-swanson-nhc/#entry4626137

Anyone in the know shed any light on this?

hibees 7062
09-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Serious question and not a dig - you probably can't say, but these two lads of yours seem to have been around East Mains forever. Are they on the landscaping staff?

They're holding the pool table :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Won't be coming to us.....

Billychaotic182
09-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Every year we are linked

Winston Ingram
09-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Hearts tried to get him in the summer and he told him to ram it:agree:

hibees 7062
09-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Hearts tried to get him in the summer and he told him to ram it:agree:

CL made enquiries before Danny signed for Coventry but Danny felt that because he was a well known Hibee that the fans would never take to him and it wouldn't be worth the hassle. From kickback

Aye that was the reason ya deluded pwick

erin go bragh
09-01-2015, 07:51 PM
CL made enquiries before Danny signed for Coventry but Danny felt that because he was a well known Hibee that the fans would never take to him and it wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Aye that was the reason ya deluded pwick

Am i missing something here ? Dont see the need for that reply . Were all Hibbys after all .

Ggtth

Jack
09-01-2015, 08:02 PM
A Yam mate of mine was asking if we'd signed him, there's a thread on Keekback about it.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/148168-danny-swanson-nhc/#entry4626137

I thought they'd just signed a shed :dunno:

CraigHibee
09-01-2015, 08:09 PM
heard today that Swanson was supposed to be coming on loan however, the club couldn't agree to paying 50% of his wages, i don't know what kind of wage he is on down there but obviously too much to sanction paying half of it! i think he is a good player but i would love to see us push the boat out and sign mcgeogh on a permanent basis if we can

Allant1981
09-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Am i missing something here ? Dont see the need for that reply . Were all Hibbys after all .

Ggtth

Was he not reffering to craig levein?

Hibs History
09-01-2015, 09:47 PM

6th time's the charm....

Mathias Jack
09-01-2015, 09:48 PM
6th time's the charm....

True that ha ha

Hermit Crab
09-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Won't be coming to us.....

hibees 7062
09-01-2015, 09:55 PM

Ggtth

Yeah

hibees 7062
09-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Was he not reffering to craig levein?

:agree: Thanks

Andy74
13-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Mark Wilson released by Dundee Utd.

Brightside
13-01-2015, 11:19 AM

is he right footed?

bingo70
13-01-2015, 11:20 AM

Don't know if I'm miles out but would Stubbs and Wilson have been at Celtic together for any period?

My_Wife_Camille
13-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Don't know if I'm miles out but would Stubbs and Wilson have been at Celtic together for any period?
Think they would have missed each other by a good 5 or 6 years! This would be a good signing for a Championship side though

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2015, 11:25 AM

Nah, Wilson signed for Celtic 5 years after Stubbs left.

bingo70
13-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Think they would have missed each other by a good 5 or 6 years! This would be a good signing for a Championship side though

Yeah I was thinking as in was typing it I was talking pish. Wasn't sure how long Wilson was at Celtic for though.

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2015, 11:26 AM
This was printed at 11.08 -
Championship promotion chasers Hibs have been credited with an interest and it’s also known he would like to pursue a career in the media when his playing days are over.

From here - http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/mark-wilson-leaving-dundee-united-1.784822

Brightside
13-01-2015, 11:28 AM
He's a right back...so i assume right footed. Could be a decent short term contract option to provide cover till end of season?

S4uzee
13-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Probably a bit similar to maybury, would rather someone younger tbh

J-C
13-01-2015, 11:30 AM
This was printed at 11.08 -
Championship promotion chasers Hibs have been credited with an interest and it’s also known he would like to pursue a career in the media when his playing days are over.

From here - http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/mark-wilson-leaving-dundee-united-1.784822

Breach of discipline for a night on the Glasgow town, erm maybe he's not the type Stubbs would want at ER, too unprofessional.

Squealing pig
13-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Sign him up I say be a good signing

erin go bragh
13-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Yeah

Sorry bud .

Ggtth

erin go bragh
13-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Breach of discipline for a night on the Glasgow town, erm maybe he's not the type Stubbs would want at ER, too unprofessional.

Was Wilson not helping Zaluskis . Imo he would be great cover for Gray .

Ggtth

Brightside
13-01-2015, 11:52 AM

we have younger in the u20s...im only thinking a short term deal.

KeithTheHibby
13-01-2015, 11:53 AM

Wilson is only 30, hardly over the hill.

S4uzee
13-01-2015, 11:54 AM
we have younger in the u20s...im only thinking a short term deal.

Yeah fair enough. Just used to Gray going forward and overlapping and doubt Wilson would offer that

JimBHibees
13-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Yeah fair enough. Just used to Gray going forward and overlapping and doubt Wilson would offer that

Mark Wilson is a very good player and could easily play at the level we are at. Always seemed a bit injury prone but if fit would be good for us. Could also cover at centre half or left back if needed.

cabbageandribs1875
13-01-2015, 02:05 PM
i see dundee utd have knocked back a bit from sheff utd for GMS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30799180

Dundee United have rejected a bid of £80,000 from Sheffield United for winger Gary Mackay-Steven.

based on watching him last night on the tellybox and another few times i just don't get why some folk drool over his performances(imo):confused:

Squealing pig
13-01-2015, 02:09 PM
80k is nothing but an insult he is at least a 2 million pound player

SteveHFC
13-01-2015, 02:11 PM

Dundee United have rejected a bid of £80,000 from Sheffield United for winger Gary Mackay-Steven.

based on watching him last night on the tellybox and another few times i just don't get why some folk drool over his performances(imo):confused:

Wonder if we should put in a £80K bid :greengrin

jodjam
13-01-2015, 02:20 PM

Out of contract in summer so will never get 2m but I agree 80k is insulting

andrew70
13-01-2015, 02:21 PM

£2 mill? Can I ask you why you think he's worth that much? Flatters to deceive for me and you aren't going to get League One clubs paying that kinda money for a player. Especially not one who is out of contract in the summer.

The_Exile
13-01-2015, 02:25 PM
80k is a ****ing liberty, cheeky *******s.

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2015, 02:36 PM
£80k is a bit cheeky considering they knocked back a £200k bid last week. I like GMS. On his day he is outstanding. He is just very inconsitent at the minute. If he can bring consistency to his game he'll be worth millions

silverhibee
13-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Yeah

nae need

silverhibee
13-01-2015, 02:40 PM

Have they missed a 0 out.

hibees 7062
13-01-2015, 02:55 PM
nae need

:greengrin

Hermit Crab
13-01-2015, 02:56 PM
He's not even our player, why are folk getting all humpty about another team bidding for another teams player? He's out of contract and can sign on a Bosman in the summer if he wants. 80k is better than hee haw.