PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Returning To Everton

carnoustiehibee
01-01-2015, 10:27 AM
@Everton: KENNEDY: @MattyKennedy31 will be returning to Goodison after his six-month loan spell at Hibernian ends when they face Hearts on Saturday

Ozyhibby
01-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Good decision. If we are to have players in on loan, they have to be regular starters. I assume Sinclair will be heading back as well.

Mikey
01-01-2015, 10:30 AM
During the Q&A down at East Mains on Tuesday Stubbs said that there would definitely be players leaving in this window. There's the first one!

He also said that anyone coming in would be first team ready.

Joe
01-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Good players. Lets hope he resurfaces somewhere in the Scottish game as he clearly has a lot to give. Sadly the formation we play doesn't suit him.

Can't fault his effort though.

matty_f
01-01-2015, 10:33 AM
I thought Kennedy looked like a good player but he has been unlucky that Stubbs found a winning formation that didn't suit wingers.

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Loan players that come in really need to be 1st team picks not squad fillers, i had high hopes for this lad but for whatever reasons its just not happened for him.

Ozyhibby
01-01-2015, 10:37 AM
I thought Kennedy looked like a good player but he has been unlucky that Stubbs found a winning formation that didn't suit wingers.

I think if he had an end product, Stubbs would have found a formation that suited him. I just don't think he's good enough.
He needs to leave Everton now and go somewhere he can play every week. It's the only way he will develop.

lord bunberry
01-01-2015, 10:52 AM
It shows how far we've come under Stubbs as Kennedy would have walked into our team in the last few years.

Billy Whizz
01-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't even have him on the bench tomorrow. He's contributed he haw on his last number of appearances. Would have young Lewis Allan or Martin on the bench to give them some experience

lord bunberry
01-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Wouldn't even have him on the bench tomorrow. He's contributed he haw on his last number of appearances. Would have young Scott Allan or Martin on the bench to give them some experience

I'm hoping Scott Allan is on from the start.

AlbertK86
01-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Still think he is one of our stronger players coming off the bench but if AS Thinks this is the best move then I ain't going to argue.

It is hopefully an indication that he has somebody better lined up for Jan.

weecounty hibby
01-01-2015, 11:00 AM

Not trying to be smart, but based on what? Why would you drop Malonga or Cummings?

Billy Whizz
01-01-2015, 11:02 AM

Sorry meant the young player Lewis Allan

Leithenhibby
01-01-2015, 11:03 AM
During the Q&A down at East Mains on Tuesday Stubbs said that there would definitely be players leaving in this window. There's the first one!

He also said that anyone coming in would be first team ready.

That's very encouraging, just what we have been lacking with some of the new bodies that have arrived of late.

Wouldn't even have him on the bench tomorrow. He's contributed he haw on his last number of appearances. Would have young Scott Allan or Martin on the bench to give them some experience

:agree:

Some experience" against them at Tiny. Now that's what you want to get your young career on the go :wink:

Brooster
01-01-2015, 11:04 AM
Kennedy was a strange one. He looked good but very rarely produced much, the final product just wasn't there. Plus we had to pay Everton more if he didn't play, thus being the reason for several substitute appearances late on in games.

Billy Whizz
01-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Plus we had to pay Everton more if he didn't play, thus being the reason for several substitute appearances late on in games.

Interesting Brooster, all adds up

Ronniekirk
01-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Good decision. If we are to have players in on loan, they have to be regular starters. I assume Sinclair will be heading back as well.
Sinclair has had even less first team game time than Kennedy so you would think Stubbs will try and get Southhampton to take him back but his was a one year loan deal .
Stubbs has said he wants three or four players in but who he can shift on will determine that .Assume Stiker to cover for Malomga and Defender who can play right back when Gray needs operation will be the top two priorities . We probably need to keep Booth for cover .
Wonder if he will let Harris go on loan with option of recall at any point as he is getting so little game time and even Kennedy has been coming on as a Sub before Harris recently and Stubbs had already decided Kennedy was going so that says where Harris currently is in his thinking .
Heff needs to go but his form when given oppertunity may have scuppered his chances of getting offer he finds acceptable .

Who else do folk think Stubbs may try and move on or Loan out ?

Billy Whizz
01-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Sinclair has had even less first team game time than Kennedy so you would think Stubbs will try and get Southhampton to take him back but his was a one year loan deal .
Stubbs has said he wants three or four players in but who he can shift on will determine that .Assume Stiker to cover for Malomga and Defender who can play right back when Gray needs operation will be the top two priorities . We probably need to keep Booth for cover .
Wonder if he will let Harris go on loan with option of recall at any point as he is getting so little game time and even Kennedy has been coming on as a Sub before Harris recently and Stubbs had already decided Kennedy was going so that says where Harris currently is in his thinking .
Heff needs to go but his form when given oppertunity may have scuppered his chances of getting offer he finds acceptable .

Ronnie, is Sinclair a year long loan? Surprised we committed to that. Expect Heff to move on, If someone will take him.
Would expect one or two of the under 20's to go out on loan, as Hibs want to promote some of the under 17's for the back end of the season.
George Craig the other day that they're happy with the quality in the under 15'd and under 17's, which is great news

Ozyhibby
01-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Kennedy was a strange one. He looked good but very rarely produced much, the final product just wasn't there. Plus we had to pay Everton more if he didn't play, thus being the reason for several substitute appearances late on in games.

Seriously? Even more glad he's gone.

Ronniekirk
01-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Ronnie, is Sinclair a year long loan? Surprised we committed to that. Expect Heff to move on, If someone will take him.
Would expect one or two of the under 20's to go out on loan, as Hibs want to promote some of the under 17's for the back end of the season.
George Craig the other day that they're happy with the quality in the under 15'd and under 17's, which is great news
Happy New Year Billy . From memory only I thought I was as seem to remember at the time thinking he has maybe seen this guy playing down south at youth or reserve level and seen something in him that makes him want to committ to a year However he was also saying back then he wanted three or four loan players only all on one year deals and clearly couldn't do that with the ox and Kennedy who got six month loans .
But My Memory isn't that reliable these days so could be wrong on Sinclair

JimBHibees
01-01-2015, 11:29 AM

Booth and Heff would be my guess.

HH81
01-01-2015, 11:29 AM
I think booth and Heff will be leaving.

Ronniekirk
01-01-2015, 11:31 AM
Just checked there and article in Bath Chronicle says it was a year long loan at time deal was done .Have no idea of the Journalistic Integrity of that paper but confirms my memory on this one .

Diclonius
01-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Shame, the guy's had no luck. Cheers for the goal against United. :aok:

greenlex
01-01-2015, 11:34 AM
Can't see Booth going anywhere,. Cover for left back and has already covered at Centre Back. Heffs and strange one. We need striker cover for Malonga when he's away so if we can't improve on Heff he might stay too.

brog
01-01-2015, 11:34 AM

Booth is currently the only cover we have for the back 4. I can't see him leaving & Heff will only go if we bring in another striker. Otherwise we have JC only up front for most of January.

Billy Whizz
01-01-2015, 11:35 AM

Forgot about Booth, can't see us letting him go until we get a relplacement in for David Gray, particularly if he goes in for his op soon

JimBHibees
01-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Booth is currently the only cover we have for the back 4. I can't see him leaving & Heff will only go if we bring in another striker. Otherwise we have JC only up front for most of January.

Maybe Stubbs will want better.

Billy Whizz
01-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Just checked there and article in Bath Chronicle says it was a year long loan at time deal was done .Have no idea of the Journalistic Integrity of that paper but confirms my memory on this one .

Happy new year. To be fair most of us didn't want short term loans

bingo70
01-01-2015, 11:37 AM
I don't think his final ball was as bad as people make out. I think he struggled with teams doubling up against him, our change of formation and our lack of good strikers for a bit after Farid got injured.

Good luck to the guy though, I'd have liked to have kept him on but can understand why he's away.

bigwheel
01-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Unlucky not to get more game time....best of luck for the future Matty ! Thanks for your efforts while you were at the club.

brog
01-01-2015, 11:46 AM
We're restricted to 4 loans I believe. If Sinclair & DM are here all season & we obviously want to keep Oxley, then Kennedy has to go if we want to bring in another loanee.

J-C
01-01-2015, 11:48 AM
we're restricted to 4 loans i believe. If sinclair & dm are here all season & we obviously want to keep oxley, then kennedy has to go if we want to bring in another loanee.

who??

hibee_girl
01-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Forgot about Booth, can't see us letting him go until we get a relplacement in for David Gray, particularly if he goes in for his op soon

I think they are waiting until Forster is fit before they let Gray get his op.

brog
who??

McGeouch

J-C
McGeouch

Of course my bad, auld man's memory here :greengrin IIRC his contract is up with Celtic in the summer, we should be looking to tie him up for then or a small fee for transfer now.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2015, 03:22 PM
No surprise to see him go back, thought he offered very little

Hibby_Paul
01-01-2015, 03:41 PM
Quite enjoyed him but hopefully means we can get better alternative for wages instead.

Be concerned if it meant Harris has a more prominent role though as he has been way worse and waste of a player most of times.

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Think he's been extremely unlucky. Looked great in patches before the change of formation. Can fully understand why he's not being kept on though.
Time for Harris to step up. Thought Kennedy looked light years ahead of him whenever they were on the pitch together

Hiber-nation
01-01-2015, 04:21 PM
No surprise to see him go back, thought he offered very little

Agree, no end product and fitness didn't look great.

Bronson
01-01-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm disappointed with this, think he's a real player.

Stuarty27
01-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Think some of the comments are abit harsh.

He defo has ability and has been really unlucky with the change in formation. I think he should of hot a shot up front when Cummings was struggling few week back.

Seemed to get on well with the rest of the team.

He will never make it at Everton but will have a good career somewhere.

Barney McGrew
01-01-2015, 06:05 PM
I think they are waiting until Forster is fit before they let Gray get his op.

They're waiting until after the derby.

He's in for it next week.

Billy Whizz
01-01-2015, 06:07 PM
They're waiting until after the derby.

He's in for it next week.

How long is he likely to be out?

Forster isn't even back in training yet, expect Booth will step in at right back against Falkirk

Barney McGrew
01-01-2015, 06:08 PM

Forster isn't even back in training yet, expect Booth will step in at right back against Falkirk

Not long. Two or three weeks.

Wouldn't be surprised if some defensive cover signs early next week.

J-C
01-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Unless a RB backup is one of the positions being looked at seriously and a player is lined up to sign.

I'm_cabbaged
01-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Agree, no end product and fitness didn't look great.

After playing for 20 against dundee utd he was blowing out his arse.

duffers
01-01-2015, 07:52 PM
I liked him and thought he was quite an exciting player. Just unfortunate at how things panned out for him. Can only wish him the best of luck

01-01-2015, 08:01 PM

I said similar on another thread. Quite liked the look of Kennedy, a player with a bit of pace that wasn't afraid to take players on. Shame he never quite fit in with Stubbs way.

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Overall wasn't that impressed,my expectations were probably too high to be honest, a long way from a first team regular even in our league.

CallumLaidlaw
01-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Overall wasn't that impressed,my expectations were probably too high to be honest, a long way from a first team regular even in our league.

Yeah, not sure where he goes from here. Certainly doesn't appear to have a long term future with Everton unless he drastically improves. Can see him being loaned out the lower league English clubs next

jacomo
01-01-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm disappointed with this, think he's a real player.

Yes, but as a loanee who is not getting much of a look in there is no reason to keep him here.

Good luck to him though, definitely has potential. Cristiano Ronaldo had little end product when he joined Man Utd!

Bronson
01-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Yes, but as a loanee who is not getting much of a look in there is no reason to keep him here.

Good luck to him though, definitely has potential. Cristiano Ronaldo had little end product when he joined Man Utd!

He's a player I feel enhances our squad, worth more game time than he's getting IMO. Always a threat on the ball, he'll go onto good things.

kenny.ff
01-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Disapointing to see the lad go tbh, 1st game of the season v livingston he showed what he was capable of, covered every blade of grass and got abuse from the guy behind me after blowing out his arse after 70mins(if i rember right). Shame he didnt feature more

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-01-2015, 08:49 PM
This loan has looked a bit strange. Stubbs must know the boy well, but he is not a natural fit for the template used to set the team up. He almost seems to be part of plan B.

B.H.F.C
01-01-2015, 08:57 PM
This loan has looked a bit strange. Stubbs must know the boy well, but he is not a natural fit for the template used to set the team up. He almost seems to be part of plan B.

To be fair, I think we kind of stumbled up on the shape we've been playing, started getting a few results and kept it.

Through pre season, and in the first few games we were playing with more width. Harris started the first 4 or 5 games I think. And Stanton was playing out wide as well.

J-C
01-01-2015, 09:35 PM
To be fair, I think we kind of stumbled up on the shape we've been playing, started getting a few results and kept it.

Through pre season, and in the first few games we were playing with more width. Harris started the first 4 or 5 games I think. And Stanton was playing out wide as well.

We played 4-2-3-1 pre season and we looked good but I think Stubbs wanted to get McGeough/Allan/Robertson and Craig into the midfield and the new 4-4-2 diamond fitted us perfectly, unfortunately to the detriment of the wider players as Lewis and Gray have both played very well. I still believe we need to keep wider men as we need another option when the diamond doesn't work but I don't see Harris as our future, he had half a season, injured, then was never been the same since. Was he ever that good? I'd never heard of him till Fenlon played him, a few good games does not make a great player so maybe a loan spell is needed to see if he can recapture whatever he had.

IanM
02-01-2015, 10:12 AM

If Heff does leave I hope thats the last of these ****ty contracts we hand out where they get their wage and additional £10 per minute played..

Swedish hibee
02-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Good Luck Matty :aok: