PDA

View Full Version : Yams Are Hearts Heading For A Points Deduction?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2015, 02:08 PM
i thought Id give you the chance to do the decent thing and delete it yourself. Up to you what you do now.

Cheers, I'll just leave it as it is.

Thecat23
22-01-2015, 02:11 PM
I actually said "cringey" but I got accused of sounding like Keith Chegwin and let's be honest, no one deserves that.

Ok I'm not literally embarrassed, just don't see the point in all this email stuff, each to their own I suppose but as far as I can see there's been no rules broken so why keep on pursuing it?

Oh and them cheating a lot of people out of money and a young player playing a handful of minutes is night and day.

I'd rather be called a Jambo than Cheggers to be honest!! You know he jumps about all day giving it waaaheeyyy always smiling. Then soon as everyone is gone cries himself to sleep because even Keith Chegwin hates being Keith Chegwin!!

As for this thread I've no interest myself 😁

Craig_HFC
22-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Really. Not many more.

I asked before and I'd like to ask again. WHY IS IT EMBARRASSING TO YOU?? (You seem to not want to answer the question)

FWIW it's a pretty apt subject for a forum to discuss how a team (The Yams) cheated decent folk out of money and they are continuing to CHEAT by once again breaking the rules!!

They never have and never will play fair. Once a cheat always a cheat...... In my opinion mind!!

Because it gives the impression that we're as obsessed with them as they are with us.

Although I'd say 'cringeworthy' rather than 'embarrassing'.

SteveHFC
22-01-2015, 02:17 PM
You got it back as it's waaaaayyyy to small for me.

Can you two not take your romantic pish elsewhere? :greengrin

Aldo
22-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Can you two not take your romantic pish elsewhere? :greengrin

Farf!, ;-)

Pete
22-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Because it gives the impression that we're as obsessed with them as they are with us.

Who cares what impression people get. It's one guy doing his thing FFS so why anyone else feels the need to stick their oar in is anyone's guess.

Bringing other people down is usually evidence of self confidence issues.

Aldo
22-01-2015, 02:30 PM
I actually said "cringey" but I got accused of sounding like Keith Chegwin and let's be honest, no one deserves that. Ok I'm not literally embarrassed, just don't see the point in all this email stuff, each to their own I suppose but as far as I can see there's been no rules broken so why keep on pursuing it? Oh and them cheating a lot of people out of money and a young player playing a handful of minutes is night and day.

Breaking the rules is a form of cheating. Cheating is cheating regardless!! As you say each to their own!! :-)

Hiber-nation
22-01-2015, 02:33 PM

Agree with this!

SteveHFC
22-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Agree with this!

and This.

Pete
22-01-2015, 03:38 PM
If you find what he's doing "cringeworthy" then why don't you just butt out and leave him to get on with what he's doing?

Just take pride in the fact that you would never lower yourself to act in this demeaning way.

:rolleyes:

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2015, 03:58 PM
If you find what he's doing "cringeworthy" then why don't you just butt out and leave him to get on with what he's doing?

Just take pride in the fact that you would never lower yourself to act in this demeaning way.

People posting their opinions on a messageboard, it'll never catch on eh?

Pete
22-01-2015, 04:02 PM
People posting their opinions on a messageboard, it'll never catch on eh?

If your opinion involves ridiculing other posters then expect it to be challenged.

Craig_HFC
22-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Who cares what impression people get. It's one guy doing his thing FFS so why anyone else feels the need to stick their oar in is anyone's guess.

Bringing other people down is usually evidence of self confidence issues.

And what exactly are you doing with this reply and the one below?

Because if everyone did that then this place would be extremely boring & quiet.

It's literally what a forum is for so I'll continue to give my opinion if it's okay with you.

TheHarpy76
22-01-2015, 04:06 PM
If your opinion involves ridiculing other posters then expect it to be challenged.

Hey, I got compared to Keith Chegwin.
Don't talk to me about being ridiculed :D

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2015, 04:22 PM

Whats that got to do with your previous post?

Pete
22-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Whats that got to do with your previous post?

Eh? It ties in and you can see where I stand if you read the posts in sequence.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Eh? It ties in and you can see where I stand if you read the posts in sequence.

I dinnae see how telling folk to butt out unless they agree with you is challenging my opinion. You feel free to bash on though.

Pete
22-01-2015, 04:36 PM
And what exactly are you doing with this reply and the one below?

Because if everyone did that then this place would be extremely boring & quiet.

It's literally what a forum is for so I'll continue to give my opinion if it's okay with you.

I'm not trying to bring anyone down.

Your "opinion" is nothing more than saying that you find the actions of another poster "cringeworthy". These actions have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with you and don't effect you in any way so I'm saying that you shouldn't be making such comments as they are unnecessarily disrespectful.

And for what it's worth, Cheggers is a ledge!

Pete
22-01-2015, 04:41 PM
I dinnae see how telling folk to butt out unless they agree with you is challenging my opinion. You feel free to bash on though.

You're mistaking this for a rational argument. All you've done is have a snide, unnecessary dig and I've suggested you were out of order and should stop.

Sorry if any preceding posts caused any confusion.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2015, 04:44 PM
I've suggested you were out of order and should stop.

When was this?

Pete
22-01-2015, 04:46 PM
When was this?

Are you serious?

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Are you serious?

Very rarely. As far as I can see only marinello59 has directly challenged my extremely hurtful bowling club post. Don't see what the fuss is about it really.

Glesgahibby
22-01-2015, 05:01 PM
To the folk who don't like,cringe or get embarrassed by this thread:greengrin
cheers for keeping it up there:aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Cheggers is a ledge!

You've got to be joking are you not? He reminds me of a committee mem.... oops! better not eh?

Hannah_hfc
22-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Slightly off topic but Rangers keeper Simonsen in a bit of hot water...

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14197

TheHarpy76
22-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Slightly off topic but Hearts keeper Simonsen in a bit of hot water...

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=14197

When did he leave Rangers ;)

MSK
22-01-2015, 05:18 PM
You've got to be joking are you not? He reminds me of a committee mem.... oops! better not eh?Think its maybe time for you to give it a rest now eh ..

Pete
22-01-2015, 05:20 PM
Very rarely. As far as I can see only marinello59 has directly challenged my extremely hurtful bowling club post. Don't see what the fuss is about it really.

I suggested you were out of order by saying that those who find Greengingers actions embarrassing should butt out and stop. You replied which suggests that you knew fine well that you were included. I didn't say I directly challenged you.

You might not see what the fuss is about but it isn't really about you.

It's about respect, or lack of, towards another hibby and his efforts regarding a subject he is interested in.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Think its maybe time for you to give it a rest now eh ..

OK. I'm away to do the dishes.

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2015, 05:29 PM

i'm willing to bet he's still with the rangers :agree:

Hannah_hfc
22-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Hahaha, edited now. I'm getting mixed up with keepers... That makes it extremely off topic now!

grunt
22-01-2015, 05:53 PM
That makes it extremely off topic now!Not at all, I would suggest it's absolutely on topic. How was Simonsen to know that this is one of the rules that it's not ok to simply ignore? If the SFA have some rules which teams can ignore at will, and other rules which are rigidly enforced, then no one will know where they stand. He should just say in his defence that he thought it was custom and practice to bet on football matches, and that he assumed he could ignore this rule, like Hearts did regarding their loan deal.

MrSmith
22-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Hey, I got compared to Keith Chegwin.
Don't talk to me about being ridiculed :D

That's twice you said this now, I did not compare you to Keith Chegwin! I described the word "cringed" in comparison to KC!

soupy
22-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Slightly off topic but Rangers keeper Simonsen in a bit of hot water...

If the keeper gets banned, maybe just maybe The Rangers might kick up a stink regarding Oliver.....surely the SFA would listen tae The Rangers :-)

Gmack7
22-01-2015, 06:10 PM
If the keeper gets banned, maybe just maybe The Rangers might kick up a stink regarding Oliver.....surely the SFA would listen tae The Rangers :-)
l was hoping sevco fans were already bombarding the powers that be

WillowbraeHibby
22-01-2015, 06:19 PM
l was hoping sevco fans were already bombarding the powers that be

SEVCO fans are too busy bothering aboot the ref' they have for the Celtic game.... Craig Thomson :greengrin..

2 red cards and a penalty before kick off...

Keith_M
22-01-2015, 06:46 PM
The answer is still no, isn't it.

lord bunberry
22-01-2015, 06:55 PM

I've forgotten the question

bighairyfaeleith
22-01-2015, 07:01 PM

according to my wife

TheHarpy76
22-01-2015, 09:52 PM
That's twice you said this now, I did not compare you to Keith Chegwin! I described the word "cringed" in comparison to KC!

You quoted my post and mentioned Keith Chegwin. I reckon I have enough evidence to sue :D

southern hibby
23-01-2015, 05:49 AM
If the SFA are saying this is a common occurrence for players to go back to their club early and play before the start of the transfer window ( which as they have admitted and we have established hearts have done ).
Can they send of evidence of the number of times and which players teams this has happened to I'n the last 3 to 5 years? Also how many of these players teams asked for dispensation and got it or just played said player because it's the NORM.

This would at least prove I'n my mind it does happen or is complete bull. Not saying the SFA are lying but I think they are being elaborate with the truth.

GGTTH

Anyway

greenginger
23-01-2015, 09:44 AM
If the SFA are saying this is a common occurrence for players to go back to their club early and play before the start of the transfer window ( which as they have admitted and we have established hearts have done ).
Can they send of evidence of the number of times and which players teams this has happened to I'n the last 3 to 5 years? Also how many of these players teams asked for dispensation and got it or just played said player because it's the NORM.

This would at least prove I'n my mind it does happen or is complete bull. Not saying the SFA are lying but I think they are being elaborate with the truth.

GGTTH

Anyway

I've asked Sandy Bryson for this information ( for the last 2 years )

I got a reply yesterday afternoon saying he would have to look out this information, and would be in touch the beginning of next week.

Crazyhorse
23-01-2015, 10:11 AM

GGTTH

Anyway

'Economical'?

Anyway perhaps if acting on this meant that sevco would definitely be promoted they would do something. But the zombies are a basket case who are unlikely to be able to take advantage so I would reckon this is going nowhere.

Craig_HFC
23-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Another one of my posts deleted... can someone explain why only my posts are being deleted?

lapsedhibee
23-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Another one of my posts deleted... can someone explain why only my posts are being deleted?

Maybe because you were suggesting that the admin pricks use post count as a criterion for deleting posts? :dunno:

Keith_M
23-01-2015, 10:29 AM

according to my wife

She didn't say that to me.

:dunno:

carnoustiehibee
23-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Ryan McGowan signing for utd

Craig_HFC
23-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Maybe because you were suggesting that the admin pricks use post count as a criterion for deleting posts? :dunno:

That doesn't explain why the first of my deleted posts was deleted though; I was replying to another poster asking why he thought my opinion was less valuable than another poster and it was deleted which more or less confirmed that my opinion is less valuable than another poster.

That is why I mentioned the difference in post count because, as far as I'm aware, none of his posts were deleted at the time of my post (not checked since).

Anyway it's pointless even mentioning this as no doubt this will deleted too.

wills
28-01-2015, 04:21 PM

I got a reply yesterday afternoon saying he would have to look out this information, and would be in touch the beginning of next week.

I take it it that you've heard nothing back from Mr Bryson?

Glesgahibby
29-01-2015, 06:58 AM

If I was mr Bryson,I would have looked out this information before corresponding to your original email.It surely can't be that difficult to find an example,unless this is the first time?

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-01-2015, 08:23 AM
I see the SPFL positively (and rightly) headhunting the huns but these cheats see to be immune from any investigation.

greenginger
29-01-2015, 08:37 AM
If I was mr Bryson,I would have looked out this information before corresponding to your original email.It surely can't be that difficult to find an example,unless this is the first time?

I got an email from Sandy Bryson at 5.30 PM yesterday. It states,

" I can confirm to you in the last two and a half seasons there have been 153 player loan deals involving SPLF clubs that have terminated out with the transfer windows with players reverting to their parent SPFL Clubs.

As previously stated , this shows that this has become the norm and is not therefore exceptional. "

Got to say I can't think of any other.

wills
29-01-2015, 08:46 AM

" I can confirm to you in the last two and a half seasons there have been 153 player loan deals involving SPLF clubs that have terminated out with the transfer windows with players reverting to their parent SPFL Clubs.

As previously stated , this shows that this has become the norm and is not therefore exceptional. "

Unless he is willing to provide names I think this has ran its course. Good work GG at least you tried

Kato
29-01-2015, 09:10 AM

How many of those subsequently played in games for their parent club before the transfer window re-opened?

Juice-Terry
29-01-2015, 09:35 AM
How many of those subsequently played in games for their parent club before the transfer window re-opened?

THE question to ask next.

greenginger
29-01-2015, 09:44 AM

Good question, will be asked along with a request for a few names who made the return.

Also , what Bryson says is totally at odds of what the SPFL said when I queried the Jack Walker early return because they needed a goalkeeper.

Then it was the exceptional circumstances, one-off, never considered for outfield players story.

TrinityHibs
29-01-2015, 09:46 AM

Were they all terminated by the parent club?

Aldo
29-01-2015, 09:49 AM
I got an email from Sandy Bryson at 5.30 PM yesterday. It states, " I can confirm to you in the last two and a half seasons there have been 153 player loan deals involving SPLF clubs that have terminated out with the transfer windows with players reverting to their parent SPFL Clubs. As previously stated , this shows that this has become the norm and is not therefore exceptional. " Got to say I can't think of any other.

Just because it's the norm doesn't mean to say it's right.

I personally think that clubs that have been punished in the past for this could have a grievance of sorts because it's the norm.

Complete and utter joke. What is the point of having rules if they are no adhered to??

Glesgahibby
29-01-2015, 10:52 AM

Well done GG for sticking with this :top marks
As I stated before"he could easily have given you this info after your first email"
1)153 players over 5 windows =30+ players a window.
2)how many clubs know they can do this.
3)If a major spfl club has done this before then I'm sure someone would remember it.
could it be that the reason these players return is more to do with injury/discipline and not to play?

Jim44
29-01-2015, 10:57 AM
The SFA and rules is a bit of a joke. I'm sure they've even got an unwritten rule that new rules won't always apply in the first year of their existence.

jacomo
29-01-2015, 10:57 AM

Well, I have to say this is news to me. My understanding was that loans lasted from one transfer window to the next, and a player could only make one move from one window to the next. Unless 'exceptional circumstances' prevailed.

Turkish Green
29-01-2015, 11:05 AM

God loves a trier and you certainly tried, GG.

If Sandy Bryson is correct then the precedence has been set. But why can't the SFA amend their rules, then there would be no ambiguity in interpretation.

Keith_M
29-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Soooo, the answer to the OP's question is still no then......................

JimBHibees
29-01-2015, 12:05 PM

You could see that sort of number if for example the player gets injured and the parent club want to make sure they are dealing with the subsequent treatment. The question as Kato says is how many then played for the parent club prior to the next window opening. My guess would be very few if any at all.

SteveHFC
29-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Is this thread still going on :faf:

Moulin Yarns
29-01-2015, 12:22 PM
This means Dundee Utd can ask for Watson back in March and we have to comply?! or we can ask Booth to come back in a months time.

total mockery of the rules, if indeed they are rules and not guidelines.

Or indeed Hull can recall Mark Oxley anytime they want.....

Oh wait a minute.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2799521/hibs-boss-stubbs-insists-bruce-t-recall-loan-stopper-oxley-january-hull-facing-eeper-crisis.html

StevieC
29-01-2015, 01:35 PM
This means Dundee Utd can ask for Watson back in March and we have to comply?! or we can ask Booth to come back in a months time.

I would guess that it needs both clubs to agree (I could be wrong, but it makes sense). The down side of that is it puts undue pressure on the smaller clubs (that often depend on loans) to agree to the demands of the larger clubs. If they don't agree then they may not get loaned players from that club in the future. If the SPFL/SFA were to actually stick to the rules then it would mean that small clubs were not pressured to release early, in the way that Steve Bruce was talking about bringing Oxley back.

JimBHibees
29-01-2015, 01:48 PM
I would guess that it needs both clubs to agree (I could be wrong, but it makes sense). The down side of that is it puts undue pressure on the smaller clubs (that often depend on loans) to agree to the demands of the larger clubs. If they don't agree then they may not get loaned players from that club in the future. If the SPFL/SFA were to actually stick to the rules then it would mean that small clubs were not pressured to release early, in the way that Steve Bruce was talking about bringing Oxley back.

Exactly why the rules should be strictly adhered to and then only terminated in genuine exceptional circumstances by a Neutral committee as the rules clearly suggest.

lapsedhibee
29-01-2015, 02:04 PM
If the SPFL/SFA were to actually stick to the rules then it would mean that small clubs were not pressured to release early, in the way that Steve Bruce was talking about bringing Oxley back.

So, like Hibs?

LTYF!

Kato
29-01-2015, 02:12 PM
The SFA and rules is a bit of a joke. I'm sure they've even got an unwritten rule that new rules won't always apply in the first year of their existence.

Is that unwritten rule in effect now or does it have wait a year before it comes into effect? Franz Kafka must be a clerk in their offices.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2015, 02:27 PM

total mockery of the rules, if indeed they are rules and not guidelines.

Or indeed Hull can recall Mark Oxley anytime they want.....

Oh wait a minute.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2799521/hibs-boss-stubbs-insists-bruce-t-recall-loan-stopper-oxley-january-hull-facing-eeper-crisis.html

Oxley's loan deal is between two different countries (as far as football is concerned anyway) which is where I believe the difference lies.

Turkish Green
29-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Oxley's loan deal is between two different countries (as far as football is concerned anyway) which is where I believe the difference lies.

This. Hull tried to recall him (as an emergency keeper) in October but were thwarted due to it being a cross border loan.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Is this thread still going on :faf:

Careful now! ;-)

Nae suitable gifs for the thread?

CiscoKid
29-01-2015, 07:25 PM

It must depend on the terms of the loan, if you are taking on the players wages, the club offering the loan can probably demand some guarantees but I can't imagine a part-time team like Stenhousmuir being able to take on much if any of the wage of a full time player, they will not even be able to give him full time training. So I would guess, the smaller clubs are just delighted to get a decent/promising player on loan and have to agree with the terms on offer.

I'm sure we are paying some if not all of Oxley's wage which must gives us some guarantees on the loan, you would think we would need those guarantees given he is our first team keeper and we could be screwed if he was recalled at anytime.

ancient hibee
29-01-2015, 07:27 PM
If a player goes on loan to a part time club he normally continues to train with his full time club apart from on the part time club's training days.

greenginger
17-02-2015, 03:08 PM

GGTTH

Anyway

I got a reply from Sandy Bryson today regarding other players who had loan deals ending between windows and playing again for their parent clubs before the next transfer window opened.

He confirms that

" he has identified several players that fall into this category involving clubs across the Scottish Professional football Leagues. "

BUT .....

Due to data protection issues he cannot tell me the players names !

I have replied asking the club involved as I could then check the information myself.

You guessed it, he can't tell me that either, because of data protection issues. :confused:

JimBHibees
17-02-2015, 03:16 PM
I got a reply from Sandy Bryson today regarding other players who had loan deals ending between windows and playing again for their parent clubs before the next transfer window opened.

He confirms that

" he has identified several players that fall into this category involving clubs across the Scottish Professional football Leagues. "

BUT .....

I have replied asking the club involved as I could then check the information myself.

You guessed it, he can't tell me that either, because of data protection issues. :confused:

He could easily list the number of the transfers without naming the players just given an indication of the loads of similar cases he stated previously. Dont really get why this would be covered under any data protection laws as this is all public domain stuff anyway. He is making it up as he goes along for sure.

SteveHFC
17-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Is this thread still going on :hilarious

greenginger
17-02-2015, 03:37 PM

It will be as long as people want to post on it ! :na na:

Kavinho
17-02-2015, 03:43 PM

I've quite enjoyed it. Cheers GG

Funny that the are any data protection concerns about releasing that info!!

Keith_M
17-02-2015, 03:44 PM

TBF, it only re-surfaced because GG gave us an update on the situation.

However I can't help but think he's flogging a dead horse.

CropleyWasGod
17-02-2015, 03:45 PM

Flogging?

I thought the chap was only loaned.....

:confused:

Keith_M
17-02-2015, 03:46 PM
Flogging?

I thought the chap was only loaned.....

:confused:

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/rolleyes2.gif

Jeez, and I thought MY jokes were bad

:greengrin

hibbytam
17-02-2015, 03:59 PM
I've quite enjoyed it. Cheers GG

Funny that the are any data protection concerns about releasing that info!!

I can't imagine that there would be any data protection issues, particularly given that all the information about player transfers will be in the public domain anyway.

I think this saga shows the problem with Scottish football, and indeed most football governance, in that they seem to have a reluctance to be open with the people who are paying them money(ie us, through the clubs). This thread shouldn't be going because it should have been answered fully months ago, because it is (relatively speaking) a trivial matter. Openness and transparency don't seem to be high on their agendas.

Phil D. Rolls
17-02-2015, 04:07 PM

I hate that sort of thing.:agree:

greenginger
17-02-2015, 04:18 PM

The horse is long dead and the carcase putrefied.

Today's email from Sandy Bryson was the first I've heard from him since his January note that it would take time to get the information that he can't tell me. :confused:

For me, its a case of accepting any old tosh authorities want to palm you off with, or keep nipping until a credible explanation is given.

I prefer the second option.

Smartie
17-02-2015, 04:30 PM
I initially thought that this was a cringeworthy pile of nonsense. They've won the league, fair is fair and we need to concentrate on our own game rather than worry about anything that that Tynecastle mob are up to.

I have been quite impressed by greenginger's tenacity and I think he may be uncovering something here.

It seems to me like he's giving this boy Bryson the runaround. This hiding behind "data protection" sounds like pure guff. Surely the information is out there anyway? You would just have to know where to look? He's at it imo.

There are times when rules need to be treated as basic guidelines with a bit of give and take and there are times when rigid rules need to be enforced. There does seem to be a real "laissez-faire" attitude from the authorities here.

The fact is if they don't stick to the rules they are open to all sorts of abuse from the more cynical clubs in our midst (The Rangers, HoMFC).

I don't expect Hearts to be docked points. But I am quite enjoying the thought of some knob at the SFA/SPFL/whatever getting all hot under the collar after being put under pressure by a single fan with a bit of time on his hands trying to keep him on his toes. It's all reading out a bit like an episode from "Bob Servant".

kaimendhibs
17-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Data protection rules.....really. I smell do do

HoboHarry
17-02-2015, 04:40 PM
The horse is long dead and the carcase putrefied.

Today's email from Sandy Bryson was the first I've heard from him since his January note that it would take time to get the information that he can't tell me. :confused:

For me, its a case of accepting any old tosh authorities want to palm you off with, or keep nipping until a credible explanation is given.

I prefer the second option.

Have you considered asking UEFA for clarification?

Springbank
17-02-2015, 05:42 PM

That's a very good call - the sfa reply reeks of inaccuracy

I can see no reason for data protection as you're not seeking any commercially sensitive or personal data - just club names & the number of transactions (given that his previous emails had said this was so frequent that there would be numerous examples)

A call to uefa seems the logical next step

Gmack7
17-02-2015, 05:58 PM
That's a very good call - the sfa reply reeks of inaccuracy

I can see no reason for data protection as you're not seeking any commercially sensitive or personal data - just club names & the number of transactions (given that his previous emails had said this was so frequent that there would be numerous examples)

A call to uefa seems the logical next step

😀👍come on GG.It's the logical step ,bryson seems to be a bumbling oaf

greenginger
17-02-2015, 06:58 PM

I don't think UEFA would get involved in a trivial matter, which this really is. What really p*ssed me off is, the everything is OK, quite normal , just take our word for it , response from the football authorities.

Small clubs like Livi and Peterhead get thumped for rule breaches yet time and again we have seen the Yams do as they please and the same authorities make up rules to suit.

I did get a nice personal letter from Stewart Regan a couple of weeks back, assuring me all my questions would be answered.

Time for a reply !

O'Rourke3
17-02-2015, 07:11 PM
I don't think UEFA would get involved in a trivial matter, which this really is. What really p*ssed me off is, the everything is OK, quite normal , just take our word for it , response from the football authorities.

Small clubs like Livi and Peterhead get thumped for rule breaches yet time and again we have seen the Yams do as they please and the same authorities make up rules to suit.

I did get a nice personal letter from Stewart Regan a couple of weeks back, assuring me all my questions would be answered.

Time for a reply !
Can GG not write to them I under Freedom of information? There's no data protection issue there. Pure p1sh.

PatHead
17-02-2015, 07:58 PM

Time for a reply !

Do you know anyone involved in an official capacity at a club. Perhaps they could write on your account. Surely the SFA would have to answer them.

Bostonhibby
17-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Presumably he can tell you which part of the act he is restrained by? Public domain information that players were on loan and presumably the same with their return. No personal data that was volunteered up as part of the transaction with Bryson and nothing that is unknown or protected is being sought?

Sir David Gray
17-02-2015, 08:00 PM
How can it be against data protection laws to disclose something which should be widely available in the media? :confused:

If a player returns to his parent club during a loan spell, it's posted on the internet, in newspaper articles, on the TV etc.

That's just nonsense.

HoboHarry
17-02-2015, 08:37 PM

Time for a reply !
I can't imagine that a breach of transfer window rules would be a trivial matter to UEFA to be honest. If it was indeed that......

monarch
17-02-2015, 09:28 PM
The SFA have rules relating to

Loan procedures
Punishment of clubs relating to crowd behaviour involving bigotry
Directors/owners having to be fit and proper

Integrity rules - so obviously the SFA will deal with any breaches of the above without fear or favour :greengrin

Oh wait ------!!!!

Why don't they just tear up their rules. As for loan details being covered by the Data Protection Act, I worked for years with data subject to the Act and can state that the guy at the SFA is splaffing a load of nonsense.

CentreLine
17-02-2015, 10:05 PM

He confirms that

BUT .....

You have to think that he would need to release the information under freedom of information. No? :dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
17-02-2015, 10:11 PM
The data protection act is something that's spouted by someone that doesn't know the answer.

Speedy
17-02-2015, 10:22 PM
You have to think that he would need to release the information under freedom of information. No? :dunno:

Would the spfl count as a public body?

I thought it was just tax funded stuff.

Glesgahibby
18-02-2015, 06:09 AM
How can it be against data protection laws to disclose something which should be widely available in the media? :confused:

If a player returns to his parent club during a loan spell, it's posted on the internet, in newspaper articles, on the TV etc.

That's just nonsense.
Its funny but if you search the internet/news/tv regarding loans returning early,the only one you can find is Oliver's :confused:

buktapurple79
18-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Well done to Mikey and greenginger on this thread - leave no stone unturned when it comes to these cheating yams. Was giving a Yam a hard time at work about their sharp practises and got called a saddo - pot calling kettle, hello, support a team that claims to have won WW1 and thiefs of poppy sellers - absolute lowlifes:agree:

wills
18-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Why don't you approach Frank Dougan or Amit Moudgil they might raise the question with LD who can ask for clarity on the issue

Pete
18-02-2015, 05:00 PM

Bump

:cool2:

Cool_Hand_Luke
18-02-2015, 06:00 PM
The data protection act is something that's spouted by someone that doesn't know the answer.

Or by someone that knows the exact answer...and doesn't want to reveal it :agree: