PDA

View Full Version : Who would you have back?

big-mo
31-12-2014, 11:40 AM
After watching SPFL games on the tele, there are quite a few ex Hibs players playing for other teams in the top flight but I am not sure if I would have any of them back. James McPake, Kevin Thompson, David Wotherspoon, Kevin McBride, John Rankin, Martin Canning, Mickael Antoine-Curier, Paul Cairney, Sean Welsh, Mark Brown, Ross Caldwell can all stay where they are as far as I am concerned. There are two exceptions playing in the Premiership, Scott Brown and Sparky.
As for the Championship, they can all stay including Kenny Miller and Dean Shiels.

There are a few English based players that I would be happy to see back, Fletcher, and Whitaker for starters, Others that would be maybes, Ricardo Vaz Tê, Clayton Donaldson, Eoin Doyle.

I may have missed a few others still playing in Scotland.

Who would you have back at Easter Road? ( they have to be still playing, so no to Sauzee etc)

The Hibee Harp
31-12-2014, 11:45 AM
After watching SPFL games on the tele, there are quite a few ex Hibs players playing for other teams in the top flight but I am not sure if I would have any of them back. James McPake, Kevin Thompson, David Wotherspoon, Kevin McBride, John Rankin, Martin Canning, Mickael Antoine-Curier, Paul Cairney, Sean Welsh, Mark Brown, Ross Caldwell can all stay where they are as far as I am concerned. There are two exceptions playing in the Premiership, Scott Brown and Sparky.
As for the Championship, they can all stay including Kenny Miller and Dean Shiels.

There are a few English based players that I would be happy to see back, Fletcher, and Whitaker for starters, Others that would be maybes, Ricardo Vaz Tê, Clayton Donaldson, Eoin Doyle.

I may have missed a few others still playing in Scotland.

Who would you have back at Easter Road? ( they have to be still playing, so no to Sauzee etc)

I would agree with all of the above. I would also take Ben Williams back.

Hibeesmad
02-01-2015, 03:31 AM
Jorge Claros with Scott Allan in the middle...

spike220
02-01-2015, 03:39 AM
Jorge Claros with Scott Allan in the middle...

Sparky & Claros.

Only others I'd consider are Deegan & Doyle (squad players).

timewilltell
02-01-2015, 08:08 AM
None.. Time to move on and build things the Stubbs way!

Forza Fred
02-01-2015, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure there are many examples of where returning players are an overwhelming success for any club.

The most recent examples would be Miller and Boyd at Rangers.

Once gone better to forge new pathways I believe

horseflesh
02-01-2015, 11:58 AM
It is a rare player indeed that gets released by hibs then goes on to make us regret it.
Our teams over the years are full of players that we say "I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere" or "doesn't suit the system"
Truth is we all know pretty quickly that they aren't gonna cut it but we like to give them a chance (homegrown lads always get a bit longer with the fans)

Thecat23
02-01-2015, 12:20 PM
None.

Squealing pig
02-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Antoine courier would have him back as he is playing well for a team top end of the table. Also eoin Doyle Purely for squad depth reasons

duffers
02-01-2015, 01:14 PM
None.

Obviously wouldn't happen, but if Hibs were offered Fletch back you wouldn't want him:confused:?

Thecat23
02-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Course I'd take fletch but he's as realistic as getting Latapy to play again. I'm more on about Kenny, Deeks, Etc.. Ones who we could get!

I would have taken Kenny start of the season but not now. Coaching Role helping the kids I think would be a good role for him but then we seem to be doing well there so.

I fully trust Stubbs and his team to bring in guys right for us.

Holmesdale Hibs
02-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Only players I'd have back are ones that we'd have no chance of getting. One's I can think of are

Scott Brown
Stephen Flether
LG
Stephen Whittaker
Ricardo Vaz Te

And maybe

Ben Williams
Clayton Donaldson
Gary Caldwell

keep the faith
02-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Sparky & Claros.

Deegan!!!????

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Alex Harris, that Boyle fella has been pish since he signed.

Scouse Hibee
02-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Everyone because they are always remembered as being far better than they ever were.

HibbyAndy
02-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Jorge Claros.

jdships
02-01-2015, 11:06 PM
None.. Time to move on and build things the Stubbs way!

That's it for me :agree::thumbsup:
Why look over your shoulder
:flag:

hibees 7062
02-01-2015, 11:37 PM
Deegan!!!????

:agree: Just for the Rangers games . Him v half an hour mick , ohhhh yes :casper:

Centre Hawf
03-01-2015, 03:33 AM
Doyler would 100 percent walk into our team right now. Finally getting to play up top for a club and he's banging them in.

California-Hibs
03-01-2015, 05:16 AM
Sparky & Claros.

Gary.....Deegan?!?! ...Do you not remember him?

HH81
03-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Doyler would 100 percent walk into our team right now. Finally getting to play up top for a club and he's banging them in.

I was going to say the same thing but no need now.

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2015, 08:26 AM
Claros & Griffiths

Aldo
03-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Claros & Griffiths

What he said!!