31-12-2014, 03:36 AM
on the verge of amove to Brentford for 1 million

Looks a player to me too

Nicky Law interesting Huudersfield too

Interesting times at Ibrox!

BT58
31-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Many more to join the Exodus.
Doubt it will go to player pot. Sallies pay off ???

Hermit Crab
31-12-2014, 05:58 AM
If lee Wallace had any ambition to play for Scotland he'd be away down south as well. Rangers just holding him back and he can't be enjoying his time there can he?

Ringothedog
31-12-2014, 06:25 AM
If lee Wallace had any ambition to play for Scotland he'd be away down south as well. Rangers just holding him back and he can't be enjoying his time there can he?

Perfect move would be to us. We need a quality left back. Pity we couldn't afford to buy him or pay the wage he would want.

Hibernian Verse
31-12-2014, 06:48 AM
Perfect move would be to us. We need a quality left back. Pity we couldn't afford to buy him or pay the wage he would want.

Not happy with Stevenson this season?

Ringothedog
31-12-2014, 07:00 AM
Nothing wrong with Stevenson. A football club should always be looking to improve. Lee Wallace would improve us.

Hibernian Verse
31-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Nothing wrong with Stevenson. A football club should always be looking to improve. Lee Wallace would improve us.

Indeed he would, shame about the wages as you say. Not sure who else we could go for in Scotland.

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2014, 08:13 AM
Many more to join the Exodus.
Doubt it will go to player pot. Sallies pay off ???
It'll go towards paying the bills.

oneone73
31-12-2014, 08:14 AM

Now there's a novelty.

southsider
31-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Never thought i would have seen the day when Brentford take the rangers best player.

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Never thought i would have seen the day when Brentford take the rangers best player.
5th in the Championship IIRC.

southsider
31-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Agreed, but we are not talking Man U or Chelsea here. More Hackney dugs than Ascot races. lol

Hibby Bairn
31-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Watched a bit of Derby v Leeds last night. Not convinced standard is any better than SPL.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2014, 08:31 AM
If the The Rangers did not have such an inflated opinion of themselves they would not be in this mess again. Rather than just look to get back to the SPL, they obviously thought that Cup Finals would still come along and so the big money wages were still required.

Just Alf
31-12-2014, 08:39 AM
Medical passed :aok:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11788/9625654/transfer-news-brentford-set-to-sign-lewis-macleod-from-rangers

BSEJVT
31-12-2014, 08:42 AM

Disagree

There is no question that the Lee Wallace that left Hearts would improve us massively

I think the current Lee Wallace is pitiful by comparison and is a prime example of the outcome of putting money before ambition.

allezsauzee
31-12-2014, 09:21 AM
Disagree

There is no question that the Lee Wallace that left Hearts would improve us massively

I think the current Lee Wallace is pitiful by comparison and is a prime example of the outcome of putting money before ambition.

To be fair to him, he's playing in a shambles of a team. He made a bad career decision to join The Rangers and as a result has been playing against part timers for a clueless management team during some of the most important years for his footballing development.

Eyrie
31-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Story I heard at the time was that Wallace was settled up here, so wanted to stay at Ibrox when the old club died.

The Hibee Harp
31-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Whilst I understand the need for Rangers to agree a deal with Brentford to get cash in the door, I find it surprising that MacLeod is not aiming higher (I appreciate Brentford are doing well just now however).

emerald green
31-12-2014, 12:01 PM

:agree: And thus avoiding going into administration again. :boo hoo:

emerald green
31-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Watched a bit of Derby v Leeds last night. Not convinced standard is any better than SPL.

It may well not be, but that's where the money is I'm afraid.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Wallace should have went down south when Rangers died. What a massive opportunity lost. Whitty, McGregor and Naismith all moved down and played regular football in one of the best leagues in the world. All have continued to regularly play for Scotland. The improvement in Naismith is quite incredible.
For some unknown reason, Wallace felt a sense of loyalty towards the defunct Rangers and traipsed down to Division 3 with them. Since then, he's lost any chance of representing his country, put on about a stone in weight and lost so much of the talent and promise that he had shown. Absolutely diabolical decision by him and his agent

Bronson
31-12-2014, 12:30 PM
This exodus is good news for us, they continue to weaken as we grow stronger, happy days.

AgentDaleCooper
31-12-2014, 12:54 PM

...unless we pap them in the playoffs. Heh heh heh...

ballengeich
31-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Story I heard at the time was that Wallace was settled up here, so wanted to stay at Ibrox when the old club died.

From what I heard it was his missus who refused to move to a strange city, with no friends or family nearby, around the time their first child was due. If that's the case he put his family before his own ambitions, which isn't discreditable.

hibs0666
31-12-2014, 01:08 PM
This exodus is good news for us, they continue to weaken as we grow stronger, happy days.

I'm expecting the huns to use loans in order to strengthen during the transfer window.

Bronson
31-12-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm expecting the huns to use loans in order to strengthen during the transfer window.

January loans tend to be complete dross, we know this from vast experience over the last few years.

I thought they'd maybe recall some young players they have out on loan but I see Barrie Mckay has extended his loan with Raith till the end of the season, strange one.

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Why are none of our young players attracting attention from teams down South, is Macleod really that good, he has been plying his trade in the lower leagues with The Rangers so he really hasn't had time playing at a high level in Scotland, is he another Fleck who was built up as the next best thing to come out of Rangers but didn't really live up to the hype around him.

I'm not suggesting we start selling our young players with potential but it would be good to see other clubs showing a interest in them for there potential just like Macloed.

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Why are none of our young players attracting attention from teams down South, is Macleod really that good, he has been plying his trade in the lower leagues with The Rangers so he really hasn't had time playing at a high level in Scotland, is he another Fleck who was built up as the next best thing to come out of Rangers but didn't really live up to the hype around him.

I'm not suggesting we start selling our young players with potential but it would be good to see other clubs showing a interest in them for there potential just like Macloed.
Maybe they are. We won't know until the deal is nearly done. Fortunately, we're not in the position yet where we need to sell.

hibs0666
31-12-2014, 04:44 PM
January loans tend to be complete dross, we know this from vast experience over the last few years.

I thought they'd maybe recall some young players they have out on loan but I see Barrie Mckay has extended his loan with Raith till the end of the season, strange one.

I think at our end of the market you're right. The more you can offer in wages the better the class of no-mark you can get your paws on though.

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2014, 05:32 PM

As turns out, they're getting nowt.

It's half up front, and the rest over 18 months. All of it going straight to Ashley, as he had first dibs on it. :greengrin

emerald green
31-12-2014, 06:38 PM
As turns out, they're getting nowt.

It's half up front, and the rest over 18 months. All of it going straight to Ashley, as he had first dibs on it. :greengrin

Excellent news. Thanks for that. :aok:

Ozyhibby
31-12-2014, 08:30 PM
@AgentScotland: Discounting the Alloa game as he went off wirh an early injury Rangers with MacLeod this season P20 W17 D2 L1 without him P8 W2 D1 L5

Kaiser1962
31-12-2014, 08:56 PM
@AgentScotland: Discounting the Alloa game as he went off wirh an early injury Rangers with MacLeod this season P20 W17 D2 L1 without him P8 W2 D1 L5

Inside The SPFL ‏@AgentScotland (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland) 53m53 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland/status/550396804337270784)
The Rangers have an 85% win rate with Lewis MacLeod in the side this season and a 62.5% loss rate without him in the side during 2014-15

brianmc
31-12-2014, 09:09 PM
I think I'm right in saying that the last time Brentford "swooped" to sign a star of the Scottish game it was when they pinched Eddie May from us around '89?
How the mighty have fallen eh - in those days Brentford could afford to sign top premier league players, now they have to make do with lower league cast offs lol

cad
01-01-2015, 06:22 AM

Hes going back to Gorgie or wants to go back to Gorgie I was told , Deano is getting closer to the door at Ipox as well,make of that what you will

Happy New Year Troops

erin go bragh
01-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Hes going back to Gorgie or wants to go back to Gorgie I was told , Deano is getting closer to the door at Ipox as well,make of that what you will

Happy New Year Troops

The puddle drinkers have only got the funds to get in 1 player and its a striker their after .
Dean would toil to get a game in our midfield atm

Ggtth

Jack
01-01-2015, 03:10 PM
So what's the tie up between Brentford, Sports Direct and/or Ashley?

CropleyWasGod
01-01-2015, 03:12 PM
So what's the tie up between Brentford, Sports Direct and/or Ashley?

Brentford's money goes (Sports) Direct to Ashley.

That's a decent tie up. :greengrin

Bronson
01-01-2015, 04:40 PM
I think at our end of the market you're right. The more you can offer in wages the better the class of no-mark you can get your paws on though.

They can't afford to pay big wages though, and that's starting to hit home. Any loans they bring in will be a desperate stop gap with no real improvement to the team IMO.

ancient hibee
01-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Amazing money that English clubs have got to splash around.A million quid spec on a guy who hasn't played against anyone of note.

CropleyWasGod
02-01-2015, 08:33 AM
http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12201348.html.

Contrary to earlier reports