PDA

View Full Version : serial podcast

Off the bar
30-12-2014, 08:48 PM
Has anyone else listened to this?

http://serialpodcast.org/

12 part series which goes in depth into a murder case in the U.S. With interviews with pretty much everyone surrounding the case including the guy convicted of the murder (who maintains his innocence)

It's a fascinating insight into a full court case, which throws up lots of interesting issues surrounding not just the case but crime and punishment in general as well as the moral debate about wether a real life murder should be turned into entertainment.

I've got a clear view on wether the accused is guilty or innocent, would be interested to hear what anyone else thinks about it.

Nazz
31-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks for posting. Just downloaded. Gonna listen over the weekend...

Off the bar
31-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Thanks for posting. Just downloaded. Gonna listen over the weekend...

Nice one! The woman who narrates it is a bit nippy, but stick with it the story is gripping once you get into it!

Matty_Jack04
02-01-2015, 07:49 AM
I've listened to it all,thought it was brilliant there's a lot more info and evidence on the reddit website if you crave more..I got pretty deep into it was reading that most night whilst waiting on the next episodes....still haven't been able to make my mind up on the case...good stuff tho looking forward to a season 2

Off the bar
02-01-2015, 10:39 PM
I've listened to it all,thought it was brilliant there's a lot more info and evidence on the reddit website if you crave more..I got pretty deep into it was reading that most night whilst waiting on the next episodes....still haven't been able to make my mind up on the case...good stuff tho looking forward to a season 2

I heard there was a lot of good stuff on reddit, but I've not checked that out.

I don't think the states version of events, crucially the timeline and the location of the murder is correct, but I do think he is guilty. There is just too much circumstantial evidence pointing towards him and Jays testimony is pretty compelling for me.