PDA

View Full Version : Mark Oxley

onlyonesauzee4
30-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Does anyone know if Oxley will be remaining at Hibs until the end of the season? From memory his current loan due to expire on 2nd January.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Loan deal ends in Jan but will be extended until the summer.

monktonharp
30-12-2014, 09:56 PM
sauce?

monktonharp
30-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Does anyone know if Oxley will be remaining at Hibs until the end of the season? From memory his current loan due to expire on 2nd January.hope he can get at least a 2 day dispensation from that date:wink:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-12-2014, 10:32 PM
sauce?

HP, you? :greengrin

Turkish Green
30-12-2014, 11:37 PM
Not sure they can extend a loan deal. But a new loan deal is a possibility.

Jones28
31-12-2014, 02:42 AM
sauce?

Stubbs himself has said he expects Ox to be here beyond January.

I'd try and get hi permenantly. A young keeper will make mistakes but he has the stature and athletisism to be a top keeper, in the Fraser Forster mould.

Hibernian Verse
31-12-2014, 07:50 AM

I'd try and get hi permenantly. A young keeper will make mistakes but he has the stature and athletisism to be a top keeper, in the Fraser Forster mould.

Woah, easy now :greengrin

hibbymark
31-12-2014, 08:32 AM

I don't rate either of them to be honest. Forster is the most over rated keeper since Joe Hart and although Oxley is the best we have at the moment I would like us to sign a keeper long term.

As horrible a yam as he is I am still disappointed we never got Jamie McDonald. Better than Falkirk imo and I have never met a keeper who wants to train and play on that 3g surface everyday

IanM
31-12-2014, 08:41 AM
I don't rate either of them to be honest. Forster is the most over rated keeper since Joe Hart and although Oxley is the best we have at the moment I would like us to sign a keeper long term.

As horrible a yam as he is I am still disappointed we never got Jamie McDonald. Better than Falkirk imo and I have never met a keeper who wants to train and play on that 3g surface everyday

He's made the odd mistake but he's went from not playing first team football every week to being chucked in the deep end in a new team. If outfield players are allowed 'time to settle' then i don't see why he isn't?

He had nothing to do on Saturday against the Rangers but he took every cross perfectly, his distribution and kicking is incredible, something we've not had from a keeper in a long time. As long as he learned from his mistakes and keeps learning then I don't see why we shouldn't sign him long term.

Nothing wrong with a bit competition mind but don't think I'd be splashing out on a keeper.

Hibeewilly
31-12-2014, 09:31 AM
He's made the odd mistake but he's went from not playing first team football every week to being chucked in the deep end in a new team. If outfield players are allowed 'time to settle' then i don't see why he isn't?

He had nothing to do on Saturday against the Rangers but he took every cross perfectly, his distribution and kicking is incredible, something we've not had from a keeper in a long time. As long as he learned from his mistakes and keeps learning then I don't see why we shouldn't sign him long term.

Nothing wrong with a bit competition mind but don't think I'd be splashing out on a keeper.
Agreed. I think he has the potential to be a very good keeper

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2014, 09:38 AM
If Oxley is as bad a keeper as we are going to get then that is fine. Much better to think about Oxley as an improvement on what we have had, rather than not as good as others at different clubs.

JimBHibees
31-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Bumped into him yesterday at EM he said discussions continuing.

Dashing Bob S
31-12-2014, 10:10 AM
I rate Oxley highly, doesn't flap at cross balls, commands the box, and is actually a decent shot stopper bar the odd gaffe. But when he makes those he has the correct temperament and doesn't become unnerved and dwell on them. There's obviously room for improvement, would like to see him organise the defence more assertively, but this will happen and then, sadly, he'll be out of our league. I see him eventually as a decent low half English Premiership/top half championship keeper, who play loads of pro games at that level.

Beefster
31-12-2014, 10:13 AM

MacDonald in the summer wouldn't be out of the question. He's out of contract and doesn't expect to stay at Falkirk.

Libby Hibby
31-12-2014, 10:17 AM
My opinion of Oxley has strengthened over the past few weeks and after Saturday performance, I think it was all to see how good a keeper he is.

Rangers had 8 corners on Saturday and yet he came for every one decisively, with confidence and without error. His handling was excellent.

Granted, he may have a wee wobble but that could be put down to his earlier back injury which he looks like he has fully recovered.

Alloa apart, I can't think of any errors from him that have directly resulted in an opposition goal.

Good keeper who seems to be a bubbly, infectious character around the dressing room.

I like him.

nellio
31-12-2014, 11:57 AM
A few errors but these can be forgiven. His al roung game is decent.

southern hibby
31-12-2014, 12:28 PM
I think there is potential there to become a good keeper, but I think he is prone to spells were he looses concentration.

GGTTH

oneone73
31-12-2014, 02:02 PM
He's the worst I've ever seen at penalty shootouts!

Libby Hibby
31-12-2014, 02:14 PM
He's the worst I've ever seen at penalty shootouts!

Worse than Big Ben?

oneone73
31-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Worse than Big Ben?

Yep. He was utterly dire against DU. At least Big Ben got close to a couple.