PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs

rosco-hibee
30-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Don't know if anyone's read it yet, but copied the last bit of the article on the bbc about the upcoming derby:

"I'd heard about 'Sunshine on Leith' quite a lot of times and the only experience I've had of it was by listening to it on the internet," the Englishman added.
"To hear it at the end of the game, and for the players to hear it, I thought it was fantastic. Put the result aside, I thought that was the most significant moment of the whole of Saturday.
"I'd probably say that is the first time I really felt what a really great club this is. I was delighted with the team on Saturday, in fact I've been delighted with the team since I came in, but the most poignant moment for me on Saturday was the fans at the end of the game."

Nice touch about the fans, but I think shows that it makes a huge difference that the fans get behind the team. I love it when the crowd belt out sunshine on leith, glad the players and managers recognised and it enjoyed it too.

GGTTH

Weststandwanab
30-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Brilliant.

I hope Mr. Stubbs has many more days to hear S. o L. belted out on a Saturday after a home match.

Hermit Crab
30-12-2014, 06:56 PM
It should be belted out the roseburn stand this Saturday. Drown out those clowns. :gwa:

jacomo
30-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Let's hope the love affair really blossoms over the next few months. AS has been great for us... and ironic that he had no real affinity with Hibs, as he seems to know exactly what we need.

Northernhibee
30-12-2014, 07:16 PM
I really hope we keep a hold of him for 3-4 seasons. I'd love to see how far he can progress us as a team.

Michael
30-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Sometimes* I fantasise as to how SOL would sound after winning the Scottish Cup.

*Actual amount accounts for at least 50% of all Hibs related thoughts

Sir David Gray
30-12-2014, 11:09 PM
Sometimes* I fantasise as to how SOL would sound after winning the Scottish Cup.

I don't think I would be capable of singing a full rendition of SoL if we had just won the Scottish Cup.

I would be a complete wreck.

California-Hibs
31-12-2014, 12:46 AM

You're not alone there. Would/will be a moment that will live with people forever.

SteveHFC
31-12-2014, 12:55 AM

I would be crying my eyes out cuddling random people around me.

DAVE1875
31-12-2014, 03:24 AM
Really hope Stubbs is the first manager since Mowbray that leaves us to go to a bigger club, at least that's the only way I hope he leaves

EdinMike
31-12-2014, 05:58 AM

southsider
31-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Let's hope the love affair really blossoms over the next few months. AS has been great for us... and ironic that he had no real affinity with Hibs, as he seems to know exactly what we need.
He is forever grateful to the Hibs fans for the reception he received from us when he came on as sub for Celtic at ER.