PDA

View Full Version : No New Money For Players In January

Turkish Green
30-12-2014, 06:57 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/no-new-budget-for-hibs-boss-alan-stubbs-1-3646752

Says chairman Rod Petrie. I thought RP was taking a back seat. Well that did not last long, did it?

Lago
30-12-2014, 07:03 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/no-new-budget-for-hibs-boss-alan-stubbs-1-3646752

Says chairman Rod Petrie. I thought RP was taking a back seat. Well that did not last long, did it?
Think your struggling to find a rod to beat Petrie's back.

majorhibs
30-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Think your struggling to find a rod to beat Petrie's back.

Relegation last season wi nae huns & poppy thieves -15 should have beaten petries back out of town long ago.

timewilltell
30-12-2014, 07:07 PM
If you read what he actually said you will see that's not strictly true. No war chest or 'new budget' is what he said.

We will sign in the window I'm sure if it.

Pete
30-12-2014, 07:08 PM
It was bound to happen.

Maybe we need a thread for negative crap regardless of how we are doing.

ekhibee
30-12-2014, 07:09 PM

I never read the Edinburgh Evening Yam, but I would have thought Leeann Dempster would have been best placed to comment on anything like that, not somebody who's supposedly taking a backseat role.

Hermit Crab
30-12-2014, 07:15 PM
I never read the Edinburgh Evening Yam, but I would have thought Leeann Dempster would have been best placed to comment on anything like that, not somebody who's supposedly taking a backseat role.

Get this every window. He's just piuting it to the fans that there's no additional budget this January, there will be money there for signings.

Lets be honest after the recent results and venture in to fan ownership, not to bring in new players in January would be a disaster for the board and just show the lack of ambition they've been criticised for over the last X amount of years. We will sign and offload in this window.

wazoo1875
30-12-2014, 07:21 PM
Alan Stubbs seemed pretty adamant today that he'll be making additions to the squad.

hibees 7062
30-12-2014, 07:24 PM
3 loanees 1 from Newcastle and 2 from Everton :agree:

West hamBERNIAN
30-12-2014, 07:27 PM
I Think we'll get two strikers punt Heffernan, not sure about Sinclairs loan, 6 month or 12. A midfielder or two in and a left back. Just a hunch though.

thebakerboy
30-12-2014, 07:28 PM
I thought Alan Stubbs said he was bringing in 3 or 4 in January but 1 or 2 may have to leave. Sure I heard him say this in an interview over the last few days. Think that could be Heffernan and Sinclair with a Keeper and possibly McBean as two possibly coming in.

greenlex
30-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Surely we are covered at left back? A right back might be better. Striker or two is a must.

Mikey
30-12-2014, 07:30 PM
I thought Alan Stubbs said he was bringing in 3 or 4 in January but 1 or 2 may have to leave. Sure I heard him say this in an interview over the last few days.

He said exactly that down at East Mains today.

PatHead
30-12-2014, 07:34 PM
He didn't say there would be no funds he says no new funds.

Would have been amazed if he suddenly started to splash the cash on the chance of money coming in later in the season.

Like the way the EEN manage to spin it as a negative.

Jonnyboy
30-12-2014, 07:34 PM
He said exactly that down at East Mains today.

Well he's obviously lying as the OP has informed us all there's no money, using his thread title :wink:

Billy Whizz
30-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Well he's obviously lying as the OP has informed us all there's no money, using his thread title :wink:

Think the OP said no new money, doesn't say anything about already budgeted money

Jonnyboy
30-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Think the OP said no new money, doesn't say anything about already budgeted money

My bad :greengrin

hibees 7062
30-12-2014, 07:37 PM
He didn't say there would be no funds he says no new funds.

Would have been amazed if he suddenly started to splash the cash on the chance of money coming in later in the season.

Like the way the EEN manage to spin it as a negative.

Surprised Kev ? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
30-12-2014, 07:40 PM
My bad :greengrin

Not like you

Jonnyboy
30-12-2014, 07:41 PM
Not like you

True. I blame age :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
30-12-2014, 07:45 PM
i wonder if Mathew Kennedy will return to Everton after his 6 months are up, free up a wage/part wage

PatHead
30-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Surprised Kev ? :greengrin

Not at all

jacomo
30-12-2014, 07:58 PM

I expected this to be a tale of hysteria from the EEN, but it's the OP who's twisting something out of nothing.

We shall see what January brings.

Rather amusing though to see Petrie talking about sporting ambition and passion - exactly the qualities missing under his leadership.

hibees 7062
30-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Not at all

:greengrin

silverhibee
30-12-2014, 08:11 PM

Think the point being is we are hearing this from someone who has meant to have taken a back seat from all this chat, Leeann Dempster should be doing all the talking J, not Petrie, he just can't take the back seat can he, I'm pretty sure we will bring in a few players in January and get rid of two at the most, yes Stubbs has hinted he will be dabbling in the window, but why the F*** do we have to hear it from Petrie, Leeann Dempster should be making all Hibs statements and not someone who keeps saying he is taking a back seat for him to pop his head up every few months and say or be involved in something, do they not learn J, he is not liked by the support, things are starting to go well on and off the pitch and Stubbs and Dempster should be the only folk we should be hearing from, not the elephant in the room.

Just Alf
30-12-2014, 08:17 PM
This was simply as part of the announcement the other day, it's not a separate interview or anything? He's simply stating that the change in finances (as others have already said) won't mean we'll be splashing additional cash.

And just to add, the fact he was there representing STF doesn't mean he's ow back on the case

IMHO anyways!

hibees 7062
30-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Think the point being is we are hearing this from someone who has meant to have taken a back seat from all this chat, Leeann Dempster should be doing all the talking J, not Petrie, he just can't take the back seat can he, I'm pretty sure we will bring in a few players in January and get rid of two at the most, yes Stubbs has hinted he will be dabbling in the window, but why the F*** do we have to hear it from Petrie, Leeann Dempster should be making all Hibs statements and not someone who keeps saying he is taking a back seat for him to pop his head up every few months and say or be involved in something, do they not learn J, he is not liked by the support, things are starting to go well on and off the pitch and Stubbs and Dempster should be the only folk we should be hearing from, not the elephant in the room.

:agree: Exactly

Chibs
30-12-2014, 08:33 PM

Not quite sure of your point here.
RP in an interview with a joke of a newspaper tells the truth that there will be no new
money added to this seasons budget.
Did you think there would be?

Lago
30-12-2014, 08:40 PM
It was bound to happen.

Maybe we need a thread for negative crap regardless of how we are doing.
:top marks

Diclonius
30-12-2014, 08:56 PM
i wonder if Mathew Kennedy will return to Everton after his 6 months are up, free up a wage/part wage

Would be a shame, he's always played well when he's come on - just no room for him in the team at present.

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Would be a shame, he's always played well when he's come on - just no room for him in the team at present.

Kennedy has been a huge let down IMO, no final ball.....Won't be missed if he returns back down South

Swedish hibee
30-12-2014, 09:19 PM
You've brought me back down to earth with this thread guys. sigh.

Heisenberg
30-12-2014, 09:19 PM
Surely it's pretty nailed on that Kennedy will be away. Everton sent him up here to get games and he's been benched for the majority of the time. Not beneficial to anyone involved.

West hamBERNIAN
30-12-2014, 09:24 PM
You've brought me back down to earth with this thread guys. sigh.

Depends how you look at it. Stubbs didn't have long to pick out signing targets in the summer. He's had a chance to have a decent look and to workout who he can trust to do a job already here. Only positive for me, looking forward to seeing new faces. GG

O'Rourke3
30-12-2014, 09:29 PM
Of course there's no new money there isn't enough time between the AGM and the share issue before the end of the window....

Ronniekirk
30-12-2014, 09:34 PM

Lee Ann was on TV too briefly but view seems to be this is something that has been worked on for a while and presumably Rod was involved for part of this and may have continued to be involved .there seems to be a willingness to ensure he gets credit for the work he has done and I suspect we are going to get a brief charm offensive to try and deflect criticism away from Rod at the A G M .
I have never bothered going to one before but I ain't going to miss this next one

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2014, 09:36 PM
Of course there's no new money there isn't enough time between the AGM and the share issue before the end of the window....
The share issue probably won't be launched for a while yet. Depending on how much is raised, and how it is to be used, the manager won't see any of it until the next window at the earliest.

Jonnyboy
30-12-2014, 09:38 PM

Fair points buddy but I guess if RP is there and is asked a question he's going to answer it rather than do a Scott Brown and say :dunno: you'll need to ask Leeann :greengrin

brog
30-12-2014, 09:39 PM

The major announcement & all interviews yesterday were conducted by LD. It's not unreasonable for RP, who like it or not remains as Chairman, to take a follow up interview from our local rag. You never know, LD may have been doing something more important & beneficial to our club.

mca
30-12-2014, 09:55 PM
The major announcement & all interviews yesterday were conducted by LD. It's not unreasonable for RP, who like it or not remains as Chairman, to take a follow up interview from our local rag. You never know, LD may have been doing something more important & beneficial to our club.

Aye.. and I would bet that if Sir Tom himself had told us what Rodders had Said.. Then all would be Hunky Dory.. naw..:greengrin

silverhibee
30-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Fair points buddy but I guess if RP is there and is asked a question he's going to answer it rather than do a Scott Brown and say :dunno: you'll need to ask Leeann :greengrin

And that's it J, he is meant to be taking a back seat, so why is he there, Leeann Dempster should be doing theses things, she is our person in charge, she should be making all statements about HFC, not the elephant in the room who just cannot help himself get involved in things.

greenlex
30-12-2014, 10:39 PM
And that's it J, he is meant to be taking a back seat, so why is he there, Leeann Dempster should be doing theses things, she is our person in charge, she should be making all statements about HFC, not the elephant in the room who just cannot help himself get involved in things.
He's still chairman. It was a club announcement and a momentous one at that. . It's fair for both to be there IMO. I'm surprised STF wasn't there too if I'm being honest.

Turkish Green
30-12-2014, 11:45 PM

My original point of the thread was more concerning the organ spouting the news than the news itself. I too would have thought it would have come from the CEO and not the non-executive chairman.

Peevemor
30-12-2014, 11:56 PM
This thread is pish.

LD is responsible for the day to day running of the club. This isn't day to day stuff, but in saying that, it appears that she's been involved in the process and gave interviews, etc. yesterday.

It's to be expected that RP, as club chairman, would comment on such a major issue. In addition he's a one of the two shareholders in the holding company that are making this possible.

This had nothing to do with RP taking a back seat and anyone saying otherwise really needs to wisen up.

Thecat23
31-12-2014, 12:06 AM
This thread is pish.

LD is responsible for the day to day running of the club. This isn't day to day stuff, but in saying that, it appears that she's been involved in the process and gave interviews, etc. yesterday.

It's to be expected that RP, as club chairman, would comment on such a major issue. In addition he's a one of the two shareholders in the holding company that are making this possible.

This had nothing to do with RP taking a back seat and anyone saying otherwise really needs to wisen up.

I think him just being around is unhealthy after everything that's happened and that smug smile when we lost the pens topped most over the edge. I've actually no interest in anything he says the man bores me to tears with the same crap chat! I honestly wish he'd leave and stop being the dark cloud that hangs over this club.

Purely my opinion of course!!!

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 12:12 AM
This thread is pish.

Player budget is day to day stuff. So Leeann should be talking about it along with Stubbs, not the elephant in the room.

If you think the thread is pish then don't post on it then.

Take it that's directed at me

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Q. So, Mr Petrie, you've been working on the refinancing of the club for about a year?

A. Yep.

Q. Does that mean that there will be more money for players in January?

A. Nope.

Peevemor
31-12-2014, 12:17 AM
I think him just being around is unhealthy after everything that's happened and that smug smile when we lost the pens topped most over the edge. I've actually no interest in anything he says the man bores me to tears with the same crap chat! I honestly wish he'd leave and stop being the dark cloud that hangs over this club.

Purely my opinion of course!!!

That's fair enough (though the "smug smile" looked more to me like an expression of "Oh f***! - the guy cannae help his face).

However, whenever he does make a rare media appearance, we get all this "he's meant to be taking a back seat" crap on here.

He was even getting pelters on the latest league decision re. sevco before the meeting had taken place.

I just wish that folk would focus more on the good stuff that's happening, instead of polluting this place with ignorant, ill founded, anti-Petrie crap at every tiny opportunity.

Thecat23
31-12-2014, 12:43 AM
That's fair enough (though the "smug smile" looked more to me like an expression of "Oh f***! - the guy cannae help his face).

However, whenever he does make a rare media appearance, we get all this "he's meant to be taking a back seat" crap on here.

He was even getting pelters on the latest league decision re. sevco before the meeting had taken place.

I just wish that folk would focus more on the good stuff that's happening, instead of polluting this place with ignorant, ill founded, anti-Petrie crap at every tiny opportunity.

I know what your saying mate, things are finally turning around it seems LD doing some good things as well.

But I suppose people can't just switch off from what was a massive issue just because things are picking up. If he left it really would be best for everyone. Anyway like I say he bores me and I'm more interested in the team which thankfully is playing good football and I'm actually enjoying watching us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 01:13 AM

Petrie Out. :aok:

Folk defending him at every opportunity for where he has took us, he picked Butcher and he got us relegated, folk defending him are a joke on here, i will have a go at him every opportunity, he is a dark cloud over this club, folk defending him then saying they would like to see him step down, they should make there mind up.

It's a forum for giving a opinion if that's okay with you, but you just keep throwing your insults.

SteveHFC
31-12-2014, 01:13 AM

Folk defending him at every opportunity for where he has took us, he picked Butcher and he got us relegated, folk defending him are a joke on here, i will have a go at him every opportunity, he is a dark cloud over this club, folk defending him then saying they would like to see him step down, they should make there mind up.

It's a forum for giving a opinion if that's okay with you, but you just keep throwing your insults.

:top marks

villager
31-12-2014, 01:34 AM

:agree: Petrie out.

Jones28
31-12-2014, 02:33 AM
This is old news.

We could've wiped all the debt and there still wouldn't have been a transfer kitty.

Players have to go for players to come in. It's called "living within your means", something that Scottish football clubs are going to have to be strict with if they are to continue.

cocopops1875
31-12-2014, 05:30 AM

I would expect this to happen mate

Peevemor
31-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Loo

I don't need you to tell me my mind. I do want him to stand down but until he does he remains the club chairman.

In is role as "conduit" he's played a blinder getting this debt/share thing set up. As chairmen it's perfectly normal that he's involved in it's announcement. Knocking him for either is just pathetic.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Much better surely that assumption is that we have no spare cash? No point in saying different and then inviting agents to try and up the ante?

Iain G
31-12-2014, 10:01 AM

Folks attacking him at every opportunity is kinda a joke too, especially when they are announcing a major positive move forward for the club and has said nothing particularly inflamatory!!

The Hibee Harp
31-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Even if we had money to spend in January we wouldn't be publicly announcing that given every single club we speak to would be putting the value of their players up!

allezsauzee
31-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Even if there was "new money" to sign players and we were determined to sign 2 or 3 in January , it wouldn't make an awful lot of sense to announce it to all the other clubs/agents so that they could screw us for more cash would it? If we are adopting a policy of only signing the right players rather than filling up the squad with mediocrity, there's no point in painting ourselves into a corner because we've announced to the world that we are splashing out.

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Even if there was "new money" to sign players and we were determined to sign 2 or 3 in January , it wouldn't make an awful lot of sense to announce it to all the other clubs/agents so that they could screw us for more cash would it? If we are adopting a policy of only signing the right players rather than filling up the squad with mediocrity, there's no point in painting ourselves into a corner because we've announced to the world that we are splashing out.
C'rect.

If we did that, the club would rightly be criticised by us.

Or RP would. ....

mixumatosis
31-12-2014, 10:23 AM

That much is clear, whether there is any justification to do so or not.

Andy74
31-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Daft thread.

It's absolutely right that the Chairman is the one leading on this type of announcement. Same thing with the AGM. It's a Chairman led event.

If you don't understand the difference between a Chairman and Chief Exec then maybe best not to comment.

He is simply confirming that this arrangement will have no cash benefit for the coming window.

The Hibee Harp
31-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Daft thread.

It's absolutely right that the Chairman is the one leading on this type of announcement. Same thing with the AGM. It's a Chairman led event.

If you don't understand the difference between a Chairman and Chief Exec then maybe best not to comment.

He is simply confirming that this arrangement will have no cash benefit for the coming window.

:agree:Spot On.

Mikey
31-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Folks attacking him at every opportunity is kinda a joke too, especially when they are announcing a major positive move forward for the club and has said nothing particularly inflamatory!!

One of the things that was touched on yesterday during the chat with LD is that there has to come a point when people start looking forward and not back. Until that happens we can't move on together.

jacomo
31-12-2014, 10:52 AM

His defenders often fall back on 'oh, but I want him out too' - so I wouldn't take their criticisms too seriously. This is actually my biggest worry about fan control of the club... that people who lack any conviction get involved and the club becomes paralysed by indecision. Leadership requires the ability to make decisions and stay the course when times are tough... not trying to have your cake and eat it.

Anyhow... In this instance, I think it was appropriate for Petrie to speak - he retains the seat of power at the club, is the conduit to the owner and so therefore he should be available to comment on a proposal to change the ownership structure.

However, his interview was telling, in exposing everything that has gone wrong in recent years. His first instinct is to be defensive - 'There have been some good times too!' - and then the message gets somewhat lost in arcane detail and generalisms. His time is up.

Phil MaGlass
31-12-2014, 10:55 AM
One of the things that was touched on yesterday during the chat with LD is that there has to come a point when people start looking forward and not back. Until that happens we can't move on together.

Problem is, we cant stop looking back when Petrie is one of the major reasons why we are in the 5hit that we are in and going through.
Petrie gone, less of a problem.

Mikey
31-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Problem is, we cant stop looking back when Petrie is one of the major reasons why we are in the 5hit that we are in and going through.
Petrie gone, less of a problem.

I did mention that too :greengrin

Lee
31-12-2014, 11:54 AM
What a daft, pointless thread.

They're ain't even a direct quote from him in the article saying that, and Leeann has already come out and said this January transfer budget won't be impacted by this, as AGM isn't until the end of the month and we're still a few weeks away from seeing any additional cashflow impact on the back of this (shares will likely be sold from Feb onwards ie after the window shuts).

Stubbs has also said in interviews that he'll look to bring in 2-3 players as we have others returning back to fitness - I'm more than fine with that provided the signings are of decent quality and enhance the squad.

We won't be selling everyone and anyone to the highest bidders like our blue nosed rivals either, thankfully

Brightside
31-12-2014, 12:05 PM

You never stop eh.

hhibs
31-12-2014, 12:21 PM
You never stop eh.

And rightly so !

The man has led the football club into horrific decline,he is a failure.

The sooner he is gone the better and we can move on,till then he should be reminded constantly that he is not wanted by the vast majority of fans.

Peevemor
31-12-2014, 12:30 PM
And rightly so !

The man has led the football club into horrific decline,he is a failure.

The sooner he is gone the better and we can move on,till then he should be reminded constantly that he is not wanted by the vast majority of fans.

Is this the same majority of fans who'd have been screaming for RP's head had Butcher and his team not been appointed?

Change the record FFS!

Brightside
31-12-2014, 01:04 PM
It's another pointless thread trying to rip any good news out I the club. Petrie isn't stoping anything. He's no longer running the football side of the club. There will be new players coming in Jan so why on earth start a thread slagging Petrie??

stoneyburn hibs
31-12-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm confident that there will be new signings in January. I'm also confident that the club is now as a whole, moving in the right direction.
Every supporter should at the very least give the club a chance and move forward with them. Constantly going over what has passed is negative and pointless.

Just Alf
31-12-2014, 01:17 PM
This thread has me confused! :confused:

Hibs had a press conference to announce a major positive change to our financial position and that a programme is to be put in place so supporters can buy into the club.... All good so far?

Now, LD and RP, amongst others were there representing Hibs, RP as non-exec chairman (who we were told when LD arrived was to progress off the field stuff.... A bit like this???) and of course he's "the conduit" so was also there representing STF. .... Still don't see anything wrong with that yet?

Then, after the formal announcement the Hibs reps are interviewed by the press....

And, paraphrasing here..... Press man - "Mr P, even though the club won't get any money from the shares until spring or summer will you be adding to the transfer pot even though you don't have the money."

RP - "no we don't have it to spend yet!"

Pretty sure that covers it.....

So... What makes anyone think he's suddenly fully involved in the day to day stuff again and does anyone think we should be spending money we don't have?

GGTTH!

Cropley10
31-12-2014, 01:19 PM

No need to tell us all what to do and think, thanks. In any case - if ANYONE even mentions RP you are immediately alerted and get straight on here to defend him, unconditionally.

Like many others I'd like RP, the non-Exec Chairman, to take a proper back seat and no longer make any comments to the media.

Peevemor
31-12-2014, 01:25 PM
No need to tell us all what to do and think, thanks. In any case - if ANYONE even mentions RP you are immediately alerted and get straight on here to defend him, unconditionally.

Like many others I'd like RP, the non-Exec Chairman, to take a proper back seat and no longer make any comments to the media.

Crap. I don't "defend him unconditionally" at all. Nowhere have I defended the decline of our football team over the past few years. I'm not saying that everything was RP's fault, but as the boss he was ultimately responsible.

As for the "proper back seat" thing, what part of the role of chairman of the board (executive or not) don't you understand?

Blaster
31-12-2014, 01:26 PM

He has taken a back seat tho on the footballing side. This announcement was not just about the footballing side and that's why he was there and giving interviews

I am also keen for him to move on sooner than later but anyone picking on him for this is just being silly. As LD has said its time we move forward together and threads like this are holding us back

Just Alf
31-12-2014, 01:29 PM

This is what I'm getting at.... From your post you even know he's the non exec chairman, but you still posted what you did? :confused:

Just Alf
31-12-2014, 01:31 PM
And for the record, I'm really looking forward to moving on at some point (sooner rather than later hopefully!) without RP but I do think that some folk just seem to be haters for the sake of it... :rolleyes:

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 01:42 PM

Pretty sure we can do both, maybe it is easier for Leeann Dempster to say these things as she hasn't had to sit through and watch the pish that has been served up to us over the last few years, you just don't forget about being gubbed in two finals in a row and hanging about in the bottom six since Yogi was last in charge to get us a top six finish, and after flirting about in the bottom six since then, then BOOM, we get relegated, we just can't forget about all these things and all under the stewardship of Petrie.

Now for the forward looking, we are starting to look like a football team again with a bit of swagger, Stubbs and his coaching staff get all the credit for that and hope it continues on the pitch and with a few new faces in January we can hope to push for 2nd place and get 3 points of the yams this weekend, do that and we will go in to the 2nd half of the season with confidence on the high.

We can still move on together as supporters, but have we just to wipe out Hibs history and start a fresh in the summer time and not mention the bad or good times because it is in the past.

"Looking forward" to the Derby and going to games for the rest of the season.

Petrie is a reminder of the past, pretty sure when he has gone everything will look even more rosey at Hibernian FC.

Happy New Year.

Just Alf
31-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Pretty sure we can do both, maybe it is easier for Leeann Dempster to say these things as she hasn't had to sit through and watch the pish that has been served up to us over the last few years, you just don't forget about being gubbed in two finals in a row and hanging about in the bottom six since Yogi was last in charge to get us a top six finish, and after flirting about in the bottom six since then, then BOOM, we get relegated, we just can't forget about all these things and all under the stewardship of Petrie.

Now for the forward looking, we are starting to look like a football team again with a bit of swagger, Stubbs and his coaching staff get all the credit for that and hope it continues on the pitch and with a few new faces in January we can hope to push for 2nd place and get 3 points of the yams this weekend, do that and we will go in to the 2nd half of the season with confidence on the high.

We can still move on together as supporters, but have we just to wipe out Hibs history and start a fresh in the summer time and not mention the bad or good times because it is in the past.

Petrie is a reminder of the past, pretty sure when he has gone everything will look even more rosey at Hibernian FC.

Happy New Year.

Agree with this... :aok:

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 01:46 PM
I'm confident that there will be new signings in January. I'm also confident that the club is now as a whole, moving in the right direction.
Every supporter should at the very least give the club a chance and move forward with them. Constantly going over what has passed is negative and pointless.

No it's not, it is now part of Hibs history, surely we are allowed to discuss that.

Bobby's Cinema
31-12-2014, 01:48 PM
The headline is misleading from what I can see. Okay he won't be handed a new budget but that doesn't mean there isn't money left to spend.

Also, Rods bull**** about the ethos of the club just hasn't existed over the years. Whatever semblance of that there is just now certainly doesn't come from him.

There's a lot of good stuff going on right now, go back to hiding Rod. It's what you're good at :aok:

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2014, 01:50 PM
I find it difficult to look forward when I keep seeing interviews about our future from rod petrie.

Peevemor
31-12-2014, 01:50 PM

Happy New Year.

:aok:

BSEJVT
31-12-2014, 02:07 PM
No it's not, it is now part of Hibs history, surely we are allowed to discuss that.

We are allowed to discuss lots of things, some good some bad some indifferent.

But its the bad that permeates.

My remaining comments don't relate specifically to this thread or indeed to you SH.

But it seems to me that there are a ton of folk on here whose primary mission is to find a stick to beat the club with and then continue to do so.

Some of these people never have a good word to say about the club, never comment on the good things happening and are never to be seen when results are good.

However at the first sign of trouble or anything contentious its like an outbreak of winter vomiting bug as they pile on here full of ****, piss and wind and like the winter vomiting bug regurgitate the same old mixture of part truths, lies, exaggeration and sometimes honestly held if too often repeated complaints of times passed.

If you knew someone like that in the pub your first thought would be I am going to steer clear of that boring *******.

Hibs have lost thousands of regular supporters, of whom I am one, some of whom probably forever, but this repeated self flagellation stirred up by people on both sides of the divide is adding to the problem massively.

I guarantee you there are other people like me who come on to forums like this to see what's happening, read a few match reports, hear about things happening behind the scenes and start to think. maybe I should think about going back.

They then read some of the other stuff and think maybe not.

Laterally before I gave up my season ticket ER was a horrible place with lots of infighting amongst the support and the atmosphere was poisonous towards the team, if this site is a barometer, then it probably still is.

No-one is saying that everything is perfect or you have to like every single thing / person at the club, but any club is the sum of all its parts.

I have no doubt that may of these folk bleating on about the past are better Hibby's than me, but they really need to ask themselves, I am helping the team / the club?

If the answer is no then maybe they should do as I did and remove themselves until they find a place where they can think they are and re-engage positively.

emerald green
31-12-2014, 02:29 PM
then it probably still is[/B].

The atmosphere at ER was brilliant on Saturday. There will be no poisonous atmosphere towards the team if Hibs have a decent team on the pitch, winning games regularly.

They won't win every week. No team does that, and nobody should seriously expect that. But at least hopefully now, going forward, the supporters won't ever have to suffer the total garbage and disgraceful performances they had to endure under Butcher & Malpas. Is it any wonder supporters were unhappy, to put it mildly?

Maybe it's time you considered renewing your season ticket and got back to supporting the team? You never know, you might start enjoying going to ER again. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
31-12-2014, 02:32 PM
This thread is just another example of why it would be best for all concerned if Rod stood down at the AGM.

We can't change the past but for as long as RP hangs around there will be a shadow over the club that some won't see past. Expecting supporters to simply 'look forward' and forget the last few years is never going to happen and I'm sure LD is more than aware of that, as frustrating as it may be for her.

I've always given RP credit for the good work he did but the mismanagement of the club over the last few years has been criminal, the reason the changes that have taken place look so good is because they have been drastic, they had to be, as the way we were being run on all fronts was shambolic.

If RP stands down at the AGM I don't believe we would see massive changes in the way the club is now being run as I fully believe LD has full control but it would be a final piece in the puzzle of getting people to move on and embrace the future.

AlbertK86
31-12-2014, 02:41 PM
This thread is just another example of why it would be best for all concerned if Rod stood down at the AGM. We can't change the past but for as long as RP hangs around there will be a shadow over the club that some won't see past. Expecting supporters to simply 'look forward' and forget the last few years is never going to happen and I'm sure LD is more than aware of that, as frustrating as it may be for her. I've always given RP credit for the good work he did but the mismanagement of the club over the last few years has been criminal, the reason the changes that have taken place look so good is because they have been drastic, they had to be, as the way we were being run on all fronts was shambolic. If RP stands down at the AGM I don't believe we would see massive changes in the way the club is now being run as I fully believe LD has full control but it would be a final piece in the puzzle of getting people to move on and embrace the future.

Well said PB

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 02:53 PM
:aok:

Happy New Year when it comes. :aok:

I was in Jonty's back garden last night :greengrin so you can rule me out regards your incident last night. :greengrin

:gun:

BSEJVT
31-12-2014, 03:05 PM
The atmosphere at ER was brilliant on Saturday. There will be no poisonous atmosphere towards the team if Hibs have a decent team on the pitch, winning games regularly.

They won't win every week. No team does that, and nobody should seriously expect that. But at least hopefully now, going forward, the supporters won't ever have to suffer the total garbage and disgraceful performances they had to endure under Butcher & Malpas. Is it any wonder supporters were unhappy, to put it mildly?

Maybe it's time you considered renewing your season ticket and got back to supporting the team? You never know, you might start enjoying going to ER again. :greengrin

It certainly is, but the atmosphere at ER had been poisonous long before those 2 ********s showed up.

I would put it as far back as Yogi's tenure.

At the time I put it down to too many folk who knew nothing of football jumping on the bandwagon and getting wound up by the lack of continued "success"

As a disease however its is infectious and I confess to even having caught a version of it and becoming Mr Angry at the team.

I removed myself from the problem as I was getting zero enjoyment out of it and was embarrassed on occasion by my behaviour, although no-one else ever said anything:greengrin

Maybe somehow or other this new regime both on and off field will break the cycle of negativity and Hibs Net simply has more than its fair share of grumpy *******s and they are distorting the reality.

Cropley10
31-12-2014, 03:46 PM
This is what I'm getting at.... From your post you even know he's the non exec chairman, but you still posted what you did? :confused:

Perhaps you could enlighten me then Alf as to what the role of the non-exec chairman is then?

I'm really interested in your reply.

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 03:46 PM
We are allowed to discuss lots of things, some good some bad some indifferent.

But its the bad that permeates.

My remaining comments don't relate specifically to this thread or indeed to you SH.

But it seems to me that there are a ton of folk on here whose primary mission is to find a stick to beat the club with and then continue to do so.

Some of these people never have a good word to say about the club, never comment on the good things happening and are never to be seen when results are good.

However at the first sign of trouble or anything contentious its like an outbreak of winter vomiting bug as they pile on here full of ****, piss and wind and like the winter vomiting bug regurgitate the same old mixture of part truths, lies, exaggeration and sometimes honestly held if too often repeated complaints of times passed.

If you knew someone like that in the pub your first thought would be I am going to steer clear of that boring *******.

Hibs have lost thousands of regular supporters, of whom I am one, some of whom probably forever, but this repeated self flagellation stirred up by people on both sides of the divide is adding to the problem massively.

I guarantee you there are other people like me who come on to forums like this to see what's happening, read a few match reports, hear about things happening behind the scenes and start to think. maybe I should think about going back.

They then read some of the other stuff and think maybe not.

Laterally before I gave up my season ticket ER was a horrible place with lots of infighting amongst the support and the atmosphere was poisonous towards the team, if this site is a barometer, then it probably still is.

No-one is saying that everything is perfect or you have to like every single thing / person at the club, but any club is the sum of all its parts.

I have no doubt that may of these folk bleating on about the past are better Hibby's than me, but they really need to ask themselves, I am helping the team / the club?

If the answer is no then maybe they should do as I did and remove themselves until they find a place where they can think they are and re-engage positively.

I gave up my ST after getting relegated, but i can't stop going to watch the team, have only missed a few games home and away so far this season, the folk that no me on here no i go along to give my support to the team every week, i don't have a go at players or managers at the game when things are going wrong, at the end of last season i travelled up to Dingwall to support the team with a friend who used to post on here and we got beat, did i have a go at them after the FT whistle or boo them of the pitch, the answer is no, got in the car had a moan coming back down the road and more than likely came on here and gave the players/manager a hard time, this is where fans let a bit steam off, on a Message Board after a game, and let me say this, the players deserved every bit of stick they got on here for the performance they put in that night and the way they slumped to the ground at FT, football isn't cheap and that trip alone cost me £100+, i think after spending that money on one game i can have a go at the team on here and tell it how i seen it that night.

Hope you come back to watch the Hibs soon. It's getting a bit better. :aok:

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 03:50 PM

I would say the atmosphere overall has been pretty good this season, and as you say Saturday was top notch, and I'm sure it will be the same against them, we are getting there and a win this weekend would show that.

Cropley10
31-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Really not sure what all this talk about the negativity is coming from or aimed at.

I buy three STs and attend most home games, there's, relatively, hardly anyone in the stadium these days, very little atmosphere - Rangers & Hearts excluded - kind of what you might expect for the second tier.

Folk should try and remember Easter Road is not the same as Hibs.net.

Thousands of folk have found something else to do at 3pm whereas this place is always open...

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 03:51 PM
This thread is just another example of why it would be best for all concerned if Rod stood down at the AGM.

We can't change the past but for as long as RP hangs around there will be a shadow over the club that some won't see past. Expecting supporters to simply 'look forward' and forget the last few years is never going to happen and I'm sure LD is more than aware of that, as frustrating as it may be for her.

I've always given RP credit for the good work he did but the mismanagement of the club over the last few years has been criminal, the reason the changes that have taken place look so good is because they have been drastic, they had to be, as the way we were being run on all fronts was shambolic.

If RP stands down at the AGM I don't believe we would see massive changes in the way the club is now being run as I fully believe LD has full control but it would be a final piece in the puzzle of getting people to move on and embrace the future.

As usual PB, well said. :aok:

Iain G
31-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Happy New Year.

As are Lewis Stevenson, Liam Craig, Scott Robertson, Paul Hanlon etc, you want them all gone to make it rosier too?!

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 05:14 PM
As are Lewis Stevenson, Liam Craig, Scott Robertson, Paul Hanlon etc, you want them all gone to make it rosier too?!

Nope.

Two maybe even three i would be happy to see stay. :aok:

But if the manager can bring in four better players than the ones you mention above then i will live with that and back Stubbs in what he is doing to make it look a lot more rosier.

heidtheba
31-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Whether there is, or isn't money, surely the smart thing to do is downplay available funds? Any selling manager/board or agent would no doubt have increased the price had Petrie said 'Hey EEN, we've got stacks of cash!'.

Don't see a problem with what Hibs say before a transfer window. It's what they pull out of the bag during it that counts.

Flanny boy
31-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Whether there is, or isn't money, surely the smart thing to do is downplay available funds? Any selling manager/board or agent would no doubt have increased the price had Petrie said 'Hey EEN, we've got stacks of cash!'.

Don't see a problem with what Hibs say before a transfer window. It's what they pull out of the bag during it that counts.
:agree:

CropleyWasGod
31-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Perhaps you could enlighten me then Alf as to what the role of the non-exec chairman is then?

As LD has said, the Board have been working on this for all of 2014, and possibly even part of 2013. That takes up the period when RP was exec chair, and non-exec chair. Clearly, he has been part of the process, and it would have been daft to stop as soon as his status changed.

In that light, of course he should be part of the public launch. There will be a few issues that hang over from his executive term, most of which will probably have been dealt with. This is obviously one that hasn't been.

The AGM has to make the decision as to whether the share issue goes ahead. He will be chair of that meeting.

As an aside, I'm non-exec chair of a company. I get asked to do media work when it's appropriate. In that sense, no different to RP.

emerald green
31-12-2014, 07:30 PM
It certainly is, but the atmosphere at ER had been poisonous long before those 2 ********s showed up.

I would put it as far back as Yogi's tenure.

At the time I put it down to too many folk who knew nothing of football jumping on the bandwagon and getting wound up by the lack of continued "success"

As a disease however its is infectious and I confess to even having caught a version of it and becoming Mr Angry at the team.

I removed myself from the problem as I was getting zero enjoyment out of it and was embarrassed on occasion by my behaviour, although no-one else ever said anything:greengrin

Maybe somehow or other this new regime both on and off field will break the cycle of negativity and Hibs Net simply has more than its fair share of grumpy *******s and they are distorting the reality.

Lets hope so. Great strides have been made at ER in a relatively short period of time. Credit has to be given to LD & AS and their teams, as well as to the players.

I'm not daft enough to think everything in the garden is rosy. There's still a lot of hard work to be done to get this club back where it belongs, in the top division of Scottish football, at the upper end of that division.

Hibs.net as you know is a football fans forum and you get all sorts of opinions. To me, it boils down to basically one thing. If Hibs are winning - no "negativity" (or very little anyway!). If Hibs are losing (and getting relegated!) lots of "negativity".

It's people like yourself the club needs back supporting the team at ER.

I would say the atmosphere overall has been pretty good this season, and as you say Saturday was top notch, and I'm sure it will be the same against them, we are getting there and a win this weekend would show that.

:agree: Here's hoping for a win on Saturday. It would be fantastic.

All the best to you and BSEJVT for 2015.

silverhibee
31-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Lets hope so. Great strides have been made at ER in a relatively short period of time. Credit has to be given to LD & AS and their teams, as well as to the players.

I'm not daft enough to think everything in the garden is rosy. There's still a lot of hard work to be done to get this club back where it belongs, in the top division of Scottish football, at the upper end of that division.

Hibs.net as you know is a football fans forum and you get all sorts of opinions. To me, it boils down to basically one thing. If Hibs are winning - no "negativity" (or very little anyway!). If Hibs are losing (and getting relegated!) lots of "negativity".

It's people like yourself the club needs back supporting the team at ER.

:agree: Here's hoping for a win on Saturday. It would be fantastic.

All the best to you and BSEJVT for 2015.

Cheers. Happy Hibby New Year to you. :thumbsup:

Just Alf
01-01-2015, 09:41 AM

As LD has said, the Board have been working on this for all of 2014, and possibly even part of 2013. That takes up the period when RP was exec chair, and non-exec chair. Clearly, he has been part of the process, and it would have been daft to stop as soon as his status changed.

In that light, of course he should be part of the public launch. There will be a few issues that hang over from his executive term, most of which will probably have been dealt with. This is obviously one that hasn't been.

The AGM has to make the decision as to whether the share issue goes ahead. He will be chair of that meeting.

As an aside, I'm non-exec chair of a company. I get asked to do media work when it's appropriate. In that sense, no different to RP.

Sorry Crops10, was off to pub.... Thanks to CWG for replying, that pretty much covers it.

Just to be clear on this whole thing, all I'm trying to say that this thread is based on a side interview at the launch of the fan ownership initiative not a separate meeting or anything so I thought it made sense for RP to be there.

The sooner he's gone though, the sooner we can all forget about threads like this :greengrin

Happy New Year guys :aok:

Nutmegged
01-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't see this as a bad thing?

We've had a high turnover of players in recent years and despite struggling for true consistency we are vastly improving, I think the key is a settled squad, we've got a team capable of beating every team in the league and now its time to keep it together, we've still got Farid to come back into the reckoning along with McGeouch - don't get me wrong, if something "special" came up then I'd be all for it but if it wasn't something that would be almost a given of improving us from the offset the I think sticking with what we have is actually a good thing.

eastcoasthibby
01-01-2015, 10:32 AM
In reading through this thread for Me the baseline remains that there is no trust, respect or credibility sitting with Rod Petrie and the minute he appears in whatever guise speaking about Hibs it creates unrest and a hostile atmosphere which is unhealthy and counter productive to where we are moving. So for me common sense says "stay in the background, as is supposed to be the way of it Perrie" the majority of fans don't want him, but realise we need to put up with him just now anyway !!
The progression is not Petrie's work but by flunk he can quickly hit the feel good factor !!!